Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas impeached

D. Ray

Feb 22, 2024, 9:19:10 AMFeb 22

Mayorkas is believed to be no stranger to assisting non-White peoples in
their journey into the United States. Before assuming his position in the
Biden Cabinet, Mayorkas once sat on the board of the infamous Hebrew
Immigrant Aid Society (HIAS), an NGO that regularly assists US-bound
migrant caravans from South and Central America.

“We at HIAS have been so blessed to have Ali Mayorkas on our board of
directors, and are thrilled to have him nominated to be the next Secretary
of Homeland Security…Ali has consistently demonstrated that he is not only
a strong and highly respected leader, but an empathetic one who knows the
heart of the stranger, as the child of a Holocaust survivor, as a Latino,
and as a refugee and immigrant himself. Ali is uniquely suited to rebuild
public trust in the Department of Homeland Security as he knows that
America is at its greatest when we build bridges, not walls,” said HIAS
President and CEO Mark Hetfield in a statement.

<https://nationaltimes.news/homeland-security-secretary-alejandro-mayorkas-impeached/>

<https://archive.ph/N40tn>