Snowball Earth and

JTEM is my hero

Sep 23, 2023, 2:30:46 AM9/23/23
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org

Dimethyl sulfide.

You've heard about the biosignatures found on the
planet K2-18b, including what looks like dimethyl
sulfide, a tasty little morsel known on earth only
from life and/or human industry.

It comes from plankton, apparently...

You know about the Great Oxidation Event, right?
Something around 2 billion years ago, the planet
crazy with oxygen emitting microbes, the
atmosphere got so saturated that things started
to oxidize -- "Rust," baby! -- and said life started to
become non life i.e. dead, as oxygen was poison
to it.

Hence; "The Great Oxidation Event," which was the
first ever mass extinction.

Now what if Snowball Earth got kicked off the same
way?

Life.

Plankton.

Dimethyl sulfide.

Sulfur can be a very nasty thing in our atmosphere.
For starters, it's a planet cooler!

(Coal is the biggest sulfur criminal of all the fossil
fuels)

The sulfur converts into an aerosol and bounces
sunlight -- energy from the sun -- back out into
space. It's gone. And if the atmosphere was
saturated by life with this Dimethyl sulfide stuff
the same way earlier life had poured on the
oxygen, that could have caused or at least
contributed to Snowball Earth.

READ YOUR GRETA GOSPELS! Memorize the
Gwobull Warbling narrative: CO2 is supposed
to stay in the atmosphere for 300 to a thousand
years, as NASA is ordered to report. Well that's
nowhere near enough time to warm up the
earth after a single VEI8 volcano!

It took over a thousand years to live down the
effects of the Toba eruption. over 70k years
ago. The Younger Dryas cooling lasted over a
thousand years, and pretty much all of science
outside of another government agency, NOAA,
think it was caused by the impact of an object
from space or a super volcano...

So if life had saturated the atmosphere with
Dimethyl sulfide, to the point that it was driving
some cooling, and there was a period of major
volcanic activity, we're talking a double-doom
scenario here!

See, The Great Oxidation Event happened NOT
because oxygen is yucky and we need to pay
Greta and Extinction Rebellion to get rid of the
stuff. It was so terrible because there was no
balance.

Yet.

The atmosphere had never been saturated
with oxygen before so the planet, life had
never found a balance. Life had evolved
WITHOUT all the oxygen in the air, and now
suddenly here it was... THEY WERE
BREATHING THE STUFF AND EVERYTHING!

No wonder they all died!

So what if something along the same lines
happened with Dimethyl sulfide. All this
planet-cooling stuff was getting pumped into
the air and, like The Great Oxidation Event,
may have tipped an unprepared world off
balance. Or, all the Dimethyl sulfide billowed
by life sent everything critical during a
period of heavy volcanic activity.

AND DON'T BOTHER GOOGLING ANY OF
THIS!

Science is gone. Journalism is gone. It's all
100% Gwobull Warbling 100% of the time.

Nothing real.

And it's all self refuting. If you don't believe
me then, yes, Google it. Read about the
shithead claims volcanoes caused Snowball
Earth but then the CO2 they gushed warmed
the planet and stopped it.

Snowball Earth lasted for MILLIONS of years!

MILLIONS.

So unless you now want to pretend that CO2
is eternal, volcanoes could not have both
caused Snowball Earth and stopped it.

Impossible.

BECAUSE the goddamn CO2 they let out
when they erupted can't stay in the atmosphere
for millions of years!

You'd need more volcanoes... and the claim is
that volcanoes froze the planet so we're back
to Square-1.

Yes, it's another "Ah, science!" moment brought
to you by the ruling elite... "If you only backed
hyper regressive taxation, like we said, none of
this would have happened!"

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/728625463760650240

jillery

Sep 23, 2023, 10:15:46 PM9/23/23
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Fri, 22 Sep 2023 23:26:36 -0700 (PDT), JTEM wrote:

>Dimethyl sulfide.
>
>You've heard about the biosignatures found on the
>planet K2-18b, including what looks like dimethyl
>sulfide, a tasty little morsel known on earth only
>from life and/or human industry.
>
>It comes from plankton, apparently...
>
>You know about the Great Oxidation Event, right?
>Something around 2 billion years ago, the planet
>crazy with oxygen emitting microbes, the
>atmosphere got so saturated that things started
>to oxidize -- "Rust," baby! -- and said life started to
>become non life i.e. dead, as oxygen was poison
>to it.
>
>Hence; "The Great Oxidation Event," which was the
>first ever mass extinction.
>
>Now what if Snowball Earth got kicked off the same
>way?

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowball_Earth>
Cite these "shithead claims". It's almost certain you made them up.

--
To know less than we don't know is the nature of most knowledge

JTEM is my hero

Sep 24, 2023, 5:35:47 AM9/24/23
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
jillery wrote:

> Cite these "shithead claims". It's almost certain you made them up.

Lol! You are actually stating, forcefully, that you are too stupid and
too lazy to Google it yourself AND you think this is an "Argument."

Pathetic. You're a laughing stock.

Secondly, tell me how your position is going to change. I provide a
cite you were too fucked up to Google yourself, and you, being
proven wrong, will...????

Go on. I prove you're a fucking piece of shit, again, and you admit...

What?

How does YOUR position change after I post a cite?

You're a fucking idiot. You're a super disordered twat and the
furthest thing from what you pretend to be. You're not interested
in science or learning or anything.

...and you just proved it again.

So, maggot, I post a cite you were too stupid and too lazy to even
look for, and you admit..???

Coward. Pussy. We both know you can't answer.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/729277753939066880

jillery

Sep 24, 2023, 10:05:47 AM9/24/23
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Sun, 24 Sep 2023 02:32:01 -0700 (PDT), JTEM trolled:

> jillery wrote:
>
>> Cite these "shithead claims". It's almost certain you made them up.
>
>Lol! You are actually stating, forcefully, that you are too stupid and
>too lazy to Google it yourself AND you think this is an "Argument."

To the contrary, I looked and I found none, thus my challenge. Which
you failed. Quelle surprise.

>Pathetic. You're a laughing stock.
>
>Secondly, tell me how your position is going to change. I provide a
>cite you were too fucked up to Google yourself, and you, being
>proven wrong, will...????

You posted no cite that identified anybody claiming Snowball Earth was
caused by CO2, nevermind CO2 from volcanos.

>Go on. I prove you're a fucking piece of shit, again, and you admit...
>
>What?
>
>How does YOUR position change after I post a cite?
>
>You're a fucking idiot. You're a super disordered twat and the
>furthest thing from what you pretend to be. You're not interested
>in science or learning or anything.
>
> ...and you just proved it again.
>
>So, maggot, I post a cite you were too stupid and too lazy to even
>look for, and you admit..???
>
>Coward. Pussy. We both know you can't answer.

Yeah, I get that a lot from willfully stupid trolls.

Kerr-Mudd, John

Sep 24, 2023, 11:35:47 AM9/24/23
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
So why bother? JTEM seems to think swearing at posters is some kind of
way to convince them. It just convinces me of the benefit of a KF.

--
Bah, and indeed Humbug.

JTEM is my hero

Sep 24, 2023, 1:10:47 PM9/24/23
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
jillery wrote:

> To the contrary, I looked and I found none, thus my challenge. Which

So what are you going to do when I prove you're dirt?

Hmm?

I post a cite, say something obvious that you're too stupid
to consider and you change your position... how?

> You posted no cite

AGAIN: How is your position going to change with a cite?

You get a "Cite" and... what? How does your position change?

> that identified anybody claiming Snowball Earth was
> caused by CO2

: Read about the shithead claims volcanoes caused Snowball
: Earth

You even quoted the above, in part, asking me to cite these
shitheads.

So you genuinely have no reading comprehension.

> nevermind CO2 from volcanos.

Seeing how I never said that, you made it up, we just proved
that you're insane.

> >Coward. Pussy. We both know you can't answer.

> Yeah, I get that a lot

And shame on your mom for speaking to you that way.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/728480911625240576

JTEM is my hero

Sep 24, 2023, 1:20:47 PM9/24/23
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Kerr-Mudd, John wrote:

> So why bother? JTEM seems to think swearing at posters

You're a deranged sock puppet. You earned disrespect. A
lot of it.

https://seas.harvard.edu/news/2017/03/perfect-storm-fire-and-ice-may-have-led-snowball-earth

You could have also applied what you're supposed to know,
things like the concept of the "Volcanic Winter."

Volcanoes are known coolers.

So claiming that volcanoes caused it isn't much of a stretch.

isn't /Much/ of a stretch.

What is a stretch, and far too large of one, is that the CO2
from this volcanic activity caused Gwobull Warbling and
thawed out the planet.

And that's impossible. Because if you pay attention to
the AGW propaganda, they order you to believe that CO2
stays in the atmosphere for 300 to a thousand years.

Snowball Earth lasted for MILLIONS.

Secondly, there have been periods of massive volcanic
activity without it resulting in Snowball Earth.

...which is why I suggest that Dimethyl sulfide could
have sent things over the tipping point. No, not because
one molecule strikes the air and it's all over, but
because nature had not achieved a balance.

This is what caused "The Great Oxidation Event," after
all. It wasn't the fact that oxygen is inherently
destructive, it's that nature -- life on earth -- had not
achieved a balance.

And you, well, you're a fucking idiot.

You simply should never ever get as emotionally
lobotomized over things, especially when you have
zero interest in them.

You're incapable of a normal social interaction.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/728480911625240576

jillery

Sep 25, 2023, 1:30:47 AM9/25/23
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Sun, 24 Sep 2023 10:08:16 -0700 (PDT), JTEM trolled:

> jillery wrote:
>
>> To the contrary, I looked and I found none, thus my challenge. Which
>
>So what are you going to do when I prove you're dirt?

Since you asked, I would congratulate you for finally doing something
intelligent. But you have never even tried to prove me dirt,
nevermind actually did so. So that possibility is strictly
hypothetical.

jillery

Sep 25, 2023, 1:30:47 AM9/25/23
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Since you asked, his swearing doesn't bother me. It just affirms he
has nothing intelligent to say and is proud of it. His larger
problems are his willfully stupid assertions and his refusals to back
them up. IMO these habits are useful to identify, if only to help
keep T.O. from becoming a cesspool of stupidity. Killfiles do nothing
about that.

Kerr-Mudd, John

Sep 25, 2023, 6:00:48 AM9/25/23
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Mon, 25 Sep 2023 01:27:53 -0400
jillery <69jp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 24 Sep 2023 16:32:39 +0100, "Kerr-Mudd, John"
> <ad...@127.0.0.1> wrote:
>
> >On Sun, 24 Sep 2023 10:02:39 -0400
> >jillery <69jp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> On Sun, 24 Sep 2023 02:32:01 -0700 (PDT), JTEM trolled:

[]

> >> Yeah, I get that a lot from willfully stupid trolls.
> >>

> >So why bother? JTEM seems to think swearing at posters is some kind of
> >way to convince them. It just convinces me of the benefit of a KF.
>

> Since you asked, his swearing doesn't bother me. It just affirms he
> has nothing intelligent to say and is proud of it. His larger
> problems are his willfully stupid assertions and his refusals to back
> them up. IMO these habits are useful to identify, if only to help
> keep T.O. from becoming a cesspool of stupidity. Killfiles do nothing
> about that.

Insert Pig Wrestling quote here.

I'm done with this, myself.

jillery

Sep 25, 2023, 1:40:48 PM9/25/23
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Mon, 25 Sep 2023 10:57:58 +0100, "Kerr-Mudd, John"
<ad...@127.0.0.1> wrote:

>On Mon, 25 Sep 2023 01:27:53 -0400
>jillery <69jp...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 24 Sep 2023 16:32:39 +0100, "Kerr-Mudd, John"
>> <ad...@127.0.0.1> wrote:

>> >So why bother? JTEM seems to think swearing at posters is some kind of
>> >way to convince them. It just convinces me of the benefit of a KF.
>>

>> Since you asked, his swearing doesn't bother me. It just affirms he
>> has nothing intelligent to say and is proud of it. His larger
>> problems are his willfully stupid assertions and his refusals to back
>> them up. IMO these habits are useful to identify, if only to help
>> keep T.O. from becoming a cesspool of stupidity. Killfiles do nothing
>> about that.
>>

>Insert Pig Wrestling quote here.

You are free to wrestle whatever makes your bacon, as am I.

>I'm done with this, myself.

I suppose that's best.

JTEM is my hero

Sep 25, 2023, 11:30:49 PM9/25/23
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Mouth breathing troll, jillery wrote:

> Since you asked, I would congratulate you for

The cite was already posted. The one your snot encrusted
fingers could not find with a rudimentary Google search.

Well. Searching on the topic I spoke about, not what that
demented head of your imagined...

(Psst. I never claimed anyone blamed CO2. That was
your psychosis merging with your lack of reading
comprehension, not anything I said)

You're welcome.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/729277753939066880

jillery

Sep 27, 2023, 12:45:50 AM9/27/23
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Mon, 25 Sep 2023 20:28:02 -0700 (PDT), JTEM trolled:

>Mouth breathing troll, jillery wrote:
>
>> Since you asked, I would congratulate you for
>
>The cite was already posted. The one your snot encrusted
>fingers could not find with a rudimentary Google search.

If you had posted a cite, I would have no need to do a Google search,
rudimentary or otherwise, snot-encrusted fingers or otherwise. That
you refuse to back up your claims suggests you know you can't.

>Well. Searching on the topic I spoke about, not what that
>demented head of your imagined...
>
>(Psst. I never claimed anyone blamed CO2. That was
>your psychosis merging with your lack of reading
>comprehension, not anything I said)

You're a trolling liar:
******************************
On Fri, 22 Sep 2023 23:26:36 -0700 (PDT), JTEM wrote:

>So unless you now want to pretend that CO2
>is eternal, volcanoes could not have both
>caused Snowball Earth and stopped it.
*************************

JTEM is my hero

Sep 27, 2023, 10:30:51 PM9/27/23
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Shit head, jillery wrote:

> If you had posted a cite

I did. You're a shit head. And a mangled-brained psycho
for throwing yourself in a tizzy over any of this.

Let that sink in: You fell into yet another emotional
meltdown because... why? Oh yes; because you're
fucked up.

You're insane.

Not just stupid but insane.

I never said that anyone blamed CO2 for sparking
Snowball earth. You're just too fucked in the head
to know what is really being said.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/729273087843008512

jillery

Sep 28, 2023, 12:10:50 AM9/28/23
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Wed, 27 Sep 2023 19:27:05 -0700 (PDT), JTEM trolled:

>Shit head, jillery wrote:
>
>> If you had posted a cite
>
>I did.

I call your bluff. Cite where you cited it.

>You're a shit head. And a mangled-brained psycho
>for throwing yourself in a tizzy over any of this.

Yeah, I get that a lot from willfully stupid trolls.

JTEM is my hero

Sep 28, 2023, 2:05:51 AM9/28/23
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org

Mental case, jillery wrote:

[...]

I'm done with you, mental case. You're a joke. You're a
disgrace. You are not who and what you pretend to be
and you expose this fact every time you make the mistake
of posting.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/729273087843008512

jillery

Sep 28, 2023, 2:45:51 AM9/28/23
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Wed, 27 Sep 2023 23:04:37 -0700 (PDT), JTEM trolled:

>Mental case, jillery wrote:
>
> [...]

So you won't back up your claims. You should have led with that.

JTEM is my hero

Sep 28, 2023, 2:40:51 PM9/28/23
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org

Mental case, jillery wrote:

I get it; you're mentally deformed. You are worthless,
and without an excuse for consuming oxygen. But
I'm not going to mention these facts, let alone humiliate
you for your pathetic attempts at faking smart... oh,
perish the thought. I'm above all that.

One look at you and I regret that Dr Kevorkian wasn't
still around, to help you...

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/729273087843008512