Land of Cuomo...New York (D) Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced his resignation. But more heads need to roll.

Leroy N. Soetoro

Aug 11, 2021, 10:19:20 AM8/11/21
https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/new-york-gov-andrew-cuomo-announced-
his-resignation-more-heads-ncna1276494

After an independent investigation by New York Attorney General Letitia
James concluded that Gov. Andrew Cuomo had sexually harassed at least 11
women, Cuomo announced Tuesday that he was resigning. “The best way I can
help now is if I step aside and let government get back to governing, and
therefore, that’s what I’ll do,” Cuomo said during a news conference. “I
work for you, and doing the right thing is doing the right thing for you.”

While Cuomo resigning is the right thing to do, it is far from enough.
Continued focus and pressure on those who enabled Cuomo is just as vital
if we are to truly hold abusers, those who validate them and the
institutions built specifically to protect them accountable.

Which is why the resignation that preceded Cuomo’s by one day carried its
own special significance: that of Roberta Kaplan, who had legal ties to
Cuomo and, according to James’ report, assisted in trying to discredit at
least one of his accusers. Kaplan stepped down as chairwoman of Time’s Up
amid public criticism, including an open letter signed by myself and 29
others affiliated with the organization, which was founded in response to
the #MeToo movement. Time’s Up raises money to support victims of sexual
assault and, per its website, “fights for a future where no one is
harassed, assaulted, or discriminated against at work,” making her
involvement in Cuomo’s legal troubles a clear violation of all the
organization claims to care about.

The revelations about her behavior underscore how enablers work to prop up
those at the top, how widespread they are among the circles of those in
power — and how they are just as likely to come dressed in sheep’s
clothing as in a wolf’s. (Cuomo has denied that he sexually harassed
anyone, and Kaplan has cited her work as a practicing lawyer in staying
mum.)

Kaplan’s resignation, like Cuomo’s, was a right and necessary step, but
it’s merely a balm on the open wound of pervasive gender-based violence
and harassment that has long penetrated progressive institutions and
organizations. Yes, those who actively caused harm must resign or be
removed from office — but that is the bare minimum. Until we remove those
who value adjacent power over people, the status quo over systemic change
and their own voices over the voices of those they claim to support,
cycles of abuse will continue.

I joined with other sexual assault victims and survivors, current and
former Time’s Up Legal Defense Fund clients and former Time’s Up staffers
in signing the open letter accusing the organization of being “complicit
in enabling abuse” by prioritizing a “proximity to power” over victims,
for many reasons. I am a victim of sexual assault and will always stand
behind and beside victims and survivors as we all work together to create
a safer, more equitable society free from gender-based violence. And I
believe in accountability, not just when it’s easy to wield but especially
when it’s painful to execute.

But the main reason I signed the letter is because a singular focus on
powerful, predatory men is, simply put, not enough. I watched people try
to deflect attention from Cuomo by comparing him to GOP transgressors who
haven't been held accountable, the “What about the Republicans?” tweets
that turn acts of harm into partisan talking points. I listened to people
lament the fact that Melissa DeRosa, a top aide to Cuomo, resigned before
her boss — as if women cannot perpetuate wrongdoing by cozying up to
influential predatory men so they can wield some modicum of influence,
too. I could see the mental math done by some who truly believe keeping
harmful people in positions of power is worth it as long as it’s their
people.

This has happened before — a hesitancy to hold supposed allies accountable
for fear the optics are less than ideal and a belief that a person’s
professed ideology is more important than their actual behavior. New York
Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand was chastised for calling on then-Minnesota Sen.
Al Franken to resign after photos surfaced of him apparently groping a
sleeping woman. Abortion rights and other reproductive justice
organizations were fractured by infighting over how to react to sexual
assault allegations against prominent abortion provider Dr. Willie Parker.
In so many instances, big and small, progressive organizations,
institutions and people want to avoid the messiness of holding their own
accountable in the name of the “greater good.”

Which is why it’s hardly a coincidence that in the Time's Up response to
the open letter, the organization urged its “sisters and allies” not to
“lose sight of the broader work or let a man’s treachery overshadow it in
any way.” It went on to say that while it does not “ask for a pass,” it
does “ask for perspective.” The message was clear: We know what’s best,
and we need you to prioritize our so-called mission over the harm we have
caused.

It’s an ask we survivors have heard time and time again. Be patient. Think
of the bigger picture. There is honor in martyrdom, after all.

But as sexual assault victims and survivors, we are the authority, which
is why these messages discrediting both survivors’ stories and our
abilities are perhaps the most detrimental: They uphold the notion that
survivors and victims are powerless. We’re told we cannot advocate for
ourselves but must instead trust someone else to be the expert in our own
lived experiences; that we are not powerful enough, connected enough,
credible enough — or, simply, enough.

“I sometimes see advocates say, ‘We’re a voice for the voiceless,’ and it
enrages me,” Alison Turkos, a multiple-assault survivor who organized the
open letter, said about those who shroud themselves in allyship as they
pursue their own self-interests.

“Survivors have a voice, and when you operate from the belief that
survivors are voiceless, then you participate in actively silencing us,”
she told me. “Survivors can speak for ourselves. That was proven yesterday
with this letter and is proven time and time again when survivors share
their stories and break the world open.”

The bar for holding powerful men accountable is low — that Cuomo managed
to lift his pinky toe in order to clear it is worth acknowledging. But it
is just one of the many steps we as a society must take to truly hold
everyone accountable.

--
"LOCKDOWN", left-wing COVID fearmongering. 95% of COVID infections
recover with no after effects.

ballots. Report voter fraud: sf.n...@mail.house.gov

fiasco, President Trump.

queer liberal democrat donors.

BeamMeUpScotty

Aug 11, 2021, 11:51:10 AM8/11/21
NY is a toilet and who made it that way.... *DEMOCRATS*

--
That's Karma

*The first rule of SURVIVAL CLUB is*
Never trust what Democrats or Marxists tell you. Make them prove it with
actual verifiable facts and science. And if you didn't find the
duplicitous lies in what the Marxist-Democrats told you then you didn't
dig deep enough. The *Gruber Doctrine* is the Marxist-Democrat plan that
says it's "to the Democrats advantage to have a lack of transparency and
then lie about everything".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G790p0LcgbI

*The next rule of SURVIVAL CLUB is*
158 - The way to let the private sector grow is to slow the growth of
the Government. ALL government growth comes at the expense of the
private sector GDP growth and JOBS.