Re: More than 75,000 Kaiser Permanente union parasite workers threaten strike if labor agreement not reached

Union Scum

Nov 6, 2023, 12:15:03 AM11/6/23
In article <ui9lmi$7qto$8...@dont-email.me>

> Biden and Harris union parasites deserve to be fired and replaced.

More than 75,000 workers at the largest nonprofit health-care
provider in the United States threatened Friday to strike if an
agreement is not reached to resolve a staffing crisis by the end of
next week.

A union coalition warned Kaiser Permanente that its members will
walk out for three days in October at hundreds of health facilities
across California, Colorado, Oregon, Washington, Virginia and
Washington D.C., if a deal is not reached to relieve the issue.

The Coalition of Kaiser Permanente Unions issued the ultimatum after
their final bargaining session concluded without an apparent
resolution.

The unions said they will go on strike from Oct. 4 to 6 if an
agreement is not reached when their current contract expires Sept.
30.

Kaiser Permanente serves nearly 13 million patients. It operates 39
hospitals and more than 600 medical offices across eight states and
the District of Columbia.

Dave Regan, president of SEIU-United Healthcare Workers West, said
that Kaiser has failed to adequately address a staffing crisis that
has led to dangerous wait times for patients.

“Kaiser executives refuse to acknowledge how much patient care has
deteriorated or how much the frontline healthcare workforce and
patients are suffering because of the Kaiser short-staffing crisis,”
Regan said in a statement

The Coalition of Kaiser Permanente Unions’ membership includes
medical assistants, surgical and lab technicians, pharmacists and
administrative staff among other health-care workers. Several unions
voted overwhelmingly to authorize strikes at Kaiser last week.

Kaiser has called the unions’ claims misleading and urged employees
to resist a call for a strike.

“The Coalition unions are positioned to strike in October. However,
for the last 26 years of our historic labor-management partnership,
we have reached agreements with the Coalition every time, with no
strikes. A strike notice does not mean a strike will happen,” Kaiser
said in a statement.

“Our top priority is caring for our members and patients, and we
have plans in place to ensure we can continue to provide, high-
quality care should a strike actually occur,” Kaiser said. “To be
clear, we will continue to bargain in good faith until we reach a
fair and equitable agreement that strengthens our position as a best
place to work and ensures that the high-quality care our members
expect from us remains affordable and easy to access.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/09/22/kaiser-permanente-workers-threaten-
strike.html