OPERATION MIND CONTROL -- Secret Government War Against Its People

已查看 8 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

ac...@blake.u.washington.edu

未读,
1991年3月1日 23:29:241991/3/1
收件人

----------
(This book is dedicated to those who are obedient to authority. May they
follow in the path of Daniel Ellsberg, L.Fletcher Prouty, Victor Marchetti,
John Marks, and George O'Toole, become responsible, and break free from
the chains of command.)

"Operation Mind Control: Our Secret Government's War Against Its Own People"
BEHIND _The_New_York_Time's_ headlines ... by
BEHIND The Rockefeller Report ... W.H. Bowart
BEHIND The C.I.A.s partial disclosure ... c. 1978
This is the terrifying, documented story!

(Foreword by Richard Condon, author of _The_Manchurian_Candidate_):

The father of Grock the clown, having had his legs broken in eight places
by -his- father for professional reasons, broke Grock's legs in eight places
to be certain that the child would grow up walking grotesquely so as to
ensure his eminence as a clown. The act brought much pain and indignity
forever but, Grock's father reasoned, was there not a wholly justifiable
element involved? Was not the clowning tradition immortally enhanced by
those unnatural legs?

As demonstrated inescapably by Walter Bowart in this book, our Father who
art in the American secret police has endowed hundreds of scientists at
American universities to unravel methods for fracturing American minds. That
this research in so many great halls of learning has exceeded a cost of
untold millions of dollars (the only yardstick remaining by which we are
willing to measure anything) indicates that this Grockian entertainment
being produced by our secret police is a matter of ambiguous policy rather
than the happenstance of cloak-and-dagger adventure.

In this book Walter Bowart has proven each step of this official, terminal,
government anarchy, even though that appears to be a contradiction in terms.
To alter and control human minds is the ultimate anarchy. What is offered
by official apologists as a tribute to the needs of derring-do by romantic
spies are acts of hatred and sadism against all people in an insane and
degraded determination to extirpate conscience from society.

Walter Bowart underwent a long and extensive process to assemble the hard
facts which comprise this book. Each document attesting to secret police
intent had to be ferreted out of government archives by badgering persistence
until, page by page, the information was released to him by his right under
the Freedom of Information Act. The essence of that law seems to be that
one need only write away to a federal agency for information about the
general areas in which the citizen is interested. Not so. Walter Bowart
needed to expend large sums of money to employ researchers in Washington
and elsewhere in order to discover the precise -name-, -number-, and
-description-of-contents- of each document toward which he was groping
through black streams of informational darkness. Without this it would
have been impossible to apply for the transfer of copies of these documents
to himself for this book. He had to comb the United States for people
from many walks of life who knew, vaguely rememberd, or suspected that
they had been under the mind control of secret police with information
gleaned from them to labyrinthine research among thousands of federal
archives.

Please keep fearfully in mind that the astonishing information published
in this seminal work of investigative reporting, concerning avenues taken
to decision and execution by our secret police to fracture or dissolve
human minds, then to operate those minds as a small boy might operate a
Yo-Yo, for purposes of counter-intelligence military "efficiency," and
the destruction of democratic institutions, was drawn directly from federal
records and from official laboratory archives of the highest educational
purpose -- as well as from the reviving memories of those who had already
undergone the dehumanizing process.

The prostitution of the mind by our secret police preceded the murder of
the mind. To attain the advanced techniques now available to "magnetic
and attractive" political personalities, it was necessary to turn out the
laboratories of science as a pimp turns out his heartless whores upon the
winter streets; our hallowed educators, army and navy and air force
commanders and personnel, the beloved medical profession, august and
inspiring temples of the law, our esteemed statesmen, and all Americans
living and dead. Each one of these groups is involved in this dismembering
of the mind. Taxes and the collective conscience make the urination of
the secret police upon the human mind possible. "Brainwashing" per se
is no news to any of us. Controlled assassins are not known to us only
through fiction. Advertising assaults on behalf of poisonous materials
to induce us successfully to buy and consume are early on bastions of
mind control.

No one -- not anyone -- needs theologians to answer the question: "Where
does the soul live?" We know the soul lives in the mind because the soul
is the mind in all of its unfathomably intricate individual conditioning.
It is the mind of intent, of hope, of purpose, of achievement by the
spirit beyond achievement by physical action. When Grock's father broke
his son's legs in eight places there may have been alarm, on the one hand,
that a man could do such a calamitous thing to his son but, on the other,
the same people responded to Grock's genius to which those hopelessly
deformed legs had contributed, and roared with laughter. That was the
normal reaction when we were the audience and crazy-legs Grock was the
clown. But Walter Bowart demonstrates to us in this book that we have
become Grock. We are the spinning, hobbling, waddling clowns in the
eyes of our vivdly delineated secret police.

"Oh no!" (Can you hear the outcry?) Oh, yes, writes Walter Bowart in this
fearful record you now hold in your hands.

Apologists rush in, hired for all such occasions from everywhere, by the
secret government crying out, "You are, as usual, like all of your
exaggerating kind, making a mountain out of a molehill. While it may (or
may not) be true that our secret police occasionally swing the sledgehammer
on little minds, it is (or is not) being done as a patriotic act to protect
our beloved people." They reel backward, hands clutching chests as the
full realization seems to hit them. "My -God-! Bowart -cannot- believe
that our government of the people, by the people, and for the people would
use such loathsome forces against citizens. If such research were done
(or was not done) then it would be for purely -abstract- research reasons
-- for the expansion of human knowledge."

Walter Bowart's book is also a freezing vision of the mutations of the
aspirations of science. Scientists, educators, and their leaders, The
Great Men, having stumbled upon the possibility of controlling the human
mind, might well have withheld this knowledge from the secret police and
brought it forward for all to share, would you not say? If the means are
at hand actually to enter and control the mind -- not through the far-off
smoke signals of psychiatry and pschoanalysis -- can we conceive of what
might be found in terms of medical triumphs, the conquest of pain and of
group hatreds, and mental energy released by unraveling the Gordian knots
of mental perplexity to make one straight laser line that might then pierce
the doubts and fears which beset each one of us? In terms of education
light-years ahead of the educational means we presently employ, in basic
and advanced learning of cultures, languages, and skills; in short,
understanding each other across the face of the world, this development
of Mind Control makes the invention of movable type seem like a primordial
grunt from the shadows of a rain forest lost in time.

What has been achieved by the secret police in relation to mind control
is scrupulously set down in Walter Bowart's extraordinary book. The
question the book puts is this: do you wish this immeasurably important
technique to remain as a weapon to be used -against- you and your children
by what Bowart calls the cryptocracy, or do you wish to use it as a
universal key to unlock a thousand new chances that your children will not
be murdered in future wars?

In an epigraph to this book, Zbigniew Brzezinski measures the political
probabilities of mind control use when he says, "exploiting the latest
communications techniques to manipulate emotion and control reason." Today
our secret police and our military establishment have demonstrated, in
Vietnam and elsewhere (examined by Bowart herein), the powers to create
assassins out of our children. The expansion of these powers, which are
able to turn young men and women into murderous criminals at will, goes
on unchecked by the oft-called "investigative" press, by "moral" leaders
at the bar, in the pulpits, in high government, and on campuses. Yet the
people they call the public have long suspected that it has become
government policy to control minds. If there is general information
abroad on this subject, then consider that which must be at the disposal
of congressional investigating committees as they bugle their determination
to control the powers of darkness within our secret police. Zombie is a
quaint, old-fashioned folklore word but its meaning becomes obscene when
our children's minds are being controlled by any one of dozens of federal
secret police agencies. Have government agencies perfected methods
sustained by the taxpayers to control the minds of the people who shot the
Kennedys, Martin Luther King, and Orlando Letelier, the former Chilean
economist and diplomat? Were the assassins programmed to forget they did
it or were they programmed to do it? We may never know for they stand
bewildered, idiotically grinning for the cameras. Have the techicians
developed a model Giant, Economy-Size Government Assassin which can easily
be turned out by the thousands?

The murders of a few hundred humans by a few hundred other humans is
commonplace enough but, for the flavor of horror and terror, of endless
nightmare rampant upon a landscape of what was once American democracy,
consider this expansion of the Brzezinski epigraph which cannot be repeated
often enough: "In the techtronic society the trend would seem to be toward
the aggregation of the individual support of millions of uncoordinated
citizens, easily within the reach of magnetic and attractive personalities,
effectively exploiting the latest communications techniques to manipulate
and control reason."

The threatening state of American political leadership over the last fifteen
years may seem to murmur that the "magnetic and attractive personalities"
might rather not resist the destruction of democratic institutions by
"effectively exploiting" these shocking gains into the control of minds.
It might even be wise to consider Walter Bowart's real evidence herein,
then to do what we can to protect ourselves if that proud right, with the
love of freedom, has not been atrophied by "the latest communication
techniques."

There is an alternative. We can all forever more be transformed into
the image of Grock the clown.

Richard Condon, author
_The_Manchurian_Candidate_
Kilmoganny, Ireland

Chapter One: The Cryptorian Candidate

It may have been the biggest story since the atom bomb. The headline,
however, was small and ignored the larger issue. "Drug Tests by CIA Held
More Extensive Than Reported in '75," said the _New_York_Times on July 16,
1977. What it should have said is "U.S. Develops Invisible Weapons to
Enslave Mankind."

The testing of drugs by the CIA was just a part of the United States
government's top-secret mind-control project, a project which had spanned
thirty-five years and had involved tens of thousands of individuals. It
involved techniques of hypnosis, narco-hypnosis, electronic brain stimula-
tion, behavioral effects of ultrasonic, microwave, and low-frequency sound,
aversive and other behavior modification therapies. In fact, there was
virtually no aspect of human behavioral control the memory and will of both
individuals and whole masses of people.

The CIA succeeded in developing a whole range of psycho-weapons to expand
its already ominous psychological warfare arsenal. With these capabilities,
it was now possible to wage a new kind of war -- a war which would take
place invisibly, upon the battlefield of the human mind.

"Literature always anticipates life," Oscar Wilde said. "It does not copy
it, but molds it to its purpose." By Wilde's definition, then, Richard
Condon's _The_Manchurian_Candidate_ is literature.

Condon published his tour de force in 1958. It was the story of an American
Army sergeant who was captured by the enemy during the Korean conflict and,
in an improbable nine days, was hypno-programmed to murder on cue. The
sergeant returned to the United States and was post-hypnotically triggered
to kill by the sight of the queen of diamonds in a deck of cards. The
sergeant automatically killed several people, among them a candidate for
President of the United States. After he killed, his memory of the event
was forever sealed by amnesia.

At the time _The_Manchurian_Candidate_ was published, few people in the
world, Richard Condon included, knew that total control of the mind was
possible. Condon was writing fiction: he had merely read up on popular
Pavlovian contitioning manuals and imagined the rest. He had no way of
knowing then that mind control had already been the subject of eighteen
years of research within agencies of the U.S. government. The tricks of
mind control he described were later employed (right down to the queen of
diamonds cue) by programmers of real political assassins who developed
foolproof techniques for the control of thought, memory, emotions, and
behavior.

_The_Manchurian_Candidate_ brought the idea of "brainwashing" to public
consciousness. Brainwashing is the use of isolation, deprivation, torture,
and indoctrination to break the human will. But what the book actually
described was something more than brainwashing. It was mind control: a
total takeover of an individual's mind by someone else. The someone else
in Condon's version was a mad Chinese psycho-scientist. Always the satirist,
Condon brought the Fu Manchu myth up to date. But, ironically, the
techniques he described were first perfected and used not by the Chinese
or the Communists, but by the United States.

Condon's portrait of POWs during the Korean conflict went against the
accepted scientific and medical opinion of the time, which held that a man
could not be made to commit a criminal act against his own will or inner
moral code by -any- known means. Although Condon's book was not completely
on target about the details of GI mind control, he did accurately describe
some of the motives, coercive methodology, and psychological results of
real-life mind control.

The psychological techniques described in _The_Manchurian_Candidate_ were to
become a reality less than a decade after Condon saw his story set in type.
As if Condon's fiction had been used as the blueprint, a group of hypno-
programmed "zombies" were created. Some were assassins prepared to kill on
cue. Others were informers, made to remember minute details under hypnosis.
Couriers carried illegal messages outside the chain of command, their
secrets secured behind posthypnotic blocks. Knowledge of secret information
was removed from the minds of those who no longer had the "need to know" --
they were given posthypnotic amnesia.

The ordinary foot soldiers who fought in the dirty, televised Vietnam
conflict were released to civilian life without debriefing. For them there
was no "decompression" from the rage of war. They were released with all the
reflexes of trained assassins intact.

Those who had been conditioned in the black science of the war of torture,
terror, and technology were debriefed with special attention. Their memories
were so completely erased before they were turned out of the military that
they returned to civilian life with only the minimum, fragmented knowledge
of who they were or what they had done. The rest of their memories had been
smudged or removed by drugs, hypnosis, behavior modification, conditioned
reflex therapy, or some other evil wonder of mind control.

I encountered my first case of mind control in the midst of the Watergate
scandal. A young man I'd known since childhood had returned from a tour of
duty in the U.S. Air Force, with amnesia, remembering nothing of his service
years, except having had a good time. He subsequently learned, through
intensive private psychotherapy, that he'd been hypnotized and conditioned.
His mind had been unmade, then remade: his mind had been controlled.

I was completely fascinated by his story, but naturally, in 1973, I thought
it was an isolated, single event. Then, quite by accident, a few months
later, I overheard another man in my hometown telling what was essentially
the same story: how he figured he'd been hypnotized and had his memory
erased at a "debriefing" prior to his separation from military service.

After hearing the second story I began to wonder how many more men had had
their memories erased. I decided to run the following classified ad:
"Researcher/writer interested in contacting anyone with knowledge of the use
of hypnosis by the military, including ex-servicemen who have reason to
believe they were hypnotized (or drugged) while in the service and
subsequently exhibited signs of amnesia or hypermnesia (improved memory).
All info held in strictest confidence ... "

I placed the ad in _Soldier_of_Fortune_ (a magazine which reports on the
activities of mercenaries), a number of small publications aimed at
hypnotists, behaviorists, neurologists, and other professionals, and
popular magazines such as _Rolling_Stone_. To my amazement, I received more
than a hundred replies to the ad. Many stated that they had amnesia.

Ignoring the obvious crank letters, I followed up on the others and discovered
that many men were unable to say just what had caused their loss of memory.
In some cases, it was obviously a result of the trauma of war -- what came
to be called "the post-Vietnam syndrome." So I concentrated on those who
had not seen combat but who either had high security clearances or were
employed at the periphery of the intelligence services.

Letter and telephone exchanges narrowed the field down to eighteen persons
who fit the pattern of the first two men who had reported their amnesia to me.
All eighteen had had security clearances -- and could only recall isolated
events from their GI experience. I narrowed the field still further to those
who remembered enough to have at least some idea, however fragmentary and
incomplete, of what had happened to them.

Their stories were believable, but they shed little light on how amnesia
had been induced and what behavior had been controlled. To answer those
deeper questions I went to the libraries, and after two years of research I
was able to find enough scientific reports and government documents to tell
the whole story of what I call Operation Mind Control.

Though the documented trail of mind control extends back many decades, it was
not always called by that name. The church and state have always engaged in
psychotheology and psycho-politics, the psychological manipulation of belief,
opinion, and actions for political and/or religious ends. But the complete
control of the human mind was only managed in the late 1940s. Therefore,
my research is concentrated on the period from 1938 to the present, the
period during which I found there was an effort made by the agencies of the
U.S. government to develop sophisiticated techniques of psycho-politics and
mind control.

The objective of Operation Mind Control during this period has been to take
human beings, both citizens of the United States and citizens of friendly
and unfriendly nations, and transform them into unthinking, subconsciously
programmed "zombies," motivated without their knowledge and against their
wills to perform in a variety of ways in which they would not otherwise
willingly perform. This is accomplished through the use of various techniques
called by various names, including brainwashing, thought reform, behavior
modification, hypnosis, and conditioned reflex therapy. For the purposes of
this book the term "mind control" will be used to describe those techniques
generically. * (*Various meditation groups use the words 'mind control' to
describe meditation, contemplation, and self-hypnosis; all these are usually
harmless if not beneficial practices. These techniques might more properly
be called 'mind self-control,' for the individuals who use them seek control
over their -own- minds and bodies to obtain desired effects. The mind control
examined in this book is the control of one individual's mind by another.)

Mind control is the most terrible imaginable crime because it is committed not
against the body, but against the mind and the soul. Dr. Joost A.M. Meerloo
expresses the attitude of the majority of psychologists in calling it "mind
rape," and warns that it poses a great "danger of destruction of the spirit"
which can be "compared to the threat of total physical destruction ..."

Development of mind control was accomplished largely through the efforts of
individual psychologists, psychiatrists, and chemists, working in isolated
conditions under government contract. Each researcher or research team was
allowed to know only what he or she needed to know to accomplish his or her
fragment of the research or testing. The contracts were let through a
number of government and private agencies and foundations so that the
researchers were, by and large, ignorant as to the intended use of their
research.

While the CIA was a major funder of the mind-control research, virtually
every major government agency became in some way knowingly or unwittingly
involved. While I began my research believing that a "cult of intelligence"
was behind the mind-control program, I found that there is, in fact, no
single originating force, but several. The operation is too widespread and
complex for it to be created by a "cult." If a cult there must be, then it
is a cult within a cult, in an interlocking chain of invisible mini-governments
with unwritten rules, unwritten plans, and unwritten loyalties. It is the
plan of a secret bureaucracy -- what I call a cryptocracy -- which conspires
against our laws and our freedoms.

"Cryptocracy" is a compound of -crypto-, meaning "secret," and --cracy-,
meaning "rule, government, governing body." The cryptocracy, then, is the
secret government whose identity and whereabouts have slowly and reluctantly
been hinted at by the Congress thorugh its investigations into Watergate, the
CIA, and the rest of the intelligence community.

While the CIA, near the top of the intelligence pyramid, has been drawing
most of the fire, the evidence of a cryptocracy clearly implicated the
National Security Agency, the Defense Intelligence Agency and its subsidiaries
in military intelligence, as well as the civil service. The alliance
extends even among private contractors and institutions and religious
organizations. With Central Intelligence in the vanguard, the cryptocracy
is composed of persons operating within the Office of Naval Intelligence,
Army Intelligence, Air Force Intelligence, Department of Justice, Department
of Health, Education and Welfare, Bureau of Prisons, Bureau of Narcotics,
Atomic Energy Commission, Veterans' Administration, General Services Adminis-
tration, National Science Foundation, and even major American corporations,
especially certain airlines, oil companies, and aerospace contractors.

The cryptocracy invades the privacy of citizens and corporations. It meddles,
often violently, in the internal politics of foreign nations, and has hired,
trained, and equipped mind-controlled assassins for the murder of heads of
state. The cryptocracy may have been involved in attempts to control U.S.
elections. It may control key figures in the U.S. and world press.

The story within the story, I discovered, is an astonishing one of a
psychological war waged by this U.S. cryptocracy against the American people.
The scientific reports and histories place the story in time, and at the
government's door. However, the literature of the cryptocracy ignores the
very real human factor. There is no written record of the mental anguish,
the torture to the soul that comes from the loss of memory and the resulting
identity crisis. That mental anguish is the human story of mind control.

The stories that follow are told by the failures of Operation Mind Control --
failures because the victims remember -something-; for where mind control is
successful there is no memory left.* (*Due to editorial considerations, many
of the stories I uncovered have been left on the editing room floor. Each
individual in this book stands for and tells the story of many victims of
mind control. In many cases the individuals I interviewed believed their
lives or sanity would be in danger if their names were made public. I have
honored that concern and have withheld real names and places when so requested.
Except in these details, the first-person storeis in this book are completely
true.)

One of the characters in _The_Manchurian_Candidate_ described his recurring
dream that resulted from the suppression of memory. "It's not so much that
I can't sleep. It's more that I'd rather not sleep. I'm walking around
punchy because I'm scared. I keep having the same nightmare ..." The
nightmare Condon's hero described was actually the memory of having killed
on cue. On stage, before an audience of Communist mind controllers, he
strangled one of his fellow soldiers with a scarf, and blew out another's
brains with a high-powered pistol at point blank range. Several of the men
I interviewed had dreams which could have been written by Condon.

Tex was an army sergeant stationed in the Mediterranean area. He came back
from service with amnesia. But in his dreams a vivid scene was replayed again
and again: "In the dream my buddy -- I know him real well, we've shared
things together -- my buddy is taken with his hands behind his back. I'm
standing in rank in a line of other soldiers and we are like a firing squad.
I keep thinking I won't shoot my friend, I'll turn the rifle on the
commander. But we don't have any rifles. My buddy is marched into an open
area in front of us with his hands tied behind his back. He is blindfolded
and some Ay-rab is talking to him, or reading to him. Another Ay-rab comes
up and hits him behind the knees with a rifle butt and he falls to a kneeling
position. Then while he's on his knees, one of the Ay-rabs takes a big
sword and cuts his head off. His neck squirs blood, but surprisingly little.
... his head rolls on the ground. His face has a peaceful expression. His
body twitches and squirms like a chicken... That's when I always wake up..."

So Condon was right. In their sleep, the memories of atrocities surface to
vivid awareness among the victims of mind control. Night after night
terrible images, suppressed by deeply conditioned responses, emerge as
terrifying nightmares. Are they mythological? The stuff of dreams? Or
are they recovered memories? Tex's dream is a mere fragment of more than
1,200 pages of such testimony.

[ Back Cover Blurb: For Over 25 Years The CIA Has Been Developing A Technology
of Terror!
Its Purpose: "to devise operational techniques to disturb the memory, to
discredit people through aberrant behavior, to alter sex
patterns, to elicit information and to create emotional
independence."
Its Goal: "to program individuals to carry out any mission of espionage or
assassination, even against their will ... even against such
fundamental laws of nature as self-preservation."
NOW ... against a background of more than 2,000 CIA documents, and 1,200
pages of testimony,
OPERATION MIND CONTROL
tells the story of our hidden government's "failures" -- those
people who, despite "memory smudging" techniques can still recall
and relate the shocking details of their experience.

EVERY AMERICAN SHOULD KNOW WHAT IS IN THIS BOOK!

Kent Paul Dolan

未读,
1991年3月2日 22:04:271991/3/2
收件人
That jewel of a posting puts semantically loaded tommyrot in an even worse
than usual place among the productions of mankind.

Kent, the man from xanth.
<xant...@Zorch.SF-Bay.ORG> <xant...@well.sf.ca.us>

Jan Willem Nienhuys

未读,
1991年3月3日 10:45:341991/3/3
收件人
In article <17...@milton.u.washington.edu> ac...@blake.u.washington.edu ( ) writes:
[deleted]

I read about a proza generation trick once. You start with a huge table
of transition probabilities for words and text fragments. Then let your random
generator crank out words according to this table. RACTER is a program that
does so.

I sincerely believe the following three:
(1) the article of ac...@blake.etc was generated by a similar program
(2) when having to choose between the hypothesis of a fiendishly clever
plot and the hypothesis of outright stupidity and greed,
Occams razor tells me to choose the second explanation
(3) This stuff does not belong to sci.skeptic. Mind the followup line.

JWN

davidk...@gmail.com

未读,
2019年5月12日 03:11:142019/5/12