On The Matter Of Whether The U.S. Military Could Have Been Called On To Sieze Voting Machines Or Some Therein Were Promoting The Idea Of A Stolen Election That Might Warrant The Siezure Of Voting Machines In 2020...

Walt In Seattle

Jan 23, 2022, 3:52:32 PMJan 23
Even if here in the U.S. there would not be the sort of brutality occurring in Myanmar committed by Myanmar's military, the concept of the U.S. military being ordered to and acting on an order to sieze voting machines, if not to subsequently conduct a revote of the 2020 presidential election on the basis of the BIG LIE, is in itself quite the UNAMERICAN concept to consider. Remember, it was Myanmar's military who performed a coup in response to the results of voting it did not like. If we are to the point where significant elements in the military believed in 2020 or may believe in the near future they must act on their own or on the order of madman or woman in the Oval, we're in or would be in deep trouble.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/23/politics/january-6-committee-william-barr/index.html
[...] (CNN) The House select committee investigating the January 6 insurrection has been having conversations with former Attorney General William Barr, the committee's chairman said Sunday. "To be honest with you, we've had conversations with the former attorney general already," Rep. Bennie Thompson told CBS' Margaret Brennan on "Face the Nation" when asked if the committee would go to Barr. "We've talked to Department of Defense individuals. We are concerned that our military was part of this big lie on promoting that the election was false." The Mississippi Democrat continued, "So, if you are using the military, to potentially seize these voting machines, even though it's a discussion, the public needs to know, we've never had that before." Thompson's remarks came in response to a question regarding text of a draft executive order that had been presented to then-President Donald Trump in December of 2020 to have the secretary of defense seize voting machines in battleground states. Barr, who was a staunch defender of Trump during his tenure at the Department of Justice and pushed the administration's "law and order" message, resigned in December 2020 after rebuking the then-President's false claims about widespread election fraud. [...]

Walt In Seattle

Jan 23, 2022, 4:07:35 PMJan 23
That's "seize" and "seizure", not "sieze" and "siezure". Sorry for the incorrect spelling.