Trump Judge Aileen Cannon's Hot Mess

Bradley K. Sherman

Sep 23, 2022, 10:10:07 AM9/23/22
| The decision by U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon was a hot
| mess, as we and others detailed when she handed it down,
| and the grounds for an almost-inevitable appellate court
| intervention were obvious at the time. That said, the
| 29-page opinion is important in a number of respects.
|
| For one thing, its unanimity and speed emphasize the fact
| that Judge Cannon's interference in the Justice
| Department's investigation was a gross impropriety, not a
| plausible legal position. That two of the panel members
| were, like Judge Cannon, appointed by President Trump
| further emphasizes that this is a matter of
| professionalism, not a matter of ideology or the sort of
| judicial philosophy that reasonably separates conservative
| from liberal jurists.
|
| So too does the fact that the court ruled within 24 hours
| of the government's final brief--and wrote in a per curiam
| opinion, that is, in the voice of the court itself, not of
| its individual judges. In short, giving the government
| relief from Judge Cannon's injunction was a very easy
| call--one that required neither time nor any significant
| deliberation. Rather, the rate-limiting step in issuing
| this opinion was the speed with which judges of diverse
| political stripes could type.
<https://www.lawfareblog.com/eleventh-circuit-cleans-mess>

--bks

Siri Cruise

Sep 23, 2022, 12:23:06 PM9/23/22
In article <tgkens$77n$1...@panix3.panix.com>,
b...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman) wrote:

> | deliberation. Rather, the rate-limiting step in issuing
> | this opinion was the speed with which judges of diverse
> | political stripes could type.

Based on the last few days, Don Fatso may be appealing
the appointment of special master Dearing.

'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
I am an Andrea Chen sockpuppet. insults Islam. Mohammed

Salty Stan

Sep 23, 2022, 12:25:59 PM9/23/22
On 9/23/2022 9:23 AM, Siri Cruise wrote:
> In article <tgkens$77n$1...@panix3.panix.com>,
> b...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman) wrote:
>
>> | deliberation. Rather, the rate-limiting step in issuing
>> | this opinion was the speed with which judges of diverse
>> | political stripes could type.
>
> Based on the last few days, Don Fatso may be appealing
> the appointment of special master Dearing.

Good luck with that, given that he was Trump's choice.