TAMC v0.4.0 early version is now available for testing

Chris von See

Feb 11, 2010, 1:07:59 PM2/11/10
to tamc-...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

The early testing version of the next release of the TechAdapt Accessible Media Center is now available.  This version (v0.4.0) has:

-- a much-improved RTF generation system that gives increased control over the font types and font sizes used in RTFs.  You can now specify the font face and font size to be used for all levels of headings and for regular paragraph text.  The new RTF support also has a number of bug fixes.

-- support for NIMAS-to-RTF generation on Mac OS X 10.5 and later

-- the ability to break a book up by page count as well as by level.  This allows you to create files that contain a user-defined number of pages, which in turn allows you to (for example) produce RTFs or MP3s that are a more consistent size.

If you're interested in testing this version, please let me know.  Thanks!

Chris von See
Senior Geek
TechAdapt, Inc.

Save trees.  Print only when necessary.

Kathleen Flagg McWhorter

Feb 11, 2010, 6:38:02 PM2/11/10
to tamc-...@googlegroups.com

Yessirree! I'm on board, and so is my student worker, Tessa Burt. I've been using your programs and they're WORKING! How about that....

Sorry I didn't get more time to spend with you at ATIA.  Have you ever thought of licensing your program for a few tiny dollars so you can capture who and when and where folks are using it? I'd buy it!  : )  It truly does work on a Mac now.

Forever grateful,

Kathy

Daniel G. McNulty

Feb 18, 2010, 3:04:17 PM2/18/10
to tamc-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Chris,

I’d love to test!   Sorry for my delay in getting back to you.  Things have been crazy… as usual I guess.

Daniel G. McNulty

danielg...@gmail.com

574-214-7065

Skype: daniel_gti1

SL: DanielG Tigerfish

Twitter: danielgmcnulty

Feb 18, 2010, 3:11:14 PM2/18/10
to tamc-...@googlegroups.com
No worries... I'm working on a couple of fixes now, so if it's okay I'll wait to send you the update until I have those in place.

Cheers

Ron

Apr 13, 2010, 2:45:43 PM4/13/10
to tamc-...@googlegroups.com
Any update on the new version?

Ron

Chris von See

Apr 13, 2010, 8:16:20 PM4/13/10
to tamc-...@googlegroups.com
User testing on the new release has been pretty slow... if I don't get any more bugs in the next week or so I think I'm going to go ahead and release it for general consumption.

Kathleen Flagg McWhorter

Apr 20, 2010, 1:20:25 PM4/20/10
to tamc-...@googlegroups.com

Hi, Chris - Will we be able to create mp3 from NIMAS files???

Kathy

Chris von See

Apr 20, 2010, 10:25:23 PM4/20/10
to tamc-...@googlegroups.com