Land of Cuomo...New York (D) Gov. Andrew Cuomo resigns over sexual harassment

Leroy N. Soetoro

Aug 10, 2021, 1:06:21 PM8/10/21
https://chicago.suntimes.com/2021/8/10/22618511/cuomo-resigns-over-sexual-
harassment

NEW YORK — Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced his resignation Tuesday over a
barrage of sexual harassment allegations in a fall from grace a year after
he was widely hailed nationally for his detailed daily briefings and
leadership during some of the darkest days of the COVID-19 pandemic.

In a televised address, the 63-year-old Democrat emphatically denied
intentionally showing any disrespect toward women but said that fighting
back against what he called the “politically motivated” attack on him
would subject the state to months of turmoil, and “I cannot be the cause
of that.”

“The best way I can help now is if I step aside and let government get
back to government,” Cuomo said.

The three-term Democratic governor’s decision, which will take effect in
two weeks, was announced as momentum built in the Legislature to remove
him by impeachment. It came after New York’s attorney general released the
results of an investigation that found Cuomo sexually harassed at least 11
women.

Investigators said he subjected women to unwanted kisses; groped their
breasts or buttocks or otherwise touched them inappropriately; made
insinuating remarks about their looks and their sex lives; and created a
work environment “rife with fear and intimidation.”

Lt. Gov. Kathy Hochul, a 62-year-old Democrat and former member of
Congress from the Buffalo area, will become the state’s 57th governor and
the first woman to hold the post.

“I agree with Governor Cuomo’s decision to step down. It is the right
thing to do and in the best interest of New Yorkers,” Hochul tweeted.

The #MeToo-era scandal cut short not just a career but a dynasty: Cuomo’s
father, Mario Cuomo, was governor in the 1980s and ’90s, and the younger
Cuomo was often mentioned as a potential candidate for president, an
office his father famously contemplated seeking. Even as the scandal
mushroomed, Cuomo was planning to run for reelection in 2022.

Cuomo still faces the possibility of criminal charges, with a number of
prosecutors around the state moving to investigate him.

The string of accusations that spelled the governor’s downfall began to
unfold in news reports last December and went on for months.

Cuomo called some of the allegations fabricated, forcefully denying he
touched anyone inappropriately. But he acknowledged making some aides
uncomfortable with comments he said he intended as playful, and he
apologized for some of his behavior.

He portrayed some of the encounters as misunderstandings attributable to
“generational or cultural” differences, a reference in part to his
upbringing in an affectionate Italian American family.

As a defiant Cuomo clung to office, state lawmakers launched an
impeachment investigation, and nearly the entire Democratic establishment
in New York deserted him — not only over the accusations, but also because
of the discovery that his administration had concealed thousands of COVID-
19 deaths among nursing home patients.

The harassment investigation ordered up by the attorney general and
conducted by two outside lawyers corroborated the women’s accounts and
added lurid new ones. The release of the report left the governor more
isolated than ever, with some of his most loyal supporters abandoning him
and President Joe Biden joining those calling on him to resign.

His accusers included an aide who said Cuomo groped her breast at the
governor’s mansion. Investigators also the governor’s staff retaliated
against one of his accusers by leaking confidential personnel files about
her.

As governor, Cuomo touted himself as an example of a “progressive
Democrat” who gets things done: Since taking office in 2011, he helped
push through legislation that legalized gay marriage, began lifting the
minimum wage to $15 and expanded paid family leave benefits. He also
backed big infrastructure projects, including airport overhauls and
construction of a new bridge over the Hudson River that he named after his
father.

At the same time the behavior that got him into trouble was going on, he
was publicly championing the #MeToo movement and surrounding himself with
women’s rights activists, signing into law sweeping new protections
against sexual harassment and lengthening the statute of limitations in
rape cases.

His national popularity soared during the harrowing spring of 2020, when
New York became the epicenter of the nation’s coronavirus outbreak.

His tough-minded but empathetic response made for riveting television well
beyond New York, and his stern warnings to people to stay home and wear
masks stood in sharp contrast to President Donald Trump’s brush-off of the
virus. His briefings won an international Emmy Award, and he went on to
write a book on leadership in a crisis.

But even those accomplishments were soon tainted when it was learned that
the state’s official count of nursing home deaths had excluded many
patients who had been transferred to hospitals before they succumbed. A
Cuomo aide acknowledged the administration feared the true numbers would
be “used against us” by the Trump White House.

Also, Cuomo’s administration was fiercely criticized for forcing nursing
homes to accept patients recovering from the virus.

The U.S. Justice Department is investigating the state’s handling of data
on nursing home deaths. In addition, the state attorney general is looking
into whether Cuomo broke the law in using members of his staff to help
write and promote his book, from which he stood to make more than $5
million.

The governor had also increasingly come under fire over his rough and
sometimes vindictive treatment of fellow politicians and his own staff,
with former aides telling stories of a brutal work environment.

Cuomo has been divorced since 2005 from the author and activist Kerry
Kennedy, a member of the Kennedy family, and was romantically involved up
until 2019 with TV lifestyle personality Sandra Lee. He has three adult
daughters.

During his resignation speech, he directly addressed his daughters,
saying: “I want them to know, from the bottom of my heart: I never did,
and I never would, intentionally disrespect a woman or treat a woman
differently than I would want them treated. Your dad made mistakes. And he
apologized. And he learned from it. And that’s what life is all about.”

He gained political experience early on as his father’s hard-nosed and
often ruthless campaign manager, and went on to become New York attorney
general and U.S. housing secretary under President Bill Clinton before
getting elected governor in 2010.

New York has seen a string of high-level political figures brought down in
disgrace in recent years.

Gov. Eliot Spitzer resigned in 2008 in a call-girl scandal. Rep. Anthony
Weiner went to prison for sexting with a 15-year-old girl. Attorney
General Eric Schneiderman stepped down in 2018 after four women accused
him of abuse. And the top two leaders in the Legislature were convicted of
corruption.

--
"LOCKDOWN", left-wing COVID fearmongering. 95% of COVID infections
recover with no after effects.

ballots. Report voter fraud: sf.n...@mail.house.gov

fiasco, President Trump.

queer liberal democrat donors.

BeamMeUpScotty

Aug 10, 2021, 2:13:18 PM8/10/21
On 8/10/21 1:06 PM, Leroy N. Soetoro wrote:
> https://chicago.suntimes.com/2021/8/10/22618511/cuomo-resigns-over-sexual-
> harassment
>
> NEW YORK — Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced his resignation Tuesday over a
> barrage of sexual harassment allegations in a fall from grace a year after
> he was widely hailed nationally for his detailed daily briefings and
> leadership during some of the darkest days of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Cuomo was never hailed as anything but a screw up... he caused the
Mortgage collapse and killed old people in nursing homes by his
incompetence, unless of course you're a Democrat and believe that
killing the elderly is a service to the planet?

> In a televised address, the 63-year-old Democrat emphatically denied
> intentionally showing any disrespect toward women but said that fighting
> back against what he called the “politically motivated” attack on him
> would subject the state to months of turmoil, and “I cannot be the cause
> of that.”
>
> “The best way I can help now is if I step aside and let government get
> back to government,” Cuomo said.

That was the best thing he could have done beginning on the day he was
elected Governor, doing it today is long past when that would have been
the solution. Since he chose to inflict this pain on America he should
be prosecuted for all of his incompetence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr1M1T2Y314

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebWJ892h5dA

Democrats told us there was NO mortgage crisis.

> The three-term Democratic governor’s decision, which will take effect in
> two weeks, was announced as momentum built in the Legislature to remove
> him by impeachment. It came after New York’s attorney general released the
> results of an investigation that found Cuomo sexually harassed at least 11
> women.

He's only resigning because any type of public trial or impeachment will
bring out even more corruption and incompetence.

> Investigators said he subjected women to unwanted kisses; groped their
> breasts or buttocks or otherwise touched them inappropriately; made
> insinuating remarks about their looks and their sex lives; and created a
> work environment “rife with fear and intimidation.”

Notice that Democrats who told us that you can't treat women like that
are the very people treating women like that?

> Lt. Gov. Kathy Hochul, a 62-year-old Democrat and former member of
> Congress from the Buffalo area, will become the state’s 57th governor and
> the first woman to hold the post.
>
> “I agree with Governor Cuomo’s decision to step down. It is the right
> thing to do and in the best interest of New Yorkers,” Hochul tweeted.

Why wasn't it in NEW YORKER'S best interest to elect someone with
CHARACTER 3 terms ago, rather than electing another LYING and HATE
FILLED DEMOCRAT .

> The #MeToo-era scandal cut short not just a career but a dynasty: Cuomo’s
> father, Mario Cuomo, was governor in the 1980s and ’90s, and the younger
> Cuomo was often mentioned as a potential candidate for president, an
> office his father famously contemplated seeking. Even as the scandal
> mushroomed, Cuomo was planning to run for reelection in 2022.

And democrats want to run the NATION with their values and CHARACTER...
when they can't even elect someone who can run the Democrat shithole of
NY without tainting the office of Governor and being so corrupt that he
can't see his own corruption while he throws accusations at others.

> Cuomo still faces the possibility of criminal charges, with a number of
> prosecutors around the state moving to investigate him.
>
> The string of accusations that spelled the governor’s downfall began to
> unfold in news reports last December and went on for months.
>
> Cuomo called some of the allegations fabricated, forcefully denying he
> touched anyone inappropriately. But he acknowledged making some aides
> uncomfortable with comments he said he intended as playful, and he
> apologized for some of his behavior.
>
> He portrayed some of the encounters as misunderstandings attributable to
> “generational or cultural” differences,

We have Democrats changing our CULTURE who can't seem to adapt to the
new culture they portend to be a part of, and want to mandate Americans
to become.

> a reference in part to his
> upbringing in an affectionate Italian American family.
>
> As a defiant Cuomo clung to office, state lawmakers launched an
> impeachment investigation, and nearly the entire Democratic establishment
> in New York deserted him — not only over the accusations, but also because
> of the discovery that his administration had concealed thousands of COVID-
> 19 deaths among nursing home patients.

And Cuomo like the other Democrats was/is CORRUPT, and they knew that if
they supported Cuomo then the investigation would expose all their
corruption so the best plan for Democrats is to just cut the sinking
ship loose and let it sink rather than risking that ship dragging all
the life boats tied to it down as well.

> The harassment investigation ordered up by the attorney general and
> conducted by two outside lawyers corroborated the women’s accounts and
> added lurid new ones. The release of the report left the governor more
> isolated than ever, with some of his most loyal supporters abandoning him
> and President Joe Biden joining those calling on him to resign.

Biden who GROPES LITTLE GIRLS and called RACIST Senator Robert Byrd his
friend and mentor?

> His accusers included an aide who said Cuomo groped her breast at the
> governor’s mansion. Investigators also the governor’s staff retaliated
> against one of his accusers by leaking confidential personnel files about
> her.

OOOOps corruption.... abuse of power. Violation of civil RIGHTS...

> As governor, Cuomo touted himself as an example of a “progressive
> Democrat” who gets things done: Since taking office in 2011, he helped
> push through legislation that legalized gay marriage, began lifting the
> minimum wage to $15 and expanded paid family leave benefits. He also
> backed big infrastructure projects, including airport overhauls and
> construction of a new bridge over the Hudson River that he named after his
> father.

In other words, Cuomo was just another corrupt Democrat.

> At the same time the behavior that got him into trouble was going on, he
> was publicly championing the #MeToo movement and surrounding himself with
> women’s rights activists, signing into law sweeping new protections
> against sexual harassment and lengthening the statute of limitations in
> rape cases.

NOTICE the pattern, that's what Joe Biden has done also.

> His national popularity soared during the harrowing spring of 2020, when
> New York became the epicenter of the nation’s coronavirus outbreak.

He was incompetent and whining for TRUMP to fix his/NY lack of Hospitals
and infectious wards for Chinese Communist Party Virus victims/.

> His tough-minded but empathetic response made for riveting television well
> beyond New York,

Stupidity on display....

> and his stern warnings to people to stay home and wear
> masks stood in sharp contrast to President Donald Trump’s brush-off of the
> virus. His briefings won an international Emmy Award, and he went on to
> write a book on leadership in a crisis.

But Cuomo was wrong about it all... masks don't protect you the "vaxx"
didn't suppress the virus because they were too busy trying to blame
TRUMP for doing something while they talked about FAKE NEWS on TV.

> But even those accomplishments were soon tainted when it was learned that
> the state’s official count of nursing home deaths had excluded many
> patients who had been transferred to hospitals before they succumbed. A
> Cuomo aide acknowledged the administration feared the true numbers would
> be “used against us” by the Trump White House.

Oh yep there was the incompetence when CUOMO did actually do something
he did the wrong thing.

> Also, Cuomo’s administration was fiercely criticized for forcing nursing
> homes to accept patients recovering from the virus.
>
> The U.S. Justice Department is investigating the state’s handling of data
> on nursing home deaths. In addition, the state attorney general is looking
> into whether Cuomo broke the law in using members of his staff to help
> write and promote his book, from which he stood to make more than $5
> million.
>
> The governor had also increasingly come under fire over his rough and
> sometimes vindictive treatment of fellow politicians and his own staff,
> with former aides telling stories of a brutal work environment.
>
> Cuomo has been divorced since 2005 from the author and activist Kerry
> Kennedy, a member of the Kennedy family, and was romantically involved up
> until 2019 with TV lifestyle personality Sandra Lee. He has three adult
> daughters.
>
> During his resignation speech, he directly addressed his daughters,
> saying: “I want them to know, from the bottom of my heart: I never did,
> and I never would, intentionally disrespect a woman or treat a woman
> differently than I would want them treated. Your dad made mistakes. And he
> apologized. And he learned from it. And that’s what life is all about.”

Andrew Cuomo couldn't live by the rules he was trying to make everyone
else live by.... he was either incompetent or he was duplicitous and
wanted to use those rules to undermine his POLITICAL opponents by using
those laws on everyone else but himself and his Democrats pals.

There's no justification for Cuomo being the one "singing" the praise
for Democrats policies and supporting them when used against others and
then ignoring those laws when it himself or his pals violating them.

--
That's Karma

*The first rule of SURVIVAL CLUB is*
Never trust what Democrats or Marxists tell you. Make them prove it with
actual verifiable facts and science. And if you didn't find the
duplicitous lies in what the Marxist-Democrats told you then you didn't
dig deep enough. The *Gruber Doctrine* is the Marxist-Democrat plan that
says it's "to the Democrats advantage to have a lack of transparency and
then lie about everything".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G790p0LcgbI

*The next rule of SURVIVAL CLUB is*
55 - No Hope just the epitaph to be written.