Google Группы больше не поддерживают новые публикации и подписки в сети Usenet. Опубликованный ранее контент останется доступен.

Washington vs. Idaho.

0 просмотров

a322x1n

не прочитано,
22 сент. 2021 г., 14:57:4222.09.2021
<https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/washington-governor-to-idaho-off
icials-stop-clogging-up-my-hospitals/ar-AAOHVZB?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531>

<https://tinyurl.com/ushmezds>

Washington governor to Idaho officials: Stop 'clogging up my hospitals'!
Adam Barnes, 3 hrs ago.

Washington Gov. Jay Inslee (D) criticized neighboring Idaho's leadership
late last week, saying that Idaho Gov. Brad Little's (R) policies were
"clogging up" Washington's hospitals.

"Today in my state, Washington citizens in many cases cannot get heart
surgery, cannot get cancer surgery that they need, because we are having
to take too many people of unvaccinated nature and unmasked, many of
whom come from Idaho, and that's just maddening frankly," Inslee said.

"So we are calling for Idaho and the leaders there to lead and take some
commonsense measures," Inslee continued. "I'm disappointed the governor
of Idaho has spent more time trying to reduce protection by reducing
vaccine usage instead of concentrating on this, and then clogging up my
hospitals."

Data shows hospital beds were at 77 percent capacity in Washington last
week.

Although Inslee has issued mask mandates in particular situations,
Little has yet to unveil such requirements. But Inslee pointed to a
broader political issue, noting in his interview that "it's not just
Idaho." Instead, Inslee criticized the whole of the GOP.

"Unfortunately, that entire party, the other party, is not helping out,
pulling on the rope here. Many states are in the same position and many
governors will experience the same frustration I have. So it's time for
people to start pulling on the rope and do an American duty. Get
vaccinated, have useful use of masks where appropriate. If we do these
things, we know we can best this pandemic."

Little hit back at Inslee's comments in a Twitter post on Tuesday,
saying, "Spokane County and the surrounding area on his side of the
border continue to be hot spots for virus activity with the lowest
vaccination rates in Washington," despite mask mandates.

Idaho has reported more than 1,800 new COVID-19 cases and 13 deaths in
the past day, Johns Hopkins coronavirus data shows. Likewise, data shows
that approximately 95 percent of intensive care unit beds across the
state are filled. Meanwhile, slightly less than 45 percent of the
state's population is fully vaccinated.

"The numbers continue to increase, and we expect them to continue to
increase," Idaho Department of Health and Welfare Director Dave Jeppesen
said Tuesday, according to The Associated Press.

Idaho implemented its Crisis Standards of Care late last week, which
permits hospitals to prioritize care for patients with higher chances of
recovery, although the state said not every hospital would need to
ration care.

"Someone who is otherwise healthy and would recover more rapidly may get
treated or have access to a ventilator before someone who is not likely
to recover," the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare said in a
statement.

The Idaho governor added on Tuesday that an additional $10 million in
relief funds will go toward Idaho hospitals, primary care providers,
urgent care clinics and skilled nursing facilities amid the latest
coronavirus surge.

"This latest round of support will help ease the burden on our hospitals
and health care heroes right now," Little said in a statement.

Nearly all recent COVID-19 hospitalizations and deaths have occurred
among the unvaccinated, the governor's statement added.
0 новых сообщений