No posts?

chrisv

May 19, 2022, 7:29:41 AM5/19/22

Stock market not doing so well...

Joel

May 19, 2022, 7:36:25 AM5/19/22
chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote:

>Stock market not doing so well...

If only we still had Trump, to blame it on anyone but himself.

--
Joel Crump

25.BX945

May 19, 2022, 10:50:14 AM5/19/22
On 5/19/22 7:29 AM, chrisv wrote:

> Stock market not doing so well...

Well, it goes down, it goes up, the Why is not
often clear. For now it's gonna be down-ish, and
later it'll shoot way high again.

If you have stocks, DON'T PANIC. I saw a number of
people I know who went all stupid during the last
crash and dumped all their stocks - and had to pay
all that TAX too. Then a couple months later ...

Such a pity there's no constitutional way to vote out
a sitting federal rep - 'recall' at the very top. Alas
the pols made sure to cover their asses in that respect.
Yea, yea, it improves "stability" - which has its place -
but now that it's a "stable" course to disaster ... that's
the flip side.

We've basically sailed our ship into a hurricane, and
the officers and crew have responded by getting blind
drunk ....

fuzz

May 19, 2022, 1:42:00 PM5/19/22
On 19 May 2022, "jecorbe...@yahoo.com" <jecorbe...@yahoo.com>
posted some news:bd08e56f-7a3d-491a...@googlegroups.com:

> On Thursday, May 19, 2022 at 7:29:40 AM UTC-4, chrisv wrote:
>> Stock market not doing so well...
>
> A declining stock market is a precursor of bad things to come. The
> stock market moves on anticipation in both directions. A bear market
> is usually followed by a recession. The only good number Biden and the
> Democrats have is low unemployment and if that starts moving upward,
> they've got nothing.

The Democrats have false low unemployment because the voluntarily
unemployed are not counted in the unemployment total.

Siri Cruise

May 19, 2022, 1:57:57 PM5/19/22
In article <XnsAE9C6CD821...@0.0.0.2>,
fuzz <fu...@curtain.us> wrote:

> The Democrats have false low unemployment because the voluntarily
> unemployed are not counted in the unemployment total.

Is that what you learned at BLS? Despite they have answers for
you?

'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
I am an Andrea Chen sockpuppet. insults Islam. Mohammed

BeamMeUpScotty

May 19, 2022, 2:39:36 PM5/19/22
Which is why we need to use the LABOR PARTICIPATION NUMBERS to show the
Democrats lies...

It's been down for a long time with a brief spike during TRUMP, but
under Obama/Biden oppression we see that fewer people were in the *REAL*
work force.

You need the Labor Participation numbers because Democrats like to put
people on welfare or hire them in government "do nothing" positions or
get them hired by subsidizing them at huge corporation that the
Democrats offer subsidies and contracts to, if they hire the chronically
unemployed and the useless college graduates.... to hide them from the
"UNEMPLOYMENT" count by keeping them from filing for unemployment
benefits. Which is where the unemployment number comes from.

It would seem easier to just fix the damn economy but they want power
and to keep people needing the DEMOCRATS so they opt for the LBJ plan to
keep the poor Blacks voting for Democrats for at lest the next 40 years
after he left office.

For some reason LBJ thought it was better to have Democrats running
things even if it destroyed the NATION. This means that Democrats hate
for Ameriva goes back 60 years, and probably all the way back to the
civil war when the DEMOCRATS SLAVE CONFEDERACY COLLAPSED and those
Democrats create the KKK.

--
-That's karma-
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The only way to fight the STAGFLATION would be to shrink the size and
taxing and spending of the Government combined with raising the interest
rates to their NATURAL self determining rates and cease the printing of
worthless money rather than the FAKE INTEREST RATES and worthless
counterfeit dollars created by the DEMOCRATS under Obama/Biden-2008 and
Biden/Obama-2020....

The problem isn't "the economy stupid", the problem is
*the stupid government manipulated economy* .

Circus Party

May 19, 2022, 6:32:52 PM5/19/22
On Thu, 19 May 2022 10:57:54 -0700, Siri Cruise <chine...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>In article <XnsAE9C6CD821...@0.0.0.2>,
> fuzz <fu...@curtain.us> wrote:
>
>> The Democrats have false low unemployment because the voluntarily
>> unemployed are not counted in the unemployment total.
>
>Is that what you learned at BLS? Despite they have answers for
>you?

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf

7.

Does the official unemployment rate exclude people who want a job but
are not currently looking for work?
Yes; however, there are separate estimates of persons outside the
labor force who want a job, including those who are not currently
looking because they believe no jobs are available (discouraged
workers). In addition, alternative measures of labor underutilization
(some of which include discouraged workers and other groups not
officially counted as unemployed) are published each month in table
A-15 of The Employment Situation news release. For more information
about these alternative measures, please visit
www.bls.gov/cps/lfcharacteristics.htm#altmeasures.

Gordon's Oven Repair Enterprises

May 19, 2022, 7:45:04 PM5/19/22
On 19 May 2022, chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid> posted some

> Stock market not doing so well...

I'll catch up later.

It's busy today. Bunch of new orders and we're short on staff.

Need two more gophers to drive pickups and deliver completed orders.
Would you believe nobody wants to do that for $16 an hour? With 1
-2 hours OT every day?

%

May 19, 2022, 9:33:36 PM5/19/22
drivers around here average 35 bucks an hour

Gordon's Oven Repair Enterprises

May 19, 2022, 11:30:03 PM5/19/22
On 19 May 2022, % <purse...@gmail.com> posted some
Not to drive pickups and deliver orders they don't. $35 is a
courier rate.

chrisv

May 20, 2022, 6:48:55 AM5/20/22
Gordon's Oven Repair Enterprises wrote:

> chrisv wrote:
>>
>> Stock market not doing so well...
>
>I'll catch up later.
>
>It's busy today. Bunch of new orders and we're short on staff.
>
>Need two more gophers to drive pickups and deliver completed orders.
> Would you believe nobody wants to do that for $16 an hour? With 1
>-2 hours OT every day?

You supply the truck and the fuel?

chrisv

May 20, 2022, 6:52:34 AM5/20/22
25.BX945 wrote:

> chrisv wrote:
>>
>> Stock market not doing so well...
>
> Well, it goes down, it goes up, the Why is not
> often clear. For now it's gonna be down-ish, and
> later it'll shoot way high again.

It seems to me that it soars when the government is borrowing money
like mad and lending for nothing, then it comes back to reality when
the "stimulus" stops.

> If you have stocks, DON'T PANIC. I saw a number of
> people I know who went all stupid during the last
> crash and dumped all their stocks - and had to pay
> all that TAX too. Then a couple months later ...

Yeah, I'm not a good investor, but I'm not dumb enough to panic and
sell at the bottom.

Scout

May 20, 2022, 7:43:37 AM5/20/22

"Siri Cruise" <chine...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> In article <XnsAE9C6CD821...@0.0.0.2>,
> fuzz <fu...@curtain.us> wrote:
>
>> The Democrats have false low unemployment because the voluntarily
>> unemployed are not counted in the unemployment total.
>
> Is that what you learned at BLS? Despite they have answers for
> you?

No, it can be found under the Bureau of Labor where they describe how they
determine the unemployment rates.

It based on application of, and benefits being paid out.

If you don't apply for unemployment that week or you are getting
unemployment benefits that week then you aren't counted as unemployed.

For most of the voluntarily unemployed no longer meet either condition, so
they aren't accounted among the unemployed.

Meanwhile a local study of the unemployment rate can be figured by the
number of businesses closed, or which are run on reduced staffing.

Seems the people that were working aren't because otherwise those positions
would be filled. QED.

25.BX945

May 20, 2022, 8:57:17 PM5/20/22
On 5/20/22 6:52 AM, chrisv wrote:
> 25.BX945 wrote:
>
>> chrisv wrote:
>>>
>>> Stock market not doing so well...
>>
>> Well, it goes down, it goes up, the Why is not
>> often clear. For now it's gonna be down-ish, and
>> later it'll shoot way high again.
>
> It seems to me that it soars when the government is borrowing money
> like mad and lending for nothing, then it comes back to reality when
> the "stimulus" stops.

There's some truth in that, but it's not the whole picture.
Part of it is the inherent instability of (quasi-) capitalism,
chaotic influences too.

At the moment, we're at the crest of yet another real-estate
speculation/boom cycle. A lot of people have over-paid and
soon their expensive investments are gonna plunge in price.

The only "good" thing is a larger proportion of the money
came from existing wealth instead from bank loans. This
leaves those institutions in better condition and will
speed the recovery. As interest rates rise, banks ability
to make money from lending will finally improve again
and interest-paying stocks will be sweeter.

Their collective IQ will not improve alas ... and in ten
years they'll be vastly overextended and counting on
all those real-estate loans to pay of just to cover it.
Oops.

>> If you have stocks, DON'T PANIC. I saw a number of
>> people I know who went all stupid during the last
>> crash and dumped all their stocks - and had to pay
>> all that TAX too. Then a couple months later ...
>
> Yeah, I'm not a good investor, but I'm not dumb enough to panic and
> sell at the bottom.

You'd be amazed to know how many ARE. Most were looking for
flashy (usually tech) stocks that'd go up real fast and they'd
be rich overnight. Those tend to be the first companies to go
bust the minute there's an economic hiccup.

"Get rich slow" is the correct mindset about stock investments.
Pick stable and stick with them - just a little "fun money" for
those possible skyrockets. Shoulda bought MicroSoft way back,
shoulda bought Google, shoulda bought Red Hat ... but you will
never know how those will turn out. 99.9% of those go broke
within just a few years, sometimes months.

ANYway ... I expect stocks to go down for the next year,
partially recover for maybe another 6-12 months, then boom
again. Cutting loose the DNC lead anchor is the first good
step.

25.BX945

May 21, 2022, 11:50:46 PM5/21/22