point addition and multiplication wellformed failed

zidni hakam

Mar 14, 2021, 10:58:22 PM3/14/21
to tamarin-prover

Dear all,
I am using Tamarin for my current research, but there is some problem that I don't know the solution yet. In the protocol that I  pick, there is so much function such as point addition, point multiplication, and billinear-pairing on ECC. I cannot found the ECC point addition in tamarin and my model still have multiplication wellformed failed like this :
Screenshot from 2021-03-15 09-38-24.png
can someone tell me how to fix it?
Another question, how to modelling ECC point addition in tamarin?

Thank you

Jannik Dreier

Mar 15, 2021, 6:07:48 AM3/15/21
to zidni hakam, tamarin...@googlegroups.com
Dear Zidni Hakam,

Short answer: Tamarin does not support point addition nor group element
multiplication (see
https://infsec.ethz.ch/content/dam/ethz/special-interest/infk/inst-infsec/information-security-group-dam/research/software/tamarin_group_sp.pdf
for details), so I don't think you will be able to model your protocol
without abstracting some of the cryptographic operations.

Best regards,
Jannik

--
Jannik Dreier
Maître de Conférences | Associate Professor

zidni hakam

Mar 15, 2021, 11:08:42 PM3/15/21
to tamarin-prover
Thank you for your explanation.
For the multiplication problem in my model, I finally can solve it.

Best regard,
Zidni