Time Management: a Christian view

Rowland Croucher

Nov 11, 2002, 5:20:13 PM11/11/02
Here's a sample of our free mailings to clergy/leaders:

Clergy/Leaders' Mail-list No. 2-221

IN-BASKET TIME MANAGEMENT

From 'Sunrise Sunset' (HarperCollins/Harper San Francisco),
Rowland Croucher's book of daily meditations. Feel free to
use or adapt it.

Remember how short my time is! Psalm 89:47.

A man on a horse was galloping along the road. An old farmer
standing in his field called out, 'Hey, William, where are you
going?' The rider shouted back, 'Don't ask me, ask my horse!'

Reactive people are passively carried along by events; proactive
people engineer the events.

The management experts call it 'in-basket time management' -
attending to what comes onto one's desk rather than working towards
clear goals.

And yet, life can be too specific and planned, rather than
serendipitous. A busy man chided a flower: 'What for God's sake
are you doing here? Can't you get busy someway?' The flower's
response: 'I am sorry sir, I am here just to be beautiful.'

Every day we ought to do something unplanned, spontaneous. But if
you fill your days with serendipity you are likely to aim nowhere
in the long run (and hit the mark).

May I be both purposeful and poetic; goal-oriented and playful;
useful and decorative; specific in the use of my time and also
serendipitous. Amen.

Shalom! Rowland Croucher
http://www.pastornet.net.au/jmm

Submissions welcome: <cle...@pastornet.net.au>
(in DOS ASCII Text format please if 'attached' or 'imported')

with SUBJECT reading SUBSCRIBE

with SUBJECT reading UNSUBSCRIBE

Copyright: Postings may be re-sent ONLY with all copyright
notifications intact.

--

Shalom!

Rowland Croucher