can we really see our selves??......

so_original

Aug 9, 2004, 1:32:53 AM8/9/04
hi there!!!
call me J.K
Trippy Stuff!!!
the thing which is geting me, is that if the future cannot be told, or
seen......could we possibly have some sort of extra very large device,
that will show all around the earth...just imagine that there is a
long optical tube 1/4 along the Earth (many km's) and you can see
through it very clear like a telescope....what will you see? the back
of your head maybe?, the future?, but if could see the back of our
heads....then maybe we could possibly scratch our own backs!!!! (if we
had a long extra strong titanium pole).
what will happen!!!??!?!?!?!

Meme Warrior

Aug 10, 2004, 12:12:45 AM8/10/04

"so_original" <so_or...@mailblocks.com> wrote in message

Actually you would see the past. Only a couple millisecond into the past,
but still the past.

Jack

Aug 28, 2004, 1:05:26 PM8/28/04
"Meme Warrior" <Me...@memeist.com> wrote in message news:<1XXRc.65551$gE.53719@pd7tw3no>...

You actually see that anyway all the time. As soon as it happens, and
the event light hits you, it's already 'the past'. What any of us see
at any time is 'the past'. The present occurs only a split
microsecond before we see it. By the time we see it is already in the
past.

Joey

Sep 1, 2004, 2:56:13 AM9/1/04

> You actually see that anyway all the time. As soon as it happens, and
> the event light hits you, it's already 'the past'. What any of us see
> at any time is 'the past'. The present occurs only a split
> microsecond before we see it. By the time we see it is already in the
> past.

This would also mean that we all are in our own seperate universes
seperated by time.

Jack

Sep 5, 2004, 6:43:48 PM9/5/04
res0...@verizon.net (Joey) wrote in message news:<9e6e1236.04083...@posting.google.com>...

I don't believe there is more than one universe. The universe is
infinite. Time is relative to light, but only when we measure time in
that manner.

Greig

Sep 16, 2004, 10:41:17 AM9/16/04
bgst...@shaw.ca (Jack) wrote in message news:<c19fb194.04090...@posting.google.com>...

So if we think that we cant really seen ourselves then how do we know
who and what we are?