Johns Hopkins study shows lockdowns only reduced COVID-19 death rate by .2%

Leroy N. Soetoro

Feb 14, 2022, 8:13:27 PM2/14/22
https://www.fox5dc.com/news/johns-hopkins-study-shows-lockdowns-only-
reduced-covid-19-death-rate-by-2

Lockdowns during the first COVID-19 wave in the spring of 2020 only
reduced COVID-19 mortality by .2% in the U.S. and Europe, according to a
Johns Hopkins University meta-analysis of several studies.

"While this meta-analysis concludes that lockdowns have had little to no
public health effects, they have imposed enormous economic and social
costs where they have been adopted," the researchers wrote. "In
consequence, lockdown policies are ill-founded and should be rejected as a
pandemic policy instrument."

Free COVID-19 tests: At-home kits expected to arrive this week

The researchers – Johns Hopkins University economics professor Steve
Hanke, Lund University economics professor Lars Jonung, and special
advisor at Copenhagen's Center for Political Studies Jonas Herby –
analyzed the effects of lockdown measures such as school shutdowns,
business closures, and mask mandates on COVID-19 deaths.

"We find little to no evidence that mandated lockdowns in Europe and the
United States had a noticeable effect on COVID-19 mortality rates," the
researchers wrote.

The researchers also examined shelter-in-place orders, finding that they
reduced COVID-19 mortality by 2.9%.

Studies that looked at only shelter-in-place orders found they reduced
COVID-19 mortality by 5.1%, but studies that looked at shelter-in-place
orders along with other lockdown measures found that shelter-in-place
orders actually increased COVID-19 mortality by 2.8%.

The researchers concluded that limiting gatherings may have actually
increased COVID-19 mortality.

"[Shelter-in-place orders] may isolate an infected person at home with
his/her family where he/she risks infecting family members with a higher
viral load, causing more severe illness," the researchers wrote.

"But often, lockdowns have limited peoples’ access to safe (outdoor)
places such as beaches, parks, and zoos, or included outdoor mask mandates
or strict outdoor gathering restrictions, pushing people to meet at less
safe (indoor) places."

The researchers also examined studies that focused on specific lockdown
measures and found that the only intervention that reduced COVID-19
mortality was the closure of non-essential businesses, which reduced
mortality by 10.6%, but this effect was likely driven by the closure of
bars.

Researchers also pointed out other unintended consequences of lockdowns,
such as rising unemployment, reduced schooling, an increase in domestic
violence incidents, and surging drug overdoses.

From May 2020 to April 2021, the U.S. recorded 100,306 drug overdose
deaths, a 28.5% increase from the 78,056 deaths that were recorded in the
previous 12-month period, according to CDC data.

A study from the National Commission on COVID-19 and Criminal Justice last
year found that domestic violence incidents increased 8.1% in the U.S.
after lockdown orders were issued.

About 97% of U.S. teachers said that their students have experienced
learning loss during the coronavirus pandemic, according to a Horace Mann
survey last year.

The unemployment rate peaked nationwide at 14.8% in April 2020, but
declined to 3.9% in December, which is still slightly higher than the 3.5%
rate it was at in February 2020.

"These costs to society must be compared to the benefits of lockdowns,
which our meta-analysis has shown are marginal at best," the researchers
in the Johns Hopkins University study wrote.

"Such a standard benefit-cost calculation leads to a strong conclusion:
lockdowns should be rejected out of hand as a pandemic policy instrument."

--
"LOCKDOWN", left-wing COVID fearmongering. 95% of COVID infections
recover with no after effects.

ballots. Report voter fraud: sf.n...@mail.house.gov

fiasco, President Trump.

queer liberal democrat donors.

BeamMeUpScotty

Feb 14, 2022, 8:23:37 PM2/14/22
What was the +/- error of the study... more than 0.2% I assume!

--
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created
equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable
Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
— That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men,
*deriving their just powers from the consent* of the governed, — That
whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is
the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new
Government,"

It would seem that *MANDATES* are NOT derived from the consent of the
governed. The Constitution doesn't delegate unlimited power to mandate
the governed... become part of a medical experiment.

"This is the classic definition of a “cult,” when facts and real science
are tossed aside for beliefs that contradict the actual facts."

Joe Biden says NO Constitution clause or Amendment (POWERS) or (RIGHTS)
are absolute, if so then where did Joe Biden get the ABSOLUTE POWER TO
MANDATE ANY PERSON BE FORCED OR COERCED TO BE VACCINATED? Think about
that! The Constitution doesn't make Joe Biden King and you/we are NOT
ROYAL property.

-That's karma-

Ubiquitous

Feb 14, 2022, 9:54:21 PM2/14/22
On 2/14/2022 5:13 PM, Leroy N. Soetoro, a right-wingnut convicted child
molester, lied:
> https://www.fox5dc.com/news/johns-hopkins-study-shows-lockdowns-only-
> reduced-covid-19-death-rate-by-2
>
> Lockdowns during the first COVID-19 wave in the spring of 2020 only
> reduced COVID-19 mortality by .2% in the U.S. and Europe

But it kept the hospitals from collapsing.

You lose, you fucking Russian troll.

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Feb 14, 2022, 11:38:18 PM2/14/22
The Johns Hopkins study is a meta study based on a few other papers, many of
them are bullshit anyway. Ask a virologist, not a fucking right wing Turd
on TV; It will never pass peer review.

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Feb 16, 2022, 7:02:15 PM2/16/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Feb 23, 2022, 8:26:19 AM2/23/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Feb 25, 2022, 7:05:15 PM2/25/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Feb 27, 2022, 12:11:25 PM2/27/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Feb 27, 2022, 5:12:29 PM2/27/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Feb 28, 2022, 1:53:11 PM2/28/22

Joe Biden - The White Obama

Feb 28, 2022, 5:05:03 PM2/28/22
Anticipating earlier in December that Sen. Joe Manchin, West
Virginia Democrat, might scuttle his climate plan (which he did Dec.
19 on Fox News), President Biden signed an executive order
commanding that all the electricity that the federal government uses
be from “100 percent carbon pollution-free” sources by 2030.

The order means that federal juice either has to come from zero-
emission sources (like solar and wind) or that any carbon dioxide
emissions be sequestered away, which usually means burying them
underground. There hasn’t been sufficient success with this
“sequestration” to make any dent in the growing global emissions
curve. Mr. Biden’s non-carbon dioxide sources explicitly include
electricity from nuclear fission, which his green allies are doing
their best to put out of business.

Our Energy Information Agency claims fully 40% of our power is
already carbon dioxide-free, with 20% from “renewable” solar energy
and wind turbines, and 20% from nuclear.

Nuclear is pretty much off the table. California is about to shut
its lone nuke plant at Diablo Canyon, which supplies nearly 10% of
the state’s power. Last April, then-Gov. Andrew Cuomo shut down one
of New York’s, the Indian Point plant, which the AP cheekily
headlined “Gone Fission.” There are three reactors remaining in the
state.

So how is the government going to come up with the remaining 60% of
electricity by 2030, which now comes mainly from natural gas (40%)
and coal (20%)? It won’t be made up with nuclear, as there’s only
one new plant in the current pipeline, Georgia Power’s Vogtle plant,
scheduled for a 2024 completion. There’s not likely to be any other
until after 2030.

Mr. Biden’s order means that all of this power is going to come from
wind and solar (non-emitting new hydropower is a political
nonstarter.)

But they are terribly unreliable. The sun is below the horizon half
of the time, and too close to it to produce much electricity for at
least an hour after sunrise and before sunset. Ninety percent of
incoming solar radiation can be blocked by dense overcast. And some
of the coldest temperatures occur when the wind doesn’t stir the
air, which also peaks electricity demand with no supply from the
wind.

Because a stable electrical grid requires stable power, quick backup
can only be provided by maintaining a large reserve of gas-fired
generators. The importance of this became obvious last February in
Texas, when improperly insulated gas plants couldn’t make up for
shortages in wind generation. The Texas grid, which is independent
from the rest of the country, came to within minutes of a complete
black crash, restarting from which would take up to a month. Given
the cold temperatures, that would have been one of the greatest
disasters in U.S. history.

Besides courting disaster, Mr. Biden’s executive order is fantasy.
The government can’t deploy enough solar and wind — let alone making
it reliable — to supply all of its power without carbon dioxide
emissions. There is no battery technology that can reliably
accommodate for the intermittent failures of wind and solar.
Protecting this fragile grid from its obvious inability to supply a
steady stream of power 24/7 will require massive backup from a
nimble source like natural gas.

It’s not clear at all that Mr. Biden — or whoever is handing him the
note cards before he faces the camera — is interacting with reality
when ordering the federal government to do what is simply
impossible.

Fortunately, people are catching on. The likelihood that he will
have any legislative authority after next year’s election is
vanishingly small. The Democratic Party made a deal with unreality
when it thought it could push such a weak and compromised president
for four years without an intervening electoral disaster. Former
President Barack Obama lost 65 House seats because of political
overreach in the 2010 congressional races. Mr. Biden’s poll numbers
— as shown by the generic congressional ballot — are even worse,
much worse. Currently, the largest repudiation of a governing
political party in U.S. history seems not only possible, but likely.

• Patrick J. Michaels is a senior fellow at the CO2 Coalition in
Arlington, Va., and serves on the Board of Directors of the Science
and Environmental Policy Project.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/jan/3/biden-fuels-his-
own-political-disaster-with-energy/

pothead

Mar 1, 2022, 8:39:54 AM3/1/22
On 2022-03-01, 25.BX943 <25B...@nada.net> wrote:
> Every second of the Biden presidency is another vote
> for a GOP alternative .........
>
> Or is that a hundred, or thousand, votes ?
>
> HAS to be if you wanna live.

I've said it before, to the Republicans, Joe Biden is "the gift that keeps on giving".
The Democrats under Joe Biden are doing such a poor job of running the country that they are
going to lose in a landslide this November 2022.
People are fed up with left wing liberal policies which is why you see the Democrats trying to
switch gears and distance themselves from idiocy like defunding the police.
The problem is, it's too late for them. The Democrats are no longer trusted and people are
switching parties in large numbers.

The Republicans need to make sure their party remains united and doesn't split because that
would be the end of them and give up control right back to the Democrats.
Right now with idiots like McConnell, Romney and others this could be a possibility.

--
pothead
Tommy Chong For President 2024

Lefty Lundquist

Mar 1, 2022, 6:23:34 PM3/1/22
You can say it 100 times and it will have the same effect.
Nothing.

--
Lefty Lundquist

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Mar 3, 2022, 6:22:56 PM3/3/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Mar 4, 2022, 7:21:22 PM3/4/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Mar 5, 2022, 6:52:30 PM3/5/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Mar 5, 2022, 7:30:09 PM3/5/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Mar 6, 2022, 5:03:11 PM3/6/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Mar 6, 2022, 7:35:44 PM3/6/22

Sucks To Be You

Mar 6, 2022, 9:35:02 PM3/6/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Mar 7, 2022, 10:54:24 AM3/7/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Mar 7, 2022, 11:20:25 AM3/7/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Mar 7, 2022, 8:05:43 PM3/7/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Mar 8, 2022, 7:48:41 AM3/8/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Mar 9, 2022, 8:23:17 AM3/9/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Mar 10, 2022, 7:42:43 AM3/10/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Mar 10, 2022, 8:32:18 PM3/10/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Mar 11, 2022, 1:36:17 PM3/11/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Mar 14, 2022, 8:56:40 AM3/14/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Mar 15, 2022, 1:36:43 PM3/15/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Mar 16, 2022, 11:34:40 AM3/16/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Mar 17, 2022, 9:25:55 PM3/17/22

Joe Harris

Mar 17, 2022, 11:55:02 PM3/17/22

Chris Cuomo is burning down the house. Perhaps we should stand
back simply to admire the flames.

On Wednesday, Cuomo asked for an arbitrator to award him $125
million because CNN fired him for what even a first-year
journalism student would have understood to be egregious ethical
violations.

Cuomo's Trumpian-style lack of ethics is old news. But his
rationale for demanding enough money to make a tech exec envious
is truly novel: I wasn't the only dishonest journalist on CNN's
payroll.

Cuomo drags Lemon into the mud
Exhibit No. 1 for the plaintiff is Don Lemon, the CNN host whom
Cuomo used to refer to as his "brother." (Which is rich given
how quick Cuomo was to nuke journalistic ethics to bail out his
brother Andrew, the former New York governor.)

In November, actor Jussie Smollett testified under oath that
Lemon had tipped him off that police in Chicago didn't buy his
claim that a pair of MAGA-hat wearing thugs had emerged from a
snowstorm to beat him up and wrap a rope around his neck.

Now, in Lemon's defense, hardly anyone outside the corridors of
CNN believed Smollett's saga when the fable was first told. It
shouldn't have been shocking to learn that Chicago cops, who
hear more credible yarns from truant eighth-graders, had their
doubts.

But I digress. Don Lemon's decision as a self-confessed
journalist to alert Smollett that the cops were on to him was an
ethical breach almost as bad as helping a politician – who just
happens to be your brother – cobble together a defense against
sexual harassment allegations.

“Intervening in the ongoing investigation by texting Smollett
was an inexcusable breach of ethics,” Cuomo's lawyers wrote in
the arbitration filing. “Yet CNN did nothing; Lemon was not
disciplined in any way.”

Inexcusable breach of ethics. Employer looks the other way.
Cuomo knows all about such things.

https://news.yahoo.com/chris-cuomo-burning-down-cnn-
204547616.html

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Mar 19, 2022, 10:34:11 AM3/19/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Mar 19, 2022, 3:20:52 PM3/19/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Mar 19, 2022, 8:18:26 PM3/19/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Mar 21, 2022, 9:18:41 AM3/21/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Mar 22, 2022, 9:07:19 AM3/22/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Mar 22, 2022, 10:33:26 PM3/22/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Mar 23, 2022, 8:53:28 AM3/23/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Mar 23, 2022, 9:06:04 PM3/23/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Mar 23, 2022, 10:26:44 PM3/23/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Mar 24, 2022, 12:31:58 PM3/24/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Mar 25, 2022, 8:15:44 AM3/25/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Mar 25, 2022, 3:54:42 PM3/25/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Mar 25, 2022, 7:50:53 PM3/25/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Mar 26, 2022, 1:10:33 PM3/26/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Mar 26, 2022, 1:10:33 PM3/26/22

Wasn't a 'dumb black vp' enough?

Mar 26, 2022, 8:40:02 PM3/26/22
In article <t1nhe7$35dh9$1...@news.freedyn.de>
Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET <jth...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >On 2/14/2022 5:13 PM, Leroy N. Soetoro, a right-wing genius
>
> I wish I was as smart as Leroy

Blame your parentage.

Wasn't a 'dumb black vp' enough?

Mar 26, 2022, 9:05:03 PM3/26/22
In article <t1nhe7$35dh9$1...@news.freedyn.de>
Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET <jth...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >On 2/14/2022 5:13 PM, Leroy N. Soetoro, a right-wing
> >
> I'm stupid

No argument there.

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Mar 28, 2022, 5:39:28 PM3/28/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Mar 28, 2022, 5:39:29 PM3/28/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Mar 28, 2022, 7:45:52 PM3/28/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Mar 28, 2022, 7:45:53 PM3/28/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Mar 28, 2022, 8:33:34 PM3/28/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Mar 28, 2022, 8:33:36 PM3/28/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Mar 29, 2022, 10:25:44 AM3/29/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Mar 29, 2022, 10:25:45 AM3/29/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Mar 29, 2022, 12:40:36 PM3/29/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Mar 29, 2022, 12:40:37 PM3/29/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Mar 30, 2022, 10:42:47 AM3/30/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Mar 30, 2022, 10:42:48 AM3/30/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Mar 30, 2022, 3:38:03 PM3/30/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Mar 30, 2022, 3:38:03 PM3/30/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Mar 30, 2022, 5:07:46 PM3/30/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Mar 30, 2022, 5:07:46 PM3/30/22

Nancy Pedo Promoting Pelosi

Mar 30, 2022, 6:20:03 PM3/30/22
COVID has never been a lethal global threat. It was simply an
annoynance.

Less than three percent of those infected die, and many of those
were already terminally ill.

Nancy Pelosi and Democrats, aided by the media and government, used
fear and deception to subvert the will of the people.

They stole an election using biowarfare against their own citizens.
That is treason and they should hang.

Note the recent passage of the lynching bill. It has nothing to do
with blacks and everything to do with lynching politicians.

Nancy doesn't care about you or any normal people. She only cares
about perverts and money.

https://digitalassets.lib.berkeley.edu/sfbagals/Coming_Up/1987_CU_Vo
l08_No07_Apr.pdf

Nancy Pedo Promoting Pelosi

Mar 30, 2022, 6:55:02 PM3/30/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Mar 31, 2022, 12:52:50 PM3/31/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Mar 31, 2022, 12:52:52 PM3/31/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Mar 31, 2022, 2:38:57 PM3/31/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Mar 31, 2022, 2:38:59 PM3/31/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Apr 1, 2022, 9:53:37 AM4/1/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Apr 1, 2022, 9:53:38 AM4/1/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Apr 2, 2022, 7:14:23 PM4/2/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Apr 2, 2022, 7:14:28 PM4/2/22

The Great Abortion Scam Of Crafty Democrat Liberals

Apr 2, 2022, 8:55:03 PM4/2/22
Because irresponsible nigger and spic whores get all drunk and
drugged up, then get knocked up by any one of thirty males, maybe
even their own sons.

It's a woman's right to be irresponsible, not take birth control and
screw anybody any time they want.

It's a woman's right to stick taxpayers with the bill for their
unwanted sprogs, thus costing the government hundreds of thousands
of dollars.

Abortion is cheap.

Maybe Democrats got this one right because it helps keep the retard
cockroach population down.

The Great Abortion Scam Of Crafty Democrat Liberals

Apr 2, 2022, 9:10:02 PM4/2/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET

Apr 3, 2022, 7:26:46 AM4/3/22

Trump Is A RUSSIAN ASSET