Here's a new one: Time Travel

JTEM is my hero

May 22, 2023, 12:50:29 AM5/22/23
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org

Okay, I'm going to start with something that's going to
sound a bit philosophical but, it's actually true. And
that is...

Science is the study of nature, figuring out how it works.
Technology is apply that knowledge.

Even nuclear energy came down to figuring out how nature
works, and then copying it. Yes, nature DID create nuclear
reactors. it happened. Our technology -- nuclear reactors --
came down to using science to figure out how/why nature
does this, and then doing it ourselves for our own benefit.

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/guest-blog/natures-nuclear-reactors-the-2-billion-year-old-natural-fission-reactors-in-gabon-western-africa/

So let's keep this in mind and look at time travel..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXZpac6TREw&t=1780s

Now what I suggest, because it's an awesome idea, is
that totally NATURAL "time machines" should in fact
exist...

Watch the video for like 3 minutes. I mean, an answer
like this sounds like there has to be an entirely natural
"Time Machine" out there.

If something is possible, it's happened. The universe is
just far too large and too old for it to have not to.

I mean, imagine a chunk of one of those incredibly
dense stars breaking off, like in the shape of Oumuamu
or, I dunno, kind of like a tube. Done. Right?

Well. Assuming it's rotating correctly and you could
reach it, you could send something backwards in time.

This would probably just be some other space debris,
or asteroid (comet?), as we are speaking of a natural
time machine. "Rocks in space." They float around,
get caught up in our natural time machine and whiz
backwards in time...

Natural time machines!

And the best way to look for them is to NOT look for
them but instead look for artifacts that have traveled
through them. No, not aliens but asteroid and comet
material -- STUFF -- that wandered into one of these
NATURAL time machines. We look for that.

But can we date matter itself?

Supposedly, given enough time, matter itself will crumble.
It will stop existing. Time itself will cease. This s according
to many theories on the universe: Eventually matter itself
will crumble out of existence.

To our brains, to our idea of logic, if something is not in
fact immortal, if it will crumble away after a given time,
then halfway to that point in time the matter is halfway
crumbled.

Right?

We know that's not necessary the case but..

..it is the case.

We age. We don't remain exactly as we were at 12 only
to suddenly age into an 80 year old overnight. We're
actually aging the entire period. Little by little. Sometimes
faster than others but it always remains a progressive
process. It's never instant.

Black Holes are believed to age, to shrink over time.. to die.

Google: Hawking black holes shrink

It takes a VERY long time but, given enough, a black hole
will shrink. And, given even more time, it would eventually
lose all of it's energy and die.

And the same is claimed for matter itself: Matter will
eventually break down...

Can we date it? Matter itself? Can we detect how close
matter is to it's breakdown, or how far it is from it's
creation?

I think ultimately the answer is yes, though perhaps only
theoretically.

In theory, there should be a means for dating matter
itself -- how close it is to breaking down.

If matter has an upward limit it can exist for, only to
crumble away, then there has to be a means to measure
this loss. In theory.

To my thinking.

And, yes, if we could do that we could "Prove" time travel.

HOW TO PROVE THIS:

Going on a search for natural time machines seems
pointless. They would be the proverbial needle in a
haystack, only with a microscopic needle in a galactic
haystack!

Close enough.

So the best case scenario would be searching for
material that's older than the universe. Way older,
preferably. So there's no question that we're looking
at time travel.

If the universe is, say, 14 billion years old, you need
to find a comet or asteroid that's 50 or 100 billion
years old, sent backwards in time to our present.

You could also search for matter that's way too young,
like it had to be formed soon after the Big Bang,
comparatively speaking. This would also prove time
travel.

But we already know how to travel FORWARD in time,
we want to test BACKWARDS time travel.

IF time travel is possible, and physics likes to tell us that
it is, there is the potential for it occurring in nature. It
may be super rare but it would likely exist. And if it does,
we could find it, or the evidence for it's existence.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/717463906482847744