RNA that can be involved in peptide synthesis

RonO

May 14, 2022, 4:46:07 PM5/14/22
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2022/05/220512121932.htm

These researchers have gotten RNA to make peptide bonds using a couple
other bases than the normal 4.

This would likely be pre tRNA and ribosomal protein synthesis.

There was likely some type of replication before there was RNA. No one
knows what the first self replicators were made of, but my take is that
there wasn't a lot of nucleotides floating around in the mix that the
first self replicators were made of.

We likely need to look into what might have existed before RNA. This
bit would have been useful when RNA was first being made by the early
self replicators. My guess is that these early self replicators would
have evolved the ability to make nucleotides and use them just as life
forms use them today. The are used as energy storage and transfer
molecules. Polymerization of the nucleotides would have been a
convenient way to store nucelotides and keep them from floating too far
away. Once you had polymerization you could evolve systems like these
guys worked on, and evolve functions like ribosomal peptide synthesis,
tRNAs and mRNAs.

The four normal bases were likely adopted after initial polymerization
was going on and enzymatic function was being evolved in the RNA
sequences. These 4 bases are used because of their base-pairing
ability, and were likely adopted because it was a means of making copies
of the RNAs that were evolving functions.

I'm going on a road trip, but I'll only have my buisness computer with
me and it doesn't have eternal september, so I likely won't be posting
much if at all. Over at the creationist news site it looks like more of
the nothing that has been going on for the last 20 years of the IDiot
bait and switch scam is about all they can come up with, so my guess is
that nothing much will change before I return. I'm sure that if any
IDiotic science does get produced that it will still be a hot topic a
couple weeks from now.

Ron Okimoto