French take pirate mother ship; 11 pirates going to jail

RichTravsky

Apr 15, 2009, 3:43:40 PM4/15/09
Ref at

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/16/world/africa/16somalia.html?hp

French forces detained 11 suspected pirates during an assault on what they
described as a pirate "mother ship" in the Indian Ocean off Somalia on
Wednesday.
The French forces then mounted their assault on the boat on Wednesday, and
found a range of firearms and equipment on board along with 17 barrels of fuel.
The Nivôse took the boat and the skiffs in tow and made for the port of Mombasa,
Kenya, the Maritime Security Center said. Once it arrives, the detainees are
expected to be sent on to France to be prosecuted.

RT

RichTravsky

Apr 15, 2009, 6:43:26 PM4/15/09
Ref at

GINGRICH: I would use whatever methods were necessary for the missile never to
be launched. And I think you could do it probably with unconventional methods.

VAN SUSTEREN: So that's military. Are you saying military?

GINGRICH: If necessary. If I can't find a way to bribe somebody to blow it up,
I'd find a way to have either a small team go in, or a way to deliver either a
laser or another kind of device.

This is a missile that is sitting there on that launch pad, and I think you could
take it out with very, very minimal risk to anybody.

But I think the idea of allowing the North Koreans to launch missiles is an
enormously dangerous threat in the long run. And it will never be true, until the
morning it is, and then it will be just like 9/11, and people will say "Gosh, why
didn't we think of this?"

HAHAHHAHA!

http://scienceblogs.com/bushwells/upload/2007/04/dr.evil.laser.jpg

Of course, one can only wonder where his call to action was during the previous
EIGHT years the North Koreans shot off missiles and tested a nuke...

RT

RichTravsky

Apr 15, 2009, 9:27:21 PM4/15/09
Ref at

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2009/4/15/720463/-Live-mic-catches-Fox-host-inflating-crowd-estimate-by-300

Wed Apr 15, 2009 at 01:29:19 PM PDT

Here's Fox News host Neil Cavuto talking with a producer at 12:10PM, recorded
on a live mic (update: Cavuto was in Sacramento):

CAVUTO: Any estimates on how many people are here?

PRODUCER: No, we're trying to get...

CAVUTO: There's gotta' be 5,000.

PRODUCER: Oh, at least. You know, I mean the cops aren't going to tell us,
and we've been trying to get ahold of the PR person to give us their number, but
I think 5,000. You can say it's starting at 5,000 [unintelligble, but sounds like
"and maybe it's more."].

And here's Cavuto less than ten minutes later, tripling his crowd estimate during
his on-air broadcast:

CAVUTO: I know you cover a lot of these things Shep, so you're probably better
at estimating crowd sizes than I am. They were expecting 5,000 here, it's got to
be easily double, if not triple that.

HAHAHHAHHA

Watch the video - priceless!

RT

Bill Bonde { No matter what happens, it's caused by global warming )

Apr 16, 2009, 5:57:24 PM4/16/09

Trotsky's heros are taken down by the French? What has the world
come to?

--
"Question, two men starving to death decide to eat their hair like

spaghetti. Is that funny?"

"Hmmm, well, it depends on if by funny you want to make people

laugh."

-+Eddie Izzard and Joanna Lumley, "The Cat's Meow"

Bill Bonde { No matter what happens, it's caused by global warming )

Apr 16, 2009, 5:59:29 PM4/16/09

RichTravsky wrote:

> Of course, one can only wonder where his call to action was during the previous
> EIGHT years the North Koreans shot off missiles and tested a nuke...

I doubt you could attack the nuke since it was done underground. We
are only now seeing missile defence come online, so to claim that
Newt should've ranted about using it before it existed is silly.

RichTravsky

Apr 17, 2009, 3:55:22 PM4/17/09

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/magazinemonitor/index.html#a075252

Winning entries in the caption competition.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/magazinemonitor/teapartytaxprotest424ap.jpg

6. archyogi
"No!" said the Englishman. "The teabag goes in first, then the water!"

5. Woundedpride
"Y'know, I've been comin' to these US coffee sales conventions every year, and every
year the end of week party just gets better and better."

4. captioncorelli
Jaws was ready for the taste test.

3. AmusedofSwindon
Gulliver's morning cuppa is an ordeal for the catering staff.

2. jtotheglo
Willy never really properly adjusted back into the wild.

1. sarahtrieste
Global warming eventually reaches boiling point.

RichTravsky

Apr 18, 2009, 10:03:43 PM4/18/09
"Bill Bonde { No matter what happens, it's caused by global warming )" wrote:

> RichTravsky wrote:
> >
> > Ref at
> >
> > http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/16/world/africa/16somalia.html?hp
> >
> > French forces detained 11 suspected pirates during an assault on what they
> > described as a pirate "mother ship" in the Indian Ocean off Somalia on
> > Wednesday.
> > The French forces then mounted their assault on the boat on Wednesday, and
> > found a range of firearms and equipment on board along with 17 barrels of fuel.
> > The Nivôse took the boat and the skiffs in tow and made for the port of Mombasa,
> > Kenya, the Maritime Security Center said. Once it arrives, the detainees are
> > expected to be sent on to France to be prosecuted.
> >
> Trotsky's heros are taken down by the French? What has the world
> come to?

We all know who makes friends with that type:

http://stommel.tamu.edu/~baum/ethel/rumsfeld-saddam.jpg

RichTravsky

Apr 18, 2009, 11:35:55 PM4/18/09
"Bill Bonde { No matter what happens, it's caused by global warming )" wrote:

> RichTravsky wrote:
> >

> > Of course, one can only wonder where his call to action was during the previous
> > EIGHT years the North Koreans shot off missiles and tested a nuke...
> >
> I doubt you could attack the nuke since it was done underground. We
> are only now seeing missile defence come online, so to claim that
> Newt should've ranted about using it before it existed is silly.

Do you bother to fully read what you respond to?

No one said anything about him wanting to use a laser

http://scienceblogs.com/bushwells/upload/2007/04/dr.evil.laser.jpg

on the previous NK nuke blast.

What WAS said was

RichTravsky

Apr 20, 2009, 1:32:35 AM4/20/09
Ref at

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8006827.stm

An attempted attack by Somali pirates on a Norwegian tanker was foiled by
Nato warships and helicopters after an overnight pursuit in the Gulf of Aden.

Nato said a Canadian warship caught the pirates before releasing them after
the gang attacked the MV Front Ardenne.

The alliance said the pirates had been released because they could not be
prosecuted under Canadian law.

On Saturday, Dutch commandos serving with the Nato anti-piracy operation freed
20 pirate captives from Yemen.

In that incident, too, the raiders were released.

RT

Bill Bonde { No matter what happens, it's caused by global warming )

Apr 21, 2009, 4:21:20 PM4/21/09

Should we now post links to pictures of Obama getting jiggy with
the anti-American yahoo who runs Venezuela? Rumsfeld can at least
say he was on a diplomatic mission that he was sent on by someone
else. He was doing his duty and he was following proper form.
Obama, I'm not so sure about. It looks to me like the dictators
that tried literally for years to force their way into a photo op
with Bush and always failed got to Obama just out of the gate.

Bill Bonde { No matter what happens, it's caused by global warming )

Apr 21, 2009, 4:22:40 PM4/21/09

RichTravsky wrote:

> "Bill Bonde { No matter what happens, it's caused by global warming )" wrote:
> >
> > RichTravsky wrote:
> > >

> > > Of course, one can only wonder where his call to action was during the previous
> > > EIGHT years the North Koreans shot off missiles and tested a nuke...
> > >
> > I doubt you could attack the nuke since it was done underground. We
> > are only now seeing missile defence come online, so to claim that
> > Newt should've ranted about using it before it existed is silly.
>
> Do you bother to fully read what you respond to?

No.

> No one said anything about him wanting to use a laser

I didn't even say anything about him wanting to use a laser. You
have finally gone completely insane, Trotsky.

Bill Bonde { No matter what happens, it's caused by global warming )

Apr 21, 2009, 4:26:40 PM4/21/09

RichTravsky wrote:

> Re: Canadians, Dutch, catch, release pirates

It makes good sound environmental sense to release pirates you
don't plan to eat since there will be more to get next time. We've
seen declines in tuna stocks in the EU waters and limits have been
set raising concerns among French fisherman who want to just catch
as many as possible. We wouldn't want to see a repeat of that with
pirate stocks. Most of them come out of Somalia which is in a very
precarious state. Any further problems and all the pirates could
all die out, like passenger pigeons. Of course they went extinct
because they never learned how to fly the airplane. But that's
another story.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

RichTravsky

Apr 21, 2009, 10:49:31 PM4/21/09
"Bill Bonde { No matter what happens, it's caused by global warming )" wrote:

> RichTravsky wrote:

> > > I doubt you could attack the nuke since it was done underground. We
> > > are only now seeing missile defence come online, so to claim that
> > > Newt should've ranted about using it before it existed is silly.
> >
> > Do you bother to fully read what you respond to?
> >
> No.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA wow, that explains a LOT. HAHAHHAHAHA

Laff of the day! AHAHHAHAHAHAH

> > No one said anything about him wanting to use a laser
> >
> I didn't even say anything about him wanting to use a laser. You

Idiot. That's what I said.

> have finally gone completely insane, Trotsky.

Idiot. This went completely over your head. Noot was ranting about the NKs
launching missiles and yet he was completely silent over the eight years
this went on under Duhbya.

RT

RichTravsky

Apr 21, 2009, 10:53:26 PM4/21/09
B1ackwater wrote:
> "Bill Bonde { No matter what happens, it's caused by global warming )"
> <tributy...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> >RichTravsky wrote:

> >> Do you bother to fully read what you respond to?
> >>
> >No.
> >
> >> No one said anything about him wanting to use a laser
> >>
> >I didn't even say anything about him wanting to use a laser. You
> >have finally gone completely insane, Trotsky.
>
> Ya know though ... it DID "malfunction" pretty damned close
> to Hawaii .......

No, it didn't. No where near.

http://www.examiner.com/x-6448-Norfolk-Military-Affairs-Examiner~y2009m4d4-North-Korean-Missile-Launched-Early-Reports-Suggest-Satellite-Deployed
The first stage of the three-stage missile fell into the Sea of Japan, west of
the North Korean test site at Musudan-ri, on the country's northeast coast.
The two remaining stages and the missile payload crashed into the Pacific Ocean,
east of Japan.

> A laser or other beam weapon ? Could be .....

Rightard stupidity.

RT

RichTravsky

Apr 21, 2009, 11:47:43 PM4/21/09
B1ackwater wrote:
> "Bill Bonde { No matter what happens, it's caused by global warming )"
> Hmmmm ... interesting that the Venezuelan polo teams horses
> all dropped dead down in Palm Beach just a day after Castros
> Mini-Me gave OB the bums rush ..........

What bums rush?

RT

RichTravsky

Apr 21, 2009, 11:48:49 PM4/21/09

http://media.eyeblast.org/newsbusters/static/2009/04/2009-04-20-ABC-WNCG-stern.jpg

> the anti-American yahoo who runs Venezuela? Rumsfeld can at least
> say he was on a diplomatic mission that he was sent on by someone

Dumsfeld was there to tell Saddam not to worry about gassing people.

> else. He was doing his duty and he was following proper form.

He was a frickin' hypocrite.

RichTravsky

Apr 22, 2009, 12:51:28 AM4/22/09
RichTravsky wrote:

> "Bill Bonde { No matter what happens, it's caused by global warming )" wrote:
> >
> > RichTravsky wrote:

> > > We all know who makes friends with that type:
> > >
> > > http://stommel.tamu.edu/~baum/ethel/rumsfeld-saddam.jpg
> > >
> > Should we now post links to pictures of Obama getting jiggy with
>
> http://media.eyeblast.org/newsbusters/static/2009/04/2009-04-20-ABC-WNCG-stern.jpg

Ah, here's the full video - knew I had that link somewhere

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=502_1240317989

Bill Bonde { No matter what happens, it's caused by global warming )

Apr 22, 2009, 2:04:01 AM4/22/09

Obama was meeting with the dictator of Venezuela in order to hand
him the keys to the US.

> > else. He was doing his duty and he was following proper form.
>
> He was a frickin' hypocrite.

How?

> > Obama, I'm not so sure about. It looks to me like the dictators
> > that tried literally for years to force their way into a photo op
> > with Bush and always failed got to Obama just out of the gate.

--

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Bill Bonde { No matter what happens, it's caused by global warming )

Apr 22, 2009, 3:18:44 PM4/22/09

B1ackwater wrote:

> RichTravsky <traR...@hotmMOVEail.com> wrote:
>
> >B1ackwater wrote:

> >> Ya know though ... it DID "malfunction" pretty damned close
> >> to Hawaii .......
> >
> >No, it didn't. No where near.
> >
> >http://www.examiner.com/x-6448-Norfolk-Military-Affairs-Examiner~y2009m4d4-North-Korean-Missile-Launched-Early-Reports-Suggest-Satellite-Deployed
>

> I'd call that track "near" ... not hard for a carrier to
> sail out of Pearl with a laser or whatever on short notice
> and get to that spot. Hell, given the altitude, it was
> probably line-of-sight from some of Hawaiis mountain peaks ...

I heard that Obama was going to shoot it down with a laser pointer
from the top of Diamond Head, his birth place.

Message has been deleted

RichTravsky

Apr 23, 2009, 1:24:16 PM4/23/09

I heard Bondeloon is an idiot.

RichTravsky

Apr 23, 2009, 1:26:48 PM4/23/09
> While singing the Kenyan national anthem ? :-)
>
> Seriously though, we COULD have shot down that missile,
> or caused it to malfunction, in a number of plausible,
> demonstrated, ways. We also had the MOTIVE to do so,
> eager to deny NK the data (and glory) to be gained
> from a full flight.
>
> Motive + opportunity + means = ?

Nope. If we had motivation wouldn't something have been done something over their
earlier missile shoots?

http://www.globalsecuritynewswire.org/gsn/nw_20090406_1690.php
The second stage of the rocket, though, flew 1,900 miles, a significant greater
distance than seen in the 2006 test of the long-range Taepodong 2, the Associated
Press reported.

1900 miles - do yourself a favor and look at a globe? Line of site from Hawaii -
what's more pathetic, Noot babbling about lasers or you making excuses for him?

RT

RichTravsky

Apr 26, 2009, 12:48:38 AM4/26/09

Proof? Other than the voices in your head? And what would a limey like you care?

> > > else. He was doing his duty and he was following proper form.
> >
> > He was a frickin' hypocrite.
> >
> How?

DUH - telling a dictator not to worry about gassing people? DUH

RichTravsky

Apr 26, 2009, 12:49:55 AM4/26/09
B1ackwater wrote:

> RichTravsky <traR...@hotmMOVEail.com> wrote:
>
> Swooping in uninvited for the big handshake
> photo-op ... leaving OB looking like his
> proctologist had just shoved something large
> and cold up his ass. Gee, it was on CNN and
> everything ..... don't 'liberals' watch the
> 'liberal' news media ?

I see you don't know what a "bum's rush" is...

RichTravsky

Apr 26, 2009, 1:25:10 AM4/26/09
B1ackwater wrote:

> RichTravsky <traR...@hotmMOVEail.com> wrote:
>
> >B1ackwater wrote:

> >> Ya know though ... it DID "malfunction" pretty damned close
> >> to Hawaii .......
> >
> >No, it didn't. No where near.
> >
> >http://www.examiner.com/x-6448-Norfolk-Military-Affairs-Examiner~y2009m4d4-North-Korean-Missile-Launched-Early-Reports-Suggest-Satellite-Deployed
>
> I'd call that track "near" ... not hard for a carrier to
> sail out of Pearl with a laser or whatever on short notice

Short notice???? Why? The launch was announced some time ago. DUH

> and get to that spot. Hell, given the altitude, it was
> probably line-of-sight from some of Hawaiis mountain peaks ...

Ahem.

http://www.globalsecuritynewswire.org/gsn/nw_20090406_1690.php
The second stage of the rocket, though, flew 1,900 miles, a significant greater
distance than seen in the 2006 test of the long-range Taepodong 2, the Associated
Press reported.

The missile went less than 2000 miles. Line of sight from Hawaii? HAHHAHAHAAH

Please look at a globe before further embarassing yourself.

> > The first stage of the three-stage missile fell into the Sea of Japan, west of
> > the North Korean test site at Musudan-ri, on the country's northeast coast.
> > The two remaining stages and the missile payload crashed into the Pacific Ocean,
> > east of Japan.
>

> "East of Japan" ? I suppose Hawaii is WEST of Japan eh ?

So is Michigan.

> Damned public-school geography classes ...

Damn home schooled moron rightards.

Plug in "North Korea" and "United States - Hawaii"
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/distanceresult.html?p1=205&p2=103

Distance is 7403 kilometers or 4600 miles or 3997 nautical miles
The distance is the theoretical air distance (great circle distance). Flying
between the two locations' airports can be longer or shorter, depending on
airport location and actual route chosen.

> >> A laser or other beam weapon ? Could be .....
> >
> >Rightard stupidity.
>

> If McCain were prez you'd say otherwise ...

Do you think he'd be stupid to babble about "delivering" a laser to North Korea?

Message has been deleted

David Johnston

Apr 26, 2009, 1:28:07 AM4/26/09
On Sat, 25 Apr 2009 23:47:44 -0400, B1ackwater <b...@barrk.net> wrote:

>I'm amazed the French did ANYTHING. :-)
>
>Alas, they did the WRONG THING. The pirates should not
>be headed towards jail ... but feeding the fishes instead.
>
>Don't arrest - DESTROY.
>
>Only THEN will others be discouraged.

What makes you think that would discourage them?

Bugman

Apr 26, 2009, 7:55:47 AM4/26/09

"B1ackwater" <b...@barrk.net> wrote in message

> I'm amazed the French did ANYTHING. :-)
>
> Alas, they did the WRONG THING. The pirates should not
> be headed towards jail ... but feeding the fishes instead.
>
> Don't arrest - DESTROY.
>
> Only THEN will others be discouraged.

Muslims don't have the same concept of death that we have. They go to a
different plane of life. Remember that 57 virgin nonsense.

RichTravsky

Apr 26, 2009, 6:16:04 PM4/26/09
Ref at

http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2009/04/gop-concedes-ny-house-race-to-democrat.html

Democrat Scott Murphy has won the race for New York's 20th Congressional District
after Republican James Tedisco conceded, a month after the special election that
was too close to call. A recount showed Murphy widening his lead over Tedisco.
Tedisco congratulated Murphy and said he would work with him as a local
assemblyman.
The vast district stretches from the mid-Hudson Valley to the Adirondack Mountains,
and registered Republicans outnumber Democrats 196,000 to 125,000.

Sweet!

RT

RichTravsky

Apr 28, 2009, 9:09:36 PM4/28/09
Ref at

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/polls/postpoll_042609.html
This Washington Post-ABC News poll was conducted by telephone April 21-24, 2009,
among a random national sample of 1,072 adults using both conventional and
cellular phones. The sample included additional interviews with
randomly-selected African Americans, for a total of 163 black respondents; these
interviews (commonly referred to as an �oversample�) were completed to ensure
there were enough respondents for separate analysis, and the group is not
over-represented in the reported results. The results from the full survey have
a margin of sampling error of plus or minus three percentage points. Sampling,
data collection and tabulation by TNS of Horsham, Pa.
901. Generally speaking, do you usually think of yourself as (a Democrat), (a
Republican), an independent or what? IF NOT DEMOCRAT OR REPUBLICAN: Do you lean
more towards the (Democratic Party) or (Republican Party)?

--Non-Partisans-
Lean Lean No
Democrat Republican Independent Other No op. Dem. Rep. Lean
4/24/09 35 21 38 5 * 18 16 10

Ouch.

RT

RichTravsky

Apr 29, 2009, 12:42:24 AM4/29/09
B1ackwater wrote:

> I'm amazed the French did ANYTHING. :-)

But then, you think a north Korean missile can be sen from Hawaii...

RichTravsky

Apr 29, 2009, 12:42:45 AM4/29/09

Hasn't so far.

RT

RichTravsky

Apr 29, 2009, 3:19:24 PM4/29/09
Ref at

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/29/world/asia/29afghan.html?_r=1

American commanders are planning to cut off the Taliban's main source of
money, the country�s multimillion-dollar opium crop, by pouring thousands
of troops into the three provinces that bankroll much of the group's
operations.

The plan to send 20,000 Marines and soldiers into Helmand, Kandahar and Zabul
Provinces this summer promises weeks and perhaps months of heavy fighting,
since American officers expect the Taliban to vigorously defend what makes up
the economic engine for the insurgency. The additional troops, the centerpiece
of President Obama's effort to reverse the course of the seven-year war, will
roughly double the number already in southern Afghanistan.
Through extortion and taxation, the Taliban are believed to reap as much as
$300 million a year from Afghanistan�s opium trade, which now makes up 90 percent
of the world�s total. That is enough, the Americans say, to sustain all of the
Taliban's military operations in southern Afghanistan for an entire year.

"Opium is their financial engine," said Brig. Gen. John Nicholson, the deputy
commander of NATO forces in southern Afghanistan. "That is why we think he will
fight for these areas."
Indeed, Taliban fighters have begun to fight any efforts by the Americans or
the British to move into areas where poppy grows and opium is produced. Last
month, a force of British marines moved into a district called Nad Ali in Helmand
Province, the center of the country�s poppy cultivation. The Taliban were waiting.
In a five-day battle, the British killed 120 Taliban fighters and wounded 150.
Only one British soldier was wounded.

About time.

RT

RichTravsky

Apr 30, 2009, 10:38:29 AM4/30/09
Ref at

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2009/04/30/1915237.aspx

Roll Call on the new GOP group: "In an effort to shed the 'party of no' label,
Congressional Republican leaders will launch a new initiative on Thursday
outlining solutions the GOP hopes will convince Americans that they have
tenable solutions to the issues gripping the country."

More: "The program, dubbed the National Council for a New America, which will
involve town-hall-style meetings, will include not only House and Senate
Republicans but also a panel of former and current state lawmakers whose roster
reads like a who's who of potential 2012 presidential contenders, including former
Govs. Jeb Bush (Fla.) and Mitt Romney (Mass.). A pair of current governors,
Louisiana's Bobby Jindal and Haley Barbour of Mississippi, will also join the
group, according to a letter obtained by Roll Call. Sen. John McCain (Ariz.), the
party's 2008 presidential hopeful, will fill out the panel of 'experts.'"

ooooh! town hall style meetings! they must be serious!

RT

RichTravsky

May 8, 2009, 12:24:02 AM5/8/09
Ref at

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSTRE5463KD20090507

Pirates have fired small arms weapons at a U.S. Navy supply ship off the
coast of Eastern Somalia, the first attack of this kind since last year's
surge in pirate attacks, the U.S. Navy said on Thursday.

The USNS Lewis and Clark was chased for about an hour on Wednesday morning
by two pirates skiffs, but neither came closer than about one nautical mile
to the U.S. vessel, the U.S. Navy's Fifth Fleet said in a statement.

The small arms fire fell well short of the U.S. ship which speeded up to
evade the skiffs.

RT