Re: You Should Really Read Ugly Lying Activist Whore E. Jean Carroll's Memoir

Misandrists

Jan 27, 2024, 4:59:36 PMJan 27
On 28 Feb 2022, Wi1liam T <weaka...@gmail.com> posted some
news:svj5mh$1ue4e$4...@news.freedyn.de:

> Would you fuck this ugly whore?
> https://cdn.theatlantic.com/thumbor/6nYcDzaoglpuxo76vwYC0ZsWYlw=/249x13
> 8:2193x1232/750x422/media/img/mt/2019/07/RTS2JMHK/original.jpg
> Reuters / Courtesy E. Jean Carroll
>
> Trump wouldn't either.

In the southeastern corner of Missouri is a tiny town that was named by
a man, local lore has it, in honor of his girlfriend. She was Shawnee;
when it was time to make his tribute to her official, the man, Samuel
Green, came to the realization that he was unable to fully pronounce—or
accurately spell—his beloved’s name. So he paid her what he determined
to be the next-best form of appreciation: He named the town after the
only Native American woman whose name he was able to spell. Pocahontas,
Missouri, was born.

The writer E. Jean Carroll hears this bit of myth while visiting
Pocahontas over the course of the extended road trip she takes for her
new book, What Do We Need Men For? A Modest Proposal. At a local pie
shop, she asks the owners about the provenance of their town’s name.
Getting her answer, Carroll finds herself considering the fate of the
woman: “I like to imagine the Shawnee girlfriend,” she writes, “mounting
her stallion, galloping out of Missouri, riding across America, founding
her own town, and, because she can’t keep white guys straight, calling
it DermotMulroneyDylanMcDermottDeanMcDermott.”

What Do We Need Men For?, which publishes this week, began as a conceit
in search of an insight. Carroll, the initial plan went, would travel to
American towns named after women—places such as Charlotte, Vermont;
Tallulah, Louisiana; Marianna, Arkansas; Angelica, New York; and
Pocahontas, Missouri. She would visit more than two dozen locations that
celebrate, at least as far as the map goes, the lives of women—and then
ask those towns’ residents a central, Jonathan Swift–ian,
satirical-serious question: What do we need men for? It was a
hero’s-journey setup, promising the kind of extended jape Carroll has
specialized in, as a journalist and as a gimlet-eyed advice columnist
for Elle magazine: roving, curious, compassionate, whimsical. Its
emphasis on geography would add a cheeky new dimension to that
foundationally feminist argument: that women navigate a world designed
by, and for, men. “The whole female sex,” Carroll writes at the
beginning of the book that resulted, “seems to agree that men are
becoming a nuisance with their lying, cheating, robbing, perjuring,
assaulting, murdering, voting debauchers onto the Supreme Court,
threatening one another with intercontinental ballistic nuclear
warheads, and so on.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2019/07/e-jean-carroll-
what-do-we-need-men-for-memoir-review/593245/