OT: Whale Evolution Graphics - Public Access

sharon1...@yahoo.com

Oct 2, 2006, 1:51:46 PM10/2/06
Updated images on whale evolution are located here.
http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k168/dave_matson/whales/?start=all

For webmasters who have pages on whale evolution...
These images were re-illustrated by myself, based on National
Geographic's Nov. 2001 article, and they're public access. Also, the
well known cladogram which shows a progression of whales (which we were
granted permission to re-use in 2003) and a relationship with
Mesonychids is out of date... I've added the statement on that graphic,
and all the other illustrations which I revised, are available at above
address. Nasal drift, evolution of echolocation, etc. They're very nice
for educational material on blogs, websites, etc. Including the
outdated Pakicetus skull model. I've placed a white background on the
images, so they should match most websites.

All that I ask is that all original credits be kept intact.

Details about each images are located on our page
http://www.edwardtbabinski.us/whales/evolution_of_whales/

Thanks again to Windy and Mike.
Reference to:
http://groups.google.com/group/talk.origins/browse_frm/thread/d9e1d306f704454d/be87e76ed3a16e98?tvc=1&
I deleted the "Procetus" illustration and replaced it with "Protocetus"
illustration.

sharon1...@yahoo.com

Oct 2, 2006, 2:41:51 PM10/2/06

> Thanks again to Windy and Mike.

...and Craig.

John Wilkins

Oct 2, 2006, 9:18:01 PM10/2/06
<sharon1...@yahoo.com> wrote:

It's a wonderful resource for teachers and students. Well done!
--
John S. Wilkins, Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Biohumanities Project
University of Queensland - Blog: scienceblogs.com/evolvingthoughts

Osama

Oct 3, 2006, 6:13:05 AM10/3/06

sharon1...@yahoo.com

Oct 5, 2006, 11:34:12 PM10/5/06

John Wilkins wrote:

> It's a wonderful resource for teachers and students. Well done!

Thanks. Hope to do a lot more illustrations. I'm really into Marine
Mammals / Marine Biology.

Here's one I've been wanting to know more about for about three
years,.. finally found the whole family tree.

SIRENIANS Evolution Chart
http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k168/dave_matson/sirenians/?action=view&current=sirenians_evolution_graph.gif&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1

You've got to love those elephant toe nails. (though as you know, some
have lost them.)

Still working on the whale article though. I'm anxiously awaiting
receipt of the final edit by you know who.