Fake pictures used to premote creationsim!!!!

1 view

chmc

Jun 15, 2004, 3:52:40 PM6/15/04
My nephew has a Noah's ark toy, and the picture on the box is clearly fake!
For example, the giraffes wear unnatural smiles, and the crocodiles are
unconcerned that monkeys are sitting on their backs.

And yet creationists persist in using these pictures to try to "prove"
creationism! Have they no shame?!

Richard S. Crawford

Jun 15, 2004, 3:59:16 PM6/15/04
chmc wrote:

Nope. None.

386sx

Jun 15, 2004, 4:22:46 PM6/15/04
chmc writes:

They don't use those pictures to prove creationism, but they have been known
to employ such imagery devices to influence impressionable people. When
they get down to the business of proving creationism they turn to better
sources, such as Dembski, Wells, and books that have talking donkeys and
magic floating boats and magic sticks that create frogs from out of nothing.
(Note: the latter of those sources is generally considered to be the most
authoritative.)

--
http://www.rae.org/raelian.html

Harlequin

Jun 15, 2004, 5:16:08 PM6/15/04
"chmc" <ch...@chmc.org> wrote in

I have never seen a single person use drawing of Noah's Ark as
proof of the Ark.

Also, AiG founder Ken Ham has actually objected to such images.
The reason is that they make the Ark seem a bit absurd and
thus make people more likely to reject YECism.

(Yeah, the story is absurd whether it has pretty pictures for
the kiddies or not...)

--
Anti-spam: replace "usenet" with "harlequin2"

"...To deny that basic concepts of historical method with respect to
evolution is worse than just denying science; it is denying simple
common sense. Down that road lies only solipsism or schizophrenia,
neither of which can be used for examination of the outside world."
- Daniel Harper

ElephantInDaRoom

Jun 15, 2004, 5:16:31 PM6/15/04
you are fucking stupid!

chmc

Jun 15, 2004, 5:37:03 PM6/15/04

"ElephantInDaRoom" <elephant...@aol.com> wrote in message
> you are fucking stupid!

Sticks and stones and crap like that...

Thomas H. Faller

Jun 15, 2004, 5:40:47 PM6/15/04
ElephantInDaRoom wrote:

> you are fucking stupid!

Murphy's Slaw

1 qt. shredded raw cabbage
1 pt. mayonaise or sour cream
1 tbsp. dill
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. fresh pepper (ground)
1 bucket of stupid

Tom Faller

Mark VandeWettering

Jun 15, 2004, 6:04:25 PM6/15/04
On 2004-06-15, ElephantInDaRoom <elephant...@aol.com> wrote:

> you are fucking stupid!

Nah, that's what people tell your girlfriend.

Mark

R.Schenck

Jun 15, 2004, 8:14:04 PM6/15/04
"chmc" <ch...@chmc.org> on 15 Jun 2004 posted

no, you guys don't have any shame. for example, the above.

VoiceOfReason

Jun 15, 2004, 10:44:14 PM6/15/04
Mark VandeWettering <wett...@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<slrnccusku.1...@fishtank.brainwagon.org>...

LMAO! Hell, if nothing else, Smurph's new incarnation has massive
opportunities for the evolution of comedy.

... Evilutionismistically speaking, of course.

MurphyInOhio

Jun 16, 2004, 12:53:31 AM6/16/04
>chmc

I was hoping "we" could slip that bit of propaganda under the radar of
Evolutionists, but...now I see it will be necessary to cook up an apologetic
website to try and damage control this before it hemorrhages beyond repair.
Try www.talkdotmorefakeorigins

Greg G

Jun 16, 2004, 6:17:06 AM6/16/04
elephant...@aol.com (ElephantInDaRoom) wrote in message news:<20040615171622...@mb-m03.aol.com>...
> you are fucking stupid!

Is this ElephantTurdInOhio?

Lab Rat

Jun 16, 2004, 8:22:30 AM6/16/04
murphy...@wmconnect.com (MurphyInOhio) wrote in message news:<murphy-20040616005...@mb-m01.wmconnect.com>...

Murphy, your trolling is getting more Nordic by the minute.
Ratty

Richard S. Crawford

Jun 16, 2004, 12:05:11 PM6/16/04
ElephantInDaRoom wrote:

> you are fucking stupid!

Ah! Christian love!

Hank

Jun 16, 2004, 12:29:21 PM6/16/04

A good recipe to have when annoying people show up at the door.

--
Assimilate a pitiful little species like you? I think not! - Q of Borg

Bigdakine

Jun 16, 2004, 2:37:04 PM6/16/04
>Subject: Re: Fake pictures used to premote creationsim!!!!
>From: elephant...@aol.com (ElephantInDaRoom)
>Date: 6/15/04 11:16 AM Hawaiian Standard Time
>
>you are fucking stupid!

Take a powder.

Stuart
Dr. Stuart A. Weinstein
Ewa Beach Institute of Tectonics
"To err is human, but to really foul things up
requires a creationist"

chmc

Jun 16, 2004, 3:02:11 PM6/16/04

"Hank" <Ha...@Company.com> wrote in message
I am of course fucking stupid, but I think that just makes it even more
shameful for Smurphy to be trolled that easily by me.

Graham Shevlin

Jun 16, 2004, 7:50:44 PM6/16/04
On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 21:16:31 +0000 (UTC), elephant...@aol.com
(ElephantInDaRoom) wrote:

>you are fucking stupid!
And you're a rude jerk. What's your point?