Time to pay

Baxter

Jun 30, 2021, 11:07:07 PM6/30/21
San Jose Will Force Gun Owners to Cover Costs of Gun Violence After Mass
Shooting

Just five weeks after last month’s massacre at a San Jose light-rail yard
that left nine people dead, the city has taken unprecedented gun-control
action.

In a unanimous vote Tuesday night, San Jose’s city council approved a
national first that will see gun owners being forced to compensate
taxpayers for the spiraling costs of gun violence. According to the San
Francisco Chronicle, gun owners in California’s third-largest city will be
required to take out liability insurance for their firearms, and pay an
annual tax that will help fund emergency responses to gun-related calls.

In a news release ahead of Tuesday night’s vote, San Jose Mayor Sam
Liccardo said: “While the Second Amendment protects the right to bear arms,
it does not require taxpayers to subsidize gun ownership... We won’t
magically end gun violence, but we stop paying for it. We can also better
care for its victims, and reduce gun-related injuries and death.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/san-jose-will-force-gun-owners-to-cover-
costs-of-gun-violence-after-mass-shooting

max headroom

Jul 1, 2021, 7:55:46 AM7/1/21
Unconstitutional, as well as impossible to enforce.

slate_leeper

Jul 1, 2021, 8:44:12 AM7/1/21
On Thu, 1 Jul 2021 03:07:05 +0000 (UTC), Baxter
<bax02_s...@baxcode.com> wrote:

>San Jose Will Force Gun Owners to Cover Costs of Gun Violence After Mass
>Shooting

Only until the court case....

--
Protect your civil rights!
Let the politicians know how you feel.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Klaus Schadenfreude

Jul 1, 2021, 8:45:12 AM7/1/21
<bax02_s...@baxcode.com> wrote:

>San Jose Will Force Gun Owners to Cover Costs of Gun Violence After Mass
>Shooting
>
>Just five weeks after last month’s massacre at a San Jose light-rail yard
>that left nine people dead, the city has taken unprecedented gun-control
>action.
>
>In a unanimous vote Tuesday night, San Jose’s city council approved a
>national first that will see gun owners being forced to compensate
>taxpayers for the spiraling costs of gun violence. According to the San
>Francisco Chronicle, gun owners in California’s third-largest city will be
>required to take out liability insurance for their firearms, and pay an
>annual tax that will help fund emergency responses to gun-related calls.

Laugh laugh laugh laugh.

Scout

Jul 1, 2021, 8:57:01 AM7/1/21

"Baxter" <bax02_s...@baxcode.com> wrote in message
> San Jose Will Force Gun Owners to Cover Costs of Gun Violence After Mass
> Shooting
>
> Just five weeks after last month's massacre at a San Jose light-rail yard
> that left nine people dead, the city has taken unprecedented gun-control
> action.
>
> In a unanimous vote Tuesday night, San Jose's city council approved a
> national first that will see gun owners being forced to compensate
> taxpayers for the spiraling costs of gun violence.

Sorry, but you will need to seek compensation from those who cause the
violence. Specifically violent criminals.

Otherwise, we could sue all publishers for the existence of kiddy porn.

Scout

Jul 1, 2021, 8:57:02 AM7/1/21

"max headroom" <maximus...@gmx.com> wrote in message
Well, they could try, at which point the gun owners could collectively sue
city officials directly under 42USC1983 which would also mean those
officials would be PERSONALLY responsible for paying out the damages...not
use of public monies.

Wouldn't take very much to put every city official in the poor house. Oh,
and the best part is...they have NO immunity from such a suit in federal
court.

Klaus Schadenfreude

Jul 1, 2021, 9:32:04 AM7/1/21
That would be fun to watch.

Making each and every one of them homeless and living "on the street,"
where all those guns are.

[chuckle]

Scout

Jul 1, 2021, 11:31:49 AM7/1/21

"Klaus Schadenfreude" <klaus.schadenfreude.entfernen.@gmail.com> wrote in
message news:4sgrdgd0qvrglkcb4...@4ax.com...
Yep, and they couldn't afford private security either.

And aren't the police being told to look the other way for lesser crimes?