Noah's Ark just got a lot bigger.

Mike Painter

Feb 9, 2009, 11:21:42 PM2/9/09
"In just four years a University of Portsmouth palaeontologist has
discovered 48 new species from the age of the dinosaurs."

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/02/090209075822.htm

So if the dinosaurs were on the ark, it either was a lot bigger than the
bible says or it never happened.
--
Josh of San Diego (now 15) speaks out again
Josh of San Diego (14) speaks out!

phillip brown

Feb 9, 2009, 11:50:55 PM2/9/09

not to mention this...

http://www.iht.com/articles/2009/02/05/america/snake.php

phillip brown

[M]adman

Feb 10, 2009, 12:19:16 AM2/10/09
Mike Painter wrote:
> "In just four years a University of Portsmouth palaeontologist has
> discovered 48 new species from the age of the dinosaurs."
>
> http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/02/090209075822.htm
>
> So if the dinosaurs were on the ark, it either was a lot bigger than
> the bible says or it never happened.

You have no idea if Noah took Eggs or not, do you.

J.J. O'Shea

Feb 10, 2009, 12:42:00 AM2/10/09
On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 00:19:16 -0500, M]adman wrote
(in article <S_7kl.1888$i9....@bignews7.bellsouth.net>):

The Bible says rather specifically 'male and female' (Gen 6:19). Perhaps you
can explain exactly how he figured out which egg contain the male and which
the female? And how he did it with _all_ the various dinos etc?

Wombat

Feb 10, 2009, 2:30:19 AM2/10/09

Read your Bible, Genesis (Chapter 7 Verses 2 & 3).The 'male and his
female" don't sound much like eggs, more like sexually mature adults.
Anyway, how would Noah incubate these eggs? Sit on them himself?

Wombat

Devils Advocaat

Feb 10, 2009, 3:10:38 AM2/10/09

According to the Bible he took on board:

Genesis 6:19 two of every kind.

Genesis 7:2 beasts by sevens if clean, by two if unclean.

Genesis 7:3 fowls by sevens.

Genesis 7:9 two and two of every kind.

No mention of eggs of any sort being taken on board, but what use are
eggs without sperm to fertilise them?

And how did he find the tiny, tiny eggs of the mammals, if eggs are
what he took on board.

By the way none of your ancient flood stories says anything about only
the eggs of the animals being taken on board.

In fact many flood stories only mention humans being saved.

And in some nothing survives and it has to all be started over again.

How do you intend to address these discrepancies?

Reentrant

Feb 10, 2009, 4:17:50 AM2/10/09

Not that I want to give [M]adman any ammunition, but maybe dinosaurs had
temperature-dependent sex determination like nile crocodiles, so all Noah
had to do was incubate his dino eggs at a lower temperature than others.

BTW he never explained how two (or seven) bees, ants or termites survived
after Ye Floode.

--
Reentrant

Devils Advocaat

Feb 10, 2009, 6:07:09 AM2/10/09

Well according to the Amazing Dr Dino, the insects survived by
floating on rafts of vegetation.

Which doesn't quite match the Biblical account of Ye Greate Floode.

This same Dr Dino is, according to [M]adman, supposed to have made
many scientific discoveries.

But when asked about this, [M]adman just doesn't respond.

I wonder why this is the case?

> --
> Reentrant- Hide quoted text -

Wombat

Feb 10, 2009, 6:25:32 AM2/10/09

How?

Wombat

Reentrant

Feb 10, 2009, 6:59:47 AM2/10/09
Wombat wrote:
>> Not that I want to give [M]adman any ammunition, but maybe dinosaurs
>> had temperature-dependent sex determination like nile crocodiles, so
>> all Noah had to do was incubate his dino eggs at a lower temperature
>> than others.
>
> How?
>
> Wombat

I meant to say: incubate *some* eggs at lower temperature...

First collect your dinosaur eggs. Cover some with a big pile of manure - (no
shortage of of bullshit on the ark) - and put others in a smaller pile.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temperature-dependent_sex_determination.

--
Reentrant

Message has been deleted

J. J. Lodder

Feb 10, 2009, 7:20:02 AM2/10/09
Mike Painter <mddotp...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> "In just four years a University of Portsmouth palaeontologist has
> discovered 48 new species from the age of the dinosaurs."
>
> http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/02/090209075822.htm
>
> So if the dinosaurs were on the ark, it either was a lot bigger than the
> bible says or it never happened.

I never understood the 'dinos on the ark' bit.
(and died out afterwards)
Why should they have been?
The story has at least a tiny degree of coherence
if all those 'ante diluvian' things died out in the flood.

Jan

TomS

Feb 10, 2009, 7:24:43 AM2/10/09
"On Mon, 9 Feb 2009 20:21:42 -0800, in article
<lh7kl.13423$as4....@nlpi069.nbdc.sbc.com>, Mike Painter stated..."

>"In just four years a University of Portsmouth palaeontologist has
>discovered 48 new species from the age of the dinosaurs."
>
> http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/02/090209075822.htm
>
>So if the dinosaurs were on the ark, it either was a lot bigger than the
>bible says or it never happened.

They were all of the "dinosaur kind".

Seriously, the YECs have long admitted that there are too many
*species* of dinosaur to fit on the Ark. That's one of the uses
that they make of the word "kind".

--
---Tom S.
"As scarce as truth is, the supply has always been in excess of the demand."

Devils Advocaat

Feb 10, 2009, 7:34:02 AM2/10/09
On 10 Feb, 12:18, nmp <addr...@is.invalid> wrote:
> Devils Advocaat wrote:
> > [..] Dr Dino is, according to [M]adman, supposed to have made many

> > scientific discoveries.
>
> > But when asked about this, [M]adman just doesn't respond.
>
> > I wonder why this is the case?
>
> No you don't :D

That is where you are wrong, I _do_ wonder why [M]adman wont respond
to such postings.

VoiceOfReason

Feb 10, 2009, 7:49:11 AM2/10/09

Mike Painter wrote:
> "In just four years a University of Portsmouth palaeontologist has
> discovered 48 new species from the age of the dinosaurs."
>
> http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/02/090209075822.htm
>
> So if the dinosaurs were on the ark, it either was a lot bigger than the
> bible says or it never happened.

Or the ark myth was based on an actual historical (local flood) event
that was embellished by Sumerian, Babylonian and Jewish writers to
make it a more interesting story.

Robert Carnegie

Feb 10, 2009, 8:02:14 AM2/10/09
On Feb 10, 8:10 am, Devils Advocaat <mankyg...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On 10 Feb, 05:19, "[M]adman" <g...@hotmail.et> wrote:
>
> > Mike Painter wrote:
> > > "In just four years a University of Portsmouth palaeontologist has
> > > discovered 48 new species from the age of the dinosaurs."
>
> > >http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/02/090209075822.htm
>
> > > So if the dinosaurs were on the ark, it either was a lot bigger than
> > > the bible says or it never happened.
>
> > You have no idea if Noah took Eggs or not, do you.
>
> According to the Bible he took on board:
>
> Genesis 6:19 two of every kind.
>
> Genesis 7:2 beasts by sevens if clean, by two if unclean.
>
> Genesis 7:3 fowls by sevens.
>
> Genesis 7:9 two and two of every kind.
>
> No mention of eggs of any sort being taken on board, but what use are
> eggs without sperm to fertilise them?
>
> And how did he find the tiny, tiny eggs of the mammals, if eggs are
> what he took on board.

The bible says God got the animals to turn up to go on the ark. Not
doubt he also could arrange ovulation on schedule, and could instruct
Noah in the technique of artificial insemination, etc.

> By the way none of your ancient flood stories says anything about only
> the eggs of the animals being taken on board.

Whoops. Oh, and the sevens of animals walking on board in pairs.

dali_70

Feb 10, 2009, 8:12:07 AM2/10/09
Hell, forget the dino's, just getting all the mammals on board would
have been an engineering feat of immense proportions. Not to mention
the time, distances and manpower needed just to collect all the
critters. This story is so absurd on so many levels, only a completely
brain dead fucktard would believe it.

wf3h

Feb 10, 2009, 8:44:07 AM2/10/09

why? did he have a refrigerator for the eggs? and what happened when
mrs. noah wanted french toast?

JohnN

Feb 10, 2009, 10:06:21 AM2/10/09

And Noah never did take any unicorns either, pity.

JohnN

David H.

Feb 10, 2009, 10:17:10 AM2/10/09

"[M]adman" <gr...@hotmail.et> wrote in message

You KNOW the flood story is bullshit. This answer shows it, screams it.
Very weak attempt at saving your lie.

Message has been deleted

Devils Advocaat

Feb 10, 2009, 10:21:57 AM2/10/09

Or mermaids, or dryads, or minotaurs, or cyclopses (or is that
cyclopii), or leprechauns, or gryphons, or centaurs, or etc., etc.,
etc.

> JohnN

Message has been deleted

Ilas

Feb 10, 2009, 10:25:59 AM2/10/09
Devils Advocaat <mank...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in news:187179ca-2914-4fbf-
828c-7ba...@t11g2000yqg.googlegroups.com:

> No mention of eggs of any sort being taken on board, but what use are
> eggs without sperm to fertilise them?
>
> And how did he find the tiny, tiny eggs of the mammals, if eggs are
> what he took on board.
>
> By the way none of your ancient flood stories says anything about only
> the eggs of the animals being taken on board.
>
> In fact many flood stories only mention humans being saved.
>
> And in some nothing survives and it has to all be started over again.
>
> How do you intend to address these discrepancies?

Miracles? If they can have one, they can have as many as they want. In
other words, old beardy used miraculous events to wipe out life on Earth,
the nutjobs believe that, so what's to stop them believing that he used an
endless series of miracles to get round the endless series of
impossibilities? If they believe something as jaw droppingly, mind
numbingly dumb as Noah's flood, they will have no trouble with that. They
believe the Bible is the word of god, but when it suits, they don't believe
it's the whole word of god.

Walter Bushell

Feb 10, 2009, 11:24:28 AM2/10/09
In article <49919c3e$0$193$e4fe...@news.xs4all.nl>,
nmp <add...@is.invalid> wrote:

> The ancient storytellers would have said you were crazy if you had told
> them that thousands of years later, in 2009, there would be people who
> believed in their stories as literal truth.
>
> "But, it's just a story that we like telling!" - they would say.

You would have to get them to understand the idea of literal truth first.

Desertphile

Feb 10, 2009, 11:41:42 AM2/10/09
On Mon, 9 Feb 2009 20:21:42 -0800, "Mike Painter"
<mddotp...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> "In just four years a University of Portsmouth palaeontologist has
> discovered 48 new species from the age of the dinosaurs."
>
> http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/02/090209075822.htm
>
> So if the dinosaurs were on the ark, it either was a lot bigger than the
> bible says or it never happened.

Yes, and.... what the bloody fuck is a "kind" anyhow? I wonder if
feathered dinosaurs were a different "kind" than non-feathered
ones.

Odd how Creationists spend many hours explaining what a "kind" is
not, instead of explaining what a "kind" is.

--
http://desertphile.org
"Why aren't resurrections from the dead noteworthy?" -- Jim Rutz

Desertphile

Feb 10, 2009, 11:42:06 AM2/10/09
On Mon, 9 Feb 2009 23:19:16 -0600, "[M]adman" <gr...@hotmail.et>
wrote:

You have no idea if Easter Bunny leaves Eggs or not, do you.

RAM

Feb 10, 2009, 12:25:30 PM2/10/09
On Feb 10, 5:59 am, "Reentrant" <nos...@nospam.com> wrote:
> Wombat wrote:
> >> Not that I want to give [M]adman any ammunition, but maybe dinosaurs
> >> had temperature-dependent sex determination like nile crocodiles, so
> >> all Noah had to do was incubate his dino eggs at a lower temperature
> >> than others.
>
> > How?
>
> > Wombat
>
> I meant to say: incubate *some* eggs at lower temperature...
>
> First collect your dinosaur eggs. Cover some with a big pile of manure - (no
> shortage of of bullshit on the ark)

Nor in [M]adman posts.

J.J. O'Shea

Feb 10, 2009, 1:02:48 PM2/10/09
On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 11:41:42 -0500, Desertphile wrote
(in article <ufb3p4t02nv3n9kko...@4ax.com>):

> On Mon, 9 Feb 2009 20:21:42 -0800, "Mike Painter"
> <mddotp...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> "In just four years a University of Portsmouth palaeontologist has
>> discovered 48 new species from the age of the dinosaurs."
>>
>> http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/02/090209075822.htm
>>
>> So if the dinosaurs were on the ark, it either was a lot bigger than the
>> bible says or it never happened.
>
> Yes, and.... what the bloody fuck is a "kind" anyhow? I wonder if
> feathered dinosaurs were a different "kind" than non-feathered
> ones.
>
> Odd how Creationists spend many hours explaining what a "kind" is
> not, instead of explaining what a "kind" is.

That's 'cause they don't know what a kind is.

chris thompson

Feb 10, 2009, 1:15:58 PM2/10/09
On Feb 10, 7:20 am, nos...@de-ster.demon.nl (J. J. Lodder) wrote:

They need dinosaurs on the ark because they need a young earth. They
need dinosaurs to be coexisting with humans. Now, if dinosaurs
coexisted with humans (you gotta wonder why there's no paintings of
hadrosaurs rampaging through the wheat crops, though) you have to have
them on the ark, since the bibble says Noah took at least 2 of
everything.

I think the spec-fic people call this a "willing suspension of
disbelief". But most science-fiction fans seem to know they're reading
fantasy.

Chris

chris thompson

Feb 10, 2009, 1:19:18 PM2/10/09
On Feb 10, 10:24 am, nmp <addr...@is.invalid> wrote:
> The ancient storytellers would have said you were crazy if you had told
> them that thousands of years later, in 2009, there would be people who
> believed in their stories as literal truth.
>
> "But, it's just a story that we like telling!" - they would say.

I bet they'd be laughing their asses off:

"Ahmed can't get two donkeys hitched to the same cart and you think
you're getting 2 oxen on the same boat as 2 lions??? BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!
You idiot."

Chris

chris thompson

Feb 10, 2009, 1:20:18 PM2/10/09
On Feb 10, 1:02 pm, "J.J. O'Shea" <try.not...@but.see.sig> wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 11:41:42 -0500, Desertphile wrote
> (in article <ufb3p4t02nv3n9kkop366ce4vch66b6...@4ax.com>):

> > On Mon, 9 Feb 2009 20:21:42 -0800, "Mike Painter"
> > <mddotpain...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> >> "In just four years a University of Portsmouth palaeontologist has
> >> discovered 48 new species from the age of the dinosaurs."
>
> >>http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/02/090209075822.htm
>
> >> So if the dinosaurs were on the ark, it either was a lot bigger than the
> >> bible says or it never happened.
>
> > Yes, and.... what the bloody fuck is a "kind" anyhow? I wonder if
> > feathered dinosaurs were a different "kind" than non-feathered
> > ones.
>
> > Odd how Creationists spend many hours explaining what a "kind" is
> > not, instead of explaining what a "kind" is.
>
> That's 'cause they don't know what a kind is.

And that's the unkindest cut of all...

Chris

Message has been deleted

Greg G.

Feb 10, 2009, 1:36:31 PM2/10/09
On Feb 10, 10:24 am, nmp <addr...@is.invalid> wrote:
> VoiceOfReason wrote:
> The ancient storytellers would have said you were crazy if you had told
> them that thousands of years later, in 2009, there would be people who
> believed in their stories as literal truth.
>
> "But, it's just a story that we like telling!" - they would say.

The entertainment value of a story is a reflection on the storyteller.
Of course, they would juice it up a bit. Movies based on true stories
combine and compress events and characters to simplify the tale. That
is just as important in an oral story.

TomS

Feb 10, 2009, 1:52:42 PM2/10/09
"On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 10:19:18 -0800 (PST), in article
<23352bb4-15d0-45fc...@v13g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>, chris
thompson stated..."

Think about getting 7 bulls and 7 cows on the Ark.

One male and one female ant. (And what would happen after the Ark
landed and the two anteaters had their first meal.)

J.J. O'Shea

Feb 10, 2009, 2:14:28 PM2/10/09
On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 13:20:18 -0500, chris thompson wrote
(in article
<5de89e93-0b0e-4ae6...@x10g2000yqk.googlegroups.com>):

Never let creationists say that I've not had a kind word for them.

chris thompson

Feb 10, 2009, 2:32:28 PM2/10/09
On Feb 10, 12:19 am, "[M]adman" <g...@hotmail.et> wrote:
> Mike Painter wrote:
> > "In just four years a University of Portsmouth palaeontologist has
> > discovered 48 new species from the age of the dinosaurs."
>
> >http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/02/090209075822.htm
>
> > So if the dinosaurs were on the ark, it either was a lot bigger than
> > the bible says or it never happened.
>
> You have no idea if Noah took Eggs or not, do you.

Well, yes we do. We know he didn't. (By the way, it's good you brought
this up. It serves your unstated purpose of making flood biology look
really silly.)

In any case, the egg idea is fine...if you're talking about Nile
monitors. Noah could have just sent one of his shiftless sons out to
collect a few eggs. But how, pray tell, did he get eggs of, say,
indigo snakes (North America)? Or bearded dragons (Australia)? The
saving grace of having adults on the ark is that they could get to
Noah themselves. Eggs don't move around too well on their own, you
know.

Chris

Walter Bushell

Feb 10, 2009, 3:12:23 PM2/10/09
In article
<23352bb4-15d0-45fc...@v13g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,
chris thompson <chris.li...@gmail.com> wrote:

Yes, I remember when I was in Sunday school, "Why did Samson go down
amongst the Philistines."

"Shut up.", they explained.

Aside from Samson being made into a hero, when he was a physcopath.
Christ Almighty what a pal.

Walter Bushell

Feb 10, 2009, 3:13:53 PM2/10/09
In article <244291962.000...@drn.newsguy.com>,
TomS <TomS_...@newsguy.com> wrote:

> Think about getting 7 bulls and 7 cows on the Ark.
>
> One male and one female ant. (And what would happen after the Ark
> landed and the two anteaters had their first meal.)

It's a story you're just not supposed to think about.

Walter Bushell

Feb 10, 2009, 3:15:51 PM2/10/09
In article <49919a9f$0$193$e4fe...@news.xs4all.nl>,
nmp <add...@is.invalid> wrote:

> Devils Advocaat wrote:

> >> No you don't :D
> >
> > That is where you are wrong, I _do_ wonder why [M]adman wont respond to
> > such postings.
>
> Isn't it obvious? He does not respond because he has no response to make.
> None at all.
>
> Also, he will never admit to being wrong, misled or ignorant about
> aynthing. Psychologists must have a name for the condition that Madman
> suffers.

I suppose, but for a diagnosis, they should see him in person.

Walter Bushell

Feb 10, 2009, 3:16:40 PM2/10/09
In article
<7ea933c8-1979-49e3...@l1g2000yqj.googlegroups.com>,
Devils Advocaat <mank...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

We don't know, they may have been eaten, like the non avian dinos.

VoiceOfReason

Feb 10, 2009, 3:20:55 PM2/10/09
On Feb 10, 10:17 am, nmp <addr...@is.invalid> wrote:
> Devils Advocaat wrote:

> >> No you don't :D
>
> > That is where you are wrong, I _do_ wonder why [M]adman wont respond to
> > such postings.
>
> Isn't it obvious? He does not respond because he has no response to make.
> None at all.
>
> Also, he will never admit to being wrong, misled or ignorant about
> aynthing. Psychologists must have a name for the condition that Madman
> suffers.

Synapse envy.

J.J. O'Shea

Feb 10, 2009, 3:44:02 PM2/10/09
On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 15:12:23 -0500, Walter Bushell wrote
(in article <proto-769198....@news.panix.com>):

Come on, he a a good guy. He slew umpteen thousand with the jawbone of a
politician, after all.

David H.

Feb 10, 2009, 4:04:30 PM2/10/09

"J.J. O'Shea" <try.n...@but.see.sig> wrote in message

I think it's like the old porn saying... "I can't describe it but I know
it when I see it."
The problem is, they've never read playboy.

J. J. Lodder

Feb 10, 2009, 5:08:40 PM2/10/09
chris thompson <chris.li...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Feb 10, 7:20 am, nos...@de-ster.demon.nl (J. J. Lodder) wrote:
> > Mike Painter <mddotpain...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> > > "In just four years a University of Portsmouth palaeontologist has
> > > discovered 48 new species from the age of the dinosaurs."
> >
> > > http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/02/090209075822.htm
> >
> > > So if the dinosaurs were on the ark, it either was a lot bigger than the
> > > bible says or it never happened.
> >
> > I never understood the 'dinos on the ark' bit.
> > (and died out afterwards)
> > Why should they have been?
> > The story has at least a tiny degree of coherence
> > if all those 'ante diluvian' things died out in the flood.
> >
> > Jan
>
> They need dinosaurs on the ark because they need a young earth. They
> need dinosaurs to be coexisting with humans. Now, if dinosaurs
> coexisted with humans (you gotta wonder why there's no paintings of
> hadrosaurs rampaging through the wheat crops, though) you have to have
> them on the ark, since the bibble says Noah took at least 2 of
> everything.

Still don't get it.
The beasties died out, right?
So why have them on the ark,
and die out right after having survived the flood on it?
They could have died out before the flood,
and still have coexisted with humans.

Jan

Klaus Hellnick

Feb 10, 2009, 5:11:50 PM2/10/09
J.J. O'Shea wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 00:19:16 -0500, M]adman wrote
> (in article <S_7kl.1888$i9....@bignews7.bellsouth.net>):

>> Mike Painter wrote:
>>> "In just four years a University of Portsmouth palaeontologist has
>>> discovered 48 new species from the age of the dinosaurs."
>>>
>>> http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/02/090209075822.htm
>>>
>>> So if the dinosaurs were on the ark, it either was a lot bigger than
>>> the bible says or it never happened.
>> You have no idea if Noah took Eggs or not, do you.
>>

> The Bible says rather specifically 'male and female' (Gen 6:19). Perhaps you
> can explain exactly how he figured out which egg contain the male and which
> the female? And how he did it with _all_ the various dinos etc?

And how they walked aboard?

Bob Casanova

Feb 10, 2009, 6:21:38 PM2/10/09
On Mon, 9 Feb 2009 23:19:16 -0600, the following appeared in
talk.origins, posted by "[M]adman" <gr...@hotmail.et>:

>Mike Painter wrote:
>> "In just four years a University of Portsmouth palaeontologist has
>> discovered 48 new species from the age of the dinosaurs."
>>
>> http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/02/090209075822.htm
>>
>> So if the dinosaurs were on the ark, it either was a lot bigger than
>> the bible says or it never happened.
>
>You have no idea if Noah took Eggs or not, do you.

I do. Noah took nothing, since myths are incapable of
building boats, even those which can't float without
self-destructing.

But even in the context of the myth, I would have to answer
yes, I do; he took specimens mature enough that he could
determine their sex. Noah gathered the creatures without
God's direct help, and Noah would have no way to tell male
eggs from female eggs.

HTH
--

Bob C.

"Evidence confirming an observation is
- McNameless

[M]adman

Feb 10, 2009, 7:43:46 PM2/10/09
Devils Advocaat wrote:
> On 10 Feb, 12:18, nmp <addr...@is.invalid> wrote:
>> Devils Advocaat wrote:
>>> [..] Dr Dino is, according to [M]adman, supposed to have made many
>>> scientific discoveries.
>>
>>> But when asked about this, [M]adman just doesn't respond.
>>
>>> I wonder why this is the case?
>>
>> No you don't :D
>
> That is where you are wrong, I _do_ wonder why [M]adman wont respond
> to such postings.

Because they are lies or distortions of truth.

thats why

[M]adman

Feb 10, 2009, 7:45:03 PM2/10/09
Mike Painter wrote:
> "In just four years a University of Portsmouth palaeontologist has
> discovered 48 new species from the age of the dinosaurs."
>
> http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/02/090209075822.htm
>
> So if the dinosaurs were on the ark, it either was a lot bigger than
> the bible says or it never happened.

you have no idea if Noah took eggs on the board the Ark,

Do you.

Ron O

Feb 10, 2009, 8:03:17 PM2/10/09
On Feb 9, 11:42 pm, "J.J. O'Shea" <try.not...@but.see.sig> wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 00:19:16 -0500, M]adman wrote
> (in article <S_7kl.1888$i9....@bignews7.bellsouth.net>):
>
> > Mike Painter wrote:
> >> "In just four years a University of Portsmouth palaeontologist has
> >> discovered 48 new species from the age of the dinosaurs."
>
> >>http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/02/090209075822.htm
>
> >> So if the dinosaurs were on the ark, it either was a lot bigger than
> >> the bible says or it never happened.
>
> > You have no idea if Noah took Eggs or not, do you.
>
> The Bible says rather specifically 'male and female' (Gen 6:19). Perhaps you
> can explain exactly how he figured out which egg contain the male and which
> the female? And how he did it with _all_ the various dinos etc?
>
> --
> email to oshea dot j dot j at gmail dot com.

Noah was also drifting around in a boat full of poop for around a year
(all the decks were poop decks). The eggs would have hatched and he
would have had to feed the babies something. Since babies eat more
food than adults per body weight you would have to pack more food for
the growing hord per weight of animals, and the babies would just keep
growing and increase the problem, and decreasing the space that you
would have saved.

It isn't a literal interpretation, but some guys claim that God would
have put the animals to sleep and maybe loaded baby dinos on the Ark.
KSJJ ought to come back and explain how to fit all the animals on the
ark. I don't think that he believed that dinos were on the ark, and
he still had problems.

Ron Okimoto

Ron Okimoto

Mike Painter

Feb 10, 2009, 8:02:37 PM2/10/09
chris thompson wrote:
> On Feb 10, 7:20 am, nos...@de-ster.demon.nl (J. J. Lodder) wrote:
>> Mike Painter <mddotpain...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>>> "In just four years a University of Portsmouth palaeontologist has
>>> discovered 48 new species from the age of the dinosaurs."
>>
>>> http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/02/090209075822.htm
>>
>>> So if the dinosaurs were on the ark, it either was a lot bigger
>>> than the bible says or it never happened.
>>
>> I never understood the 'dinos on the ark' bit.
>> (and died out afterwards)
>> Why should they have been?
>> The story has at least a tiny degree of coherence
>> if all those 'ante diluvian' things died out in the flood.
>>
>> Jan
The bible is very specific that two, or seven of everything was to be
brought on the ark.
If the dinosaur was a kind then man and all the other apes are a kind.
Of course there were a lot off things that were big, lived in the time and
were not dinosaurs.

Mike Painter

Feb 10, 2009, 8:06:37 PM2/10/09
Eggs hatch within a year if they are maintained properly.

Greg G.

Feb 10, 2009, 8:29:06 PM2/10/09
On Feb 10, 3:13 pm, Walter Bushell <pr...@panix.com> wrote:
> In article <244291962.00003884.032.0...@drn.newsguy.com>,

>  TomS <TomS_mem...@newsguy.com> wrote:
> > Think about getting 7 bulls and 7 cows on the Ark.
>
> > One male and one female ant. (And what would happen after the Ark
> > landed and the two anteaters had their first meal.)
>
> It's a story you're just not supposed to think about.

They were still called planteaters for a reason.

Elijahovah

Feb 10, 2009, 8:55:59 PM2/10/09
No where does anyone but an evil Satanic dispicable liar defending the
Bible or an evil dispicable liar attacking the Bible (anyone with
simple clear metal vision except the jackass christians and jack ass
scientists), would insist any adult animal was collected by Noah.
Logic says baby female elephant and baby male elephant, baby
Indoneisan male dragon and baby female dragon. No where does it say
eggs, it isnt logical.

Then you have the issue of why no christian or no atheist accepts the
miscalculated Flood dates by Noah's descendents; the 3114 BC Sep 7
(Greg Aug 12) of the Maya, the 3090 BC Oct 5 of the Egyptians, the
Hindu 3102 BC Feb 17 (Greg Jan 22) debated as Feb 16/18; the Japanese
3060 BC Feb 2 as Noah's 5-27 used by Josephus, the Greek Flood 2958 BC
where 2957 BC Sep 1 on Thoth 1 follows Koyak 25 as Dec 25, the
NeoBabylon Flood 2947 BC whose Thoth 1 Aug 30 (is our Sep 12 in leap
years) because its 2945 BC Thoth 1 is our other three years of Aug 29
(our Sep 11 Coptic new year expecting a new world to start out with a
Jubilee of world trade collapse taking the beast's number away). Those
who argue are the stupid and they die next month. The hour is here,
you cant see the last hour so now you cant see this hour either. What
about the Islamic Flood of 3122 BC Oct 13! Oh wait they have Allah
(God) so they dont count; it has to be the pagans already listed. Cant
be Jewish Flood 2105 BC because you guys want to insist that a 19-year
calendar in 3761 BC must be the city Nineveh not Adam as the Jews say.
The people who actually lived in the Bible could come back to life and
teach you more science than YOU know. Yeh there were things they didnt
know that we do. But just because you buy a TV in a country that makes
them doesnt mean you with the big mouth knows how it works. When the
priests of the big television factory temple all die, your last day of
TV is when it burns out because you dont know how the magical thing
worked. Then we too can say you beleived in magic. Try and tell a
resurrected person that before the great global disaster that you used
to watch moving pictures on a box. They will thik youre the one
dreaming up magic or half insane. And you wont have a TV to prove we
once had them. Nor will you know the big secrets our world kept in how
to make them.

ELIJAH
preparing this year
the million who'll live among the billion dead.
Look guys, dont argue with those you know will die.
Houston wasnt stupid like the WTC, they told everyone to get out,
and when the hurricane comes thru then no good men are going to
be lost or killed saving the arrogant beligerant. (Unlike stupid fire
fighters
saving a billion dollar building, and 3000 people who were told to
stay on
their jobs because it was the other building.) On April 9 an asteroid
will
hit and your government will tell you to stay home (and die).
Jehovah will save you if you defy them, he will kill you if you obey
them.
The odds of being saved are like being Lot walking out of Sodom,
or like his wife. When it is said that none of Jehovah have died,
it is because the reason of those who died can be clearly seen as
those who risked and got caught in it.

Walter Bushell

Feb 10, 2009, 10:27:44 PM2/10/09
In article <gmsou...@news4.newsguy.com>,

Hey, killing with the jawbone of a politician is easy George III made
Samson look like a piker.

chris thompson

Feb 10, 2009, 10:33:45 PM2/10/09

How did Noah get kiwi eggs?

Kent Paul Dolan

Feb 10, 2009, 10:47:58 PM2/10/09
File under: "two words for the win".

>> Psychologists must have a name for
>> the condition that Madman suffers.

> Synapse envy.

xanthian.

[M]adman

Feb 10, 2009, 11:50:36 PM2/10/09

I often tease others here about seeking professional help.

This time i am not teasing.

SEEK PROFESSIONAL HELP

DO IT SOON!

[M]adman

Feb 10, 2009, 11:52:46 PM2/10/09

Ask Noah

Devils Advocaat

Feb 11, 2009, 12:46:36 AM2/11/09

So did you say in some previous thread that Dr Dino (aka Kent Hovind)
had made some scientific discoveries or not?

If you did, then what scientific discoveries did he make?

If you didn't then why are certain posters asking you to say what they
were?

Finally if these posters are lying or distorting the truth, why don't
you put them right?

After all your silence on this matter doesn't make it look good for
you.

Devils Advocaat

Feb 11, 2009, 12:52:39 AM2/11/09
On 11 Feb, 01:55, Elijahovah <rschil...@wi.rr.com> wrote:
> No where does anyone but an evil Satanic dispicable liar defending the
> Bible or an evil dispicable liar attacking the Bible (anyone with
> simple clear metal vision except the jackass christians and jack ass
> scientists), would insist any adult animal was collected by Noah.
> Logic says baby female elephant and baby male elephant, baby
> Indoneisan male dragon and baby female dragon. No where does it say
> eggs, it isnt logical.

[snipped for brevity]

Logic doesn't say that at all.

Fact, junvenile animals would need more care and attention than the
adults.

Fact, many would need to learn certain elements of their behaviour
from the adults.

Fact, after the flood many would still need to be cared for until they
matured.

Conclusion, baby or juvenile animals would be more of a problem than
eggs.

Also neither option is logical.

Devils Advocaat

Feb 11, 2009, 12:55:59 AM2/11/09

You are the one making the assertion (again).

What evidence do you have that Noah took the eggs of all those animals
on board?

How did he get the eggs of all those different mammals, as they are
really tiny?

And if it were just "eggs" why did he need such a damn big boat?

Kent Paul Dolan

Feb 11, 2009, 1:22:10 AM2/11/09
chris thompson wrote:

> How did Noah get kiwi eggs?

Over easy.

HTH

xanthian.

Wombat

Feb 11, 2009, 3:24:12 AM2/11/09

OK. What's his email address?

Wombat

Wombat

Feb 11, 2009, 3:20:17 AM2/11/09
On 10 Feb, 23:08, nos...@de-ster.demon.nl (J. J. Lodder) wrote:

What about "since the bibble says Noah took at least 2 of everything"
did you not get?

Wombat

Wombat

Feb 11, 2009, 3:25:07 AM2/11/09

Or biblical.

Wombat

Kent Paul Dolan

Feb 11, 2009, 3:52:20 AM2/11/09

Mrs. Noah was a stir fry diva.

>> Ask Noah

> OK. What's his email address?

Try Noah_bi...@noark.noflood.net,

or Noah_bi...@4000YearOldScam.com,

or Noah_bi...@StillLostAtSea.info,

or Noah_bi...@AnotherFineMyth.org,

or Noah_bin_Lamech@YouThinkI_What_.biz,

or Noah_bi...@WhoKnewGopherWoodRotsSoFast.mil,

or Noah_bi...@NoUpwindRefuge.gov,

or ...

HTH

xanthian, seeking a finders fee if that works.

richardal...@googlemail.com

Feb 11, 2009, 4:28:06 AM2/11/09
On Feb 10, 4:21 am, "Mike Painter" <mddotpain...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> "In just four years a University of Portsmouth palaeontologist has
> discovered 48 new species from the age of the dinosaurs."
>
>  http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/02/090209075822.htm
>
> So if the dinosaurs were on the ark, it either was a lot bigger than the
> bible says or it never happened.
> --
> Josh of San Diego (now 15) speaks out again
> Josh of San Diego (14) speaks out!http://www.crcsandiego.org/voices.htm

Nice to see my friend Steve Sweetman getting some publicity. I have a
lot in common with him. We both started PhDs in vertebrate
palaeontology rather late in life, and both of us are approaching our
research from a rather unusual angle in part because of this.

Mind you, the new species he has discovered are all very small, so I
doubt that they would have much of an impact on the size of the ark.
In scientific terms they are fascinating because they give an insight
into the richness and diversity of the fauna in the Wealden beds of
the Lower Cretaceous. Big dinosaur finds gain a lot of publicity (and
unfortunately a disproportionate level of funding as a consequence),
but in terms of our scientific understanding of ancient biotas the
sort of painstaking, systematic and detailed work researchers like
Steve are doing is of equal if not greater importance.

RF

J. J. Lodder

Feb 11, 2009, 4:59:36 AM2/11/09
Wombat <tri...@multiweb.nl> wrote:

What tells you there were any dinos around in Noah's days?
They all died out between the fall and the flood,

Jan

Robert Carnegie

Feb 11, 2009, 5:36:57 AM2/11/09
On Feb 10, 11:21 pm, Bob Casanova <nos...@buzz.off> wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Feb 2009 23:19:16 -0600, the following appeared in
> talk.origins, posted by "[M]adman" <g...@hotmail.et>:

> >Mike Painter wrote:
> >> "In just four years a University of Portsmouth palaeontologist has
> >> discovered 48 new species from the age of the dinosaurs."
>
> >>http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/02/090209075822.htm
>
> >> So if the dinosaurs were on the ark, it either was a lot bigger than
> >> the bible says or it never happened.
>
> >You have no idea if Noah took Eggs or not, do you.
>
> I do. Noah took nothing, since myths are incapable of
> building boats, even those which can't float without
> self-destructing.
>
> But even in the context of the myth, I would have to answer
> yes, I do; he took specimens mature enough that he could
> determine their sex. Noah gathered the creatures without
> God's direct help, and Noah would have no way to tell male
> eggs from female eggs.
>
> HTH

One detail, I'm pretty sure the bible actually says that God made the
animals come to the ark.

Incidentally there also is a line that implies the ark would have been
wrecked except for God's special care.

curtjester1

Feb 11, 2009, 7:51:28 AM2/11/09

I read recently that if the earth was flattened with the dirt smoothed
out (mountainless), that with all the water in the oceans considered,
the earth would be under 12,000 feet of water.

CJ

Wombat

Feb 11, 2009, 8:34:33 AM2/11/09

You said above " if all those 'ante diluvian' things died out in the
flood."
So you are now saying they died out before the flood. Please make up
your mind.
In any case, since there was no Noah's Floode and no Noah, the whole
thing is moot.

Wombat

Wombat

Feb 11, 2009, 8:42:42 AM2/11/09

How? Of course, if the whole floode thing was one miracle after
another, with all the evidence erased by a trickster god, where does
that leave those that believe in it, as the trickster god might be
lying about salvation too.

Wombat

Ye Old One

Feb 11, 2009, 10:22:53 AM2/11/09

Read your book of fairy tales. What does that say?

--
Bob.

Ye Old One

Feb 11, 2009, 10:21:25 AM2/11/09
On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 18:43:46 -0600, "[M]adman" <gr...@hotmail.et>

enriched this group when s/he wrote:

>Devils Advocaat wrote:

>>> No you don't :D
>>
>> That is where you are wrong, I _do_ wonder why [M]adman wont respond
>> to such postings.
>
>Because they are lies or distortions of truth.
>
>thats why

We know your posts are lies, you don't need to tell us.

Lies like:-

Claiming the actor Paul Newman was a creationist....

Claiming that "Dr." Kent Hovind has made lots of *scientific*
discoveries...

Claiming wars have been fought because some scientific finding
discredited some facet of some religion...

Claiming to have a "higher education" than most posters to this news
group....

Claiming to understand how geologists determine the age of any given
sample of rock...

You need to face up to these lies, they are not going to go away
Mudbrain.

--
Bob.

Mike Painter

Feb 11, 2009, 1:21:51 PM2/11/09
J. J. Lodder wrote:

> Wombat <tri...@multiweb.nl> wrote:
>>
>> What about "since the bibble says Noah took at least 2 of everything"
>> did you not get?
>
> What tells you there were any dinos around in Noah's days?
> They all died out between the fall and the flood,

Can you quote exactly where in the bible it says that?
Why did they, and the animals that came before the dinosaur die?
Considering the incredible rarity of a fossil and teh vast number of them
that we have I can think of one reason. If they all lived in the same two or
three thousand year time period, there would have been no where for them to
stand. Odd that no written history mentions these rheards of creatures.
Imagine a heard the size of a flock of passenger pigions with each member
being th size of an elephant.

Mike Painter

Feb 11, 2009, 1:28:38 PM2/11/09
No it does not.
6:19 And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou
bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and
female.
7:2 Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his
female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.
Neither of the two creation stories have any mention of these gods doing
anything but giving orders

> Incidentally there also is a line that implies the ark would have been
> wrecked except for God's special care.

No it does not. There is no mention of a god's care and in fact 8:1 says "
And God remembered Noah, and every living thing, and all the cattle that was
with him in the ark: and God made a wind to pass over the earth, and the
waters asswaged;"

Remembering something usually implies forgetting or ignoring.

curtjester1

Feb 11, 2009, 1:54:30 PM2/11/09
> Wombat- Hide quoted text -

What's that have to do with the amount of water on earth?

CJ

Max

Feb 11, 2009, 2:00:57 PM2/11/09
On Feb 9, 11:21 pm, "Mike Painter" <mddotpain...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> "In just four years a University of Portsmouth palaeontologist has
> discovered 48 new species from the age of the dinosaurs."
>
>  http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/02/090209075822.htm
>
> So if the dinosaurs were on the ark, it either was a lot bigger than the
> bible says or it never happened.
> --
> Josh of San Diego (now 15) speaks out again
> Josh of San Diego (14) speaks out!http://www.crcsandiego.org/voices.htm

They were all of the dinosaur "kind". :)

Wombat

Feb 11, 2009, 2:21:23 PM2/11/09

My apologies if I misunderstood, but the flattened Earth is a staple
of where the water came from for Ye Floode. Also much of the later
part of this thread has concerned Ye Floode and, finally, the weirdo
you replied to also mentioned Ye Floode.

Wombat

Max

Feb 11, 2009, 2:20:47 PM2/11/09
On Feb 11, 12:46 am, Devils Advocaat <mankyg...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On 11 Feb, 00:43, "[M]adman" <g...@hotmail.et> wrote:
>

> > Devils Advocaat wrote:

> > > That is where you are wrong, I _do_ wonder why [M]adman wont respond
> > > to such postings.
>
> > Because they are lies or distortions of truth.
>
> > thats why
>
> So did you say in some previous thread that Dr Dino (aka Kent Hovind)
> had made some scientific discoveries or not?

From a cursory search, I didn't find any such statement of his. But I
did find him claiming the kaballa as a scientific research tool.
That's even nuttier in my opinon.

> If you did, then what scientific discoveries did he make?
>
> If you didn't then why are certain posters asking you to say what they
> were?
>
> Finally if these posters are lying or distorting the truth, why don't
> you put them right?
>
> After all your silence on this matter doesn't make it look good for

> you.- Hide quoted text -

Bob Casanova

Feb 11, 2009, 3:00:06 PM2/11/09
On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 18:45:03 -0600, the following appeared
in talk.origins, posted by "[M]adman" <gr...@hotmail.et>:

>Mike Painter wrote:
>> "In just four years a University of Portsmouth palaeontologist has
>> discovered 48 new species from the age of the dinosaurs."
>>
>> http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/02/090209075822.htm
>>
>> So if the dinosaurs were on the ark, it either was a lot bigger than
>> the bible says or it never happened.
>

>you have no idea if Noah took eggs on the board the Ark,

Already addressed. And ignored, by you.

> Do you.

Yes, as previously explained.
--

Bob C.

"Evidence confirming an observation is
- McNameless

[M]adman

Feb 11, 2009, 4:25:29 PM2/11/09

See? I told you.

You just cannot help your obsessive/compulsive disorder.

k00k.

Ye Old One

Feb 11, 2009, 5:17:53 PM2/11/09
On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 15:25:29 -0600, "[M]adman" <gr...@hotmail.et>

So Mudbrain, you still refuse to face up to reality.

--
Bob.

[M]adman

Feb 11, 2009, 7:49:10 PM2/11/09

You list was answered months ago. I would get checked for Altzhimers if I
were you.

Back in the looney bin

I keep letting you out, but you beg to go back in!

Robert Carnegie

Feb 11, 2009, 8:43:48 PM2/11/09

But yes. 6:20 in New Electronic Translation goes, "Of the birds after
their kinds, and of the cattle after their kinds, and of every
creeping thing of the ground after its kind, two of every kind will
come to you so you can keep them alive." And 7:8-9, "Pairs of clean
animals, of unclean animals, of birds, and of everything that creeps
along the ground, male and female, came into the ark to Noah, just as
God had commanded Noah."

Goddidit, right?

> > Incidentally there also is a line that implies the ark would have been
> > wrecked except for God's special care.
>
> No it does not. There is no mention of a god's care and in fact 8:1 says "
> And God remembered Noah, and every living thing, and all the cattle that was
> with him in the ark: and God made a wind to pass over the earth, and the
> waters asswaged;"
>
> Remembering something usually implies forgetting or ignoring.

That is the line that I had in mind, but I don't think it means to say
that God had temporarily forgotten about Noah. That seems
theologically insecure anyway. Instead, I think God is stepping in to
protect Noah's ark, which, you recall, is a big rectangular box, sails
or oars not being specified, nor a keel.

It's a bit embarrassing to be discussing this.

Robert Carnegie

Feb 11, 2009, 8:49:11 PM2/11/09

Since geological layers were all laid down by the Flood and there are
dinosaurs all through them up to the Cretaceous-Tertiary boundary,
obviously dinosaurs must have been plentiful when the Flood occurred.

And since Noah was told to take all kinds of animals in the Ark, he
must have taken dinosaurs.

Unfortunately in the Ice Age that followed the Flood, the dinosaurs
that were rescued by Noah all wandered away and fell off the edge of
the Earth, which in those days was saill flat.

> In any case, since there was no Noah's Floode and no Noah, the whole
> thing is moot.

Well, there is that, too.

Kent Paul Dolan

Feb 12, 2009, 12:11:03 AM2/12/09
Robert Carnegie wrote:

> Unfortunately in the Ice Age that followed the
> Flood,

Is that the Ice Age with the sabertoothed squirrel
with an acorn obsession that nearly destroyed
everybody?

I really liked that squirrel.

I hope he gets his big break and gets syndicated to
have his own show, maybe a cop show about nuts
misbehaving called "Tooth-Busters", where the
protagonist squirrel always gets his acorn.

> the dinosaurs that were rescued by Noah all
> wandered away and fell off the edge of the Earth,

Those tiny, tiny brains just could not compete in
the days of gopherwood technology and eyeballs
scalded opaque by urea fumes from 150 days sailing
in steerage kneedeep in dinosaur scat kept in place
as ballast.

> which in those days was still flat.

Whence-from cometh the famous "things were _so_ much
tougher when _I_ was young" claim: "back when I
first started defeating creationists with one hand
tied behind my back, bareback on my brontosaurus,
and the world was still flat...".

xanthian.

Kent Paul Dolan

Feb 12, 2009, 12:32:55 AM2/12/09
[M]adman wrote:
> Ye Old One wrote:

[...]

>> You need to face up to these lies, they are not
>> going to go away Mudbrain.

> See? I told you.

> You just cannot help your obsessive/compulsive
> disorder.

> k00k.

Well, no, you appalling waste of breathing oxygen.

The issue is you being a coward who spends his
posting career telling obvious falsehoods then runs
and hides when challenged on them.

Maybe if more people restrict the answers they give
you to just this set and nothing else, you will
finally realize that running from your lies doesn't
make them one bit less lies that are attached to you
and your reputation forever.

Or, maybe we'll just get rid of you that way, since
you seem to have been driven out of another, atheism,
newsgroup for your disruptive behavior, and chosen
this one as a new venue for your lies. We weren't
that short of lying morons before you arrived, and
we won't be that short of lying morons when you get
bored of getting only one kind of answer, and leave.

So:

We know your posts are lies, you don't need to
tell us.

Lies like:-

Claiming the actor Paul Newman was a
creationist....

Claiming that "Dr." Kent Hovind has made
lots of *scientific* discoveries...

Claiming wars have been fought because some
scientific finding discredited some facet of
some religion...

Claiming to have a "higher education" than
most posters to this news group....

Claiming to understand how geologists
determine the age of any given sample of
rock...

You need to face up to these lies, they are not

going to go away.

xanthian, looking to dogpile the beast to death.

The William Tenn science fiction classic "The
Liberation of Earth" concludes:

The same tale it is, and the same
traditional ending it has as that I had from
my father and his father before him. Suck
air, grab clusters, and hear the last holy
observation of our history:

"Looking about us, we can say with
pardonable pride that we have been about as
thoroughly liberated as it is possible for a
race and a planet to be!"

I think in the cause of needed liberation from the
Adman scourge here: "cut and paste, cut and paste,
cut and paste brethern, until we are free, free,
free at last" works better.

xanthian.

Devils Advocaat

Feb 12, 2009, 3:35:24 AM2/12/09
On 11 Feb, 19:20, Max <maxdw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 11, 12:46 am, Devils Advocaat <mankyg...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> > > Because they are lies or distortions of truth.
>
> > > thats why
>
> > So did you say in some previous thread that Dr Dino (aka Kent Hovind)
> > had made some scientific discoveries or not?
>
> From a cursory search, I didn't find any such statement of his. But I
> did find him claiming the kaballa as a scientific research tool.
> That's even nuttier in my opinon.

On Sept 12th 2008 [M]adman posted (his handle back then was simply
“adman”) in the thread originally entitled “lacks logic” the following
statement:

“Darwin and Hovind have made impressive discoveries. Both have been
wrong.”

Which has admittedly been interpreted by some as implying that Kent
Hovind (aka Dr Dino) has made some scientific discoveries.

The fact that since then [M]adman (formerly "adman") hasn't elaborated
on the discoveries that Kent Hovind is supposed to have made, leads
certain people to conclude that this is an unsupported assertion.

[M]adman's failure to address their repeated requests to support his
original statement doesn't do him any credit at all, and his recent
response in which he says that such posting which ask him to elaborate
on that claim "are lies or distortions of truth" doesn't do him any
favours either.

> > If you did, then what scientific discoveries did he make?
>
> > If you didn't then why are certain posters asking you to say what they
> > were?
>
> > Finally if these posters are lying or distorting the truth, why don't
> > you put them right?
>
> > After all your silence on this matter doesn't make it look good for
> > you.- Hide quoted text -

Ye Old One

Feb 12, 2009, 4:52:34 AM2/12/09
On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 18:49:10 -0600, "[M]adman" <gr...@hotmail.et>

So Mudbrain, you still try to lie your way out of things. Sad case.
But it doesn't work, you still have to grow up and face reality.

>Back in the looney bin
>
>I keep letting you out, but you beg to go back in!

You stand accused of lying by:-

1) Claiming the actor Paul Newman was a creationist....

2) Claiming that "Dr." Kent Hovind has made lots of *scientific*
discoveries...

3) Claiming wars have been fought because some scientific finding

discredited some facet of some religion...

4) Claiming to have a "higher education" than most posters to this
news group....

5) Claiming to understand how geologists determine the age of any
given sample of rock...

Last chance. Defend your claims or stand convicted as a liar.

--
Bob.

curtjester1

Feb 12, 2009, 9:18:46 AM2/12/09

Well whatever as they say. The thing is if one doesn't believe in
miracles, the water was already there. How one would define where is
really moot. Now if one wanted to express how the water from a big
long rainstorm could have affected flat earth dirt, or some mountains,
would be the most interesting of aspects IMO.

CJ

Mike L

Feb 12, 2009, 12:42:32 PM2/12/09
On 12 Feb, 01:43, Robert Carnegie <rja.carne...@excite.com> wrote:
> Mike Painter wrote:
> > Robert Carnegie wrote:
[...]

> > > Incidentally there also is a line that implies the ark would have been
> > > wrecked except for God's special care.
>
> > No it does not. There is no mention of a god's care and in fact  8:1 says "
> > And God remembered Noah, and every living thing, and all the cattle that was
> > with him in the ark: and God made a wind to pass over the earth, and the
> > waters asswaged;"
>
> > Remembering something usually implies forgetting or ignoring.
>
> That is the line that I had in mind, but I don't think it means to say
> that God had temporarily forgotten about Noah.  That seems
> theologically insecure anyway.  Instead, I think God is stepping in to
> protect Noah's ark, which, you recall, is a big rectangular box, sails
> or oars not being specified, nor a keel.

Certainly. "Remember" here, as often, means "keep in mind", not "bring
back to mind".

Interesting, that bit about the wind /smoothing out/ the waves,
though...

> It's a bit embarrassing to be discussing this.

Indeed. One can see why so many posters here use pseudonyms.

--
Mike.

Mark Isaak

Feb 12, 2009, 3:40:56 PM2/12/09

Most translations do not say "smoothing out," but rather something to the
effect that the waters began to subside, and interpretation supported by
the context of the following verses. I suppose the Hebrews recognized
that wind would speed up evaporation of a puddle and so suggested that it
would effectively remove several oceans worth of water in a couple
months.

--
Mark Isaak eciton (at) earthlink (dot) net
"It is certain, from experience, that the smallest grain of natural

Robert Carnegie

Feb 12, 2009, 8:22:12 PM2/12/09

The NET Bible, for instance, which has many footnotes on translation
(but not particularly here), says, "God caused a wind to blow over the
earth and the waters receded."

(I didn't like to ask about "asswaged"...)

Mike Painter

Feb 12, 2009, 10:20:02 PM2/12/09
> [...]
>>
>>> No it does not. There is no mention of a god's care and in fact 8:1
>>> says " And God remembered Noah, and every living thing, and all the
>>> cattle that was with him in the ark: and God made a wind to pass
>>> over the earth, and the waters asswaged;"
>>
>>> Remembering something usually implies forgetting or ignoring.
>>
>> That is the line that I had in mind, but I don't think it means to
>> say that God had temporarily forgotten about Noah. That seems
>> theologically insecure anyway. Instead, I think God is stepping in to
>> protect Noah's ark, which, you recall, is a big rectangular box,
>> sails or oars not being specified, nor a keel.

"The idea of a big rectangular box is a rather late addition to the story.
Ships are described in exactly the same way as the Ark was and they are not
rectangular.
All that does is say that the writers did not know enought to distiguish the
way they described *this* boat from the way they would describe any boat.

So, depending on what you use for a cubit, Ye Arke is about 450 feet long,75
wide, and 45 tall, right? I work best in metres, so lets do a bit of
conversion: that's 137.16 by 22.86 by 13.716 metres, right? For ease of
calculation, let's call it 140 x 23 x 14. This give you 45.080e+3 cubic
meters. One cubic meter of pure water is one metric tonne. Salt water is a
bit more dense. Be nice, add another thousand tonnes or so... Ye Arke
displaces 46,000 tonnes. Maybe 46,400 at max. And I'm being generous. (The
reader who knows something about ship-building will also spot a certain
minor problem with the above figures. No creationist has ever seen it... in
part 'cause if it's corrected, things get worse for Ye Arke.)

Problem 1: The sheer size. HMS _Victory_, still preserved at Portsmouth,
was 186 feet long on the gundeck. HMS _Victoria_, the last full-rigged
1strate ship of the line to serve as flag of the Channel Fleet, built in
1859, was 250 feet long on the gundeck. And she had a steel frame because
the RN had found that building wooden ships much bigger than 225 feet long
was not a good idea because they tended to straddle or to hog on being
launched; that is, they tended to bend, their bows and sterns to stick up
out of the water at an angle, (that's straddling) or to bend the other way,
the bows and sterns supported by waves but the midships sections out of the
water (or at least not as well supported) (that's hogging) and either way
their keels tended to crack under the strain. Even with steel frames, wooden
ships bigger than 250 feet long tended to hog or straddle. Don't take my
word for it, look it up for yourself. One possible source: _The Wooden
Fighting Ship In the Royal Navy, 897-1860_, EHH Archibald, Blandford Press,
London. Sorry, my copy was published back before ISBNs. Edward Archibald was
at the time of writing the curator of the National Maritime Museum,
Portsmouth, England. Or build a wooden boat 250 feet long and see what
happens. Ye Arke was the size of_two_ 1st rate line of battleships, laid
end-to-end. Noah was a shepherd. He knew better than the shipwrights at
Chatham who built the ships with which the RN dominated the world for 150
years? If I'm wrong, and it is possible to build a 450 foot wooden vessel,
by all means demonstrate it. I'll even put up some of the money... so long
as I get to record the launch of said vessel. And so long as those who say
that such a craft would be safe are willing to stay on it while it's being
launched. Me, I figure that I'd get some _great_ pix."

Wombat

Feb 13, 2009, 2:14:55 AM2/13/09

Here we go again! HMS Victoria had wrought iron strapping in the area
of the stern to stop the early steam engine fitted from shaking the
stern off. This information was supplied by the Naval Historical
Branch, the UK government branch who has documents of the Royal Navy
dating back centuries.
BTW, wasn't much of the above first posted by Pat James over 10 years
ago?

Wombat

J.J. O'Shea

Feb 13, 2009, 7:57:39 AM2/13/09
On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 19:49:10 -0500, M]adman wrote
(in article <4gKkl.2676$v8....@bignews5.bellsouth.net>):

When? If you did answer it, it should be simple for you to say when you did.
Even if you can only get within a few days of the actual event, that would
make it easier for those of us who missed it (which, apparently, was
everybody else on t.o; _I_ certainly didn't see it) to find it. How many
months ago did you answer it? Two? Three? Four? More? Just provide an
approximation and we can Google it.

> I would get checked for Altzhimers if I
> were you.
>
> Back in the looney bin
>
> I keep letting you out, but you beg to go back in!

And you keep not answering the questions. Everyone else gets the distinct
impression that there is a reason why you cannot do this.

J.J. O'Shea

Feb 13, 2009, 8:00:19 AM2/13/09
On Thu, 12 Feb 2009 04:52:34 -0500, Ye Old One wrote
(in article <dsr7p45s193o15c8c...@4ax.com>):

He simply has to try to lie his way out of his problems, as the truth simply
will not serve his purposes.

>> Back in the looney bin
>>
>> I keep letting you out, but you beg to go back in!
>
> You stand accused of lying by:-
>
> 1) Claiming the actor Paul Newman was a creationist....

Yep.

> 2) Claiming that "Dr." Kent Hovind has made lots of *scientific*
> discoveries...

Yep.

> 3) Claiming wars have been fought because some scientific finding
> discredited some facet of some religion...

Yep.

> 4) Claiming to have a "higher education" than most posters to this
> news group....

Yep.

> 5) Claiming to understand how geologists determine the age of any
> given sample of rock...

Yep.

> Last chance. Defend your claims or stand convicted as a liar.

Too late. That's been quite evident for a very long time.

Mike Painter

Feb 13, 2009, 1:44:46 PM2/13/09

Yes and it's still valid.
Not that a fundy would care.
If they did America holds a partial solution to large boxes floating on
water. It solves the hogging problem to limited extent and is a fairly low
tech solution (that does not require a moon pool.;) It would also only
worked on water with no real wave action.

You would think that at least one fundy would have looked at the Mississippi
River boat and the cables that ran stem to stern across the top of the boat.
But the largest of those ran aground and broke in half along the keel when
the river dropped something less than a foot.
Wood just can't handle the forces involved.

It is loading more messages.