Anahid Khanum

NUR

Jan 14, 2010, 12:05:00 AM1/14/10
"why are you here if this site is not to your liking?"

Simple. First, because it is free to be here (i.e. we don't have to
pay to be here, although JJ feel free at any time to change this
specific rule as you seem to be telegraphically intimating) and,
second, to make sure that this website and its various uncritical
voices don't get to think that the world revolves only around them and
their take on the issues; and, more importantly, to ensure that there
is not one single chorus of voices or one kind of spin on the greater
issues and perspectives involved.

You are, after all, claiming to be wanting to bring democracy to Iran,
are you not? Here is your chance to put your monies where your mouths
are on that score and practice these things on us, the critics, rather
than for you to take the easy way out and just censor us or seek to
cut our heads off and silence us in other ways. Perhaps by us being
the critics here we are actually helping you in the long-run to become
better democrats that you say you all want to be. Think of it that
way. So feel free to practice what you preach and thereby make your
proverbial muscles stronger with each criticism made by us in the
spirit of the freedom of conscience that a real democratic system is
built upon.

Correct me if I am wrong, but clashes of differing opinions and even
opposition is what genuine democracies are supposedly made of, right?
I understand that living in North America, esp. the USA, for too long
somewhat dilutes and breaks down such perspectives, since America is
one of the most molly-cuddled pseudo-democratic nations on the face of
the earth where the manufactured consent of the elite few manifests in
the form of the tyranny of the majority, and reins supreme, whatever
they claim about themselves otherwise.

So with that said, we're here, we're queer, so get used to us! ;-)