Dolphins falling apart as players 'do not trust' Brian Flores

Oct 24, 2021, 9:20:02 PM10/24/21
Things are getting tense for the Dolphins and head coach Brian
Flores, according to a report from CBS Sports.

The team is on the heels of a five-game losing streak, with a
loss in London to the Jaguars accelerating the issue, per CBS.
Owner Stephen Ross is reportedly becoming concerned about the
direction of the team.

“There is still too much of that New England (stuff) going on,”
a source told CBS. “It just doesn’t work. There is a psychology
to handling players and building a team, and you have to be able
to connect and motivate. That’s not the vibe there. It’s pretty
bad.”

Some of the frustration revolves around the treatment of Tua
Tagovailoa, who has been in and out of the starting job. The
Dolphins have been linked to Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson
in trade talks — if that happens, they would presumably try to
turn around and trade Tagovailoa. According to CBS, people close
to Tagovailoa believe he’s not been embraced fully by the staff,
and personnel issues with the offense have resulted in him being
put in a tough position to succeed.

“There is a really negative vibe down there right now,” a source
told CBS. “A lot of players do not trust (Flores). Flo thinks
he’s a player’s coach, with an open-door policy, but I know a
number of players who would tell you they don’t really think he
is approachable or flexible.”

Things have gotten progressively downhill for Miami since a Week
1 win at New England. Handing the Jaguars their first win of the
season last week was the nadir for a team that won 10 games last
season.

Tagovailoa did play in that one, going 33-for-47 for 329 yards
and two touchdowns, after missing three games with fractured
ribs.

“I don’t really get into rumors — Tua is our quarterback,”
Flores said when asked about the Watson rumors, per ESPN. “We’re
happy with our quarterback, our quarterback situation. I’ll
leave it at that, which I’ve said multiple times.”

https://nypost.com/2021/10/24/dolphins-falling-apart-as-players-
do-not-trust-brian-flores/