monkey logic

RichD

Sep 11, 2021, 7:50:08 PM9/11/21
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Can apes think logically?

Basic logic:
A and B ==> true if both are true
A or B ==> true if one is true
if A, then B ==> self explanatory

Do gorillas or chimps use this type of thinking?
We can't ask them (poor English skills, due to their
inferior schools, the result of speciesism and a
legacy of cagery), but are there indications that they do?

They conduct warfare, hunt in groups, they have
some forms of communication. Such behavior
must involve some reasoning ability.

Early humans, and other hominids, behaved similarly.
It's hard to believe any creature could demonstrate such
intelligence without some reasoning abilities.

--
Rich

Bob Casanova

Sep 11, 2021, 9:35:09 PM9/11/21
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Sat, 11 Sep 2021 16:46:53 -0700 (PDT), the following
appeared in talk.origins, posted by RichD
<r_dela...@yahoo.com>:

>Can apes think logically?

One would hope so, but many would probably claim that we
can't.
Bob C.

'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'"

- Isaac Asimov

israel socratus

Sep 13, 2021, 8:45:09 AM9/13/21
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Sunday, September 12, 2021 at 2:50:08 AM UTC+3, RichD wrote:
> Can apes think logically?
>
> Basic logic:
> A and B ==> true if both are true
> A or B ==> true if one is true
> if A, then B ==> self explanatory
> Rich
----
Basic logic:
Light and wave ==> true if both are true
Light and wave ==> true if one is true
If Light, then wave (and vice versa) ==> needs explanatory
===

jillery

Sep 13, 2021, 10:30:09 AM9/13/21
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
You just showed that at least one ape can't think logically.

--
You're entitled to your own opinions.
You're not entitled to your own facts.