export data in 0.9.5

peter

Sep 19, 2012, 4:03:05 PM9/19/12
to talos-...@googlegroups.com
I notice that as part of the 0.9.5release(147) there was a new option to export data, can someone tell me where it is in the app,as i cant see
anything about export there

Michael McGuirk

Sep 19, 2012, 5:04:23 PM9/19/12
to talos-...@googlegroups.com
If you have recorded a session, choose Replay then Menu, Share.

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 4:03 PM, peter <petera...@googlemail.com> wrote:
I notice that as part of the 0.9.5release(147) there was a new option to export data, can someone tell me where it is in the app,as i cant see
anything about export there

tshalif

Sep 20, 2012, 3:13:39 AM9/20/12
to talos-...@googlegroups.com
After 'sharing' your Talos Rowing data file from your Android device as described above by Michael, you may open it with the desktop Talos Rowing (experimental) viewer at http://nargila.org/trac/robostroke/raw-attachment/wiki/WikiStart/talos-rowing.jnlp, then - if you want some raw sensor data - you may further extract some specific data into a CSV file.

2012年9月20日木曜日 6時04分44秒 UTC+9 Michael McGuirk:

peter

Sep 22, 2012, 12:27:33 PM9/22/12
to talos-...@googlegroups.com

On Wednesday, September 19, 2012 9:03:06 PM UTC+1, peter wrote:
I notice that as part of the 0.9.5release(147) there was a new option to export data, can someone tell me where it is in the app,as i cant see
anything about export there

I have now managed to extract the data file from a talos session, and run the java applet to export the data,  which i find very disapointing, or i'm doing something wrong, the time stamp is worthless being a 12 digit number, also cant get 500m split times over periods , distance travelled etc, there should be a welth of useful info which could be output .

Am I doing something wrong?

Tal Shalif

Sep 23, 2012, 6:03:25 AM9/23/12
to talos-...@googlegroups.com

You are not doing anything wrong - except, perhaps, having higher expectations than what the application currently is capable of delivering. The file exported from your Android device is meant for replaying on another Talos Rowing device. The data you export from the desktop Talos Rowing application is something different - it is low-level uninterpreted raw data. For example, if someone wanted the GPS read points to plot on top of a Google map.

peter

Sep 23, 2012, 1:21:48 PM9/23/12
to talos-...@googlegroups.com
thx for that clarification,  i am looking for cumalative time, distance speed and 500m split times, which i'm sure i can calculate fromthe way.csv file , however not sure what units the parameters are in, for example if u subtract two times what is the interval, thosands of seconds i suspect, distance i assume is in metres since the last timestamp reading, speed i cant really work out m/s x 10000 is my best guess.  perhaps i have it all wrong, is it possible for you to let me know the units of each of the parameters in this file.  I'm sur eyou have many requests for enhancements, i think an official output file would be very helpful to lots of rowers.  By the way an excellent app, which works !!

Tal Shalif

Sep 24, 2012, 12:40:36 AM9/24/12
to talos-...@googlegroups.com
From the way.cvs header:
timestamp,distance,speed,accuracy

  • timestamp
    Device java System.currentTimeMillis
  • distance
    progress in meters since last entry
  • speed
    in meters/seconds
  • accuracy
    GPS positioning accuracy in meters

Note, however, that all these *.cvs files contain either raw sensor data or with very little processing. In time I hope to add functionality which will enable detecting/marking points of interest inside a rowing session recording file and exporting only those sections. At the moment the whole file is the scope for exporting, so you are right if you think it is difficult to do something meaningful with them at their current state.

peter

Sep 24, 2012, 8:32:45 AM9/24/12
to talos-...@googlegroups.com
Many thanks for your clarification, sorry to be a pain , but in terms of the speed value, I assume a value recorder as 268000, is actuslly 2.68 m/s ,

 your suggestions for future options i am sure would be very useful, in your java app for reading the data you already analyse the data to give distance travelled, 500 split time, rate etc,so to have an option to outputthese would be useful

tshalif

Sep 25, 2012, 1:54:59 AM9/25/12
to talos-...@googlegroups.com
  • speed
    in meters/seconds

Correction:
  • speed
    speed expressed in milliseconds per 500 meters

2012年9月24日月曜日 13時41分06秒 UTC+9 tshalif:
From the way.cvs header: