The nose knows and tells all

All-seeing-I

Oct 3, 2009, 2:29:26 PM10/3/09
OK my pets,

I was looking at some pic's of Dinos today and something seemed odd.
Compared to their body size Dino's have rather small nostrils. Hardly
large enough to transport the oxygen necessary for an 80 foot long
body weighing many tons.

So this leads one to believe that they either took one step and rested
for 12 hours or, they needed to breathe less; Because your beloved
evolution would have evolved the necessary nose size for the creature
to survive. Right? RIGHT?

Therefore the oxygen levels in the atmosphere must have been higher
before the flood which in turn provided the necessary levels of oxygen
requiring less breathing.

So. How did we lose the oxygen levels? The vapor canopy fell, the
"fountains of the deep" broke up at the continental fault lines when
then released enough water from above and below to flood the earth.

The result altered the atmosphere and left much more of the earth
covered in water.

Noah's flood changed everything.

How about THAT

--
This has been another nose knows lesson for you from:

The All Seeing I

Free Lunch

Oct 3, 2009, 2:39:00 PM10/3/09
On Sat, 3 Oct 2009 11:29:26 -0700 (PDT), All-seeing-I <ap...@email.com>
wrote in talk.origins:

We already know from the geological evidence that no such flood took
place.

odin

Oct 3, 2009, 2:40:55 PM10/3/09
> So. How did we lose the oxygen levels? The vapor canopy fell, the
> "fountains of the deep" broke up at the continental fault lines when
> then released enough water from above and below to flood the earth.

How does that additional water reduce oxygen levels exactly? Missed
that bit.

Jim

Oct 3, 2009, 2:52:22 PM10/3/09
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Oct 3, 2:29 pm, All-seeing-I <ap...@email.com> wrote:
> OK my pets,
>
> I was looking at some pic's of Dinos today and something seemed odd.
> Compared to their body size Dino's have rather small nostrils. Hardly
> large enough to transport the oxygen necessary for an 80 foot long
> body weighing many tons.

Um... how big are the blowholes of a blue whale? How about the
nostrils of an elephant? Did you take into account at least some
dinosaurs had avian continuous-flow respiration? I'd ask to see the
math behind this assertion of yours, but I know better.

odin

Oct 3, 2009, 3:03:18 PM10/3/09
> I was looking at some pic's of Dinos today and something seemed odd.
> Compared to their body size Dino's have rather small nostrils. Hardly
> large enough to transport the oxygen necessary for an 80 foot long
> body weighing many tons.

Pics? I am glad that real paleontologists done base their theories on
pics.
How big were the nostrils? Smaller than a blue whale's blow hole?

Inez

Oct 3, 2009, 3:04:55 PM10/3/09

> So. How did we lose the oxygen levels? The vapor canopy fell, the
> "fountains of the deep" broke up at the continental fault lines when
> then released enough water from above and below to flood the earth.
>
> The result altered the atmosphere and left much more of the earth
> covered in water.

I second Odin's question. How does more water equal less oxygen?
Also, what size of nostril would a dinosaur have to have in today's
oxygen level? What size did they have?

Kevin Anthoney

Oct 3, 2009, 3:08:19 PM10/3/09
All-seeing-I wrote:
> OK my pets,
>
> I was looking at some pic's of Dinos today and something seemed odd.
> Compared to their body size Dino's have rather small nostrils. Hardly
> large enough to transport the oxygen necessary for an 80 foot long
> body weighing many tons.
>
> So this leads one to believe that they either took one step and rested
> for 12 hours or, they needed to breathe less; Because your beloved
> evolution would have evolved the necessary nose size for the creature
> to survive. Right? RIGHT?

Whales seem to manage with just a blowhole, despite being underwater
most of the time, so I doubt dinos had a problem. But if they did, they
could always breathe through their mouths.

--
Kevin Anthoney
kanthoney/a/dsl.pipex.com

Fiery

Oct 3, 2009, 3:38:37 PM10/3/09

Do you realize those pictures are just artists' interpretation, and
that we don't really know how big the dinosaurs' nostrils were? Of
course you don't.

Burkhard

Oct 3, 2009, 4:02:37 PM10/3/09
Having tried to replicate your findings, using the same methodology, I
had to conclude that Dino-nostrils are of the right size:

http://blog.media-freaks.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/ice_age_dawn_of_the_dinosaurs.jpg

The nostril is about half the size of a sabre tooth tiger.

odin

Oct 3, 2009, 4:00:09 PM10/3/09
> So this leads one to believe that they either took one step and rested
> for 12 hours or, they needed to breathe less; Because your beloved
> evolution would have evolved the necessary nose size for the creature
> to survive. Right? RIGHT?

And your beloved creator would have created the necessary nose size

William Hughes

Oct 3, 2009, 4:16:55 PM10/3/09

What I don't understand is that with all that oxygen,
why did pre-flood man need wine?

- William Hughes

Frank J

Oct 3, 2009, 4:25:38 PM10/3/09
On Oct 3, 3:08 pm, Kevin Anthoney <kevin_antho...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> All-seeing-I wrote:
> > OK my pets,
>
> > I was looking at some pic's of Dinos today and something seemed odd.
> > Compared to their body size Dino's have rather small nostrils. Hardly
> > large enough to transport the oxygen necessary for an 80 foot long
> > body weighing many tons.
>
> > So this leads one to believe that they either took one step and rested
> > for 12 hours or, they needed to breathe less; Because your beloved
> > evolution would have evolved the necessary nose size for the creature
> > to survive. Right? RIGHT?
>
> Whales seem to manage with just a blowhole, despite being underwater
> most of the time, so I doubt dinos had a problem.  But if they did, they
> could always breathe through their mouths.

Somehow the word "blowhole" reminds me of A-s-I.

(snip)

All-seeing-I

Oct 3, 2009, 4:32:22 PM10/3/09
> course you don't.- Hide quoted text -

I supose we cannot observe the opening in the skull? tsk...

All-seeing-I

Oct 3, 2009, 4:28:20 PM10/3/09

Neither an elephant or whale are the size of a Dino. It takes much
less effort to move about in water then it does on land. Less effort =
less oxygen needed. The whale is also not 80 feel long and 30 or 40
feet tall with a need to run.

Avian continuous-flow respiration is found on birds today. Hardly a
trait of an 80 foot long dino. Is there any evidence of adaptations in
its skeleton that would allow continuous-flow respiration? None that I
know of. That means, for now anyway, Dino's are assumed to have a
respiratory system like that of similar creatures.

Plus we have other rather large fossil evidence that eludes all of
life may have been bigger at one time. Giant cockroaches,, giant
plants. Then, Inside of amber tiny air bubbles have been discovered
that have 30% more oxygen then the air of today.

A thin ice or vapor canopy around 15 miles above the earth would be
all that is needed to create conditions on earth of a green house.
More plants, more oxygen.

During Noah's day the canopy melted or dropped producing rain and the
earth split at the fault lines around the globe releasing subterranean
water flooding the earth. The result is larger oceans that we see
today and no more green house effect.

All-seeing-I

Oct 3, 2009, 4:33:50 PM10/3/09
>                                  - William Hughes- Hide quoted text -

He was accustomed to the air. The wine allowed a good time while
building the boat.

Inez

Oct 3, 2009, 5:07:49 PM10/3/09
Anti-oxidants.

raven1

Oct 3, 2009, 5:07:31 PM10/3/09
On Sat, 3 Oct 2009 13:28:20 -0700 (PDT), All-seeing-I
<ap...@email.com> wrote:

>On Oct 3, 1:52 pm, Jim <jimwille...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Oct 3, 2:29 pm, All-seeing-I <ap...@email.com> wrote:
>>
>> > OK my pets,
>>
>> > I was looking at some pic's of Dinos today and something seemed odd.
>> > Compared to their body size Dino's have rather small nostrils. Hardly
>> > large enough to transport the oxygen necessary for an 80 foot long
>> > body weighing many tons.
>>
>> Um...  how big are the blowholes of a blue whale?  How about the
>> nostrils of an elephant?  Did you take into account at least some
>> dinosaurs had avian continuous-flow respiration?  I'd ask to see the
>> math behind this assertion of yours, but I know better.
>
>Neither an elephant or whale are the size of a Dino.

Adult blue whales are much larger than any dinosaur. And most species
of dinosaur were much smaller than the sauropods.

>It takes much
>less effort to move about in water

Does it?

> then it does on land. Less effort =
>less oxygen needed. The whale is also not 80 feel long

Adult blue whales can grow to over 100 feet long.

>and 30 or 40
>feet tall with a need to run.

Blue whales can swim up to 30 mph when needed.

Inez

Oct 3, 2009, 5:07:06 PM10/3/09
> I supose we cannot observe the opening in the skull? tsk...-

Yep. They don't look too small to me.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.mccullagh.org/db9/10/t-rex-skull.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.mccullagh.org/image/10/t-rex-skull.html&usg=__Xujc86IPgqfPR1oaNIfU9-23JeQ=&h=768&w=512&sz=118&hl=en&start=3&tbnid=nmR7u-tAMiE9vM:&tbnh=142&tbnw=95&prev=/images%3Fq%3DT%2BRex%2Bskull%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den

But Wikipedia informs me that oxygen levels have been higher in the
past. It's not due to pre-flood vegetation though.

Apparently the current percentage of CO2 is 0.038%.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth%27s_atmosphere

If more plants broke all that into carbon and oxygen, that wouldn't
raise the level of oxygen very much.

Dana Tweedy

Oct 3, 2009, 5:10:06 PM10/3/09
All-seeing-I wrote:
> OK my pets,
>
> I was looking at some pic's of Dinos today and something seemed odd.
> Compared to their body size Dino's have rather small nostrils. Hardly
> large enough to transport the oxygen necessary for an 80 foot long
> body weighing many tons.

Perhaps you should stop looking at elementary school textbook pictures. No
actual dinosaur nostrils have been found, so the size of their nostrils in
pictures is largely speculation.

> So this leads one to believe that they either took one step and rested
> for 12 hours or, they needed to breathe less; Because your beloved
> evolution would have evolved the necessary nose size for the creature
> to survive. Right? RIGHT?

Wrong. There's no reason why dinosaur nostrils could not have brought in
enough air for their owners.

> Therefore the oxygen levels in the atmosphere must have been higher
> before the flood which in turn provided the necessary levels of oxygen
> requiring less breathing.

Actually the oxygen levels in the Mesozoic were less than today. There's
no evidence of a global flood.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesozoic
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/09/0930_050930_mammal_oxygen.html
http://gsa.confex.com/gsa/2007AM/finalprogram/abstract_127494.htm

> So. How did we lose the oxygen levels?

There are many ways the oxygen level could have changed over time.

>The vapor canopy fell, the
> "fountains of the deep" broke up at the continental fault lines when
> then released enough water from above and below to flood the earth.

There's no evidence of a "vapor canopy", and no evidence of any "fountains
of the deep". In any case, releasing water is not going to lower any
oxygen levels.

> The result altered the atmosphere and left much more of the earth
> covered in water.

There's no evidence to support your claims.

> Noah's flood changed everything.

There's no evidence that "Noah's Flood" ever happened.

> How about THAT

How about what? Your false assumptions are shot down by nasty old reality,
once again.

DJT

VoiceOfReason

Oct 3, 2009, 5:11:06 PM10/3/09

All-seeing-I wrote:
> OK my pets,
>
> I was looking at some pic's of Dinos today and something seemed odd.
> Compared to their body size Dino's have rather small nostrils. Hardly
> large enough to transport the oxygen necessary for an 80 foot long
> body weighing many tons.

And your research background to make this determination included what
studies? Which dino's did you analyze? Who checked your findings?

> So this leads one to believe that they either took one step and rested
> for 12 hours or, they needed to breathe less; Because your beloved
> evolution would have evolved the necessary nose size for the creature
> to survive. Right? RIGHT?

No, it leads one to believe that you're making up ridiculous crap in
order to get attention.

> Therefore the oxygen levels in the atmosphere must have been higher
> before the flood which in turn provided the necessary levels of oxygen
> requiring less breathing.

There was no worldwide flood.

> So. How did we lose the oxygen levels? The vapor canopy fell, the
> "fountains of the deep" broke up at the continental fault lines when
> then released enough water from above and below to flood the earth.
>
> The result altered the atmosphere and left much more of the earth
> covered in water.
>
> Noah's flood changed everything.
>
> How about THAT

I prefer the one about Goldilocks and the Three Bears.

VoiceOfReason

Oct 3, 2009, 5:15:25 PM10/3/09

All-seeing-I wrote:
> On Oct 3, 1:52 pm, Jim <jimwille...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Oct 3, 2:29 pm, All-seeing-I <ap...@email.com> wrote:
> >
> > > OK my pets,
> >
> > > I was looking at some pic's of Dinos today and something seemed odd.
> > > Compared to their body size Dino's have rather small nostrils. Hardly
> > > large enough to transport the oxygen necessary for an 80 foot long
> > > body weighing many tons.
> >
> > Um...  how big are the blowholes of a blue whale?  How about the
> > nostrils of an elephant?  Did you take into account at least some
> > dinosaurs had avian continuous-flow respiration?  I'd ask to see the
> > math behind this assertion of yours, but I know better.
>
> Neither an elephant or whale are the size of a Dino.

The modern-day blue whale is the largest animal that ever lived - it
is larger than any dinosaur was.

Idiot.

Here's a K-12 explanation to help you out:
http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjects/dinosaurs/anatomy/Size.shtml

<snip remaining stupidity>

Dana Tweedy

Oct 3, 2009, 5:17:41 PM10/3/09
All-seeing-I wrote:
> On Oct 3, 1:52 pm, Jim <jimwille...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Oct 3, 2:29 pm, All-seeing-I <ap...@email.com> wrote:
>>
>>> OK my pets,
>>
>>> I was looking at some pic's of Dinos today and something seemed odd.
>>> Compared to their body size Dino's have rather small nostrils.
>>> Hardly large enough to transport the oxygen necessary for an 80
>>> foot long body weighing many tons.
>>
>> Um... how big are the blowholes of a blue whale? How about the
>> nostrils of an elephant? Did you take into account at least some
>> dinosaurs had avian continuous-flow respiration? I'd ask to see the
>> math behind this assertion of yours, but I know better.
>
> Neither an elephant or whale are the size of a Dino.

Many dinosaurs were smaller than elephants, or whales.

> It takes much
> less effort to move about in water then it does on land.

Evidence for this assertion, please.

> Less effort =
> less oxygen needed. The whale is also not 80 feel long and 30 or 40
> feet tall with a need to run.

Blue whales are can get up to 90 feet long. Also, can you show that any
of the sauropods needed to run?

> Avian continuous-flow respiration is found on birds today. Hardly a
> trait of an 80 foot long dino.

Can you show that the sauropods (the only dinosaurs 80 ft long) did not have
continuous flow respiration?

> Is there any evidence of adaptations in
> its skeleton that would allow continuous-flow respiration? None that I
> know of.

Which means you are ignorant of the evidence.

> That means, for now anyway, Dino's are assumed to have a
> respiratory system like that of similar creatures.

Birds are similar creatures to dinosaurs.

> Plus we have other rather large fossil evidence that eludes all of
> life may have been bigger at one time.

The word "eludes" means "gets away from", or "escapes". Perhaps you mean
"alludes"? In either case, you are incorrect. Not all life was bigger
in the past. Some dinosaurs were the size of modern chickens. During the
Mesozoic, there are many fossils of small, even by modern standards, life
forms.

> Giant cockroaches,, giant
> plants. Then, Inside of amber tiny air bubbles have been discovered
> that have 30% more oxygen then the air of today.

Not in the mesozoic. Oxygen levels were higher during the Carboniferous
period, but lower during the Triassic, Jurassic, and Cretaceous, when the
dinosaurs lived.

> A thin ice or vapor canopy around 15 miles above the earth would be
> all that is needed to create conditions on earth of a green house.
> More plants, more oxygen.

No, such a "vapor canopy" would have increased temperatures and pressures
beyond the limits of life. There's no evidence of any such vapor canopy
ever existed on Earth.

> During Noah's day the canopy melted or dropped producing rain and the
> earth split at the fault lines around the globe releasing subterranean
> water flooding the earth. The result is larger oceans that we see
> today and no more green house effect.

There's no evidence of any of your claims.

DJT

Dana Tweedy

Oct 3, 2009, 5:23:43 PM10/3/09
All-seeing-I wrote:
> On Oct 3, 2:38 pm, Fiery <ognje...@gmail.com> wrote:
snip

>> Do you realize those pictures are just artists' interpretation, and
>> that we don't really know how big the dinosaurs' nostrils were? Of
>> course you don't.- Hide quoted text -

> I supose we cannot observe the opening in the skull? tsk...

"We" can. Apparently you can't. Where do you see any nasal openings too
small to provide adequate respriation, in any species of dinosaur?

Here's a drawing of a skull of a diplodicus.
http://mygeologypage.ucdavis.edu/cowen/historyoflife/diplodocus.jpg

What do you think are the "nostrils"?

DJT

Augray

Oct 3, 2009, 5:30:28 PM10/3/09
On Sat, 3 Oct 2009 13:28:20 -0700 (PDT), All-seeing-I
<ap...@email.com> wrote in
<ec4e44a8-0e86-4f77...@d34g2000vbm.googlegroups.com> :

>On Oct 3, 1:52�pm, Jim <jimwille...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Oct 3, 2:29�pm, All-seeing-I <ap...@email.com> wrote:
>>
>> > OK my pets,
>>
>> > I was looking at some pic's of Dinos today and something seemed odd.
>> > Compared to their body size Dino's have rather small nostrils. Hardly
>> > large enough to transport the oxygen necessary for an 80 foot long
>> > body weighing many tons.
>>
>> Um... �how big are the blowholes of a blue whale? �How about the
>> nostrils of an elephant? �Did you take into account at least some
>> dinosaurs had avian continuous-flow respiration? �I'd ask to see the
>> math behind this assertion of yours, but I know better.
>
>Neither an elephant or whale are the size of a Dino.

Since the Blue Whale is the largest animal to have ever lived, one can
only conclude that you don't know what you're talking about.

>It takes much
>less effort to move about in water then it does on land. Less effort =
>less oxygen needed. The whale is also not 80 feel long and 30 or 40
>feet tall with a need to run.

On the other hand, whales can't breath continually.

>Avian continuous-flow respiration is found on birds today.

Which might explain why it's called *avian* respiration.

>Hardly a
>trait of an 80 foot long dino. Is there any evidence of adaptations in
>its skeleton that would allow continuous-flow respiration?

In fact, there are.

>None that I
>know of.

Since you've made no effort to study the matter, it's unsurprising
that you know nothing about it.

>That means, for now anyway, Dino's are assumed to have a
>respiratory system like that of similar creatures.

Since there are a variety of respiratory systems, you're statement is
incredibly uninformative.

>Plus we have other rather large fossil evidence that eludes all of
>life may have been bigger at one time. Giant cockroaches,, giant
>plants. Then, Inside of amber tiny air bubbles have been discovered
>that have 30% more oxygen then the air of today.

There doesn't seem to be a consensus on this. See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Oxygenation-atm.svg

>A thin ice or vapor canopy around 15 miles above the earth would be
>all that is needed to create conditions on earth of a green house.
>More plants, more oxygen.

And less sun, and more atmospheric pressure.

>During Noah's day the canopy melted or dropped producing rain and the
>earth split at the fault lines around the globe releasing subterranean
>water flooding the earth. The result is larger oceans that we see
>today and no more green house effect.

But since there is no evidence for such a flood, it should be obvious
that this last bit is false.

Baron Bodissey

Oct 3, 2009, 5:35:35 PM10/3/09
On Oct 3, 4:28 pm, All-seeing-I <ap...@email.com> wrote:
<snip>

> Avian continuous-flow respiration is found on birds today. Hardly a
> trait of an 80 foot long dino. Is there any evidence of adaptations in
> its skeleton that would allow continuous-flow respiration? None that I
> know of. That means, for now anyway, Dino's are assumed to have a
> respiratory system like that of similar creatures.
<snip>

Just exactly what skeletal modification would you expect if dinosaurs
had the capability of continuous-flow respiration? And why. Exactly.

Baron Bodissey
They are ill discoverers that think there is no land when they see
nothing but sea.
– Francis Bacon

All-seeing-I

Oct 3, 2009, 6:17:52 PM10/3/09
On Oct 3, 4:30 pm, Augray <aug...@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Oct 2009 13:28:20 -0700 (PDT), All-seeing-I
> <ap...@email.com> wrote in
> <ec4e44a8-0e86-4f77-b540-e4161d5a9...@d34g2000vbm.googlegroups.com> :
> There doesn't seem to be a consensus on this. Seehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Oxygenation-atm.svg

> >A thin ice or vapor canopy around 15 miles above the earth would be
> >all that is needed to create conditions on earth of a green house.
> >More plants, more oxygen.
>
> And less sun, and more atmospheric pressure.
>
> >During Noah's day the canopy melted or dropped producing rain and the
> >earth split at the fault lines around the globe releasing subterranean
> >water flooding the earth. The result is larger oceans that we see
> >today and no more green house effect.
>
> But since there is no evidence for such a flood, it should be obvious
> that this last bit is false.- Hide quoted text -

Is the whale 30 40 or posibiliy more feet tall? as well as 90 feet
long? No. Do whales need to move 4 limbs in otder to run? No. Do
whales have the same digestive track? No. Clearly, any fool can see
the Dino would expend more energy then the whale and therefore require
more oxygen.

Besides, we have air samples that clearly show the air had more
oxygen.

The only way to have more oxygen would be to have more plants. The
only way to have more plants would be to have more land for the plants
to grow on.

Pre flood conditions would satisfy this criteria of more plants and
therefore more oxygen. A THIN vapor canopy above the earth would NOT
rise the pressure above more then 2 atmospheres. So between the
canapoy above and the subterainian water chambers below, (of which
some are still down there),there is more then enough water to flood
the earth and reduce it's land mass as an after effect.

Less land mass = less plants = less oxygen

odin

Oct 3, 2009, 6:28:56 PM10/3/09
> Is the whale 30 40 or posibiliy more feet tall? as well as 90 feet
> long? No.

Who cares how "tall". Just look at body weight. All those cells need
to respire. The blue whale has more cells.

> Do whales need to move 4 limbs in oder to run? No.

Actually it does move four limbs to move. And it has to hold its
breath while it does that!

> Do whales have the same digestive track? No.

WTF?

> Besides, we have air samples that clearly show the air had more
> oxygen.

Samples? Citation please.

> The only way to have more oxygen would be to have more plants. The
> only way to have more plants would be to have more land for the plants
> to grow on.

What about plants in the water?

> Pre flood conditions would satisfy this criteria of more plants and
> therefore more oxygen. A THIN vapor canopy above the earth would NOT
> rise the pressure above more then 2 atmospheres.

Because that water is in geosynchronous orbit? WTF???

Caranx latus

Oct 3, 2009, 6:43:48 PM10/3/09
All-seeing-I wrote:
> On Oct 3, 4:30 pm, Augray <aug...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

<snip>

> Is the whale 30 40 or posibiliy more feet tall? as well as 90 feet
> long? No.

As has been pointed out elsewhere, blue whales are the largest known
animal that ever lived.

You should also be aware that oxygen use is a function of the mass of an
animal. You need to take all three dimensions into consideration, and
not just the height and length. Coincidentally, the blue whale is the
most massive animal that ever lived.

> Do whales need to move 4 limbs in otder to run? No. Do
> whales have the same digestive track? No. Clearly, any fool can see
> the Dino would expend more energy then the whale and therefore require
> more oxygen.

Would you please stop referring to "the Dino" and "the whale"? Dinosaurs
and whales both come in a range of sizes. If you want to be specific,
pick one species of each and talk about those.

Thought experiment time: Two athletes compete to complete a distance of
100 meters: one in water, and one on land. One athlete has a time of 10
seconds, and the other has a time of 50 seconds. Which one was in water?
Which one expended more energy?

> Besides, we have air samples that clearly show the air had more
> oxygen.
>
> The only way to have more oxygen would be to have more plants. The
> only way to have more plants would be to have more land for the plants
> to grow on.

The *only* way?

> Pre flood conditions would satisfy this criteria of more plants and
> therefore more oxygen. A THIN vapor canopy above the earth would NOT
> rise the pressure above more then 2 atmospheres.

How THIN was it? And how dense? What would the equivalent depth in
liquid water have been?

<snip>

John Ross

Oct 3, 2009, 6:53:08 PM10/3/09
lol the first 4 replies ripped apart yet ''another lesson'' from the man
who believes dino's walked with man..... why do you post? you get bent
over every time... seriously

John Ross

Oct 3, 2009, 6:53:14 PM10/3/09

Augray

Oct 3, 2009, 7:15:49 PM10/3/09
On Sat, 3 Oct 2009 15:17:52 -0700 (PDT), All-seeing-I
<ap...@email.com> wrote in
<772d4d25-fad3-48b9...@p23g2000vbl.googlegroups.com> :

>On Oct 3, 4:30锟絧m, Augray <aug...@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>> On Sat, 3 Oct 2009 13:28:20 -0700 (PDT), All-seeing-I
>> <ap...@email.com> wrote in
>> <ec4e44a8-0e86-4f77-b540-e4161d5a9...@d34g2000vbm.googlegroups.com> :

>> There doesn't seem to be a consensus on this. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Oxygenation-atm.svg

>> >A thin ice or vapor canopy around 15 miles above the earth would be
>> >all that is needed to create conditions on earth of a green house.
>> >More plants, more oxygen.
>>
>> And less sun, and more atmospheric pressure.
>>
>> >During Noah's day the canopy melted or dropped producing rain and the
>> >earth split at the fault lines around the globe releasing subterranean
>> >water flooding the earth. The result is larger oceans that we see
>> >today and no more green house effect.
>>
>> But since there is no evidence for such a flood, it should be obvious
>> that this last bit is false.
>

>Is the whale 30 40 or posibiliy more feet tall?

Irrelevant.

>as well as 90 feet
>long? No. Do whales need to move 4 limbs in otder to run? No.

But they do have to flex their entire body.

>Do
>whales have the same digestive track? No.

How do you know? Do you have access to a dinosaur's digestive tract?
Besides, why is it relevant?

>Clearly, any fool can see
>the Dino would expend more energy then the whale and therefore require
>more oxygen.

Let's see: According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Whale a Blue
Whale weights around 172 metric tons. The highest weight estimate for
Diplodocus is 113 tons. Therefore, a Blue what has approximately 50%
more mass to oxygenate.

>Besides, we have air samples that clearly show the air had more
>oxygen.

But Blue Whales must hold their breath for 10 to 20 minutes.

>The only way to have more oxygen would be to have more plants. The
>only way to have more plants would be to have more land for the plants
>to grow on.

Or less desert.

>Pre flood conditions would satisfy this criteria of more plants and
>therefore more oxygen. A THIN vapor canopy above the earth would NOT
>rise the pressure above more then 2 atmospheres.

So you're proposing a vapor canopy equivalent to 10 meters of water.

>So between the
>canapoy above and the subterainian water chambers below, (of which
>some are still down there)

Where?

>there is more then enough water to flood
>the earth and reduce it's land mass as an after effect.

No, there isn't.

>Less land mass = less plants = less oxygen

10 meter thick shell of water above the atmosphere results in far less
sunlight: the sunlight visible 10 meters under water. Obviously, such
a scenario is just a fantasy.

Dana Tweedy

Oct 3, 2009, 7:21:03 PM10/3/09
All-seeing-I wrote:
snip

>> But since there is no evidence for such a flood, it should be obvious
>> that this last bit is false.- Hide quoted text -

> Is the whale 30 40 or posibiliy more feet tall? as well as 90 feet
> long?

Sauropod dinosaurs, the only kind that got that long, had very thin neck,
and tails. Their body mass was comparable to that of a whale.

> No.

Most other types of dinosaurs weren't that large.

> Do whales need to move 4 limbs in otder to run? No.

Whales use their entire body to move, and water is much more dense than air.
Also, do you have any evidence that large sauropods ran, as opposed to
walking normally?

> Do
> whales have the same digestive track? No.

That depends on the whale. Most baleen whales eat tiny organisms called
krill. Sauropod dinosaurs were plant eaters, and needed large bodies to
act as a fermentation tank, much like modern elephants.

> Clearly, any fool can see
> the Dino would expend more energy then the whale and therefore require
> more oxygen.

Well, you clearly a fool, but there isn't any reason why a large sauropod
would require more oxygen than a blue whale. Blue whales are endothermic
mammals, who probably had a much higher metabolism than sauropods, which may
or may not have been warm blooded. Sauropods were plant eaters, who didn't
have to chase down their prey, and probably spent a large amount of their
time grazing. Swimming requires more energy than walking.

> Besides, we have air samples that clearly show the air had more
> oxygen.

Actually, the air during the mesozoic had lower oxygen levels.
http://gsa.confex.com/gsa/2007AM/finalprogram/abstract_127494.htm

> The only way to have more oxygen would be to have more plants. The
> only way to have more plants would be to have more land for the plants
> to grow on.

Don't you know that plants also live in water?

> Pre flood conditions would satisfy this criteria of more plants and
> therefore more oxygen.

There's no evidence of a global flood, so talking about 'pre flood'
conditions is pointless.

>A THIN vapor canopy above the earth would NOT
> rise the pressure above more then 2 atmospheres.

There's no evidence of a vapor canopy of any depth.

> So between the
> canapoy above and the subterainian water chambers below, (of which
> some are still down there),

There's no evidence of any subterrainian water chambers, now or at any time.

> there is more then enough water to flood
> the earth and reduce it's land mass as an after effect.

No evidence of any of this.

DJT

heekster

Oct 3, 2009, 8:21:02 PM10/3/09
<ap...@email.com> wrote:

>OK my pets,
>
>I was looking at some pic's of Dinos today and something seemed odd.
>Compared to their body size Dino's have rather small nostrils. Hardly
>large enough to transport the oxygen necessary for an 80 foot long
>body weighing many tons.
>

>So this leads one to believe that they either took one step and rested
>for 12 hours or, they needed to breathe less; Because your beloved
>evolution would have evolved the necessary nose size for the creature
>to survive. Right? RIGHT?
>

>Therefore the oxygen levels in the atmosphere must have been higher
>before the flood which in turn provided the necessary levels of oxygen
>requiring less breathing.

Which raises the obvious question: how do you breathe, with your
backside firmly planted on your shoulders?

<snipped the imbecilities>

Jim

Oct 3, 2009, 10:42:04 PM10/3/09
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Oct 3, 4:28 pm, All-seeing-I <ap...@email.com> wrote:
> On Oct 3, 1:52 pm, Jim <jimwille...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Oct 3, 2:29 pm, All-seeing-I <ap...@email.com> wrote:
>
> > > OK my pets,
>
> > > I was looking at some pic's of Dinos today and something seemed odd.
> > > Compared to their body size Dino's have rather small nostrils. Hardly
> > > large enough to transport the oxygen necessary for an 80 foot long
> > > body weighing many tons.
>
> > Um...  how big are the blowholes of a blue whale?  How about the
> > nostrils of an elephant?  Did you take into account at least some
> > dinosaurs had avian continuous-flow respiration?  I'd ask to see the
> > math behind this assertion of yours, but I know better.
>
> Neither an elephant or whale are the size of a Dino. It takes much
> less effort to move about in water then it does on land. Less effort =
> less oxygen needed. The whale is also not 80 feel long and 30 or 40
> feet tall with a need to run.

Um - which is more tiring, walking a mile or swimming a mile? Which
has more frictional resistance, air or water? And you're right, the
blue whale is not as large as the larger dinosaurs - it's larger.
And while we're at it, have you considered the oxygen required to keep
warm while immersed in sea water off Iceland? You gotta metabolize
like all get-out to avoid hypothermia, and that requires oxygen (FYI
the lung capacity of a blue whale is on the order of 5,000 liters:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Whale).

> Avian continuous-flow respiration is found on birds today. Hardly a
> trait of an 80 foot long dino. Is there any evidence of adaptations in
> its skeleton that would allow continuous-flow respiration? None that I
> know of. That means, for now anyway, Dino's are assumed to have a
> respiratory system like that of similar creatures.

Allow me to begin to alleviate your burden of ignorance:

O'Connor PM, Claessens LPAM (2005) Basic avian pulmonary design and
flow-through ventilation in non-avian theropod dinosaurs. Nature
436:253-256.

Or, a more recent study of skeletal evidence for avian-type
respiration in theropods, including Allosaurus and T. rex.:

Schachner, E.R, Tyler R. Lyson, T.R, Peter Dodson, P., 2009,
Evolution of the Respiratory System in Nonavian Theropods: Evidence
From Rib and Vertebral Morphology. The Anatomical Record: Advances in
Integrative Anatomy and Evolutionary Biology, 292 (9): 1501-1513.

And a study of skeletal evidence for avian respiration in sauropods
(the big 'uns, Diplodocus and Titanosaur):

Wedel, M.J., 2003, Vertebral pneumaticity, air sacs, and the
physiology of saruopod dinosaurs. Paleobiology, 29 (2), 243-255.

So it seems that your 'Dino's' had highly efficient, flow-through
pulmonary systems.

> Plus we have other rather large fossil evidence that eludes all of
> life may have been bigger at one time. Giant cockroaches,, giant
> plants.

If I recall correctly those lived during the Mississippian and
Pennsylvanian periods (Carboniferous, to our friends across the
water), roughly a hundred million years before the large sauropods.
That is why you don't find huge insect fossils in the same strata as
dinosaur fossils. Further, you have the end-Permian extinction
(which probably did nasty things to larger critters) occurring between
the big bugs and big lizards.

> Then, Inside of amber tiny air bubbles have been discovered
> that have 30% more oxygen then the air of today.

cite?

<snip Ye Floode and Vapour Canopy drivel>

R Brown

Oct 3, 2009, 11:04:03 PM10/3/09

"All-seeing-I" <ap...@email.com> wrote in message

> OK my pets,
>
> I was looking at some pic's of Dinos today and something seemed odd.
> Compared to their body size Dino's have rather small nostrils. Hardly
> large enough to transport the oxygen necessary for an 80 foot long
> body weighing many tons.
>
> So this leads one to believe that they either took one step and rested
> for 12 hours or, they needed to breathe less; Because your beloved
> evolution would have evolved the necessary nose size for the creature
> to survive. Right? RIGHT?
>
> Therefore the oxygen levels in the atmosphere must have been higher
> before the flood which in turn provided the necessary levels of oxygen
> requiring less breathing.
>
> So. How did we lose the oxygen levels? The vapor canopy fell, the
> "fountains of the deep" broke up at the continental fault lines when
> then released enough water from above and below to flood the earth.
>
> The result altered the atmosphere and left much more of the earth
> covered in water.
>
> Noah's flood changed everything.
>
> How about THAT
>
> --
> This has been another nose knows lesson for you from:
>
> The All Seeing I

Simple. We all know dinosaurs were dumb. They probably breathed through
their mouths, just like you and your friends at the institute do. Pudding
for dessert tonight?

Baron Bodissey

Oct 3, 2009, 11:15:48 PM10/3/09
On Oct 3, 4:33 pm, All-seeing-I <ap...@email.com> wrote:
<snip>

I ask again:

All-seeing-I

Oct 3, 2009, 11:20:40 PM10/3/09
On Oct 3, 5:43 pm, Caranx latus <kar...@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> All-seeing-I wrote:
> > On Oct 3, 4:30 pm, Augray <aug...@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > Is the whale 30 40 or posibiliy more feet tall? as well as 90 feet
> > long? No.
>
> As has been pointed out elsewhere, blue whales are the largest known
> animal that ever lived.
>
> You should also be aware that oxygen use is a function of the mass of an
> animal. You need to take all three dimensions into consideration, and
> not just the height and length. Coincidentally, the blue whale is the
> most massive animal that ever lived.
>
> > Do whales need to move 4 limbs in otder to run? No. Do
> > whales have the same digestive track? No. Clearly, any fool can see
> > the Dino would expend more energy then the whale and therefore require
> > more oxygen.
>
> Would you please stop referring to "the Dino" and "the whale"? Dinosaurs
> and whales both come in a range of sizes. If you want to be specific,
> pick one species of each and talk about those.
>
> Thought experiment time: Two athletes compete to complete a distance of
> 100 meters: one in water, and one on land. One athlete has a time of 10
> seconds, and the other has a time of 50 seconds. Which one was in water?
> Which one expended more energy?

It is not a matter of the time. It is a matter of which one needed the
most oxygen to generate the energy. I bet the runner used up more
oxygen in a shorter period of time. In fact I know it. The guy in the
water was holding his breath most of the time whereas the runner was
panting like a dog by the time he saw the finish lne.

> > Besides, we have air samples that clearly show the air had more
> > oxygen.
>
> > The only way to have more oxygen would be to have more plants. The
> > only way to have more plants would be to have more land for the plants
> > to grow on.
>
> The *only* way?

The best way.

> > Pre flood conditions would satisfy this criteria of more plants and
> > therefore more oxygen. A THIN vapor canopy above the earth would NOT
> > rise the pressure above more then 2 atmospheres.
>
> How THIN was it? And how dense? What would the equivalent depth in
> liquid water have been?
>
> <snip>

Not much would be needed to create a green house effect. Look at
today's ovone warming the planet

odin

Oct 3, 2009, 11:39:17 PM10/3/09
> Not much would be needed to create a green house effect. Look at
> today's ovone warming the planet

"Ovone" is not a greenhouse gas. In fact it is not even a thing.
*Ozone* is not much of a greenhouse gas either. And the main problem
with ozone is that it is to thin at high altitude, not that there is
too much of it (it is a pollutant though). The problem with greenhouse
gas is that it is too thick. Do you never get *anything* correct?

-lord fnord

odin

Oct 3, 2009, 11:50:24 PM10/3/09

I should point out that Ozone is not *much* of a greenhouse gas. But
it can indeed have a small greenhouse effect. Just about any gas can.
But I thought I better clear that up just in case some twit wants to
make an issue out of that. The other issues (pollution and thinning/
uv) are the real ozone problems.

bobsyo...@yahoo.com

Oct 4, 2009, 12:09:58 AM10/4/09

"All-seeing-I" <ap...@email.com> wrote in message
> OK my pets,
>
> I was looking at some pic's of Dinos today and something seemed odd.
> Compared to their body size Dino's have rather small nostrils. Hardly
> large enough to transport the oxygen necessary for an 80 foot long
> body weighing many tons.
>
> So this leads one to believe that they either took one step and rested
> for 12 hours or, they needed to breathe less; Because your beloved
> evolution would have evolved the necessary nose size for the creature
> to survive. Right? RIGHT?

Or to the reality that your premier assertion means shit.

> Therefore the oxygen levels in the atmosphere must have been higher
> before the flood which in turn provided the necessary levels of oxygen
> requiring less breathing.

What flood?

> So. How did we lose the oxygen levels? The vapor canopy fell, the
> "fountains of the deep" broke up at the continental fault lines when
> then released enough water from above and below to flood the earth.

What vapor canopy?
What "fountains of the deep"?

> The result altered the atmosphere and left much more of the earth
> covered in water.
>
> Noah's flood changed everything.
>
> How about THAT

You trying fot the "Most Stupid Fantasy of the Year Award"?

> --
> This has been another nose knows lesson for you from:
>
> The All Seeing I

who, obviously, can't see beyond his own nose.

Caranx latus

Oct 4, 2009, 12:27:04 AM10/4/09

Okay, I'll bite. How do you know it? Because you want it to be so?

> The guy in the
> water was holding his breath most of the time whereas the runner was
> panting like a dog by the time he saw the finish lne.

I assume you don't know how to swim. A good swimmer does not hold their
breath for any significant length of time.

Do you genuinely think that the runner will be "panting like a dog"?
Have you never watched a 100m dash before? Another video:
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnBpnltTrMo&NR=1>
The video is of Usain Bolt breaking the record in 2008 with a record
time of 9.72. The sprint starts at the 0:06 second mark, is over at the
0:16 second mark, but Bolt doesn't stop running until the 0:47 second
mark. Once the sprint is complete, he continues to run although at a
slower rate, taking a victory lap. He is *not* panting like a dog.

>>> Besides, we have air samples that clearly show the air had more
>>> oxygen.
>>> The only way to have more oxygen would be to have more plants. The
>>> only way to have more plants would be to have more land for the plants
>>> to grow on.
>> The *only* way?
>
> The best way.

Then why did you say it was the only way? And wouldn't a better way be
to increase the amount of algae in the oceans? The oceans represent
approximately 70% of the surface of the planet, and light penetrates
water easily to a depth of 100 feet. Far more potential for plants in
the oceans than on land.

>>> Pre flood conditions would satisfy this criteria of more plants and
>>> therefore more oxygen. A THIN vapor canopy above the earth would NOT
>>> rise the pressure above more then 2 atmospheres.
>> How THIN was it? And how dense? What would the equivalent depth in
>> liquid water have been?
>>
>> <snip>
>
> Not much would be needed to create a green house effect. Look at
> today's ovone warming the planet

I repeat: How THIN was it? How dense? What would the equivalent depth in
liquid water have been? Have some conviction in your beliefs and take a
stand.

Thurisaz the Einherjer

Oct 4, 2009, 3:00:47 AM10/4/09
Morontheist "all-seeing-I(diot)":

> So. How did we lose the oxygen levels? The utterly impossible vapor canopy
> fell, the ludicrously impossible "fountains of the deep" broke up at the

> continental fault lines when then released enough water from above and

> below to flood the earth with water that must've just poofed in out of
> nowhere.
> The result altered the atmosphere despite water and water vapor having no
> effect at all on atmospheric oxygen and left much more of the earth
> covered in water.
> Noah's flood which is totally fucking impossible and flies in the face of
> well-known basic scientific principles in about 7 million ways changed
> everything.

Omissions in OP filled in for the sake of completeness.

--
Romans 2:24 revised:
"For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you

My personal judgment of monotheism: http://www.carcosa.de/nojebus

Sapient Fridge

Oct 4, 2009, 4:13:33 AM10/4/09
In message
<ec4e44a8-0e86-4f77...@d34g2000vbm.googlegroups.com>,
All-seeing-I <ap...@email.com> writes

>On Oct 3, 1:52�pm, Jim <jimwille...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Oct 3, 2:29�pm, All-seeing-I <ap...@email.com> wrote:
>>
>> > OK my pets,
>>
>> > I was looking at some pic's of Dinos today and something seemed odd.
>> > Compared to their body size Dino's have rather small nostrils. Hardly
>> > large enough to transport the oxygen necessary for an 80 foot long
>> > body weighing many tons.
>>
>> Um... �how big are the blowholes of a blue whale? �How about the
>> nostrils of an elephant? �Did you take into account at least some
>> dinosaurs had avian continuous-flow respiration? �I'd ask to see the
>> math behind this assertion of yours, but I know better.
>
>Neither an elephant or whale are the size of a Dino. It takes much
>less effort to move about in water then it does on land. Less effort =
>less oxygen needed. The whale is also not 80 feel long and 30 or 40
>feet tall with a need to run.
>
>Avian continuous-flow respiration is found on birds today. Hardly a
>trait of an 80 foot long dino. Is there any evidence of adaptations in
>its skeleton that would allow continuous-flow respiration?

Yes:

http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/science/profiles/wedel_0609.php

> None that I
>know of.

You do now. Not that it will stop you making the same claim in 6 months
time.
--
sapient_...@spamsights.org ICQ #17887309 * Save the net *
Grok: http://spam.abuse.net http://www.cauce.org * nuke a spammer *

Sapient Fridge

Oct 4, 2009, 4:23:29 AM10/4/09
In message
<4800bc80-e97d-4cce...@d4g2000vbm.googlegroups.com>,
Baron Bodissey <mct...@yahoo.com> writes

>On Oct 3, 4:33�pm, All-seeing-I <ap...@email.com> wrote:
><snip>
>
>I ask again:
>
>Just exactly what skeletal modification would you expect if dinosaurs
>had the capability of continuous-flow respiration? And why. Exactly.

http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/science/profiles/wedel_0609.php

Mike Dworetsky

Oct 4, 2009, 6:25:29 AM10/4/09

On Oct 3, 5:43 pm, Caranx latus <kar...@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> All-seeing-I wrote:
> > On Oct 3, 4:30 pm, Augray <aug...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

<snip>

> Thought experiment time: Two athletes compete to complete a distance of
> 100 meters: one in water, and one on land. One athlete has a time of 10
> seconds, and the other has a time of 50 seconds. Which one was in water?
> Which one expended more energy?

It is not a matter of the time. It is a matter of which one needed the
most oxygen to generate the energy. I bet the runner used up more
oxygen in a shorter period of time. In fact I know it. The guy in the
water was holding his breath most of the time whereas the runner was
panting like a dog by the time he saw the finish lne.

MD:

So when you hold your breath while swimming, you are not consuming any
oxygen? Are you aware that this is a feat only achieved by dead people or
animals? Have you never heard of metabolism? Ever held your breath under
water for as long as possible, then you came up and did not gasp for breath?
Somehow I doubt it.

Y.O.O., Please add to your list of his moronic claims, that he thinks that
if you hold your breath while performing an athletic feat, you don't consume
any oxygen.

[rest of Twatman's moronicity snipped in the interests of humanity]

--
Mike Dworetsky

(Remove pants sp*mbl*ck to reply)

Kevin Anthoney

Oct 4, 2009, 6:57:02 AM10/4/09

What's height got to do with anything?

> as well as 90 feet long? No.

Depends on the whale.

> Do whales need to move 4 limbs in otder to run? No.

Did dinosaurs have to swim through a viscous fluid? No.

> Do whales have the same digestive track? No.

So?

> Clearly, any fool can see the Dino would expend more energy then
> the whale and therefore require more oxygen.
>
> Besides, we have air samples that clearly show the air had more
> oxygen.

Oxygen levels during the Jurassic were indeed 30% higher than present,
according to Wikipedia. So?

> The only way to have more oxygen would be to have more plants. The
> only way to have more plants would be to have more land for the plants
> to grow on.

Ever heard of phytoplankton?

> Pre flood conditions would satisfy this criteria of more plants and
> therefore more oxygen. A THIN vapor canopy above the earth would NOT
> rise the pressure above more then 2 atmospheres. So between the
> canapoy above and the subterainian water chambers below, (of which
> some are still down there),there is more then enough water to flood
> the earth and reduce it's land mass as an after effect.

Tip: the whole flood thing was a *story*. It didn't actually happen.

> Less land mass = less plants = less oxygen

--
Kevin Anthoney
kanthoney/a/dsl.pipex.com

Panthera Atrox

Oct 4, 2009, 12:11:59 PM10/4/09
On Oct 3, 2:29�pm, All-seeing-I <ap...@email.com> wrote:
> OK my pets,
>
> I was looking at some pic's of Dinos today and something seemed odd.
> Compared to their body size Dino's have rather small nostrils. Hardly
> large enough to transport the oxygen necessary for an 80 foot long
> body weighing many tons.
>
> So this leads one to believe that they either took one step and rested
> for 12 hours or, they needed to breathe less; Because your beloved
> evolution would have evolved the necessary nose size for the creature
> to survive.

I think you need to look at this animal's skull again, they had huge
sinuses and we really do not know what their external nasal openings
were like although they probually had pretty simple openings like
other reptles and birds.

Ahhhh BIRDS! These amazing creatures are T-Rex's closest living
relatives and why not check out their nasal openings? Pretty small
huh? Yet they are quite active animals...

Fun question though.

Kevin Anthoney

Oct 4, 2009, 1:08:47 PM10/4/09

Also, if we're going to use movies as a valid source of information (see
"Left Behind" thread), then we can confidently state that a T Rex's
nostrils are easily big enough to blow a man's hat clean off his head.
I couldn't do that with my nostrils! And a brachiosaur can easily cover
a small girl from head to toe with phlegm, so they've got some breathing
power, too.

--
Kevin Anthoney
kanthoney/a/dsl.pipex.com

Baron Bodissey

Oct 4, 2009, 4:51:40 PM10/4/09

Thanks but I wanted All-seeing-I to explain it since I figured he
didn't have the slightest idea what he was talking about.

Baron Bodissey
When science is on the march, nothing stands in its way.
– Amazon Women on the Moon

Allen

Oct 5, 2009, 1:02:30 PM10/5/09
heekster <heek...@ifiwxtc.net> wrote in

He's an slack-jawed open-mouth breather just like this t-tex
http://www.originalprop.com/blog/2008/08/01/profiles-in-history-32-held-
yesterday-today/ or
http://preview.tinyurl.com/ycc6sto

Come to think of it, those nostrils are small ;>}

Allen

Kermit

Oct 5, 2009, 1:21:12 PM10/5/09
On Oct 3, 2:15 pm, VoiceOfReason <papa_...@cybertown.com> wrote:
> All-seeing-I wrote:

> > > Um...  how big are the blowholes of a blue whale?  How about the
> > > nostrils of an elephant?  Did you take into account at least some
> > > dinosaurs had avian continuous-flow respiration?  I'd ask to see the
> > > math behind this assertion of yours, but I know better.
>
> > Neither an elephant or whale are the size of a Dino.
>
> The modern-day blue whale is the largest animal that ever lived - it
> is larger than any dinosaur was.

Not true.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Gorgo_1961.jpg

> Idiot.
>
> Here's a K-12 explanation to help you out:http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjects/dinosaurs/anatomy/Size.shtml
>
> <snip remaining stupidity>

Kermit

Dwib

Oct 5, 2009, 1:37:05 PM10/5/09
On Oct 3, 1:29 pm, All-seeing-I <ap...@email.com> wrote:
> OK my pets,

I find your attitude highly offensive.

Dwib

Mike Dworetsky

Oct 5, 2009, 5:22:35 PM10/5/09
"Kermit" <unrestra...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

On Oct 3, 2:15 pm, VoiceOfReason <papa_...@cybertown.com> wrote:
> All-seeing-I wrote:

> > > Um... how big are the blowholes of a blue whale? How about the
> > > nostrils of an elephant? Did you take into account at least some
> > > dinosaurs had avian continuous-flow respiration? I'd ask to see the
> > > math behind this assertion of yours, but I know better.
>
> > Neither an elephant or whale are the size of a Dino.
>
> The modern-day blue whale is the largest animal that ever lived - it
> is larger than any dinosaur was.

MD: Ah. Proof by B-picture poster. I'm convinced. It could only have been
drawn from life.

VoiceOfReason

Oct 5, 2009, 8:06:45 PM10/5/09
On Oct 5, 1:21 pm, Kermit <unrestrained_h...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 3, 2:15 pm, VoiceOfReason <papa_...@cybertown.com> wrote:
>

> > All-seeing-I wrote:

> > > Neither an elephant or whale are the size of a Dino.
>
> > The modern-day blue whale is the largest animal that ever lived - it
> > is larger than any dinosaur was.
>
> Not true.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Gorgo_1961.jpg

Dammit Kermit! I'll never get all this soda off my keyboard...

chibiabos

Oct 6, 2009, 12:39:54 PM10/6/09
In article
<e6cb0127-0fb6-42ac...@j9g2000prh.googlegroups.com>,
odin <odin...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > So. How did we lose the oxygen levels? The vapor canopy fell, the

> > "fountains of the deep" broke up at the continental fault lines when

> > then released enough water from above and below to flood the earth.
>
> How does that additional water reduce oxygen levels exactly? Missed
> that bit.

There is a parody of Martha Stewart floating around the internet (which
I can't find at the moment) in which all of the ingredients in a meal
are made from scratch.

One of the dishes is soup. Main ingredient: water.

"Simply mix 2 parts hydrogen with 1 part oxygen . . . ."

Clearly, that's where all the oxygen went.

-chib

--
Member of SMASH
Sarcastic Middle-Aged Atheists with a Sense of Humor

Walter Bushell

Oct 12, 2009, 4:13:26 PM10/12/09
In article
<ec4e44a8-0e86-4f77...@d34g2000vbm.googlegroups.com>,
All-seeing-I <ap...@email.com> wrote:

> Neither an elephant or whale are the size of a Dino. It takes much

> less effort to move about in water then it does on land. Less effort =
> less oxygen needed. The whale is also not 80 feel long and 30 or 40
> feet tall with a need to run.

Hat's back on gentlemen an idiot!

--
A computer without Microsoft is like a chocolate cake without mustard.

Walter Bushell

Oct 12, 2009, 4:12:38 PM10/12/09
In article <061020090939549500%chib...@nospam.com>,
chibiabos <chib...@nospam.com> wrote:

No, to be really from scratch you have to make the oxygen out of
hydrogen. Purists make the hydrogen out of radiation. Hyper purists need
to do brane surgery to get the radiation.

Iain

Oct 13, 2009, 3:53:47 AM10/13/09
On Oct 3, 9:28 pm, All-seeing-I <ap...@email.com> wrote:

> Neither an elephant or whale are the size of a Dino.

Just looking at cock-eyed statements like this, I sometimes wonder why
I bother.

'A dino', eh?

--Iain

Ye Old One

Oct 13, 2009, 7:44:19 AM10/13/09

Nobody appears to have told him that the Blue Whale is the largest
animal ever :)

--
Bob.

Iain

Oct 14, 2009, 2:52:51 AM10/14/09

Nor the fact that dinosaurs have a variety of sizes.

Something I've known almost since the crib.

--Iain

Walter Bushell

Oct 14, 2009, 12:13:57 PM10/14/09
In article
<338d1b26-79a3-479b...@a32g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,
Iain <iain_i...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Some dinos are small enough to be an individual portion. Or even less
one can eat several at a sitting.

Alcari ambaron

Oct 18, 2009, 6:55:55 AM10/18/09
There are a few problems with your "hypothesis".
Ignoring how you have to break just about every law of physics to get
Hovind's vapor canopy idea to fit with reality...

Have you seen a whale lately?

On Oct 3, 8:29 pm, All-seeing-I <ap...@email.com> wrote:
> OK my pets,
>
> I was looking at some pic's of Dinos today and something seemed odd.
> Compared to their body size Dino's have rather small nostrils. Hardly
> large enough to transport the oxygen necessary for an 80 foot long
> body weighing many tons.
>

> So this leads one to believe that they either took one step and rested
> for 12 hours or, they needed to breathe less; Because your beloved
> evolution would have evolved the necessary nose size for the creature
> to survive. Right? RIGHT?
>
> Therefore the oxygen levels in the atmosphere must have been higher
> before the flood which in turn provided the necessary levels of oxygen
> requiring less breathing.
>

> So. How did we lose the oxygen levels? The vapor canopy fell, the
> "fountains of the deep" broke up at the continental fault lines when
> then released enough water from above and below to flood the earth.
>

> The result altered the atmosphere and left much more of the earth
> covered in water.
>

> Noah's flood changed everything.
>
> How about THAT

Iain

Oct 18, 2009, 3:57:45 PM10/18/09
On Oct 18, 11:55 am, Alcari ambaron <alcari.disposablem...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Have you seen a whale lately?

I wonder what AllSeeing thinks whales even are.

--Iain

Desertphile

Oct 18, 2009, 11:45:42 PM10/18/09

Big fish, just like dolphins.

--
http://desertphile.org
"Why aren't resurrections from the dead noteworthy?" -- Jim Rutz

Alandriel

Oct 20, 2009, 12:00:13 AM10/20/09
On Oct 3, 2:29 pm, All-seeing-I <ap...@email.com> wrote:
> OK my pets,
>
> I was looking at some pic's of Dinos today and something seemed odd.
> Compared to their body size Dino's have rather small nostrils. Hardly
> large enough to transport the oxygen necessary for an 80 foot long
> body weighing many tons.
>
> So this leads one to believe that they either took one step and rested
> for 12 hours or, they needed to breathe less; Because your beloved
> evolution would have evolved the necessary nose size for the creature
> to survive. Right? RIGHT?
>
> Therefore the oxygen levels in the atmosphere must have been higher
> before the flood which in turn provided the necessary levels of oxygen
> requiring less breathing.
>
> So. How did we lose the oxygen levels? The vapor canopy fell, the
> "fountains of the deep" broke up at the continental fault lines when
> then released enough water from above and below to flood the earth.
>
> The result altered the atmosphere and left much more of the earth
> covered in water.
>
> Noah's flood changed everything.
>
> How about THAT
>
> --
> This has been another nose knows lesson for you from:
>
> The All Seeing I

You are joking, right? How big are your nostrils compared to your body?