What is CIVLIZATION?

Wise TibetanMonkey

Mar 8, 2014, 12:57:09 PM3/8/14
to talko...@googlegroups.com
"CIVILIZATION" means universal healthcare, safe roads and friendly communities, NO CORRUPTION (in politics and business), no gated communities and SUVs.

Some countries are doing an effort in one area or two but not across the board. For example China is getting tough on corruption. Or sometimes the talking is just a distraction. So far the Europeans seem to deliver the best package. Not sure how Russia is doing. America is gated communities and SUVs, people afraid to come out in their communities. Ukrainians wanted to free themselves from corruption (understandable) but cite big corruption in Russia itself. Let's help the Ukrainians decide as we may follow next.

Whoever delivers the goods wins. LONG LIVE THE REVOLUTION!

http://BANANAREVOLUTION.bravesites.com

Wise TibetanMonkey

Mar 8, 2014, 5:04:12 PM3/8/14
to talko...@googlegroups.com
Somebody tests my wisdom with this question...

"It's amusing that the OP starts with 'safe roads' for what is considered civilized but makes no mention of there being no starving people.

No where in the world is civilized. Some may be more developed, but civilized? I don't think so."

These tests of my wisdom are rather good because it forces me to think. I reply...

OK, let's put it in this amusing way:

WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF YOU GIVE A BUNCH OF BANANAS TO A BUNCH OF MONKEYS

Assuming there are 10 monkeys and 10 bananas, what they do with the bananas explains everything:

Under Marxism they equally share the bananas... rather unreal.

Under Capitalism some monkeys control the bananas and some go hungry. Very real but cruel.

Under Civilization some have more bananas than others, but nobody goes hungry.

***

Let's be real, there are bananas for all, though nobody is talking about POPULATION EXPLOSION and HABITAT DEPLETION, and how, sooner rather than later, the monkeys will be eating each other alive.

This is a subject not only apt for philosophers, but for scientists and politicians. Well, any monkey is welcome to participate.

Wise TibetanMonkey

Mar 9, 2014, 7:30:56 AM3/9/14
to talko...@googlegroups.com
On Saturday, March 8, 2014 7:51:35 PM UTC-5, Vladimir  the  Great , ruler of   first Russia 999 wrote:
> it  was not  that  before  the  industrialization  of  work s.
>

> human  had  civilization for 3 thousand years  before
>
> the  Industrialization  by  machines .

I think the car destroyed civilization by turning us into selfish individualists. Before everything was social, including the train and the bicycle. The SUV just made everything even more uncivilized.

Wow, I understand now why my good Christian neighbor said he wouldn't share the road with me. The car is evil!

Wise TibetanMonkey

Mar 9, 2014, 8:05:00 AM3/9/14
to talko...@googlegroups.com
On Sunday, March 9, 2014 7:32:03 AM UTC-4, Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher wrote:

> Wow, I understand now why my good Christian neighbor said he wouldn't share the road with me. The car is evil!

Wow, wow, I hit gold here!

The 11 most evil cars of all time

The Humvee was originally designed for use in war zones, where it would be put to use crushing the hopes, dreams and skulls of natives that dared resist the ways of the US of A. That was the theory, anyway. The reality was that the H2 wasn't all that tough. Scores of soldiers died due to the vehicle's lack of armour, hopeless manoeuvrability, and a rate of acceleration that could be measured in weeks.

The car wasn't much safer in conflict-free cities, either. According to a study conducted by the US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, if you were involved in a car crash with an SUV like the H2, you were 3.4 times more likely to be killed than if you were hit by an ordinary vehicle.

Even drivers and passengers in the Hummer weren't safe. Because the car weighed a massive 3.4 tonnes, it was extremely difficult to stop, and nigh on impossible to manoeuvre.

Then there was the small matter of the planet-destroying carbon emissions of 412g/km, and single-digit fuel economy rivalled only by the Space Shuttle Challenger. The bottom line was that it didn't matter if you were driving the H2 in Iraq or Inverness -- somebody, somewhere was going to die as a result.

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/cartech/the-11-most-evil-cars-of-all-time-50001323/

***

No wonder SUVs tend to be painted all black, have humongous grilles, roar like a lion and have tinted windows. How about the Fiat 500? Isn't it cute? I love the one with the big sunroof.

http://www.wikipediatrade.com/img/fiat-500-sunroof.jpg

Robert Mulain

Aug 12, 2016, 6:45:07 PM8/12/16
to talk origins

On Sunday, 9 March 2014 12:05:00 UTC, Wise TibetanMonkey wrote:
On Sunday, March 9, 2014 7:32:03 AM UTC-4, Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher wrote:

> Wow, I understand now why my good Christian neighbor said he wouldn't share the road with me. The car is evil!

Wow, wow, I hit gold here!

The 11 most evil cars of all time

The Humvee was originally designed for use in war zones, where it would be put to use crushing the hopes, dreams and skulls of natives that dared resist the ways of the US of A. That was the theory, anyway. The reality was that the H2 wasn't all that tough. Scores of soldiers died due to the vehicle's lack of armour, hopeless manoeuvrability, and a rate of acceleration that could be measured in weeks.

The car wasn't much safer in conflict-free cities, either. According to a study conducted by the US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, if you were involved in a car crash with an SUV like the H2, you were 3.4 times more likely to be killed than if you were hit by an ordinary vehicle.

Even drivers and passengers in the Hummer weren't safe. Because the car weighed a massive 3.4 tonnes, it was extremely difficult to stop, and nigh on impossible to manoeuvre.

Then there was the small matter of the planet-destroying carbon emissions of 412g/km, and single-digit fuel economy rivalled only by the Space Shuttle Challenger. The bottom line was that it didn't matter if you were driving the H2 in Iraq or Inverness -- somebody, somewhere was going to die as a result.

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/cartech/the-11-most-evil-cars-of-all-time-50001323/

Dear me - it only mentions one, and the Cadillac Eldorado is a real beau, a classic - even in pink!
I would say (my top 11)is:

1) The Austin Allegro 1100 with square steering wheel... ugh! Was given one as punishment for writing off my company car, then blowing up the engine of a Budget rent a wreck Marina Ital 1700 racing a Jag on the NCR when pissed one night. Two weeks of shame and agony! It ended up ignominiously in a snowstorm near Maidenhead... and I was at last allowed a new Cortina mk5 Estate, which my colleague Maltese Bernie wrote of when he borrowed it while I was off sick one day, having totalled his own mk5.f

 2) Early Dolomite Sprint. With half seized steering and 'jelly' like suspension bushes, one of the earliest 'four wheel steering' cars ever  made. Extremely dangerous! Three weeks and three tins of Plus Gas to release the head studs when the gasket blew - four or five pounds of liquid rust in the cooling system, and blocked X-flow radiator. Almost a full time job to keep it roadworthy, and so rusty she needed scaffold boards and railway sleepers to spread the load when jacking up. Even so, with a following wind and nerves of steel (alcohol helped) could do 125 mph. Mimosa yellow paint impossible to match due to fading. Truly evil!

3) Capri 3L. I was ordered to deliver it to the Company Secretary in S London one day, with dire warnings of what would happen if there was one scratch. Smoked the tyres all the way, fishtailed the bugger across town and used a whole tank of fuel plus. Great fun, and nobody mentioned the bald tyres.... luckily my superb driving ability kept it on the road, one of the worst handling cars ever. Evil rating 7/10.

4) Renault 4 - two examples, one registered in Monaco, LHD, and one three speed and ancient. Very willing little cars, but frightening 'lean' when cornering, despite good roadholding on skinny bald tyres. Tiny engine, the blower assy was bigger than the lump! Fond memories, not all that evil... just French!

5) Cadillac 'Goodfella'. Late model 'squareback'. Ugly, heavy and lacking all the good things Cadillac are associated with. Hideously complicated, thirsty and with the laziest 4.5 L V8 ever - less power than a Triumph 2500 PI. It was given to me as payment for a two hour electrical job... the ultimate 'White Elephant' ! Ghastly associations, a deeply disturbing 'bonging' noise which reminded me always of Mr and Mrs Morry the Wig, covered in blood and very dead, in the film 'Goodfellas'.... most disturbing! Aircon U/S, drivers electric window OOO.... though I got the bootlid (sorry, 'trunk') lock to work - how laxy can you get, no wonder Americans are so fat, if unable to slam the boot of a car! About a dozen motors under the seat to adjust it, quite the most ungainly, overly complicate pile of pig iron I've ever seen - and FWD too, ugh! And back to 'associations', 100 yards up the road and ten police cars and  helicopter appeared as if by magic, and insisted on examining the ash trays.... as if 'Drug Dealer' was writ large on the roof! As if any self respecting dealer would choose such a thing - suspension like a medieval cart or boat, as sporty as an Ancient Egyptian chariot with two asthmatic three legged horses. Evil for uselessness, expense and inconvenience alone, rated 10/10....

6) Triumph Vitesse Mk2, 1968. My first Vitesse, and a magnificent beast, evil in the very most exciting way. Nice,ly 'run in' at 200000 miles (probably clocked several times), she was on her 2nd engine, which I still have in my current Vitesse ( now crank reground to 40 thou, and bored to +20). Went like a thirsty bomb ( Stromberg rubbers split) and nearly killed me on her 1st outing - throttle cable jammed wide open on busy 30 mph road, shudder! Exhaust rotted away in Brighton, replaced with straight thru Cherry Bomb - truly devastating when opened up under a railway bridge in Streatham! Somewhat heavy brakes improved  with a 15" servo from a scrapped SE5.... stood on her nose with a mighty screech! Died horribly when some rep. in a Cortina pulled out on me in Sussex Gardens.... cracked his engine block, broadside. Good strong little car... but not the bonnet alas... dismantled and stored.  Just as well - never quite the same since I spun off a roundabout in Newcastle Under Lyme, and smashed the rear suspension after 5pts at lunchtime... ah, the memories!

7) Triumph 2.5 PI. Bought for injection system and cylinder head alone, for 2L turbocharged Mk2 GT6 project 9never completed) , I took pity when I unseized the shattered engine, and she willing ran with a clattering broken con rod, and a couple of 20mm cannon shell holes through the block. 2nd hand engine (rebuilt at no expense spared) and equipped with Vitesse Mk2 cam (port  matched, polished, ported and the trusy old Cherry Bomb inplace of the 3rd, baffled box, she chucked out more than a TR6 - almost 130mph on the A303, no kidding! NB, not advisable without a spoiler, steering vanishes at 120 as the nose lifts!!  I loved this beast, with her original gearing she thrashed VW GTI's off the lights, up to 50.... great fun. Fitted gas shocks at the back, lowered the front - a lovely wolf in sheeps clothing (my fav sort of car). Comfy too, with Sprint gear ratios and a new A type O/D, Only fault, shockingly rusty (like most Triumphs). I must have welded hundreds of yards with my MIG, but she was worth it - all done on the cheap, i.e, repro 1/2 wing 160 quid, Escort van rear wheelarch repair section only a fiver. A complex beast structurally, all double skinned monocoque - but quietly luxurious when the gaps are filled with builders foam ( banger racers use concrete apparently - tut tut!) Broke my heart when she had to go, she was the ME110 Zerstorer of the car world, sadly missed.... sniffle! Evil beauty rating 5/10+

8) THE ultimate Evil Beauty! 10/10 for looks, fun, impractical, intimidating presence and sheer bulk - my 1948 Daimler DE27 Hooper bodied Hearse. Noble, elegant and ultimately 'heavy duty', this was truly a 'man's car'- Conan th Barbarian could hardly have turned the 24" steering wheel when I got her... un, I feel exhausted just remembering her, so I'll finish this in 'part two ' perhaps? As if anyone will read it.... what's happened to this group?,