all apes had bipedal ancestors

marc verhaegen

Mar 10, 2023, 5:25:25 AM3/10/23
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Early-Miocene Hominoidea were already "bipedal": they
- waded upright in the forest swamps where they fossilized &
- climbed arms overhead in the branches above the swamp,
google "aquarboreal".

Hypothesis in my book "De evolutie van de mens" p.299-300
(Acad.Uitg. Eburon 2022 Utrecht NL):
"Platentectoniek en hominoïde opdelingen?"
1) cercopith/ape split: hypothetically, but very (bio)logically IMO:
30-25 Ma India approached S-Eurasia -> island archipels + swamp forests++
Catarrhini that reached these islands became "aquarboreal" (google),
2) great/lesser ape split (id.):
25-20 Ma India underneath Asia (Himalaya fm etc.) split hylobatids (E) & gr.apes (W):
Hominoidea followed the Tethys Ocean coastal forests E (lesser) & W (gr.apes).
3) hominid/pongid split: likely IMO:
The Mesopotamian Seaway closure c 15 Ma split pongids (E ->SE.Asia) & hominids (W):
hominids-dryopiths along the Medit.Sea-coasts + rivers, e.g. Trachilos BP footprints Crete.
Medit.hominids died out (Messinian salt crisis? Tp? mega-flood? ...), except in Red Sea:
4) Gorilla/Homo-Pan split: likely IMO:
8-7 Ma northern Rift fm, followed by Gorilla fossil subgenus Praeanthropus:
late-Pliocene "gracile" afarensis -> early-Pleist."robust" aethiopicus & boisei,
Homo-Pan still aquarboreal in Red Sea.
5) Homo/Pan split in Red Sea (+-no doubt IMO):
Red Sea opened into Gulf (Francesca Mansfield: 5.33 Ma Zanclean mega-flood?):
- Pliocene Homo went left -> S-Asian coasts -> Java->Flores... google "coastal dispersal"
- Pan went right: fossil subgenus Australopithecus -> E.Afr.coast -> southern Rift:
late-Pliocene "africanus" -> early-Pleist. "robust" robustus // Gorilla -> knuckle-walking etc.

IOW, there was NO out-of Africa:
all Hominoidea had BP ancestors:
australopiths were closer relatives of Pan or Gorilla than of Homo:
afro- & anthropo-centric prejudices!!

Google "GondwanaTalks Verhaegen" :-)

JTEM is my hero

Apr 23, 2023, 11:45:30 PM4/23/23
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
marc verhaegen wrote:

> Early-Miocene Hominoidea were already "bipedal": they
> - waded upright in the forest swamps where they fossilized &
> - climbed arms overhead in the branches above the swamp,
> google "aquarboreal".

I think Aquatic Ape is complex. It's not easy. Savanna idiocy is easy.

Jungle idiocy is easy.

It's like saying "God did it." You don't have to go any further. If someone
wants to argue with you, just repeat it... "God did it" or "Bipedalism
because trees, exactly like all the other primates didn't." Or "Savanna,
obviously."

Aquatic Ape replaces "An" ancestor with a process, it replaces a place
with an environment.

You can't just mark an ex on a map, somewhere in Africa, and scream,
"There! Right there! That's where it happened!"

The troll at this point is claiming a 14 million year old divergence point
for men and Chimps. THAT'S how insane it is, how desperate it is to
"Argue"... contradict.

Don't talk with the collective here, talk at them. Don't respond to their
troll bait, just respond with fact or your own argument based on those
facts.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/714713784084791296