Kid Nabbed WIth "Illegal Weapon"

Klaus Schadenfreude

Jan 24, 2016, 2:44:29 PM1/24/16
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/16-Year-Old-Found-With-Assault-Rifle-Under-Coat-in-Brooklyn-PD--365944151.html

The 16-year-old was arrested and charged with criminal possession of a
weapon, criminal possession of a firearm and criminal possession of
stolen property.

==========================
"We're also going to charge him with criminal possession of a gun,
criminal possession of a rifle, criminal possession of an arm,
criminal possession of a sling, criminal possession of a bullet,
criminal possession of another bullet, criminal possession of yet
another bullet, criminal possession of a clip, criminal possession of
a magazine, criminal possession of a coat, criminal possession of a
nylon bag, and criminal possession of a strap," said the police
chief. "We oughta be able to make one of them stick."

Dechucka

Jan 24, 2016, 5:11:00 PM1/24/16

"Klaus Schadenfreude" <klausscha...@null.net> wrote in message
> http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/16-Year-Old-Found-With-Assault-Rifle-Under-Coat-in-Brooklyn-PD--365944151.html
>
> The 16-year-old was arrested and charged with criminal possession of a
> weapon, criminal possession of a firearm and criminal possession of
> stolen property.

Good on the cops or maybe the poor boy was just going hunting

Just Wondering

Jan 25, 2016, 12:48:23 PM1/25/16
From the picture and story, it was this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kel-Tec_SUB-2000
In other words, NOT an assault rifle.

Wayne

Jan 25, 2016, 5:02:37 PM1/25/16

"Just Wondering" wrote in message news:Fdtpy.200978$8P4.1...@fx30.iad...

On 1/24/2016 12:44 PM, Klaus Schadenfreude wrote:
> http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/16-Year-Old-Found-With-Assault-Rifle-Under-Coat-in-Brooklyn-PD--365944151.html
>
> The 16-year-old was arrested and charged with criminal possession of a
> weapon, criminal possession of a firearm and criminal possession of
> stolen property.
>
> ==========================
> "We're also going to charge him with criminal possession of a gun,
> criminal possession of a rifle, criminal possession of an arm,
> criminal possession of a sling, criminal possession of a bullet,
> criminal possession of another bullet, criminal possession of yet
> another bullet, criminal possession of a clip, criminal possession of
> a magazine, criminal possession of a coat, criminal possession of a
> nylon bag, and criminal possession of a strap," said the police
> chief. "We oughta be able to make one of them stick."

# From the picture and story, it was this:
# https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kel-Tec_SUB-2000
# In other words, NOT an assault rifle.

True. Assault rifles have been pretty much illegal for years.
It might be an "assault weapon" if the state of NY has specifically defined
it as one in NY.
But, if legally bought, it won't be an "assault weapon" either.

Just Wondering

Jan 25, 2016, 8:11:02 PM1/25/16
On 1/25/2016 3:02 PM, Wayne wrote:
Basically, it's just a long-barreled pistol with a shoulder buttstock.
So it wasn't an assault rifle or an "assault weapon". Those terms are
just name calling by gun control harpies. But it WAS stolen. So there's
no need to vilify the weapon, lock him up on the "possession of stolen
property" charge.

Just Wondering

Jan 25, 2016, 8:14:26 PM1/25/16
Oh, and it's worth point out that there was no violent crime involved,
and since the gun was stolen, making it harder to buy a gun through
legal channels wouldn't have stopped this joker from getting the gun.

Wayne

Jan 25, 2016, 8:38:52 PM1/25/16

"Just Wondering" wrote in message news:FIzpy.164979$8u4....@fx39.iad...

On 1/25/2016 3:02 PM, Wayne wrote:

> "Just Wondering" wrote:
>
> On 1/24/2016 12:44 PM, Klaus Schadenfreude wrote:
>> http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/16-Year-Old-Found-With-Assault-Rifle-Under-Coat-in-Brooklyn-PD--365944151.html
>>
>> The 16-year-old was arrested and charged with criminal possession of a
>> weapon, criminal possession of a firearm and criminal possession of
>> stolen property.
>>
>> ==========================
>> "We're also going to charge him with criminal possession of a gun,
>> criminal possession of a rifle, criminal possession of an arm,
>> criminal possession of a sling, criminal possession of a bullet,
>> criminal possession of another bullet, criminal possession of yet
>> another bullet, criminal possession of a clip, criminal possession of
>> a magazine, criminal possession of a coat, criminal possession of a
>> nylon bag, and criminal possession of a strap," said the police
>> chief. "We oughta be able to make one of them stick."
>>

> # From the picture and story, it was this:
> # https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kel-Tec_SUB-2000
> # In other words, NOT an assault rifle.
>
> True. Assault rifles have been pretty much illegal for years.
> It might be an "assault weapon" if the state of NY has specifically
> defined it as one in NY.
> But, if legally bought, it won't be an "assault weapon" either.

# Basically, it's just a long-barreled pistol with a shoulder buttstock.
# So it wasn't an assault rifle or an "assault weapon". Those terms are
# just name calling by gun control harpies. But it WAS stolen. So there's
# no need to vilify the weapon, lock him up on the "possession of stolen
# property" charge.

Last I checked, there was a CA legal version of that gun. I don't recall
what the difference was, but perhaps it was a feature that stopped it from
being fired with the stock folded.

And you're right. The crime was not a function of what gun it was, and
there was no need to lie about what kind of gun it was. Well, for rational
people there was no need.

Klaus Schadenfreude

Jan 25, 2016, 9:05:21 PM1/25/16
On Mon, 25 Jan 2016 17:38:36 -0800, "Wayne" <mygarb...@verizon.net>
wrote:
I did like the two SEPARATE charges, though- possession of a weapon
and possession of a firearm.

Scout

Jan 26, 2016, 4:42:37 AM1/26/16

"Just Wondering" <fmh...@comcast.net> wrote in message
> [...]
But...but....but....It's black....and looks really really nasty and evil, so
it's clearly has to be one....I mean look at that high capacity detachable
magazine, and that evil pistol grip that has only one purpose....and let's
not forget that it folds.....all signs of nastiness and utter evil. You must
be some sort of gun nut blinded by the evil nature of such guns. Heck I bet
you could even hold one and not feel the least amount of repulsion from
doing so....

:-)