The Nation's Fiscal Health

Ubiquitous

Oct 6, 2023, 1:40:24 PM10/6/23
June 6, 2023
Chairman Barr, Ranking Member Foster, and Members of the Committee:

Thank you for the opportunity to join you today to discuss the nation’s
unsustainable fiscal path, the risks posed by debt limit impasses, and
actions Congress can take to address these challenges.

Last month we issued our seventh annual fiscal health report to examine
the current fiscal condition of the federal government and its future fiscal
path, absent policy changes in revenue and program spending.1 The
report highlights long-term projections from GAO and others showing that
the balance of current revenue and program spending policies result in
debt growing faster than the economy. This is unsustainable over the long
term. Rising debt, relative to economic growth, could increase borrowing
costs for both the federal government and private borrowers and could
slow economic growth. In addition, delays in raising or suspending the
debt limit—the legal limit on the total amount of money that the federal
government is authorized to borrow to meet its existing legal obligations—
pose additional risks to the long-term fiscal outlook.2

My testimony is based on our prior reports on the nation’s fiscal health
and federal debt management. A detailed discussion of the prior reports’
objectives, scope, and methodologies, including our assessment of data
reliability, is available in each of the reports cited throughout this
statement. The work upon which this testimony is based was conducted
in accordance with all sections of GAO’s Quality Assurance Framework
that are relevant to our objectives. The framework requires that we plan
and perform the engagement to obtain sufficient and appropriate
evidence to meet our stated objectives and to discuss any limitations in
our work. We believe that the information and data obtained, and the
analysis conducted, provide a reasonable basis for any findings and
conclusions in this product.

https://www.gao.gov/assets/830/826302.pdf

--
Let's go Brandon!

Mitchell Holman

Oct 6, 2023, 2:19:45 PM10/6/23
Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote in

> June 6, 2023
> Chairman Barr, Ranking Member Foster, and Members of the Committee:
>
> Thank you for the opportunity to join you today to discuss the
> nation’s unsustainable fiscal path, the risks posed by debt limit
> impasses, and actions Congress can take to address these challenges.
>
> Last month we issued our seventh annual fiscal health report to
> examine the current fiscal condition of the federal government and its
> future fiscal path, absent policy changes in revenue and program
> spending.1 The report highlights long-term projections from GAO and
> others showing that the balance of current revenue and program
> spending policies result in debt growing faster than the economy. This
> is unsustainable over the long term. Rising debt,

Rising debt, indeed.

President Trump has Signed $4.7 Trillion
of Debt into Law

JAN 8, 2020

Our US Budget Watch 2020 project analyzes,
estimates, and explains the fiscal
implications of proposals introduced
during the presidential campaigns. These
proposals offer important insights on each
candidate’s fiscal priorities. So too do
their past records, especially the record
of the candidate who has already served
as President for three years – President
Donald Trump.

During the 2016 campaign, we estimated
then-candidate Trump’s campaign plans
would add $5.3 trillion to the debt from
2017 to 2026 (assuming policies were
enacted immediately). In this analysis,
we show that President Trump has already
signed into law $4.2 trillion of debt
over a comparable budget window and $4.7
trillion from 2017 through 2029.
https://tinyurl.com/3faxd428

David Hartung

Oct 6, 2023, 2:43:12 PM10/6/23
The fact that Trump did something makes it acceptable for Democrats to
do it?

Mitchell Holman

Oct 6, 2023, 2:47:17 PM10/6/23
David Hartung <ju...@nogood.com> wrote in
Trump does something stupid,
his followers rally to blame the
democrats, film @ 11:00

David Hartung

Oct 6, 2023, 2:51:16 PM10/6/23
You didn't answer the question.

Max Boot

Oct 6, 2023, 2:55:31 PM10/6/23
Your question was a bad-faith straw man, as always. You're imputing a position
to your opponents — your betters — that they do not hold.

I've instructed you on that fallacy many times already.

David Hartung

Oct 6, 2023, 3:11:37 PM10/6/23
My question is valid, get over it.

Max Boot

Oct 6, 2023, 3:37:22 PM10/6/23
The comma is *wrong*, "get over it" is just another stupid stale lame trope, and
your question is invalid. You are imputing a position to your opponents — your
betters — that they do not hold. No "leftist" [guffaw] said that fiscal
profligacy is acceptable when Democrats do it. What they're doing is pointing
out *your* hypocrisy: fiscal profligacy is acceptable to you and your fellow
knuckle-dragging racist Republiscums/QAnon when your side does it, but not when
the other side does it.

Keep your fucking mouth shut about deficits from now on. You have no standing
to complain about them.

Governor Swill

Oct 6, 2023, 8:54:27 PM10/6/23
On Fri, 6 Oct 2023 14:11:25 -0500, David Hartung <ju...@nogood.com> wrote:

>> Your question was a bad-faith straw man, as always.  You're imputing a
>> position to your opponents — your betters — that they do not hold.
>
>My question is valid, get over it.

Your question was bullshit, get over it.

Swill
--
"There are over 500,000 elected positions in the United States.

70% of them are uncontested."

Not left, not right. https://www.forwardparty.com/

NoBody

Oct 7, 2023, 9:45:37 AM10/7/23
On Fri, 06 Oct 2023 18:19:33 +0000, Mitchell Holman
<noe...@verizon.net> wrote:

>Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote in
>
>> June 6, 2023
>> Chairman Barr, Ranking Member Foster, and Members of the Committee:
>>
>> Thank you for the opportunity to join you today to discuss the
>> nation’s unsustainable fiscal path, the risks posed by debt limit
>> impasses, and actions Congress can take to address these challenges.
>>
>> Last month we issued our seventh annual fiscal health report to
>> examine the current fiscal condition of the federal government and its
>> future fiscal path, absent policy changes in revenue and program
>> spending.1 The report highlights long-term projections from GAO and
>> others showing that the balance of current revenue and program
>> spending policies result in debt growing faster than the economy. This
>> is unsustainable over the long term. Rising debt,
>

> Rising debt, indeed.
>

>President Trump has Signed $4.7 Trillion
>of Debt into Law
>
>JAN 8, 2020

That is from nearly 4 years ago. Why is Mitchie so concerned about
what happened that long ago when it's happening TODAY?

NoBody

Oct 7, 2023, 9:46:28 AM10/7/23
On Fri, 6 Oct 2023 13:51:04 -0500, David Hartung <ju...@nogood.com>
wrote:
Does he ever?

David Hartung

Oct 7, 2023, 11:51:34 AM10/7/23
Rarely.

Lou Bricano

Oct 7, 2023, 11:57:37 AM10/7/23
Why did you post that? You said nothing. You're just sucking off your fellow
right-wingnut. It's an indication of your worthlessness.

Governor Swill

Oct 7, 2023, 3:15:36 PM10/7/23
Yet the question did get answered.

NoBody

Oct 8, 2023, 10:06:47 AM10/8/23
On Sat, 07 Oct 2023 15:15:33 -0400, Governor Swill
<governo...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 7 Oct 2023 10:51:22 -0500, David Hartung <ju...@nogood.com> wrote:
>
>>On 10/7/23 08:46, NoBody wrote:

>>> Does he ever?
>>
>>Rarely.
>
>Yet the question did get answered.
>
>Swill

Actually he didn't but then again you're never actually paying
attention.

Governor Swill

Oct 8, 2023, 11:00:34 AM10/8/23
On Sun, 08 Oct 2023 10:06:43 -0400, NoBody <NoB...@nowhere.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 07 Oct 2023 15:15:33 -0400, Governor Swill
><governo...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>>Rarely.
>>
>>Yet the question did get answered.

>Actually he didn't but then again you're never actually paying
>attention.

I never said he did, stupid. *I* answered it, therefore "the question did get answered."

Learn to read.

Gronk

Oct 11, 2023, 12:45:35 AM10/11/23
David Hartung wrote:
> On 10/6/23 13:19, Mitchell Holman wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote in
Where was the republican outrage over that debt???