Police arrest climate activists blocking M25 for third time in five days

Submarine Joe

Sep 18, 2021, 4:27:22 AM9/18/21
Transport Secretary Grant Shapps has criticised a group of climate
protesters called Insulate Britain as “dangerous and counterproductive”
after they blocked the M25 for the third time in a week on Friday (17
September).

Forty-eight people were arrested on Friday after the group of climate
protesters brought the M25 to a halt, with other motorways in the UK also
targeted.

The transport secretary wrote on Twitter: “We all agree that climate
change must be tackled, but this sort of behaviour achieves nothing, puts
drivers at risk and increases pollution.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/tv/climate/m25-arrests-climate-change-
protesters-v5f012378

--
Screw them. Pass a law that it is okay to run over the assholes.

R Kym Horsell

Sep 18, 2021, 4:53:15 AM9/18/21
In alt.global-warming Submarine Joe <bri...@facebook.com> wrote:
> Transport Secretary Grant Shapps has criticised a group of climate
> protesters called Insulate Britain as ?dangerous and counterproductive?
> The transport secretary wrote on Twitter: ?We all agree that climate
> change must be tackled, but this sort of behaviour achieves nothing, puts
> drivers at risk and increases pollution.?

More than half of Department for Transport cars still diesel
BBC, 18 Sep 2021 0:49Z

SevenOverSix

Sep 21, 2021, 10:13:32 PM9/21/21
They'd better arrest them - I think the drivers are
about to just put it in low gear and hit the gas
until they're through.

JNugent

Sep 22, 2021, 8:03:27 AM9/22/21
Just legalise that and the problem would be solved.

JNugent

Sep 22, 2021, 10:20:16 AM9/22/21
Apparently, there's now an injunction.

Basil Jet

Sep 22, 2021, 11:34:09 AM9/22/21
On 22/09/2021 03:13, SevenOverSix wrote:
> They'd better arrest them

The police are the ones who actually stopped the traffic to allow the
slacktivists to occupy the road without getting run over.

--
Basil Jet recently enjoyed listening to
2006 - Gala Mill - The Drones