Lambda-CDM is wrong!

jillery

Sep 13, 2021, 10:50:09 AMSep 13
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
The following is a link to a 10-minute lecture by Sabine Hossenfelder,
who is a theoretical physicist and Research Fellow at the Frankfurt
Institute for Advanced Studies. The lecture identifies multiple lines
of evidence that is contrary to a fundamental premise of the
Lambda-CDM cosmological model, that at the largest scales, the amount
of matter in our observable universe is uniformly distributed.

If Sabine's arguments are correct, then the claims that the expansion
of our universe is accelerating, and there exists dark energy, are
false. And the reported difference in the calculated age of the
Universe from CMB data and from distant-supernova data, disappears.

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JETGS64kTys>

--
You're entitled to your own opinions.
You're not entitled to your own facts.

Glenn

Sep 13, 2021, 11:45:09 AMSep 13
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Monday, September 13, 2021 at 7:50:09 AM UTC-7, jillery wrote:
> The following is a link to a 10-minute lecture by Sabine Hossenfelder,
> who is a theoretical physicist and Research Fellow at the Frankfurt
> Institute for Advanced Studies. The lecture identifies multiple lines
> of evidence that is contrary to a fundamental premise of the
> Lambda-CDM cosmological model, that at the largest scales, the amount
> of matter in our observable universe is uniformly distributed.
>
> If Sabine's arguments are correct, then the claims that the expansion
> of our universe is accelerating, and there exists dark energy, are
> false. And the reported difference in the calculated age of the
> Universe from CMB data and from distant-supernova data, disappears.
>
> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JETGS64kTys>

"The evidence for dark energy is heavily dependent on the theory of general relativity."
"Astrophysicist Ethan Siegel states that, while such alternatives gain a lot of mainstream press coverage, almost all professional astrophysicists are confident that dark energy exists, and that none of the competing theories successfully explain observations to the same level of precision as standard dark energy."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_energy#Direct_observation

One conjecture is that this particular area of science has always been tainted by the religious implications of an existence suddenly appearing out of nothing. Perhaps a more conventional type of vacuum should be employed. Or does dark energy really pop in and out of existence...

jillery

Sep 13, 2021, 2:25:09 PMSep 13
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Mon, 13 Sep 2021 08:40:54 -0700 (PDT), Glenn <GlennS...@msn.com>
wrote:
I only now noticed that you cited this same Youtube video a week ago,
in another topic. My bad.

Not sure on what basis you frame your question above.