primordial soup?

Dale

Aug 1, 2021, 2:06:12 PM8/1/21
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
primordial soup?

Is there an abiogenetic supposition besides DNA forming from RNA in
primordial soup?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenesis

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primordial_soup

Then all life resulting, including conscious life, from mutations and
natural selection?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutation

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_selection

Of what I know, there is not yet experimental evidence?

Is there even more than conjecture about what the genetic primordial
soup is?

Hypothesis?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothesis

Theory?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory

primordial soup?

--
Mystery? -> https://www.dalekelly.org/

Bob Casanova

Aug 1, 2021, 3:06:13 PM8/1/21
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Sun, 1 Aug 2021 14:01:08 -0400, the following appeared in
talk.origins, posted by Dale <da...@dalekelly.org>:

>primordial soup?

Cream of Archaea?

--

Bob C.

'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'"

- Isaac Asimov

Dale

Aug 1, 2021, 4:11:13 PM8/1/21
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On 8/1/2021 3:01 PM, Bob Casanova wrote:
> On Sun, 1 Aug 2021 14:01:08 -0400, the following appeared in
> talk.origins, posted by Dale <da...@dalekelly.org>:

>> primordial soup?

,,,

> Cream of Archaea?

Only ice cream is sweet enough to birth life.

gary...@cox.net

Aug 1, 2021, 6:21:13 PM8/1/21
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
That Wiki page on abiogenesis is awful.

Dale

Aug 1, 2021, 7:21:13 PM8/1/21
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On 8/1/2021 6:16 PM, gary...@cox.net wrote:
> On Sunday, August 1, 2021 at 11:06:12 AM UTC-7, Dale wrote:
>> primordial soup?
>>
>> Is there an abiogenetic supposition besides DNA forming from RNA in
>> primordial soup?
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenesis
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primordial_soup
>>
>> Then all life resulting, including conscious life, from mutations and
>> natural selection?
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutation
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_selection
>>
>> Of what I know, there is not yet experimental evidence?
>>
>> Is there even more than conjecture about what the genetic primordial
>> soup is?
>>
>> Hypothesis?
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothesis
>>
>> Theory?
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory
>>
>> primordial soup?

> That Wiki page on abiogenesis is awful.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenesis

How about this clip ...

"... process by which life has arisen from non-living matter ..."

....?

This article may be too long to read and navigate comfortably. The
readable prose size is 100 kilobytes. Please consider splitting content
into sub-articles, condensing it, or adding subheadings. Please discuss
this issue on the article's talk page. (January 2021)

Oxyaena

Aug 15, 2021, 10:36:16 PM8/15/21
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On 8/1/2021 2:01 PM, Dale wrote:
> primordial soup?
>
> Is there an abiogenetic supposition besides DNA forming from RNA in
> primordial soup?

What do you think the primordial soup hypothesis even *is*? There are
multiple different hypotheses regarding abiogenesis, and it's likely
that almost, if not all, of them have at least some validity to them.
The emergence of life from non-life is invariably a complex phenomenon,
one we are working tirelessly to crack. However, unlike the environment
of the early earth, modern day scientists haven't had 500 million years
to solve the issue of abiogenesis.

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenesis
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primordial_soup
>
> Then all life resulting, including conscious life, from mutations and
> natural selection?

Yes.

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutation
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_selection
>
> Of what I know, there is not yet experimental evidence?

Evidently you haven't been paying attention, there's been experimental
evidence for both natural selection and mutations for well over a
century now. A once-major evolutionary school of thought, now
discredited, called saltationism, held that the mechanism for evolution
was primarily due to genetic mutations, and that the mechanism proposed
by Darwin, natural selection, only played a minor role at best. It's
safe to say that our knowledge of the subject is a bit more refined now,
to put it mildly.

> Is there even more than conjecture about what the genetic primordial
> soup is?

It's called scientific inquiry, look it up.