Waxing

Glenn

Sep 26, 2021, 8:55:10 PMSep 26
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
"..test them so we are in the domain where
physics is giving way to philosophy even
if you try to make it look like physics
it's actually philosophy and a lot of
physicists though would like to kill
philosophy or say philosophy is dead or
the only good philosophy has become
physics in the yeah and the only thing
left in philosophy is bad philosophy and
if new stuff becomes good philosophy
then it becomes physics yeah well I
think that's a lot of my physics
colleagues are very naive about
philosophy they are doing philosophy"

From the transcript of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLc3OLGFD1w&t=2s

The speaker:

"considered one of the world's leading theorists in cosmology"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_F._R._Ellis

"“It is a simple observational fact that the world is teeming with purpose: biological [8], economic, political, social [9], scientific. You can, if you wish, not take this into account in formulating your worldview. But if you do take it into account, it raises key issues: why and how does all this purpose exist? At a deep level, it exists because physical, biological, and mental possibility spaces allow it to exist. “"

https://iai.tv/articles/the-philosophical-problems-of-cosmology-auid-1883?_auid=2020

https://uncommondescent.com/intelligent-design/cosmologist-george-ellis-on-the-philosophical-problems-of-cosmology-and-a-note-from-rob-sheldon/

RonO

Sep 26, 2021, 9:30:10 PMSep 26
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Why not try to do something productive? What kind of IDiots are left
posting to uncommon descent? How does the junk differ from what the ID
perps keep putting out? ID perps like Dembski are long gone from
Uncommon Descent even though Dembski founded it. So what do these
IDiots think about IDiocy compared to the ID perps? I recall that some
of them had acknowledged that there was no legitimate ID science. I
recall that contributors like Mike Gene and Salvador Cordova admitted
that there was no ID science after Dover, but they may no longer be
contributing. What you seem to have left are the guys that just
couldn't quit so they are trying to scrape up whatever junk they can
find even though they know it doesn't make the grade as science. So you
get junk like dogmatism, and philosophical problems. How is that
building any type of IDiot alternative worth working on?

Ron Okimoto

Glenn

Sep 26, 2021, 9:50:10 PMSep 26
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
OK.

snip

RonO

Sep 27, 2021, 6:30:10 AMSep 27
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Snipping and running isn't productive. Why lie to yourself like this?

Why not tell us the difference between the ID perps and the IDiot rubes
that still hold out at uncommon descent? The uncommon descent rubes
seem to be pretty much like you. They ran from the Top Six, and seem to
only go to the ID perps so that they can continue to lie to themselves.
The Top Six put out by the ID perps was an unprescedented event for
IDiots. The ID perps had never told the rubes what the best that they
had was before, and what did the uncommon descent IDiot rubes do? The
same as Kalk, Bill, and yourself. They ran. IDiots interested in
IDiocy should have been all over the Top Six and discussing each in
depth, but what happened?

If you want to keep going back to uncommon descent to get repeats of
what IDiots want to lie to themselves about, shouldn't you understand
the difference between the IDiot rubes and the ID perps?

Ron Okimoto

Glenn

Sep 27, 2021, 12:50:12 PMSep 27
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Snipping is not necessarily running, and can be productive. Why lie to yourself like this?

RonO

Sep 27, 2021, 7:25:12 PMSep 27
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Snipping and running is just how you lie to yourself.

REPOST:
>> Why not try to do something productive?
>
> OK.
>
> snip

Snipping and running isn't productive. Why lie to yourself like this?

Why not tell us the difference between the ID perps and the IDiot rubes
that still hold out at uncommon descent? The uncommon descent rubes
seem to be pretty much like you. They ran from the Top Six, and seem to
only go to the ID perps so that they can continue to lie to themselves.
The Top Six put out by the ID perps was an unprescedented event for
IDiots. The ID perps had never told the rubes what the best that they
had was before, and what did the uncommon descent IDiot rubes do? The
same as Kalk, Bill, and yourself. They ran. IDiots interested in
IDiocy should have been all over the Top Six and discussing each in
depth, but what happened?

If you want to keep going back to uncommon descent to get repeats of
what IDiots want to lie to themselves about, shouldn't you understand
the difference between the IDiot rubes and the ID perps?
END REPOST:

REPOST of what was snipped out before:
[...]

Glenn

Sep 27, 2021, 8:35:12 PMSep 27
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Nope. I believe in very few things, if any. One that comes close to belief is that you need professional help.

RonO

Sep 27, 2021, 8:50:12 PMSep 27
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Lying to yourself doesn't change reality. You are just snipping and
running.

REPOST of REPOST:
> Snipping is not necessarily running, and can be productive. Why lie
to yourself like this?

Snipping and running is just how you lie to yourself.

REPOST:
>> Why not try to do something productive?
>
> OK.
>
> snip

Snipping and running isn't productive. Why lie to yourself like this?

END REPOST of REPOST:

Ron Okimoto

Glenn

Sep 27, 2021, 9:25:12 PMSep 27
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Nothing I could say would break your delusions.

RonO

Sep 28, 2021, 6:55:12 AMSep 28
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Lying and snipping and running is all that you can do. All you need to
do to counter is put up some real ID science. Why lie about something
so stupid.

REPOST of REPOST: