Re: Ohio CCW and the Cleveland Plain Dealer

Ronald Bloom

Jul 30, 2004, 3:29:17 PM7/30/04
Public record, I would think it not a list of people to harass, but a list
of people to avoid. I suggest you look for a group, and there must be one
that is preparing to SUE the newspaper for violating their privacy. If my
name was on the list, I would call the paper and ask they put my name at the
top in BOLD and larger than the others, just like John Hancock's signature
on the Declaration of Independence. Ask the paper why they are doing this,
and if you can DAMAGED by their MALICE. I would also buy a copy of their
paper can make a list of ALL their advertisers, write them a letter telling
them you will NOT patronize their businesses as long as they AID and FINANCE
people who are violating your privacy, are a part of harassment, mental
anguish, and if you are DAMAGED by the paper they allowed to be printed with
their MONEY, you will sue them for damages. Watch the shit hit the fan!!

If you can find a Lawyer who will send the advertisers a letter saying the
above, and if you are damaged, they will be sued and incur legal fees, sit
back and watch the heads roll at that paper as they fire the genius who got
the idea to print those names. The way to attack this garbage is to target
their MONEY, their advertisers. If you owned a business, say a ma and pa
pizzeria and got a letter saying you are being BOYCOTTED and may be sued if
the paper they FUND through advertising DAMAGES you as a result of their
malice and they will be held accountable also, would you not shit your pants
and call the paper and ask them what they hell is going on and think twice
about renewing your advertisement? Ain't I a bastard? BUt that is the way
we have to think here in NY where we are under constant assault by marxists,
trial lawyers, insurance companies, big brother advocates, elitists, morons
etc. Fight fire with fire.

"Rich Stern" <rbs...@aol.com> wrote in message
the

FigrSk8te

Jul 30, 2004, 3:30:01 PM7/30/04
#- Why did Ohio legislators give the press specific, unfettered access to the
#entire list of CCW permit holders?

Because it's a matter of public record. Anyone can see it.

#- Why is the Cleveland Plain Dealer printing this list?

Because they're liberal, communist, Jane Fonda loving jerks.

->Have the people of Ohio gone crazy?

No.

The local paper did this where I used to live. AFAIK, there were no problems
from it.

Doug Kanter

Jul 30, 2004, 3:30:01 PM7/30/04
You ought to call your state legislator's office and demand an answer to
this question. It's a good one. The "help" who answer the phone might not
know, but if you keep nagging them enough, you'll eventually get an answer.

Christopher Morton

Jul 30, 2004, 3:30:02 PM7/30/04
On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 11:59:02 +0000 (UTC), rbs...@aol.com (Rich Stern)
wrote:

#Can someone please answer these questions logically:
#

#- Why did Ohio legislators give the press specific, unfettered access to the
#entire list of CCW permit holders?

#

#- Why is the Cleveland Plain Dealer printing this list?

#
#Have the people of Ohio gone crazy?

We need to start obtaining and disseminating the personal information
of Plain Dealer personnel.

--
More blood for oil... in my name!

Christopher Morton

Jul 31, 2004, 8:59:18 AM7/31/04
On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 23:40:53 +0000 (UTC), Dan Brown
<d...@familybrown.org> wrote:

# They're PO'd that it passed, so they're doing whatever they can to
#make CCW holders' lives miserable. They're not the first paper to do it,
#and probably won't be the last.

The dolt at the PC whined today about how OFCC posted a map to his
house.

Usenet Neo-Nazis have been posting maps to my house for years. I just
tell 'em to come wearing their body bags. No takers so far.

I plan to email him a note telling him "Welcome to my world."

james

Jul 31, 2004, 8:59:18 AM7/31/04
In article <cedd66$jvm$1...@grapevine.wam.umd.edu>,
Rich Stern <rbs...@aol.com> wrote:

#- Why did Ohio legislators give the press specific, unfettered access to the
#entire list of CCW permit holders?

*Only* the press? Or is this a biased way of saying that the list is
public information? My problem would be an Ohio law that legislates
who is, and who is not, "The Press."

Dennis D. Carter

Jul 31, 2004, 8:59:19 AM7/31/04
I suspect that the Cleveland Plain Dealer is as principled as most liberal
businesses. They will pull these stunts as long as they can make a buck
from it. Be creative. Do what you can to turn their profits into losses.
If you can't get them to undo their damage, put them out of business.

Dennis D. Carter

"Dan Brown" <d...@familybrown.org> wrote in message

Browning HiPower

Aug 1, 2004, 7:15:06 AM8/1/04
Not to be suggesting anything improper here, but wouldn't a website
listing lthe home address and phone numbers of the owners, publishers,
and editors of the Plain Dealer be a fair trade?

Roy

<d...@familybrown.org> wrote:

#rbs...@aol.com (Rich Stern) wrote in
#news:cedd66$jvm$1...@grapevine.wam.umd.edu:
#
## - Why did Ohio legislators give the press specific, unfettered access
## to the entire list of CCW permit holders?
#
# Because Gov. Taft would have vetoed the bill if they hadn't, and they
#didn't have the balls to override his veto. Why did he demand that at the
#last minute? Probably because he hoped it would kill the bill, but that's
#just a guess.
#
## - Why is the Cleveland Plain Dealer printing this list?
#

Christopher Morton

Aug 1, 2004, 2:26:31 PM8/1/04
On Sun, 1 Aug 2004 11:15:06 +0000 (UTC), Browning HiPower
<carryh...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Not to be suggesting anything improper here, but wouldn't a website
>listing lthe home address and phone numbers of the owners, publishers,
>and editors of the Plain Dealer be a fair trade?

In fact, one of the Plain Dealer scum complained about such on the
OFCC website.
--
"Holocaust was greatly exaggerated and you know it. Another monster lie
from the gover-media." - Judy Diarya, AKA "Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend"

Frank Ney

Aug 2, 2004, 1:01:49 AM8/2/04
On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 14:26:31 -0400, an orbiting mind control laser caused
Christopher Morton <cm...@cox.net> to write:

>On Sun, 1 Aug 2004 11:15:06 +0000 (UTC), Browning HiPower
><carryh...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>Not to be suggesting anything improper here, but wouldn't a website
>>listing lthe home address and phone numbers of the owners, publishers,
>>and editors of the Plain Dealer be a fair trade?
>
>In fact, one of the Plain Dealer scum complained about such on the
>OFCC website.

Which one was it? I'd like to send the fuck a "tough shit" letter.

Frank Ney N4ZHG WV/EMT-B NRA(L) GOA CCRKBA JPFO ProvNRA LPWV
--
*****Smarty Jones for President!*****
Hey, if a horse's ass can be President, why not the entire horse?

JHbs

Aug 2, 2004, 1:50:25 PM8/2/04
"FigrSk8te" wrote in message
> # Why did Ohio legislators give the press specific, unfettered
> # access to the entire list of CCW permit holders?

> Because it's a matter of public record. Anyone can see it.
No - It is not...
We were able to do so { print the list } because the state legislature,
bowing to Gov. Bob Taft's threat to veto a bill with no public access
provision at all, gave the news media access to the list. The general
public is not allowed to see it.

From the start, The Plain Dealer opposed that media-only provision, and
so did most news organizations. We don't believe the media should have
access to records that the general public is denied.

And, like the governor and millions of others across the country, we
believe licensure information of all kinds should be open to public
view.

From the start, The Plain Dealer opposed that media-only provision, and
so did most news organizations. We don't believe the media should have
access to records that the general public is denied.

And, like the governor and millions of others across the country, we
believe licensure information of all kinds should be open to public
view.

<snipped>

The majority asked a version of this question:

"Why did you single us out? Why don't you publish the names of sex
offenders or people convicted of carrying an unlicensed concealed
weapon, or other holders of other licenses?

The answer is that as the law is now written, the one and only way the
average citizen can learn the identity of a concealed-weapon permit
holder is if the news media publish it.

Thank the legislature for that.

Want to know if a sex offender lives next door? The state will send you
an e-eil.

Want to know if your co-worker has a prison record? You can look it up.

Want to know how much my house costs? Ditto.

Want to know who has a fishing license - indeed, virtually any license?
Correct, you can look it up. It's all public record.

License to carry a gun? Nope. The average Joe has only the slim reed of
the news media to help him on that count.

Would we publish those names if the record were public? Of course not.
There would be no need. Why? Because you could look it up.

You can do that in many of the other states that have concealed-carry
laws. In one - Delaware - the entire process of getting a permit is a
public record. And there, the law requires that the names of permit
holders be published.

Ohioans for Concealed Carry is urging the legislature to negate the
"privilege" the news media have to see the names of permit holders. We
agree. That "privilege" (I would call it a right) belongs in the hands
of the general public.

As it's now written, the only people truly "privileged" are the holders
of concealed-carry permits, because they can shield their identities
from the pub- lic.

That's a privilege most other license holders in the state can't claim.

Clifton is the editor of The Plain Dealer.

Contact him at:

dcli...@plaind.com, 216-999-4123

-

jhbs

JHbs

Aug 2, 2004, 2:03:32 PM8/2/04
"FigrSk8te" wrote in message
> # Why did Ohio legislators give the press specific, unfettered access

to the
> #entire list of CCW permit holders?
>
> Because it's a matter of public record. Anyone can see it.
>
> #- Why is the Cleveland Plain Dealer printing this list?
>
> Because they're liberal, communist, Jane Fonda loving jerks.
>
> ->Have the people of Ohio gone crazy?
>
> No.

> The local paper did this where I used to live. AFAIK, there were
> no problems from it.

Or, more to the point, there have been no problems from it - YET...!
Or there have been no problems from it - that YOU know about...!
Or there have been problems from it - but they are private problems...!

If there are problems from this, perhaps a home invasion for the purpose
of stealing the guns that are there, will the editor of the paper step
up and say: "I revealed to the thief where he might go to find what he
was after." ?

Will the editor, should a family member be wounded or killed in the
attempt, step up and say: "I provided information for this crime to take
place." ?

He could have printed the fact that he had this information and allowed
anyone that desired access to it to ask for it at the paper.

Public access to information means that; it does not mean "public
broadcast" or "indiscriminate dispersal."
-
jhbs

Christopher Morton

Aug 2, 2004, 7:56:07 PM8/2/04
On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 01:01:49 -0400, Frank Ney <n4...@icqmail.com>
wrote:

>On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 14:26:31 -0400, an orbiting mind control laser caused
>Christopher Morton <cm...@cox.net> to write:
>
>>On Sun, 1 Aug 2004 11:15:06 +0000 (UTC), Browning HiPower
>><carryh...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Not to be suggesting anything improper here, but wouldn't a website
>>>listing lthe home address and phone numbers of the owners, publishers,
>>>and editors of the Plain Dealer be a fair trade?
>>
>>In fact, one of the Plain Dealer scum complained about such on the
>>OFCC website.
>
>Which one was it? I'd like to send the fuck a "tough shit" letter.

I'm not sure. I don't know if that toilet paper substitute has
archives. I think it was Wednesday or Thursday.

Frank Ney

Aug 2, 2004, 11:36:29 PM8/2/04
On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 14:03:32 -0400, an orbiting mind control laser caused "JHbs"
<pha...@bellsouth.net> to write:

>Or, more to the point, there have been no problems from it - YET...!
>Or there have been no problems from it - that YOU know about...!
>Or there have been problems from it - but they are private problems...!

Do you consider someone losing their job because the employer found out he has a
carry permit a "private problem"?