Let America join the European Union

Wise TibetanMonkey

Mar 4, 2014, 9:55:22 AM3/4/14
to talko...@googlegroups.com
Any country that wishes to be civilized and democratic must join the EU. That's good not only for Ukraine but for America herself. You only compare America to Canada, and you'll see all the potential we've got.

I'm not sure exactly how they deal with membership, but they require fighting corruption and embracing certain human rights like the "free movement of people," which is the most basic freedom of society. I can not even roam free in my community, the homeless even occupying the parks, and perhaps the EU might be able to fix it. Gated communities and SUVs? I'm sure they take care of that too.

Above all, we could avoid America sliding toward Third World standards. You know, our proximity to Latin America is dragging us down. Just say you heard it from a Wise Humble Philosopher --that's me.

http://BANANAREVOLUTION.bravesites.com

Wise TibetanMonkey

Mar 5, 2014, 4:01:12 PM3/5/14
to talko...@googlegroups.com

On Wednesday, March 5, 2014 12:46:52 PM UTC-5, marco wrote:
> I'm not advocating the US joining,
>

> but there is one big advantage, that there is a EURO:
>
> the countries that a members,
>
> are much less likely to war with each other,
>
> since they are economically tied together,
>
> and have an interest in each other
>

> marc

Well, you may argue that America and Europe are very unlikely to go to war European Union or not. The main advantage, IMHU, is quality of life.

We must examine how that, say, improved the quality of life of Croatians.

This seems like a happy place:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7K4yHo5Blo

I'd go there as tourist. My place, though, is crappy. I wished the EU took over Miami Beach. Maybe Latin America too. I remember Croatia was at war barely 20 years ago, right?