Generous Russian Donations Fuel Republican Sedition

All Trumpers Are Traitors

Jan 22, 2022, 11:11:34 AM1/22/22
GOP operatives charged with funneling $25,000 from Russian citizen to
Trump campaign.

The Justice Department on Monday charged two prominent Republican
operatives who allegedly helped a Russian citizen illegally donate $25,000
to the Trump campaign in 2016. Jesse Benton, 43, and Doug Wead, 75, were
charged in a six-count indictment and made their first appearance in DC
District Court. They're accused of conspiring to violate campaign finance
laws, making an illegal foreign contribution and helping submit false
records to the Federal Election Commission. Information about their
defense attorneys wasn't immediately available. Prosecutors said Benton
and Wead funneled $25,000 from the unnamed Russian donor to the Trump
Victory Committee, a joint fundraising venture between then-candidate
Donald Trump's campaign and the Republican National Committee. The Russian
then attended a September 2016 fundraiser in Philadelphia, where he met
Trump and took photos with the future President.

There is no indication in the court filings that the case is connected to
the special counsel investigation, which examined the many ties between
Trump's 2016 campaign and Russia. The indictment says Trump's campaign
wasn't aware that the money came from a foreign national.

According to the indictment, the Russian wired $100,000 to a company that
Benton owned. Benton kept $75,000 and donated the remaining $25,000 to the
Trump Victory Committee. The indictment doesn't name Trump or the
committee. However, the details in the court filings match Trump's travel
schedule, and Federal Election Commission records confirm Benton's
donation.

The two defendants have worked in politics for decades and are well-known
in GOP circles. Benton worked for Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell's
2014 reelection campaign, Sen. Rand Paul's first campaign in 2010 and
former Rep. Ron Paul's presidential campaign in 2012. He was acquitted in
2015 of lying to the FBI about a donation-for-endorsement scheme, but was
convicted in 2016 in a related case. He got probation, and Trump pardoned
him last December.

Wead was an aide to former President George H.W. Bush, served with Benton
on Ron Paul's 2012 presidential campaign and worked on Rand Paul's Senate
reelection campaign in 2016. The Justice Department has cracked down in
recent years on foreign influence in American politics by bringing cases
about straw donations, undisclosed lobbying and election meddling.

All Trumpers Are Traitors

Jan 22, 2022, 11:36:28 AM1/22/22

All Trumpers Are Traitors

Jan 22, 2022, 10:34:27 PM1/22/22

1.AAC0832

Jan 23, 2022, 11:16:55 AM1/23/22
They spent so much on Hillary and Hunter that I doubt
they could afford any for Republicans :-)

Mitchell Holman

Jan 23, 2022, 11:30:46 AM1/23/22
"1.AAC0832" <z24ba7.net> wrote in news:laOdnVnY7_Dy4nD8nZ2dnUU7-
Wed...@earthlink.com:

> They spent so much on Hillary and Hunter that I doubt
> they could afford any for Republicans :-)

Remember Trump's promise to "Lock her up"?

Whatever happened to that?

John Dough

Jan 23, 2022, 12:37:09 PM1/23/22
Good question.
She belongs in jail and so does Hunter Biden and the entire Biden clan.

--
John

Mitchell Holman

Jan 23, 2022, 2:05:05 PM1/23/22
John Dough <jo...@dough.fake> wrote in news:6ngHJ.8057$7U....@fx42.iad:

> On 2022-01-23, Mitchell Holman <noe...@verizon.net> wrote:
>> "1.AAC0832" <z24ba7.net> wrote in news:laOdnVnY7_Dy4nD8nZ2dnUU7-
>> Wed...@earthlink.com:
>>
>>> They spent so much on Hillary and Hunter that I doubt
>>> they could afford any for Republicans :-)
>>>

>> Remember Trump's promise to "Lock her up"?
>>
>> Whatever happened to that?
> Good question.

And easily answered.

Investigation into Hillary Clinton pushed
by Trump comes up empty after two years
JANUARY 10, 2020

ADepartment of Justice investigation into
former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton
pushed by President Donald Trump is winding
down, finding nothing of consequence after
two years, The Washington Post reports.
https://tinyurl.com/r9szewe

> She belongs in jail and so does Hunter Biden and the entire Biden clan.

Opps.

Republican Inquiry Finds No Evidence of Wrongdoing by Biden
Nov 7 2020

WASHINGTON — An election-year investigation by
Senate Republicans into corruption allegations
against Joseph R. Biden Jr. and his son, Hunter,
involving Ukraine found no evidence of improper
influence or wrongdoing by the former vice
president, closing out an inquiry its leaders
had hoped would tarnish the Democratic presidential
nominee.
https://tinyurl.com/y3sl7ufx

Rudy Canoza

Jan 23, 2022, 2:12:07 PM1/23/22
On 1/23/2022 8:16 AM, 1.AAC0832 wrote:
> They spent so much on Hillary and Hunter that I doubt
> they could afford any for Republicans

You're a fucking moron. The Russians *clearly* favored Trump. Trump is Putin's
lapdog.

All Trumpers Are Traitors

Jan 27, 2022, 9:08:25 PM1/27/22

All Trumpers Are Traitors