TAMC and RTF

1 view

Chris

Sep 16, 2009, 11:21:54 AM9/16/09
to TechAdapt Accessible Media Center Users
Hi all -

In one of the next two releases of TAMC I plan to rewrite the RTF
conversion support to allow it to work on Mac computers (and Linux
too, if you're interested). Since I'll be rewriting that portion of
the product, this is a good opportunity to send me any feedback you
may have about the usability of RTF files generated using TAMC. Some
specific topics I'm interested in:

-- I've heard a couple of comments about how the RTFs created by TAMC
are not "clean" enough for braille transcription, and that TAMC
doesn't provide enough advanced features to facilitate braille
transcription when compared to NimPro and (perhaps) Braille 2000's
upcoming NIMAS support. What do you think about this? Now that
NimPro and Braille 2000 are hitting their stride regarding NIMAS, do
you continue to find TAMC useful?

-- Do you use TAMC to produce RTFs for use as input to the DAISY
creation process? If so, how does this work for you? (By the way,
you might be interested to know that the next release of TAMC provides
the ability to convert NIMAS directly to DAISY.)

-- Do you know of anybody that produces RTF for use on note-takers or
other devices?

-- Are there any other ways that you use RTFs produced by TAMC that I
should be aware of as I plan future enhancements?

Thanks in advance for all of your feedback!

Cheers
Chris