Surfside rape survivor on mission to keep her attacker in prison after 30 years since attack

Leroy N. Soetoro

Feb 20, 2024, 8:00:37 PMFeb 20
https://news.yahoo.com/surfside-rape-survivor-mission-keep-032906807.html

HOUSTON - A jury sentenced Scott Travis Baughman to 99 years in prison.
After you hear what he did to Vicki Osgood you'll understand why.

"It was a bright sunny day on the beach," Vicki said. "My husband had left
for work in Houston."

On July 29, 1994, Vicki was inside her Surfside home with her son and
daughter. "Cody was 5 and Kelsey was 13 months at the time," she said.

A 20-year-old stranger walks in with a knife and stabs Vicki in the face.
"He was there to kill me that day," she said.

Vicki credits her will to keep her 2 small children save for keeping her
alive that day. "30 years later I wouldn't imagine my mom saying anything
else," said Kelsey Hull.

Here's Kelsey and Cody today.

https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/UlOHCLIH1vIbKYH8mB2ByQ--
/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjt3PTI0MDA7aD0xMzUwO2NmPXdlYnA-
/https://media.zenfs.com/en/kriv_fox_local_articles_563/406ff2b24655661a44
62b510eb4409c3

"As a 5-year-old I'm like why does mom have fake blood in her hair, she
looks silly, and I remember her yelling at me to call 911,"Cody said.

"He slit my throat, and then he tried to break my neck, and we struggled
to the floor," said Vicki.

Scott Baughman's knife broke. That's the only reason Vicki says he stopped
stabbing her.

"He strangled me until he thought I was dead and that's when he sexually
assaulted me," she said. "And when he was done, he got up and left and
went and washed all my blood off in the ocean.

"I can't believe that happened, and I'm so thankful my mom is here," said
Cody. 3 days after the attack, Scott Baughman was arrested on his 21st
birthday.

He's currently serving 99 years. Vicki recently got that dreaded letter
from the Texas Department of Criminal Justice.

For the first time, Baughman is under consideration for parole. "The
thought of him being out in the same world as me is actually very
frightening," Vicki said.

She and her family are hoping to get help protesting Baughman's possible
parole. "It's something that does terrify me," Kelsey said. "It's
something I do think about on a regular basis."

--
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so that
stupid people won't be offended.

Durham Report: The FBI has an integrity problem. It has none.

fiasco, President Trump.

queer liberal democrat donors.