Worked as designed

Baxter

Dec 4, 2021, 4:32:04 PM12/4/21
Nevada court sides with gunmakers in Las Vegas shooting suit
Source: Associated Press

3 minutes ago

CARSON CITY, Nev. (AP) — Nevada’s Supreme Court ruled gun manufacturers
cannot be held responsible for the deaths in the 2017 mass shooting on the
Las Vegas Strip because a state law shields them from liability unless the
weapon malfunctions.

The parents of a woman who was among the 60 people killed in the shooting
at packed music festival filed a wrongful death suit against Colt
Manufacturing Co. and several other gun manufacturers in July 2019.

The suit said the gun companies “knowingly manufactured and sold weapons
designed to shoot automatically because they were aware their AR-15s could
be easily modified with bump stocks to do so, thereby violating federal and
state machinegun prohibitions.”

Read more: https://apnews.com/article/business-shootings-las-vegas-nevada-
gun-politics-c47d1055ddc993d56f696b128e13d784

max headroom

Dec 4, 2021, 5:39:51 PM12/4/21
In news:sogmoh$74o$1...@gioia.aioe.org, Baxter <bax02_s...@baxcode.com> typed:

> Nevada court sides with gunmakers in Las Vegas shooting suit
> Source: Associated Press

> 3 minutes ago

> CARSON CITY, Nev. (AP) - Nevada's Supreme Court ruled gun manufacturers
> cannot be held responsible for the deaths in the 2017 mass shooting on the
> Las Vegas Strip because a state law shields them from liability unless the
> weapon malfunctions....

They got it right.

Klaus Schadenfreude

Dec 4, 2021, 6:20:26 PM12/4/21
On Sat, 4 Dec 2021 21:32:02 -0000 (UTC), Baxter
<bax02_s...@baxcode.com> wrote:

>Nevada court sides with gunmakers in Las Vegas shooting suit
>Source: Associated Press
>
>3 minutes ago
>
>CARSON CITY, Nev. (AP) — Nevada’s Supreme Court ruled gun manufacturers
>cannot be held responsible for the deaths in the 2017 mass shooting on the
>Las Vegas Strip because a state law shields them from liability unless the
>weapon malfunctions.
>
>The parents of a woman who was among the 60 people killed in the shooting
>at packed music festival filed a wrongful death suit against Colt
>Manufacturing Co. and several other gun manufacturers in July 2019.
>
>The suit said the gun companies “knowingly manufactured and sold weapons
>designed to shoot automatically because they were aware their AR-15s could
>be easily modified with bump stocks to do so, thereby violating federal and
>state machinegun prohibitions.”

The right decision was made. The parents should now be forced to pay
court costs, selling their home and possessions if need be.

Baxter

Dec 4, 2021, 10:11:19 PM12/4/21
"max headroom" <maximus...@gmx.com> wrote in
Does that just apply to gun manufacturers, or does it apply to other
devices too?

max headroom

Dec 5, 2021, 2:12:45 AM12/5/21
In news:sohakm$bmv$2...@gioia.aioe.org, Baxter <bax02_s...@baxcode.com> typed:
Do your own homework.

bigdog

Dec 5, 2021, 8:42:34 AM12/5/21
Guns are the only consumer product that needs such protections because the makers of
guns were targets of predatory lawsuits when criminals used their products to commit crimes. If somebody were to bash somebody's skull with a baseball bat, nobody sues the bat company. When a drunken Larry Mahoney crashed into a bus while driving the wrong way on a freeway, killing 27 people, nobody sued the truck maker or the distiller because of
Mahoney's misuse of their products. The Nevada law and the federal Protection of Lawful Commerce Act was needed to prevent predatory lawsuits designed to bankrupt gunmakers and sellers by forcing them to spend millions in legal fees defending themselves against suits that have no merit. The courts can and should now dismiss these frivolous lawsuits from the start.

Scout

Dec 6, 2021, 9:20:23 AM12/6/21

"Klaus Schadenfreude" <klaus.schadenfreude.entfernen.@gmail.com> wrote in
message news:krtnqgp1qbuv026v9...@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 4 Dec 2021 21:32:02 -0000 (UTC), Baxter
> <bax02_s...@baxcode.com> wrote:
>
>>Nevada court sides with gunmakers in Las Vegas shooting suit
>>Source: Associated Press
>>
>>3 minutes ago
>>
>>CARSON CITY, Nev. (AP) - Nevada's Supreme Court ruled gun manufacturers
>>cannot be held responsible for the deaths in the 2017 mass shooting on the
>>Las Vegas Strip because a state law shields them from liability unless the
>>weapon malfunctions.
>>
>>The parents of a woman who was among the 60 people killed in the shooting
>>at packed music festival filed a wrongful death suit against Colt
>>Manufacturing Co. and several other gun manufacturers in July 2019.
>>
>>The suit said the gun companies "knowingly manufactured and sold weapons
>>designed to shoot automatically because they were aware their AR-15s could
>>be easily modified with bump stocks to do so, thereby violating federal
>>and
>>state machinegun prohibitions."
>
> The right decision was made. The parents should now be forced to pay
> court costs, selling their home and possessions if need be.

I do believe they are on the hook for the defense's legal expenses.. that
should be a large number.

Scout

Dec 6, 2021, 9:20:23 AM12/6/21

"Baxter" <bax02_s...@baxcode.com> wrote in message
> Nevada court sides with gunmakers in Las Vegas shooting suit
> Source: Associated Press
>
> 3 minutes ago
>
> CARSON CITY, Nev. (AP) - Nevada's Supreme Court ruled gun manufacturers
> cannot be held responsible for the deaths in the 2017 mass shooting on the
> Las Vegas Strip because a state law shields them from liability unless the
> weapon malfunctions.

Makes perfect sense, no manufacturer should be liable for the criminal
misuse of their product.

If someone's stabbed to death, sue the manufacturer.
Killed with a baseball bat, sue the manufacturer.
Choked to death with a rope, sue the manufacturer

Heck, I understand someone just used a Ford to kill 9 people and injure
about 60 others. Must be a shame that they can't sue Ford for making that
weapon of mass murder.

Klaus Schadenfreude

Dec 6, 2021, 7:43:36 PM12/6/21
On Mon, 6 Dec 2021 22:08:35 -0000 (UTC), Baxter
<bax02_s...@baxcode.com> wrote:

>Sam <sa...@samt.invalid> wrote in news:ui1tqg5s06qal93eiamqeei8q56draa7o0@
>4ax.com:
>> Yeah. If someone in Wisconsin runs over 75 people in a parade then
>> Ford motor company isn't liable either. Life sucks sometimes!
>>

>Was the automobile specifically designed to run over and kill people?

They DELIBERATELY manufacture automobiles that go WAY faster than they
need to, and are hard metal and can easily kill people if you hit
them. People have been using them to kill people for DECADES and
manufacturers have done NOTHING about it. THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Sam

Dec 6, 2021, 8:17:31 PM12/6/21

--
,::::.._
,':::::::::.
_,-'`:::,::(o)::`-,.._
_.', ', `:::::::::;'-..__`.
_.-'' ' ,' ,' ,\:::,'::-`'''
_.-'' , ' , ,' ' ,' `:::/
_..-'' , ' , ' ,' , ,' ',' '/::
_...:::'`-..'_, ' , ,' , ' ,'' , ,'::|
_`.:::::,':::::,'::`-:..'_',_'_,'..-'::,'|
_..-:::'::,':::::::,':::,':,'::,':::,'::::::,':::;
`':,'::::::,:,':::::::::::::::::':::,'::_:::,'/
__..:'::,':::::::--''' `-:,':,':::'::-' ,':::/
_.::::::,:::.-''-`-`..'_,'. ,', , ' , ,' ', `','
,::SSt:''''` \:. . ,' ' ,',' '_,'
``::._,'_'_,',.-'
\\ \\
\\_\\
\\`-`.-'_
.`-.\\__`. ``
``-.-._
`

Baxter

Dec 6, 2021, 8:23:15 PM12/6/21
Sam <sa...@samt.invalid> wrote in news:ui1tqg5s06qal93eiamqeei8q56draa7o0@
4ax.com:

> On Sun, 5 Dec 2021 03:11:18 -0000 (UTC), Baxter
> <bax02_s...@baxcode.com> wrote:
>
>>"max headroom" <maximus...@gmx.com> wrote in
>>
>>> In news:sogmoh$74o$1...@gioia.aioe.org, Baxter
>>> <bax02_s...@baxcode.com> typed:

>>> They got it right.
>>>

>>Does that just apply to gun manufacturers, or does it apply to other
>>devices too?
>
> Yeah. If someone in Wisconsin runs over 75 people in a parade then
> Ford motor company isn't liable either. Life sucks sometimes!

Scout

Dec 7, 2021, 9:19:06 AM12/7/21

"Klaus Schadenfreude" <klaus.schadenfreude.entfernen.@gmail.com> wrote in
message news:kg6tqg112n0p7je9a...@4ax.com...
Heck, 30,000-40,000 people die each year from cars... and that doesn't even
count the suicides.

That's more than a weapon Baxter implies is "specifically designed" to kill
people.

Seems to me that if you really want to kill people the weapon would look
more like.. a car or truck.

Scout

Dec 7, 2021, 9:19:06 AM12/7/21

"Baxter" <bax02_s...@baxcode.com> wrote in message
Yes. Why else do they put bumpers on them? Clearly they are expecting
drivers to hit things with them.

Meanwhile... please name for us a gun that was "specifically designed" to
kill people, then produce the design documentation to support your
allegation.

Klaus Schadenfreude

Dec 7, 2021, 9:35:05 AM12/7/21
Well, we should at least implement

o state-issued licenses requiring passing of some kind of test for
using cars on public roads

o state registration of any motor vehicle operated on a public road

o liability insurance required to operate on any public road.

Then-- and ONLY then-- can the intentional carnage DELIBERATELY
CREATED by auto manufacturers be stopped!!!!!