Student loan forgiveness proves Democrats are the party of the rich

John Dillinger

Mar 26, 2022, 3:17:17 PM3/26/22
HTTPS://NYPOST.COM
Student loan forgiveness proves Democrats are the party of the rich
Kevin D. Williamson

If you want an indication of how completely the Democrats have been
transformed from the workingmen's party to the party of affluent
professionals, consider how intensely progressives are pressuring
President Biden to extend -- for the sixth time -- the freeze on
college-loan repayments.

This is class war -- and the folks with 21st-century versions of
monocles and top hats are winning.

The people who have college loans to pay back are, on average, pretty
well-off. That's no surprise: Only one in three working-age Americans
are college graduates, and college graduates earn more money than
people who have only high-school diplomas. So do people who go to
college but don't get a degree. College-loan forgiveness is first and
foremost a government handout to people who have higher-than-average
incomes.

If you know anything about higher education, you will not be surprised
to learn that the people with the most college debt are the people
with the highest incomes. Those big loans usually don't come from
financing a liberal-arts degree at an Ivy League college: The elite
schools have big money of their own, which is why, for example, the
vast majority of Princeton graduates finish with no student debt at
all, while the small share who do take out loans typically finish with
less with debt less than $10,000.

Instead, the big loans usually go toward financing graduate studies,
especially professional education: law school, medical school, MBAs,
and other preparation for high-paying careers. Americans sometimes
forget where the money actually lands in our economy: Your local
junior-high principal doesn't have Jeff Bezos' money, but he makes
nearly $20,000 a year more than the typical architect, earning just
shy of $100,000 on average in 2020, according to the Bureau of Labor
Statistics. That guy can afford to pay his student loans. So can his
lawyer ($126,930 average salary) and the local nurse practitioner
($117,670), who earns about as much money as the typical aerospace
engineer ($118,610).

Policy analysts, including progressives, who take the time to run the
numbers consistently, come to the same conclusion: Every program for
college-loan forgiveness under serious consideration
disproportionately benefits high-income people. A study by the
University of Pennsylvania's Sylvain Catherine and the University of
Chicago's Constantine Yannelis finds that a universal debt-forgiveness
program would benefit earners in the top 10% five times as much as
those at the bottom; capping forgiveness at $50,000 -- or even at
$10,000 -- would produce similar results, providing much more benefit
to the well-off than to those who are struggling. As the scholars
note, this is true in large part because big student loans go along
with big incomes.

The poorest Americans won't benefit much from college-loan forgiveness
for the same reason they don't benefit from income-tax cuts -- the
same affluent people who pay most of the income taxes also have most
of the college debt.

Why?

Because Democrats prefer to use your money when buying votes. In the
United States, the cities are Democratic and the countryside is
Republican -- the real political contest is in the suburbs, which is
where those affluent, college-educated professionals live and vote.

The Democrats are happy to help the rich get richer, as long as they
vote the right way.

Kevin D. Williamson is the author of "Big White Ghetto: Dead Broke,
Stone-Cold Stupid, and High on Rage in the Dank Woolly Wilds of the
'Real America'."

--

Democracy: Three wolves and a lamb vote for dinner.
Republic: Three wolves and a lamb vote for dinner,

Siri Cruise

Mar 26, 2022, 9:34:03 PM3/26/22
In article <t1norr$408$1...@dont-email.me>,
John Dillinger <John.Di...@bankrobber.invalid> wrote:

> Student loan forgiveness proves Democrats are the party of the rich
> Kevin D. Williamson

So you're arguing against the Ten Commandments.

'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\

Anonymous Reactionary

Mar 26, 2022, 11:13:43 PM3/26/22
Siri Cruise wrote:
> In article <t1norr$408$1...@dont-email.me>,
> John Dillinger <John.Di...@bankrobber.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Student loan forgiveness proves Democrats are the party of the rich
>> Kevin D. Williamson
>
> So you're arguing against the Ten Commandments.

Chapter and verse, please.

pothead

Mar 26, 2022, 11:27:38 PM3/26/22
> HTTPS://NYPOST.COM
>Student loan forgiveness proves Democrats are the party of the rich
>Kevin D. Williamson

Education is for the leftist elite who control us all.

Klaus Schadenfreude

Mar 27, 2022, 8:18:39 AM3/27/22
On Sat, 26 Mar 2022 18:34:01 -0700, Siri Cruise <chine...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>In article <t1norr$408$1...@dont-email.me>,
> John Dillinger <John.Di...@bankrobber.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Student loan forgiveness proves Democrats are the party of the rich
>> Kevin D. Williamson
>
>So you're arguing against the Ten Commandments.

So you're arguing for Clericalism

pothead

Mar 27, 2022, 5:28:53 PM3/27/22
> HTTPS://NYPOST.COM
>Student loan forgiveness proves Democrats are the party of the rich
>Kevin D. Williamson

pothead

Mar 28, 2022, 1:44:26 PM3/28/22
> HTTPS://NYPOST.COM
>Student loan forgiveness proves Democrats are the party of the rich
>Kevin D. Williamson

pothead

Mar 28, 2022, 7:58:49 PM3/28/22
> HTTPS://NYPOST.COM
>Student loan forgiveness proves Democrats are the party of the rich
>Kevin D. Williamson

pothead

Mar 29, 2022, 11:29:57 AM3/29/22
> HTTPS://NYPOST.COM
>Student loan forgiveness proves Democrats are the party of the rich
>Kevin D. Williamson

pothead

Mar 30, 2022, 10:43:15 AM3/30/22
> HTTPS://NYPOST.COM
>Student loan forgiveness proves Democrats are the party of the rich
>Kevin D. Williamson

pothead

Mar 30, 2022, 5:07:33 PM3/30/22
> HTTPS://NYPOST.COM
>Student loan forgiveness proves Democrats are the party of the rich
>Kevin D. Williamson

pothead

Mar 31, 2022, 12:53:25 PM3/31/22
> HTTPS://NYPOST.COM
>Student loan forgiveness proves Democrats are the party of the rich
>Kevin D. Williamson

pothead

Apr 1, 2022, 9:53:55 AM4/1/22
> HTTPS://NYPOST.COM
>Student loan forgiveness proves Democrats are the party of the rich
>Kevin D. Williamson

pothead

Apr 3, 2022, 7:26:37 AM4/3/22
> HTTPS://NYPOST.COM
>Student loan forgiveness proves Democrats are the party of the rich
>Kevin D. Williamson

pothead

Apr 3, 2022, 6:38:06 PM4/3/22
> HTTPS://NYPOST.COM
>Student loan forgiveness proves Democrats are the party of the rich
>Kevin D. Williamson

pothead

Apr 4, 2022, 2:01:17 PM4/4/22
> HTTPS://NYPOST.COM
>Student loan forgiveness proves Democrats are the party of the rich
>Kevin D. Williamson

KoOks of San Francisco

Feb 19, 2024, 7:45:04 PMFeb 19
In article <t1olj8$362pt$1...@news.freedyn.de>
<governo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Modern day lazy unaffected niggers do not deserve any fucking reparations.
> They didn't give one flying fuck about any possible slave shit until money was waved.

The Builders of the Transcontinental Railroad
President Abraham Lincoln signed the Pacific Railroad Act into
law on July 1, 1862. The act gave two companies, the Union
Pacific Railroad and the Central Pacific Railroad,
responsibility for completing the transcontinental railroad and
authorized
extensive land grants and the issuance of 30-year government
bonds to finance the undertaking. The Union Pacific was to lay
track westward from a point near Omaha, Nebraska; the Central
Pacific was to build eastward from Sacramento, California.
The labor required to build the first transcontinental railroad
was extensive. The main laborers, the ones who laid the track,
did
back-straining work for days on end, for not necessarily high
wages, in sometimes brutal conditions. This massive
transportation
construction project also required an entire network of support,
including medical staff, cooks, and proprietors of provisions,
stores and living areas.
Irish immigrants were the primary early builders of the Central
Pacific Railroad. Management of the initial railroad work was not
very inspirational, and pay was not exactly high; as a result,
many Irish workers walked off the job. To fill the gap, Central
Pacific
turned to Chinese immigrants, who were travelling across the
Pacific Ocean in increasing numbers, 40,000 in the 1850s alone.
Many of these Chinese immigrants had come to California for the
Gold Rush and had stayed.

<https://www.uen.org/transcontinentalrailroad/downloads/G7IrishW
orkersTranscontinentalRailroad.pdf>

Bradley K. Sherman

Feb 21, 2024, 2:50:04 AMFeb 21
In article <t1ti3n$38pqv$3...@news.freedyn.de>
trumps bitch <patr...@protonmail.com> wrote:

When Laura Fisher noticed striking similarities between research
papers submitted to RSC Advances, she grew suspicious. None of
the papers had authors or institutions in common, but their
charts and titles looked alarmingly similar, says Fisher, the
executive editor at the journal. “I was determined to try to get
to the bottom of what was going on.”

A year later, in January 2021, Fisher retracted 68 papers from
the journal, and editors at two other Royal Society of Chemistry
(RSC) titles retracted one each over similar suspicions; 15 are
still under investigation. Fisher had found what seemed to be
the products of paper mills: companies that churn out fake
scientific manuscripts to order. All the papers came from
authors at Chinese hospitals. The journals’ publisher, the RSC
in London, announced in a statement that it had been the victim
of what it believed to be “the systemic production of falsified
research”.

What was surprising about this was not the paper-mill activity
itself: research-integrity sleuths have repeatedly warned that
some scientists buy papers from third-party firms to help their
careers. Rather, it was extraordinary that a publisher had
publicly announced something that journals generally keep quiet
about. “We believe that it is a paper mill, so we want to be
open and transparent,” Fisher says.

The RSC wasn’t alone, its statement added: “We are one of a
number of publishers to have been affected by such activity.”
Since last January, journals have retracted at least 370 papers
that have been publicly linked to paper mills, an analysis by
Nature has found, and many more retractions are expected to
follow.

Much of this literature cleaning has come about because, last
year, outside sleuths publicly flagged papers that they think
came from paper mills owing to their suspiciously similar
features. Collectively, the lists of flagged papers total more
than 1,000 studies, the analysis shows. Editors are so concerned
by the issue that last September, the Committee on Publication
Ethics (COPE), a publisher-advisory body in London, held a forum
dedicated to discussing “systematic manipulation of the
publishing process via paper mills”. Their guest speaker was
Elisabeth Bik, a research-integrity analyst in California known
for her skill in spotting duplicated images in papers, and one
of the sleuths who posts their concerns about paper mills online.

Bik thinks there are thousands more of these papers in the
literature. The RSC’s announcement is significant for its
openness, she says. “It is pretty embarrassing that so many
papers are fake. Kudos to them to admit that they have been
fooled.”

At some journals that have had a spate of apparent paper-mill
submissions, editors have now revamped their review processes,
aiming not to be fooled again. Combating industrialized cheating
requires stricter review: telling editors to ask for raw data,
for instance, and hiring people specifically to check images.
Science publishing needs a “concerted, coordinated effort to
stamp out falsified research”, the RSC said.

Paper-mill detectives
In January 2020, Bik and other image detectives who work under
pseudonyms — Smut Clyde, Morty and Tiger BB8 — posted, on a blog
run by science journalist Leonid Schneider, a list of more than
400 published papers they said probably came from a paper mill.
Bik dubbed it the ‘tadpole’ paper mill, because of the shapes
that appeared in the papers’ western blot analyses, a type of
test used to detect proteins in biological samples. A spate of
media headlines followed. Throughout the year, the sleuths (not
always working together) posted spreadsheets of other suspect
papers — picking up on similar features across multiple studies.
By March 2021, they had collectively listed more than 1,300
articles, by Nature’s tally, as possibly coming from paper mills.

Journals started to look at the papers. According to Nature’s
analysis, around 26% of the articles that the sleuths alleged
came from paper mills have so far been retracted or labelled
with expressions of concern. Many others are still under
investigation. The Journal of Cellular Biochemistry (JCB), for
instance, announced in February1 that, last year, editors
investigated and retracted 23 of 137 papers alleged to contain
image manipulation.

Journals did not identify problems with all of the papers that
had been flagged. Chris Graf, director of research integrity at
Wiley, which publishes JCB, said in January that the publisher
had completed investigations into 73 papers identified by Bik
and others, and had found no reason to act on 11 of them. Seven
others required corrections and 55 have been retracted or will
be retracted.

Publishers almost never explicitly declare on retraction notices
that a particular study is fraudulent or was created by a
company to order, because it is difficult to prove. None of the
RSC’s retraction notices, for instance, mentions a paper mill —
despite the RSC’s announcement that it thinks the articles did
come from one. But Nature has tallied 370 articles retracted
since January 2020, all from authors at Chinese hospitals, that
either publishers or independent sleuths have alleged to come
from paper mills (see ‘Fraud allegations’). Most were published
in the past three years (see ‘Chinese hospital papers on the
rise’). Publishers have added expressions of concern to another
45 such articles.

FRAUD ALLEGATIONS: barchart showing the number of published
papers potentially linked to companies that produce fraudulent
work.
Sources: forbetterscience.com, scienceintegritydigest.com and
Nature analysis

Nature has identified a further 197 retractions of papers from
authors at Chinese hospitals since the start of last year. These
are not ones that have made it onto lists of potential
publication-mill products, although some were flagged by sleuths
for image concerns, often on the post-publication peer-review
website PubPeer.

Industrialized cheating
The problem of organized fraud in publishing is not new, and not
confined to China, notes Catriona Fennell, who heads publishing
services at the world’s largest scientific publisher, Elsevier.
“We’ve seen evidence of industrialized cheating from several
other countries, including Iran and Russia,” she told Nature
last year. Others have also reported on Iranian and Russian
paper-mill activities.

In a statement this year to Nature, Elsevier said that its
journal editors detect and prevent the publication of thousands
of probable paper-mill submissions each year, although some do
get through.

China has long been known to have a problem with firms selling
papers to researchers, says Xiaotian Chen, a librarian at
Bradley University in Peoria, Illinois. As far back as 2010, a
team led by Shen Yang, a management-studies researcher then at
Wuhan University in China, warned of websites offering to
ghostwrite papers on fictional research, or to bypass peer-
review systems for payment. In 2013, Science reported on a
market for authorships on research papers in China. In 2017,
China’s Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST) said it would
crack down on misconduct after a scandal in which 107 papers
were retracted at the journal Tumor Biology; their peer reviews
had been fabricated and a MOST investigation concluded that some
had been produced by third-party companies.

Physicians in China are a particular target market because they
typically need to publish research articles to gain promotions,
but are so busy at hospitals that they might not have time to do
the science, says Chen. Last August, the Beijing municipal
health authority published a policy stipulating that an
attending physician wanting to be promoted to deputy chief
physician must have at least two first-author papers published
in professional journals; three first-author papers are required
to become a chief physician. These titles affect a physician’s
salary and authority, as well as the surgeries they are allowed
to perform, says Changqing Li, a former senior physician and
gastroenterology researcher at a Chinese hospital who now lives
in the United States.

“The effect is devastating,” says Li, about the impacts on
Chinese science. “The literature environment published in
Chinese is already ruined, since hardly anyone believes them or
references studies from them.”

“Now this plague has eroded into the international medical
journals,” he adds. The fact that people use paper mills also
affects China’s reputation globally, says Futao Huang, a Chinese
researcher working at Hiroshima University in Japan.

The prevalence of problem papers is leading some journal editors
to doubt the submissions they get from Chinese hospital
researchers. “The increasing volume of this ‘junk science’ is
wreaking havoc on the credibility of the research emanating out
of China and increasingly casting doubt upon legitimate science
from the region,” said a February 2021 editorial2 in the journal
Molecular Therapy.

Several other editors echo these concerns about the impact of
paper mills. “They are undermining our confidence in the other
manuscripts received from Chinese groups,” says Frank Redegeld,
editor in chief of the European Journal of Pharmacology,
published by Elsevier.

CHINESE HOSPITAL PAPERS ON THE RISE: chart showing the rise in
English language articles with authors from Chinese hospitals.
Source: lens.org

China’s science and education ministries have taken steps to
curb problematic publication incentives. They published a notice
last February telling research institutions — including
hospitals — not to promote or recruit researchers solely on the
basis of the numbers of papers they publish, and also told them
to stop paying cash bonuses for papers. And in August, China
announced the introduction of measures to crack down on research
misconduct, including attempts to curb independent contractors
who fabricate data on others’ behalf. (MOST didn’t respond to
Nature’s request for comment on the scale of the problem or the
impact of its measures.)

Some Chinese researchers think these measures are beginning to
work. Li Tang, who researches science policy at Fudan University
in Shanghai, China, is hopeful that submissions from paper mills
in China will fall in the future — although she notes that the
issue isn’t confined to Chinese research.

Redegeld says he hasn’t yet seen a decrease in the number of
suspected paper-mill manuscripts his journal receives, which he
estimates to be around 15 a month.

Problem signs
Image-integrity sleuths and journal editors have identified a
range of features in manuscripts that could be fingerprints of a
paper mill. “We’re wondering how we protect ourselves from
publishing this stuff,” says Jana Christopher, an image-
integrity analyst at the publisher FEBS Press in Heidelberg,
Germany, who screens incoming manuscripts for a number of
journals, and helped the RSC with its investigation.

Potential signs of trouble include papers from different authors
at different institutions sharing similar features: western
blots with identical-looking backgrounds and suspiciously smooth
outlines, titles that seem to be variations on a theme, bar
charts with identical layouts that supposedly represent
different experiments, or identical plots of flow cytometry
analyses, which are used in studying cells. It seems that these
manuscripts are produced from common templates, with words and
images slightly tweaked to make the papers look a little
different.

A particular problem is biomedical articles that claim to
investigate understudied genetic regions that might be involved
in cancers. Jennifer Byrne, a molecular oncology researcher at
the University of Sydney, Australia, specializes in exposing
flawed papers of this type, by spotting that their experimental
details sometimes list incorrect nucleotide sequences or
reagents, so that the experiments described cannot have taken
place. Many of these papers are probably doctored simply by
switching around the type of cancer or the genes involved in the
study, says Byrne, although it’s hard to prove they’re from
paper mills. “This problem of incorrect nucleotide sequences in
the literature is rampant,” she says.

At last September’s COPE forum, Bik rattled off other red flags
for editors to watch out for, including papers from Chinese
hospitals and manuscripts with e-mail addresses that don’t seem
to be linked to any of the author names. “Individually, these
factors may not be problematic, but taken together they raise
concerns and could be part of a pattern,” she said. Editors at
the forum also noted that a manuscript-processing system,
ScholarOne, can flag up unusual activity when it picks up on
submissions from the same computer. A ScholarOne alert was also
instrumental in the RSC’s investigation.

In February, Naunyn-Schmiedeberg’s Archives of Pharmacology said
it had been affected by paper mills. The journal published an
editorial3 listing important features of paper-mill articles.
These included non-academic e-mail addresses (which happen to be
common with Chinese scientists), authors’ inability to supply
raw data when asked, and poor English. The journal is retracting
10 studies, and it reports that around 5% of all its submissions
are from paper mills.

Publishers and others battling paper mills suspect they are only
seeing the tip of the iceberg in the published literature. In
part, that’s because similarities between images across studies
might become obvious only when many papers are compared. Sleuths
also know that features such as similar western blots and flawed
nucleotide sequences might be the most obvious signs of paper-
mill activity, says Bik. “There may be tonnes of other paper
mills that have done a better job of hiding it,” she says.
Editors at the COPE forum said they’d seen paper mills in areas
such as computer sciences, engineering, humanities and social
sciences, for instance.

The overall size of the paper-mill problem probably runs to
thousands or tens of thousands of papers, Bik, Byrne and others
think4. Graf, at Wiley, says it’s hard to estimate. “I don’t
think it should be understated, I can’t say how big it is,” he
says. “We have very little information about the people or
companies doing this. I am exasperated by the situation, and
that is being polite.”

“It’s detrimental to science as a whole because it makes science
and scientists look unreliable,” says Christopher. Byrne has
identified a different concern: she worries that by simply
appearing in journals, fake studies that link genes to
particular cancers can give the perception of activity in an
area where there is none, and might be included in meta-
analyses. “People die from cancer — it is not a game. It is
important that the literature describes the work that takes
place,” she adds.

Zombie papers
Journal editors know that if they reject manuscripts they
suspect to be fabricated, that might not kill the paper forever.
Fraudulent manuscripts can be submitted to multiple journals at
the same time: so even if an editor rejects it during peer
review, they might see it published elsewhere.

This has happened to Christopher, who 3 years ago saw alarming
similarities in a cluster of 13 research manuscripts submitted
to 2 journals published by FEBS Press, where she worked. Their
western blots seemed to be not only fabricated, but also
similar, as if they’d been created by tweaking a template. The
journals rejected the manuscripts on her advice. Christopher
published a 2018 paper5 warning of “systematic fabrication of
scientific images” and urged journals to invest in pre-
publication image screening. She also noted that she’d seen some
papers appear in other journals.

Christopher told Nature that she tried to privately raise the
alarm about the papers. In 2018, for instance, she and FEBS
Letters’ managing editor advised the journal Cellular Physiology
and Biochemistry that a paper it had published that year was
probably fabricated; it had been simultaneously submitted to
FEBS Letters, which had rejected it. But the journal’s publisher
at the time, Karger in Basel, Switzerland, did not hear of any
problem until 2020, when the paper was flagged up again in Bik
and others’ ‘tadpole paper mill’ collection, along with other
papers in the journal. Karger is now investigating all these
papers together with the journal’s current publisher, says
Christna Chap, Karger’s head of editorial development.

This year, Christopher again looked into the 13 manuscripts that
had been submitted to her journals. She found they had all been
published in other journals; so far, only three have been
retracted and one has an expression of concern.

Many journals have changed their editorial-review processes to
try to combat organized fraud. Some Elsevier journals, for
instance, have changed their scope to avoid subject areas that
seem to be a particular focus of paper mills, the publisher
says. And several publishers say many of their journals have
updated their policies to require that authors present the raw
data behind their western blots at the time of submission.
Asking for raw data is one of the main ways that publishers tell
editors to follow up when they think there might be something
wrong with a manuscript. But editors are aware that even raw
data can be faked, especially if paper-mill firms catch on that
such requests are being made.

“Asking for raw data is not an absolute guarantee, as you can
fake the data. It is a deterrent,” says Sabina Alam, director of
publishing integrity and ethics at Taylor and Francis. One of
its journals, Artificial Cells, Nanomedicine, and Biotechnology,
is investigating almost 100 published papers alleged to be from
paper mills.

Alam also says that once they started investigations, some
authors quickly asked to withdraw their papers. Some sent raw
data in unreadable formats or without labels. In all these
cases, journal editors say they’re not sure whether it’s correct
to withdraw such articles, or to do something else — and are
hoping for guidance on this from COPE. Bik has pointed out that
some journals have already allowed authors to withdraw papers
without stating the reason for retraction.

COPE says it will update its existing guidance on how journals
should deal with systematic manipulation of the publication
process, and is also creating a task force of editors from its
membership to determine how the organization can provide better
support on the issue.

Path forwards
Publishers say that they are limited in what they can do to
share information between journals because even titles within
the same stable are editorially independent of one another.
They’re wary of sharing information between titles or publishers
about an author that could be defamatory, and data-protection
rules hinder the sharing of authors’ personal data.

Once fraudsters know they can get a paper into a particular
title, they might continue to publish there, which could be why
some journals seem to be more affected than others. One journal,
the European Review for Medical and Pharmacological Sciences,
has retracted 186 articles since January 2020, most of them
flagged by Bik and Smut Clyde. “We were shocked by these
investigations,” says one of its editors in chief, Antonio
Gasbarrini.

Many journals are starting to employ analysts to try to spot
problems in manuscripts as they come in. Graf, for instance,
says that last year Wiley employed and trained 11 people to try
to spot manipulated images across 24 journals — focusing on the
papers most likely to be published. It hopes to expand the
programme to more titles.

Publishers would like to automate some of this screening
process. Many have teamed up with research groups to develop
software that could detect duplicated images across published
papers, and, last May, an industry group formed to try to set
standards for these checks. Software is improving but isn’t yet
capable of looking through many papers on a massive scale, says
IJsbrand Jan Aalbersberg, the head of research integrity at
Elsevier, who chairs the group. To do this would also require a
giant shared database of images that publishers could check for
duplication between papers. That will come when software can
handle it, Aalbersberg predicts.

Suzanne Farley, Springer Nature’s research-integrity director,
based in London, says she thinks that there will be a fall in
the proportion of paper-mill submissions. “The paper mills are
aware that publishers are getting better at detecting their
submissions, and potential paper-mill customers are aware that
there are now more serious consequences of using the services,”
she says. (Nature’s news team is editorially independent of its
publisher.) In the meantime, Farley says, there will be more
retractions and expressions of concern. “We are committed to
cleaning house,” she says.

But Christopher worries that an arms race could develop if
fraudsters get better at avoiding obvious mistakes. One preprint
posted to bioRxiv last year6, for instance, suggested that
artificial intelligence techniques could generate fake western
blots that were indistinguishable from real ones. “I’m really
worried about the sophistication going up,” she says.

Nature 591, 516-519 (2021)

doi: https://doi.org/10.1038/d41586-021-00733-5

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-00733-5

Biden Stolen Election 2020

Feb 21, 2024, 3:05:05 AMFeb 21
In article <t1qkuk$376am$1...@news.freedyn.de>
trumps bitch <patr...@protonmail.com> wrote:

Joe Biden has promised that his push for renewable energy will
create more manufacturing jobs for Americans. He was reported
saying, “there is simply no reason the blades for wind turbines
can’t be built in Pittsburgh instead of Beijing. No reason.”

Except, in reality, most of the manufacturing jobs will actually
be created in Europe.

The Vineyard Wind project, off the coast of Massachusetts, is
expected to produce enough electricity to power 400,000 homes in
New England by 2023. The windfarm is a joint venture between
Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners and Avangrid Inc. which is
part of the Iberdrola group.

According to the managing director of Iberdola Renewables
Offshore, Jonathon Cole, smaller components will be manufactured
locally, but the bigger parts will not.

Insiders say it could take years before developers can commit to
building new American factories. To get things moving,
developers would need to see a deep pipeline of approved U.S.
projects, along with a clear set of regulatory incentives like
federal and state tax breaks.

Christy Guthman, commercial leader of U.S. offshore at General
Electric’s renewable division, also said that opening a factory
would be costly and time consuming. It would require permits and
large amounts of space near the coast.

Guthman’s company is set to supply Vineyard Wind with 62
turbines. However, the major parts for those turbines, which are
twice the height of the Statue of Liberty, will be made in its
factories in France.

Biden’s administration has unveiled a goal to install 30
gigawatts of offshore wind power capacity by 2030. That is
roughly the amount that already exists in Europe’s two-decade-
old industry.

Experts have estimated more than 2,000 turbines will be needed
to meet that target, but U.S. factories probably won’t be
finished until 2024 or 2025. This would mean those jobs may not
materialize until after Biden’s time in the White House is up.

https://www.oann.com/biden-wind-energy-projects-outsourcing-jobs-
to-europe/

Rudy Canoza Neodome Forger

Feb 21, 2024, 3:30:04 AMFeb 21
In article <t1v8lj$39lgd$3...@news.freedyn.de>
trumps bitch <patr...@protonmail.com> wrote:

It works 180 degrees opposite you lying cock suckers!

Of all the things attributable to climate change, the rotational
poles moving differently is definitely one of the weirder ones.
But a new study shows that’s exactly what’s happening. It builds
on previous findings to show that disappearing ice is playing a
major role, and shows that groundwater depletion is responsible
for contributing to wobbles as well.

The findings, published last month in Geophysical Research
Letters, uses satellites that track gravity to track what
researchers call “polar drift.” While we think of gravity as a
constant, it’s actually a moving target based on the shape of
the planet. While earthquakes and other geophysical activities
can certainly play a role by pushing land around, it’s water
that is responsible for the biggest shifts. The satellites used
for the study, known as GRACE and GRACE-FO, were calibrated to
measure Earth’s shifting mass.

They’ve previously detected gravity changes tied to disappearing
ice in Antarctica and the drought that led to groundwater
depletion in California in the mid-2010s. The data can also
reveal how these changes in gravity, in turn, impact the poles.

Polar drift is something that happens naturally.

NO FUCKING SHIT SHERLOCK.

https://earther.gizmodo.com/climate-change-has-knocked-earth-off-
its-axis-1846751527

Jethro

Feb 21, 2024, 4:52:37 AMFeb 21
On 31 Mar 2022, pothead <pothe...@gmail.com> posted some

> Good news. This decision will have a wide impact on the liberal nut
> communitities.

The Alabama Supreme Court ruled last week that frozen embryos created
through in vitro fertilization, or IVF, are considered children under
state law and are therefore subject to legislation dealing with the
wrongful death of a minor if one is destroyed.

"The Wrongful Death of a Minor Act applies to all unborn children,
regardless of their location," the opinion states, including "unborn
children who are located outside of a biological uterus at the time they
are killed."

The immediate impact of the ruling will be to allow three couples to sue
for wrongful death after their frozen embryos were destroyed in an
accident at a fertility clinic.

But this first-of-its-kind court decision could also have broader
implications.

"No court — anywhere in the country — has reached the conclusion the
main opinion reaches," Justice Greg Cook wrote in his dissenting opinion
in the case, adding that it "almost certainly ends the creation of
frozen embryos through in vitro fertilization (IVF) in Alabama."

Abortion rights groups and IVF advocates have been warning about the
possibility since before the Supreme Court's 2022 decision to overturn
Roe v. Wade and as Republican-led states passed new abortion
restrictions in its wake. The Alabama decision cited language added to
the state constitution in 2018, which says "it is the public policy of
this state to ensure the protection of the rights of the unborn child."

Now, fertility experts and organizations say Alabama's ruling could lead
to a decrease in IVF access and care.

Dr. Mari Mitrani, co-founder and chief scientific officer at Gattaca
Genomics, told CBS News the ruling poses "serious potential and
unintended consequences to the fertility industry as a whole,
threatening Alabamans' rights to start a family."

About 1 in 5 people are unable to get pregnant after one year of trying,
according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. A recent
survey found 42% of American adults say they have used, or know someone
who has used, fertility treatments.

"This ruling poses a threat to embryologists, fertility doctors, lab
technicians and all fertility healthcare providers in Alabama," Mitrani
said. "The local medical professionals will be exposed to unforeseen
consequences due to this ruling, when trying to help their patients."

The impact could reach beyond the state, too.

"This ruling has profound implications far beyond Alabama's borders,"
Resolve: The National Infertility Association said in a statement on
social media "Every American who wants or needs access to family
building options like IVF should be deeply concerned about this
development and the precedent it will set across the country."

The nonprofit organization said that within Alabama, it will likely have
other "devastating consequences, including impacting the standard of
care provided by the state's five fertility clinics."

"This new legal framework may make it impossible to offer services like
#IVF, a standard medical treatment for infertility," the statement said,
noting it also remains unclear what this decision means for people who
currently have embryos stored.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/alabama-frozen-embryos-children-experts-ivf-
fertility/

Boeings Unsafe Aircraft

Feb 21, 2024, 5:07:40 AMFeb 21
On 01 Apr 2022, pothead <pothe...@gmail.com> posted some

> Another disaster averted from an aircraft manufactured by DEI woke
> pro-gay-degenerate BOEING. What's it going to take to put an end to
> this unsafe bullshit? Who has to die?

BOSTON - A United Airlines flight from San Francisco to Boston was
diverted to Denver on Monday because of an issue with the plane's wing -
and a worried passenger on board captured the apparent problem on video.

"Just about to land in Denver with the wing coming apart on the plane,"
Kevin Clarke says in a video shared with CBS News. "Can't wait for this
flight to be over."

There were 165 passengers on board the Boeing 757-200, which landed
safely in Denver. Clarke said the wing issue became apparent after
takeoff from San Francisco.

"United flight 354 diverted to Denver yesterday afternoon to address an
issue with the slat on the wing of the aircraft," a spokesperson for
United told WBZ-TV in a statement. "The flight landed safely and we
arranged for another aircraft to take our customers to Boston."

Another passenger shared a photo of the wing on Reddit mid-flight.

"Sitting right on the wing and the noise after reaching altitude was
much louder than normal. I opened the window to see the wing looking
like this," user octopus_hug wrote. "How panicked should I be? Do I need
to tell a flight crew member?

The user said another passenger alerted flight attendants to the
problem.

"I'll be very relieved once we land," they said.

The passengers were put on a different plane and landed in Boston early
Tuesday morning.

Boeing has been under scrutiny since a door panel on a different kind of
aircraft, a 737 Max 9, blew off during an Alaska Airlines flight in
January. Earlier this month, the head of the FAA pledged to use more
people to monitor aircraft manufacturing and hold Boeing accountable for
any safety rule violations.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/united-airlines-flight-wing-issue-boston-san
-francisco-denver-diverted/

Biden Stolen Election 2020

Feb 21, 2024, 5:25:04 AMFeb 21
In article <t1ss5p$38eii$1...@news.freedyn.de>
trumps bitch <patr...@protonmail.com> wrote:

Sean Hannity opened his show "Hannity" on Thursday slamming the
left for its damage control in reversing their take on the
origins of the coronavirus pandemic.

Hannity: Dr. doom and gloom flip-flop Fauci who continues to
play coy on how your taxpayer dollars were spent at the Wuhan
lab of virology and whether they were used as what is called
"gain of function" research. He was grilled by Sen. Kennedy of
Louisiana on all this yesterday… the Biden administration still
reluctant to ever be critical of China at all and they’re still
deferring to the corrupt WHO on a probe into the origins of this
virus.

But we are now learning that the Senate has approved a bill that
would require the Biden administration to declassify
intelligence on the origins of the COVID-19 virus… and a top
U.S. general is sounding that alarm that China's COVID cover-up
is hampering efforts into getting to the bottom of where this
started... remember that only a few short months ago that even
mentioning the lab-leak theory got you written off by everybody
in the media mob and the Democrats and Big Tech as a conspiracy
theorist just for asking the logical questions. But now, by the
way, the corrupt left-wing institutions are doing a complete 180
and they’re in total damage control mode.

WATCH THE FULL MONOLOGUE BELOW:

Comments:

VoltaireGalilei
5 hours ago

What's going on? Why the sudden change of perspective by the
left-wing media? This news is over one year old - known from
the first moments that the virus outbreak started to get
reported - but for some reason they now decide they are going to
blame the lab? I'm pleased it's being reported but surprised
the fake news has suddenly decided to report it - why the change
in position?

https://www.foxnews.com/media/hannity-corrupt-left-wing-
institutions-doing-complete-180-on-covid-19-origins

Scout

Feb 21, 2024, 9:49:14 AMFeb 21

"Attila" <<proc...@here.now> wrote in message
> On Wed, 21 Feb 2024 10:52:31 +0100 (CET), Jethro
> <jet...@courthouse.org> in alt.abortion with message-id
> <e2876c4c781590a5...@dizum.com> wrote:
>
>>On 31 Mar 2022, pothead <pothe...@gmail.com> posted some
>>
>>> Good news. This decision will have a wide impact on the liberal nut
>>> communitities.
>>
>>The Alabama Supreme Court ruled last week that frozen embryos created
>>through in vitro fertilization, or IVF, are considered children under
>>state law and are therefore subject to legislation dealing with the
>>wrongful death of a minor if one is destroyed.
>
> If these are never used does the state pick up the cost of
> maintaining permanent storage?

I have some better questions.... if they are children

Can you deduct them as dependents on your State and Federal income taxes?
If they get divorced who gets 'custody' of the children?
Do standard child support laws apply?
When they have been around for 18-21 years are they now considered adults?
At that time could the parents apply for welfare as their adult child is
unable to work?
If something happens that makes them "wards of the state" will the state
continue to pay for their needs until the end of time?

Yea, I think the Court screwed the pooch on this one.

Zoo Keepers

Feb 21, 2024, 3:42:10 PMFeb 21
On 30 Mar 2022, pothead <pothe...@gmail.com> posted some

> Fuck charging them. Kill them and get it done with.

Two men have been charged with murder in the deadly shooting at last
week's Kansas City Chiefs parade, prosecutors announced Tuesday. The
prosecution of the two men comes after two juvenile suspects were
separately charged last week in connection with the shooting that killed a
woman and wounded 22 other people near Union Station shortly after the
rally celebrating the Chiefs' Super Bowl victory.

Jackson County Prosecutor Jean Peters Baker told reporters that one of the
suspects, Lyndell Mays, had an argument with another person at the rally
and the argument escalated and Mays allegedly drew a handgun.

Others pulled out their guns, including the other suspect charged, Dominic
Miller, Baker said. The prosecutor said evidence indicated Miller's gun
was the one that allegedly killed the fatal victim, identified as Lisa
Lopez-Galvan, a 43-year-old mother of two and a local radio DJ.

Miller was seen in surveillance video watching the argument from several
feet away, according to court documents. He then pulled out a gun, chased
after one of the people in the argument and appeared to start shooting,
police said in a probable cause statement.

Lopez-Galvan was in a crowd of people in the direction where Miller was
allegedly firing, according to the statement. Miller was shot in the
chaos, and he appeared to trip over a cone while he was shooting and then
fled the scene, according to the statement.

Miller told investigators at a hospital that a man was shooting at him and
he returned fire, according to the statement. He estimated that he fired
four or five shots from his 9 mm handgun but he wasn't certain if he hit
the man he was firing at, according to the statement.

According to another probable cause statement, a witness told police a
group of four males approached Mays and one of them asked him what he was
looking at. In surveillance video, Mays started to approach the group "in
an aggressive manner" and pointed at them before pulling out his gun,
according to the statement.

"You can obviously see that there is, you know, some kind of verbal
argument occurring and it just turns deadly," Baker said during Tuesday's
news conference.

While Mays was chasing a member of the group and pointing the gun at him,
the other people in the group pulled out their guns and appeared to start
shooting at him, according to the statement. Mays also allegedly appeared
to be shooting at the person he was chasing, according to the statement.

Mays, who was also shot in the chaos, allegedly told police he drew his
gun because someone in the group said, "I'm going to get you," according
to the statement.

Both Mays and Miller have been charged with second-degree murder and
lesser offenses, and are being held on a $1 million bond. Mays was charged
Saturday morning and the charges were sealed because the investigation was
"so active and ongoing," Baker said.

The charges against Mays were unsealed Tuesday afternoon, and Miller was
charged Monday night, Baker said. The investigation into the shooting
remained ongoing, the prosecutor said.

"We seek to hold every shooter accountable for their actions on that day —
every single one," Baker said. "So while we're not there yet on every
single individual, we're going to get there."

Last week, authorities charged two juvenile suspects with gun-related and
resisting-arrest offenses in the shooting. Their cases are being handled
by a different office, Baker said.

Defendants aged 17 and under in Missouri are typically adjudicated through
the juvenile system, which is far more private than the system for adults,
according to The Associated Press. Names of the accused are not released,
nor are police documents such as probable cause statements.

Lopez-Galvan's family expressed gratitude for the suspects being charged.

"Though it does not bring back our beloved Lisa, it is comforting to know
that the Jackson County Prosecutor's Office and the KCPD made it a top
priority to seek justice for Lisa, the other shooting victims, those who
had to witness this tragedy unfold and the Kansas City community," the
family said in a statement.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kansas-city-chiefs-parade-shooting-suspects-
charged-murder/

Zoo Animals

Feb 21, 2024, 4:00:03 PMFeb 21

> Put the bint in a zoo cage. Charge admission to throw things at it
> and make it scream.

BALTIMORE -- A 35-year-old woman is in custody after she allegedly shot
another woman in a road rage incident, and then exchanged gunfire with
an off-duty officer, in downtown Baltimore, in daylight, over the
weekend.

Teneshia Pollock, from Baltimore, is charged with attempted first- and
second-degree murder along with related assault and handgun offenses,
according to online court records.

The incident happened Saturday around 3:30 p.m., police said, when
Pollock shot at another driver at the 100 block of East Redwood Street.
The victim was grazed in the head.

Pollock then fled to the 400 block of East Baltimore Street, where she
fired at an off-duty officer, police said. It wasn't immediately clear
what precipitated the shooting.

The officer returned fire at Pollock, but neither of them were struck.
Pollock was then arrested by responding officers.

"This is a fairly safe area. There are a lot of businesses around here,"
said Sarah Tanveer.

"I just hope the woman who tried to kill her is in jail, for real, for
real," said Yahawadah Franklin. "I'm not going to lie, I just hope the
woman who tried to kill her is in jail, for real, for real. I'm not
going to lie."

Neither the officer or Pollock were struck in the shooting. Pollock was
arrested by other officers in the area just outside police headquarters.

"I'm not surprised," Tanveer said. "She continued on and put other
people's lives at harm, especially off-duty police cops. She may not
have known that that he was a police officer."

"It doesn't make any sense. I don't think it's worth taking a life over
a road rage incident," Franklin added. "I get it, some people can be
frustrating on the road sometimes, but you don't have to pull out your
pistol and kill someone over it."

The victim, described as a 31- year- old woman, is believed to have
suffered a minor head injury.

Pollock has a preliminary hearing scheduled next month.

The Baltimore Police Special Investigation Response Team and homicide
detectives are investigating the shooting. Anyone with information is
asked to call 410-396-2100 or Metro Crime Stoppers at 1-866-7Lockup.

https://www.cbsnews.com/baltimore/news/woman-charged-after-road-rage-shoo
ting-then-shooting-with-off-duty-officer-in-baltimore/?intcid=CNR-02-0623

Lincoln Failures

Feb 21, 2024, 4:00:35 PMFeb 21
On 03 Apr 2022, pothead <pothe...@gmail.com> posted some

> Of course he is black and a felon. Ever since Obama was elected,
> blacks don't obey any laws in the USA. That stupid cunt Whitmer
> thinks a law will prevent the lawless from being lawless.

https://www.detroitnews.com/gcdn/authoring/authoring-images/2024/02/20/PD
TN/72675991007-michael-tolbert.jpg?width=300&height=382&fit=crop&format=p
jpg&auto=webp

FLINT, Mich. (CBS DETROIT) - Genesee County Prosecutor David Leyton
announced charges Tuesday against a Flint father whose 2-year-old
daughter accidentally shot herself on Valentine's Day.

The father, 44-year-old Michael Tolbert, was arraigned over the weekend
on charges of first-degree child abuse, violating Michigan's new safe
storage of firearms law, being a felon in possession of a firearm, being
a felon in possession of ammunition, lying to a police officer and five
counts of felony firearm.

According to the prosecutor's office, the man's daughter shot herself in
the face with his loaded handgun. The prosecutor says the bullet entered
the girl's right eye and exited through her skull. She remains in
critical condition.

It is the first criminal complaint filed under Michigan's new "safe
storage" laws that went into effect on Feb. 13.

Under the new law, Michigan residents are required to keep firearms that
are being stored or left unattended on premises unloaded and locked with
a locking device, a locked box or a container if it is "reasonably
known" that a minor will be or could likely be present. The state's
criminal code was also updated for gun safety storage for child access
protection.

If someone does not properly store a gun and a minor obtains it, they
will be held accountable for the crimes in the following ways:

If the minor possesses or exhibits the firearm in a public place or
possesses or exhibits the firearm in the presence of another person in a
careless, reckless or threatening manner: a misdemeanor punishable by
imprisonment for up to 93 days or a fine of up to $500, or both.

If the minor discharges the firearm and injures themselves or another
individual: a felony punishable by imprisonment for up to five years or
a fine of up to $5,000, or both.

If the minor discharges the firearm and inflicts serious impairment of a
body function on themselves or another individual: a felony punishable
by imprisonment for up to 10 years or a fine of up to $7,500, or both.

If the minor discharges the firearm and inflicts death on themselves or
another individual: a felony punishable by imprisonment for up to 15
years or a fine of up to $10,000, or both.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/flint-father-charged-after-2-year-old-daught
er-accidentally-shoots-self/

R. K. B. A.

Feb 21, 2024, 4:14:23 PMFeb 21
>On 30 Mar 2022, pothead <pothe...@gmail.com> posted some
>
>> Fuck charging them. Kill them and get it done with.
>
>Two men have been charged with murder in the deadly shooting at last
>week's Kansas City Chiefs parade, prosecutors announced Tuesday. The
>prosecution of the two men comes after two juvenile suspects were
>separately charged last week in connection with the shooting that killed a
>woman and wounded 22 other people near Union Station shortly after the
>rally celebrating the Chiefs' Super Bowl victory.

Why do you hate guns?

Lincoln Failures

Feb 22, 2024, 4:33:26 AMFeb 22

> Of course he is black and a felon. Ever since Obama was elected,
> blacks don't obey any laws in the USA. That stupid cunt Whitmer
> thinks a law will prevent the lawless from being lawless.

Flint — Genesee County prosecutors have filed the first criminal charges
in Michigan under the state’s new “safe storage” firearms law against a
Flint father whose 2-year-old daughter shot herself in the face with a
loaded gun on Valentine’s Day.

Michael Tolbert, 44, faces multiple charges, including first-degree child
molestation, aggravated violation of Michigan’s firearm retention law,
being a felon in possession of a firearm and ammunition, and lying to a
police officer during the investigation of a violent crime. He is also
charged with multiple counts of possession of a firearm during the
commission of a felony.

Genesee County Prosecutor David Leyton announced the charges during a news
conference Tuesday in Flint.

https://www.detroitnews.com/gcdn/authoring/authoring-
images/2024/02/20/PDTN/72675991007-michael-
tolbert.jpg?width=300&height=382&fit=crop&format=pjpg&auto=webp
Michael Tolbert

The shooting occurred a day after Michigan’s new safe storage law went
into effect.

“Now that we have this in place, our goal was to give prosecutors tools
because with that right comes extraordinary responsibility,” said state
Sen. Kristen McDonald Rivet, a Bay City Democrat who co-sponsored the bill
. “I never imagined we would need it within days of the law coming into
force, but here we are.”

https://infocisco.biz.id/michigans-first-gun-storage-law-case-was-filed-
in-genesee-county/

Nailed by DNA

Feb 22, 2024, 4:51:22 AMFeb 22
On 04 Apr 2022, pothead <pothe...@gmail.com> posted some

> Nailed her. Sterilize her so she can't get knocked up in prison. She
> looks like a prison whore.

A woman has been arrested in Washington state for murder in a cold case
involving the death of her newborn baby at an Arizona airport almost 20
years ago, authorities announced this week.

The newborn's body was found in the trash in a woman's restroom at Sky
Harbor Airport in Phoenix on Oct. 10, 2005, wrapped inside a plastic bag
with the red Marriott hotel logo. It was determined at the time that the
newborn, who was about one day old when she died, had not been born in
the airport bathroom but was abandoned there. A medical examiner later
ruled the baby's death a homicide by suffocation, according to police.

The infant became known to the public as "Baby Skylar." Despite
widespread media attention, no suspects were named and homicide
detectives said the case "went cold after all leads were exhausted."

But modern forensic testing on the baby's body several years ago helped
law enforcement to identify a potential maternal match, which led them
to 51-year-old Annie Anderson, the suspect now charged in the baby's
death. She was visiting Phoenix in October 2005 for a "real estate boot
camp," Lt. James Hester of the Phoenix Police Department told reporters
at a news conference Tuesday.

Anderson admitted during an interview with investigators in January 2022
that she was Baby Skylar's mother, the Phoenix Police Department said in
a news release issued Monday and obtained by CBS News. Investigators had
traveled to Washington state around that time to execute a search
warrant for Anderson after forensic tests were done several months
earlier.

Agents with the FBI Phoenix Violent Crime Task Force worked with Phoenix
Police cold case detectives to arrange those tests in November 2021. In
addition to reviewing existing evidence in the case, which included DNA
samples collected from the airport bathroom that were determined to
belong to the baby's mother, the investigators used genetic genealogy to
help pinpoint DNA samples that could help find her. Once a potential
match was found, they were able to cross-reference it with evidence
originally discovered at the crime scene to identify Anderson as a
suspect.

At Tuesday's briefing, Special Agent Dan Horan, who supervises the FBI
Phoenix Violent Crime Task Force, described genealogy testing an
"identity resolution technique" that uses a publicly available genealogy
database to link family matches to an unknown profile. In Baby Skylar's
case, the genealogy tests identified "someone in the family tree" who
subsequently consented to their DNA sample being used on a one-time
basis to push the investigation along and eventually identify Anderson.
Horan declined to share details about the relative.

A grand jury in Maricopa County ultimately issued an arrest warrant for
Anderson, on a first-degree murder charge, and she is now in custody in
Washington state, police said. Anderson is being held in Washington as
she waits to be extradited back to Arizona. She is expected to face
multiple felony charges when she returns to Phoenix, police said.

https://www.cbsnews.com/miami/news/baby-skylar-cold-case-death-sky-harbor
-airport-phoenix-annie-anderson-arrested/?intcid=CNR-02-0623

Scout

Feb 22, 2024, 8:32:27 AMFeb 22

> On Wed, 21 Feb 2024 09:46:36 -0500, "Scout"
> <me4...@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net> in alt.abortion
> with message-id <ur52h7$37756$3...@dont-email.me> wrote:
>

>>"Attila" <<proc...@here.now> wrote in message
>>> On Wed, 21 Feb 2024 10:52:31 +0100 (CET), Jethro
>>> <jet...@courthouse.org> in alt.abortion with message-id

>>> If these are never used does the state pick up the cost of
>>> maintaining permanent storage?
>>
>>I have some better questions.... if they are children
>
> But if they are abandoned by the donors and not wanted who
> has legal custody? Are they the legal responsibility of the
> donors?

Well, if abandoned they would become wards of the State making Alabama
legally responsible for their care and upbringing..

Yet, another can of worms.

>>Can you deduct them as dependents on your State and Federal income taxes?
>>If they get divorced who gets 'custody' of the children?
>>Do standard child support laws apply?
>>When they have been around for 18-21 years are they now considered adults?
>>At that time could the parents apply for welfare as their adult child is
>>unable to work?
>>If something happens that makes them "wards of the state" will the state
>>continue to pay for their needs until the end of time?
>>
>>Yea, I think the Court screwed the pooch on this one.
>>

> Stupid laws tend to do that and the entire arena of abortion
> abounds with such laws. That is usually the result when the
> law steps into an area where it does not belong.

Well, I can accept that an argument can be made for a fetus at some point..
but a frozen cell?

That seems like a very unreasonable stretch.

I mean by that measure you could claim that donating blood is human
trafficking...