Aaron Rodgers Expresses Frustration That COVID-19 Conversation Hasn't Focused On "How To Be Healthier"

Ubiquitous

Dec 27, 2021, 7:14:46 AM12/27/21
Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers has been the most polarizing NFL
player over the past year. Leading up to the 2021 season, it wasn’t
clear if Rodgers would ever play in a Packers uniform again. When
Rodgers did eventually arrive at Packers training camp, he was not shy
about airing his frustrations with the organization, which stemmed from
his lack of involvement in the decision making, among other things.

In November, Rodgers tested positive for COVID-19, months after telling
reporters that he was “immunized” against the virus, a statement that
led most to believe that he had received the COVD-19 vaccine. The
backlash to the positive test was immediate, with members of the media
hammering Rodgers for what they viewed as misleading the public
regarding his vaccination status.

Two days after the news broke, Rodgers went on “The Pat McAfee Show” to
tell his side of the story.

“I realize I’m in the crosshairs of the woke mob right now, so before
my final nail gets put in my cancel culture casket, I think I’d like to
set the record straight on so many of the blatant lies that are out
there about myself right now,” Rodgers said.

On Tuesday, Rodgers once again joined the show, this time sporting an
anti-cancel culture hoodie for his weekly appearance. Rodgers discussed
his record-tying touchdown pass against the Baltimore Ravens, as well
as agreeing with the Ravens decision to attempt a two-point conversion
late in the fourth quarter instead of kicking the PAT in order to tie
the game. Toward the end of the interview, the COVID-19 conversation
was brought up, focusing on the updated testing protocols for
vaccinated players in the NFL.

After discussing the testing protocols, Rodgers steered the interview
toward his frustrations with the lack of conversations around a healthy
lifestyle and treatments for preventing and treating COVID-19.

“The one frustration that I have in all of this, is that throughout
this entire time there hasn’t been real conversation around health,”
Rodgers said. “As far as giving people things to think about when it
comes to health, like how to be healthier. As far as your diet,
vitamins, and exercise. But the other thing that hasn’t been talked
about is treatments. … Obviously I’ve talked to a lot of friends who
had COVID, including Joe [Rogan], and figured out a protocol that I had
ready in case I got COVID that basically took my symptoms from what
they were to non-existence in 36 hours.”

"The one frustration I have is that throughout all of this
there hasn't been any conversation about health. I don't
understand why society & the NFL hasn't talked about
legitimate Covid treatment options"
~@AaronRodgers12#PatMcAfeeShowLIVE pic.twitter.com/QtLaERUtn4

— Pat McAfee (@PatMcAfeeShow) December 21, 2021

In his November interview following his COVID-19 diagnosis, Rodgers
discussed his own COVID symptoms, saying that he followed the advice of
podcast host Joe Rogan.

“I consulted with a now good friend of mine Joe Rogan, after he got
Covid, and I’ve been doing a lot of the stuff that he recommended in
his podcasts and on the phone to me,” Rodgers said in November.

“I’m going to have the best immunity possible now based on the 2.5-
million-person study from Israel that the people who get Covid and
recover, have the most robust immunity. I’m thankful for people like
Joe stepping up and using his voice. I’m thankful for my medical squad
and I’m thankful for all the love and support I’ve gotten but I’ve been
taking monoclonal antibodies, Ivermectin, zinc, vitamin C and DHCQ. And
I feel pretty incredible.”

On Tuesday, Rodgers questioned why treatment options are not discussed
by the NFL and by society at large.

“But I don’t understand why society and the NFL hasn’t talked about
legitimate treatment options,” Rodgers continued. “And monoclonal
antibodies I believe is one of them. Ivermectin obviously has negative
attachments with it. It’s controversial. CNN labeled it horse-dewormer
but it’s being used in Japan, and India, and other places. But if
you’re not doing any of that, at least can there be conversation around
treatments that can help out guys — if they have major symptoms — to
recover quicker?”

Rodgers did give the NFL credit for their new testing protocols, which
eliminates weekly testing for vaccinated players, with more of a focus
on testing players who show symptoms of COVID-19.

Green Bay’s next game is against the Cleveland Browns on Saturday at
Lambeau Field.

--
Let's go Brandon!