Re: NOVEMBER, 2009, IS THE WARMEST ON THE 130-YEAR NASA RECORD- NOT!

Last Post

Dec 19, 2009, 12:20:23 PM12/19/09
On Dec 18, 4:57 pm, Roger Coppock <rcopp...@adnc.com> wrote:
> NOVEMBER, 2009, IS THE WARMEST ON THE 130-YEAR RECORD!
>
> In the real world,
> outside the fossil fuel industry's spin and lies,
> global mean surface temperatures continue to rise.
> Please see:
>
> http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/corporate/pressoffice/2008/pr20080923c.html
>
> These globally averaged temperature data come from NASAhttp://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/tabledata/GLB.Ts+dSST.txt

> There are 1559 months of data on this data set:
>   -- 673 of them are at or above the norm.
>   -- 886 of them are below the norm.

• Roger is straining at gnats and it makes him silly.

Assuming half of the 673 were 'at norm', that leaves
only 337 above norm while 886 were below, which
gives you 21.55% above. Not much of a warming
trend at all.

• Roger, you can fool some of the people sometimes
but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time.

• The Met office is the original home of weather and
this year it forecast picnic weather all summer and
it was cold and rainy all summer. Nevertheless it
and GISS called every month the hottest/warmest.

Your statistical bullshit is too old and your cause is
failing. Give it up. While Jones, Briffa and Mann
coined million$, what are you getting? Headaches!

— —
| In real science the burden of proof is always
| on the proposer, never on the sceptics. So far
| neither IPCC nor anyone else has provided one
| iota of valid data for global warming nor have
| they provided data that climate change is being
| effected by commerce and industry, and not by
| natural phenomena

edi...@netpath.net

Dec 19, 2009, 12:23:09 PM12/19/09
Just shoveled about 2" of "global warming" off the front walk here in
central North Carolina - where it rarely snows.
Record snowstorm, fortunately, forecast for Washington - up to 20".

http://www.Internet-Gun-Show.com - your source for hard-to-find stuff!

Last Post

Dec 19, 2009, 12:33:18 PM12/19/09
On Dec 18, 4:57 pm, Roger Coppock <rcopp...@adnc.com> wrote:
> NOVEMBER, 2009, IS THE WARMEST ON THE 130-YEAR NASA RECORD!

> In the real world,
> outside the fossil fuel industry's spin and lies,
> global mean surface temperatures continue to rise.
> Please see:
>
> http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/corporate/pressoffice/2008/pr20080923c.html
>
> These globally averaged temperature data come from NASAhttp://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/tabledata/GLB.Ts+dSST.txt
> They represent the results of tens of millions of readings
> taken at thousands of land stations and ships around the globe
> over the last 130 years.  Yes, the land data are corrected for
> the urban heat island effect.  The sea data do not need to be.
> There are few urban centers in the sea.

• Roger: Did you get allowance for those hundreds of
Russian stations that do not exist any more??

They will take your mean down several degrees <G>

> The last 129 yearly means of these data are graphed athttp://members.cox.net/rcoppock/Global%20Mean%20Temp.jpg
>
> The Mean November temperature over the last 130 years is 13.983 C.
> The Variance is 0.07078.
> The Standard Deviation, or SIGMA, is 0.2660.
>
> Rxy 0.7867   Rxy^2 0.6189
> TEMP = 13.618007 + (0.005577 * (YEAR-1879))
> Degrees of Freedom = 128         F = 207.847186
> Confidence of nonzero correlation = approximately
> 0.999999999999999999999999999 (27 nines), which is darn close to 100%!

Bullshit!!!!

> The month of November in the year 2009,
> is linearly projected to be 14.343,
>                  yet it was 14.68. <- 1.3 SIGMA above the projection.
> The rate of global warming continues to accelerate.

• Bullshit

> The sum of the absolute errors is 17.455847
>
> Equal weight exponential least squares fit:
> TEMP = 13.621659 * e^(.0003994 * (YEAR-1879))
> The sum of the absolute errors is 17.409998
> (Note that this sum continues to get smaller
> that the sum above it.  This
>  indicates that the
> two degree of freedom exponential is becoming
> a better fit than the linear function.)
>
>  Rank of the months of November
> Year   Temp C   Anomaly   Z score
> 2009   14.68     0.697     2.62 <--
> 2001   14.66     0.677     2.54
> 2004   14.65     0.667     2.51
> 2006   14.64     0.657     2.47
> 2005   14.63     0.647     2.43
> 2008   14.57     0.587     2.21
> 1997   14.55     0.567     2.13
> 2002   14.50     0.517     1.94
> 2003   14.49     0.507     1.90
> 2007   14.46     0.477     1.79
> 1998   14.43     0.447     1.68
> 1990   14.42     0.437     1.64
> 1995   14.37     0.387     1.45
> 1996   14.34     0.357     1.34
> MEAN   13.983    0.000     0.00
> 1881   13.66    -0.323    -1.22
> 1912   13.65    -0.333    -1.25
> 1906   13.64    -0.343    -1.29
> 1898   13.62    -0.363    -1.37
> 1894   13.62    -0.363    -1.37
> 1887   13.62    -0.363    -1.37
> 1916   13.60    -0.383    -1.44
> 1891   13.60    -0.383    -1.44
> 1910   13.59    -0.393    -1.48
> 1892   13.59    -0.393    -1.48
> 1908   13.58    -0.403    -1.52
> 1902   13.58    -0.403    -1.52
> 1907   13.57    -0.413    -1.55
> 1919   13.53    -0.453    -1.70
> 1890   13.49    -0.493    -1.85
>
> The most recent 189 continuous months, or 15 years and 9 months,
> on this GLB.Ts+dSST.txt data set are all above the 1951-1980
> data set norm of 14 C.

> There are 1559 months of data on this data set:
>   -- 673 of them are at or above the norm.
>   -- 886 of them are below the norm.

> This run of 189 months above the norm is the result of a warming
> world.  It is too large to occur by chance at any reasonable level
> of confidence.  A major volcano eruption, thermonuclear war, or
> meteor impact could stop this warming trend for a couple of years,
> otherwise expect it to continue.

Bedwetting Right Wing Scum

Dec 19, 2009, 1:33:12 PM12/19/09

Meanwhile, where I live, we had the warmest November in 120 years, and
we are about to get the latest first snowfall in nearly 80 years.

Anecdotal evidence is irrelevant to this debate.

leona...@gmail.com

Dec 22, 2009, 1:56:39 PM12/22/09
On Dec 18, 4:57 pm, Roger Coppock <rcopp...@adnc.com> wrote:
> NOVEMBER, 2009, IS THE WARMEST ON THE 130-YEAR NASA RECORD!
>
> In the real world,
> outside the fossil fuel industry's spin and lies,
> global mean surface temperatures continue to rise.
> Please see:
>
> http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/corporate/pressoffice/2008/pr20080923c.html

• Coppock— It is time you stopped spamming the net
repeating those fraudulent statistics over and over in
every thread. Anybody that wants them can follow a
link.

There are 3 groups that I would recommend for you
soc.history.what-if
alt.history.what-if
alt.usenet.kooks