David Attenborough's Nature Quiz

jillery

May 29, 2016, 1:54:44 AM5/29/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Thanks to Jerry Coyne for posting this link. It's not a quiz from
David Attenborough about nature, but is instead a quiz about David
Attenborough's Nature documentaries.

<http://phenomena.nationalgeographic.com/2016/05/06/the-really-hard-david-attenborough-birthday-quiz/>

There is an alleged really hard quiz, and an alleged really, really
hard quiz. I got 6 right on the first one, 5 on the second. This is
better than Coyne did, but as I said, the quiz is more about how much
one knows about Attenborough nature videos than about nature.

Still, one can learn something interesting just by taking the tests.
--
This space is intentionally not blank.

RonO

May 29, 2016, 8:09:45 AM5/29/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
I bow to your knowledge of Nature videos.

Ron Okimoto

RonO

May 29, 2016, 12:59:43 PM5/29/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
In reading this it sounds condescending, but I only remembered one of
the quotes and on the others there are too many scientifically correct
alternatives that it is just guessing.

Ron Okimoto

jillery

May 29, 2016, 2:34:43 PM5/29/16
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Sun, 29 May 2016 11:59:21 -0500, RonO <roki...@cox.net> wrote:

>On 5/29/2016 7:05 AM, RonO wrote:
>> On 5/29/2016 12:52 AM, jillery wrote:
>>> Thanks to Jerry Coyne for posting this link. It's not a quiz from
>>> David Attenborough about nature, but is instead a quiz about David
>>> Attenborough's Nature documentaries.
>>>
>>> <http://phenomena.nationalgeographic.com/2016/05/06/the-really-hard-david-attenborough-birthday-quiz/>
>>>

>>> There is an alleged really hard quiz, and an alleged really, really
>>> hard quiz. I got 6 right on the first one, 5 on the second. This is
>>> better than Coyne did, but as I said, the quiz is more about how much
>>> one knows about Attenborough nature videos than about nature.
>>>
>>> Still, one can learn something interesting just by taking the tests.
>>>

>> I bow to your knowledge of Nature videos.
>>
>> Ron Okimoto
>>

>In reading this it sounds condescending, but I only remembered one of
>the quotes and on the others there are too many scientifically correct
>alternatives that it is just guessing.

I have never heard anyone else describe David Attenborough as
condescending.