How people deceive themselves

RonO

Jan 8, 2022, 9:45:32 AM1/8/22
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2022/01/220107100652.htm

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/09515089.2021.2019693?scroll=top&needAccess=true

On topic for TO. This is a journal that the University of Arkansas
doesn't seem to have so I don't have access to it.

It does seem to be a speculative article considering what they claim in
the abstract.

QUOTE:
In this article, we show how the phenomenon of self-deception when
adequately analyzed, can be incorporated into a predictive processing
framework. We describe four strategies by which a subject may become
self-deceived to account for typical cases of self-deception. We then
argue that the four strategies can be modeled within this framework,
under the assumption that a satisfying account of motivation is possible
within predictive processing. Finally, we outline how we can ground this
assumption by discussing how such a systematic model of motivation may
be developed using the distinction between a world-model and a self-model.
END QUOTE:

Why did Santorum need to have the bait and switch run on him twice and
suffer the fall out of initially supporting teaching ID in his home
state and then flip flopping on the Dover issue before he dropped the ID
scam and went back to being a plain old Christian creationist? Why did
it take Bill and Kalk so long to figure out the mess? Why is Glenn
still an IDiot, and how could Glenn have remained ignorant of Behe's
evolutionary beliefs for over 20 years? Are IDiots just extreme
examples of self deception?

The Science Daily news blurp is likely accurate in claiming that
everyone indulges self deception at one time or another, but how does it
become so pathological and destructive for some people? I just recall
how all the IDiots went into abject denial once the first bait and
switch had been confirmed to have gone down over at ARN. Mike Gene was
the only IDiot that acknowledged the bait and switch and he did not stop
supporting the ID scam and ignored what it meant. He claimed that he
had given up on teaching IDiocy back in 1999, three years before the
bait and switch started to go down, so what did he think that he was
supporting? Mike Gene did not support the obfuscation and denial switch
scam, but he kept on supporting the bogus IDiocy that he knew wasn't
worth supporting. The strange thing was that obfuscation and denial
were about all that was left of IDiocy at that time. IDiots like Gene
have enabled the ID perps to keep running the bait and switch for nearly
20 years. No IDiot rubes ever get the IDiot science. All they ever get
is an obfuscation and denial switch scam that the ID perps claim has
nothing to do with IDiocy. The Thomas More lawyers understood that the
bait and switch was going down and they still wanted to defend teaching
IDiocy. How does that work?

http://ncse.com/news/2005/10/discovery-institute-thomas-more-law-center-squabble-aei-foru-00704

QUOTE:
So that caused us some concern about exactly where was the heart of
the Discovery Institute. Was it really something of a tactical decision,
was it this strategy that they've been using, in I guess Ohio and other
places, where they've pushed school boards to go in with intelligent
design, and as soon as there's a controversy, they back off with a
compromise. And I think what was victimized by this strategy was the
Dover school board, because we could not present the expert testimony we
thought we could present
END QUOTE:

These guys knew that the ID science had never made an appearance so what
did they think that they were defending?

Santorum, Phillip Johnson, Mike Gene were IDiots that finally quit after
Dover, but IDiots like Kalk, Glenn, Nyikos and Bill kept supporting the
ID scam after that.

One claim in the Psychology article is that there is a selecting of
facts through pruposeful action.

QUOTE:
This includes selecting facts through purposeful action: people avoid
places or persons that might bring problematic facts to their attention,
such as the parent-teacher conference.
END QUOTE:

Glenn keeps going back to the ID perps for second rate junk even though
he has been running from the Top Six for over 4 years. He obviously
only wants to be lied to.

QUOTE:
Another strategy is to reject facts by casting doubt on the credibility
of the source.
END QUOTE:

A recent example is how the IDiots deal with Francis Collins, and it is
an obvious well used strategy. The IDiots are still yacking about
Darwin as if it matters at this time.

QUOTE:
"For instance, if a father is convinced that his son is a good student
and then the son brings home bad grades, he may first say that the
subject isn't that important or that the teacher didn't explain the
material well." The researchers call this strategy of self-deception the
reorganisation of beliefs.
END QUOTE:

Were Behe and Minnich just poor explainers in their Dover testimony and
cross examination? It was difficult to support the effort when neither
of them supported teaching the junk. IDiocy may have been sort of
science to them, but it wasn't anything that they had supported teaching
in the public schools at that time. Minnich was part of the group that
decided to run the bait and switch on the Ohio rubes before they
presented the ID scam to the state board of education.

QUOTE:
The last strategy is what Newen and Marchi call generating facts from an
ambiguous state of affairs: "For instance, if the kind mathematics
teacher gently suggests that the son is not coping, and the father would
have expected a clear statement in case of difficulties, he may
interpret the considerable kindness and the gentle description as a
positive assessment of his son's abilities,"
END QUOTE:

My guess is that the God-of-the-gaps current IDiot strategy is based on
this one.

The Dover federal court decision was very direct and negative, and there
was just abject denial by the IDiots that kept supporting the
creationist scam. The ISCID, ID Network and ring leaders like Phillip
Johnson that quit the ID creationist scam due to the clarity of the
decision as to what IDiocy was and was not, means that there was a limit
to self deception. So there is likely to be a fifth strategy of abject
denial of reality for self deception to continue for some people. I
admit that denial of the Dover decision included all 4 of the proposed
strategies, but it had to also require abject denial.

Ron Okimoto

mohammad...@gmail.com

Jan 8, 2022, 11:00:32 AM1/8/22
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
In all honesty, you are destroying the free world. You are destroying the USA.

It is absolutely impossible to have a free world, without having people that actually believe freedom is real. Enter creationism, the belief that the entire universe is chosen. So by creationism freedom is real, and, the subjective spirit making the choices is real.

It's not going to turn out ok to throw out creationism. It's not going to be fair play. It's just going to be total chaos, anything goes, and total catastrophy.

Generally most of the conservatives have identified the rot in the USA as coming from universities, and identified it as lack of belief in God, and widespread materialism.

You're a fucking nazi, just a fucking nazi, going out of your way to destroy everything that is good. Going out of your way to destroy the belief in anything spiritual, because of the spirit not being objective, but subjective.

This is what you do, this is what Jillery does, this is what Aber Mintz does, this is what Joe Cummings does, this is what you all do. You go out of your way to destroy everything that is good.

And the evidence of the destruction is quite clear. With the riots, the looting, the rise in mental illness, the destruction of family life, the destruction of religion, the economic dysfunction, the political hysteria.

It is well clear you are on the side of total evil, by throwing out love, throwing out all what is inherently subjective, because of it being subjective.

When Abner Mintz offers no argumentation whatsoever against the creationist conceptual scheme, it shows he is completely and utterly intellectually corrupt. It is all obvious, that you are evil.

RonO

Jan 8, 2022, 3:00:32 PM1/8/22
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On 1/8/2022 9:57 AM, mohammad...@gmail.com wrote:
> In all honesty, you are destroying the free world. You are destroying the USA.
>
> It is absolutely impossible to have a free world, without having people that actually believe freedom is real. Enter creationism, the belief that the entire universe is chosen. So by creationism freedom is real, and, the subjective spirit making the choices is real.
>
> It's not going to turn out ok to throw out creationism. It's not going to be fair play. It's just going to be total chaos, anything goes, and total catastrophy.
>
> Generally most of the conservatives have identified the rot in the USA as coming from universities, and identified it as lack of belief in God, and widespread materialism.
>
> You're a fucking nazi, just a fucking nazi, going out of your way to destroy everything that is good. Going out of your way to destroy the belief in anything spiritual, because of the spirit not being objective, but subjective.
>
> This is what you do, this is what Jillery does, this is what Aber Mintz does, this is what Joe Cummings does, this is what you all do. You go out of your way to destroy everything that is good.
>
> And the evidence of the destruction is quite clear. With the riots, the looting, the rise in mental illness, the destruction of family life, the destruction of religion, the economic dysfunction, the political hysteria.
>
> It is well clear you are on the side of total evil, by throwing out love, throwing out all what is inherently subjective, because of it being subjective.
>
> When Abner Mintz offers no argumentation whatsoever against the creationist conceptual scheme, it shows he is completely and utterly intellectually corrupt. It is all obvious, that you are evil.

I didn't include some creationist posters because some posters are so
far gone that self deception is not an issue. There isn't much rational
self to deceive.

Ron Okimoto

mohammad...@gmail.com

Jan 8, 2022, 6:20:32 PM1/8/22
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
You fucking nazi,

it is the obvious truth that choice, subjectivity, emotions, God, they go together. You are pretending that you are allowed to be ignorant about how subjectivity works. That well, subjectivity is such a complicated issue, everyone has got their own ideas about it.

No you fucking nazi, subjectivity is simple, everyone uses subjectivity in common discourse, the basic logic of it it that a subjective opinion is chosen, and it expresses what it is that makes a choice.

But you allow yourself to be totally fucking stupid about how subjectivity works, so you can pretend you are doing (evolution) science, and that you are not in actual truth, going out of your way to destroy subjectivity, and destroy the belief in anything subjective.

For if you knew how subjectivity works like I do, then it is plain as day, that you all you are doing is annihilating subjectivity with evolution theory. You annihilate the belief in the subjective love, which is the real love. The objective love, is the word love, because you can see the word. The subjective love, that is what you destroy.

You know everyone knows at least, choice has something to do with love. You cannot pretent to be so fucking stupid about how subjectivity works, that you do not know choice and emotion, go together. You cannot deceive yourself to that extent. You know if it works in an automated way, then there's no emotion. Only when it works in a free way, with choice, then you may talk of emotion. You know perfectly well choice, emotion, subjectivity they go together. Eventhough you pretend not to know exactly how they fit together.

You know, you are guilty, you fucking nazi piece of shit. It is obviously what you are doing, destroying subjectivity, and destroying the belief in what is subjective, because science and fact, because you are a total fucking piece of shit, goddamned total fucking traitor to the USA, the free world, and humanity.

broger...@gmail.com

Jan 8, 2022, 6:40:33 PM1/8/22
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Saturday, January 8, 2022 at 6:20:32 PM UTC-5, mohammad...@gmail.com wrote:
> You fucking nazi,
>
> it is the obvious truth that choice, subjectivity, emotions, God, they go together. You are pretending that you are allowed to be ignorant about how subjectivity works. That well, subjectivity is such a complicated issue, everyone has got their own ideas about it.
>
> No you fucking nazi, subjectivity is simple, everyone uses subjectivity in common discourse, the basic logic of it it that a subjective opinion is chosen, and it expresses what it is that makes a choice.
>
> But you allow yourself to be totally fucking stupid about how subjectivity works, so you can pretend you are doing (evolution) science, and that you are not in actual truth, going out of your way to destroy subjectivity, and destroy the belief in anything subjective.
>
> For if you knew how subjectivity works like I do, then it is plain as day, that you all you are doing is annihilating subjectivity with evolution theory. You annihilate the belief in the subjective love, which is the real love. The objective love, is the word love, because you can see the word. The subjective love, that is what you destroy.
>
> You know everyone knows at least, choice has something to do with love. You cannot pretent to be so fucking stupid about how subjectivity works, that you do not know choice and emotion, go together. You cannot deceive yourself to that extent. You know if it works in an automated way, then there's no emotion. Only when it works in a free way, with choice, then you may talk of emotion. You know perfectly well choice, emotion, subjectivity they go together. Eventhough you pretend not to know exactly how they fit together.
>
> You know, you are guilty, you fucking nazi piece of shit. It is obviously what you are doing, destroying subjectivity, and destroying the belief in what is subjective, because science and fact, because you are a total fucking piece of shit, goddamned total fucking traitor to the USA, the free world, and humanity.

Inspiring, all the love that comes through each of your posts.

mohammad...@gmail.com

Jan 8, 2022, 7:35:32 PM1/8/22
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Obviously asshole, you have no clue whatsoever what the subjective emotions are behind the words, because you are a fucking moron who is clueless about how subjectivity works.

Joe Cummings

Jan 9, 2022, 4:10:32 AM1/9/22
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Sat, 8 Jan 2022 07:57:18 -0800 (PST), "mohammad...@gmail.com"
<mohammad...@gmail.com> wrote:

>In all honesty, you are destroying the free world. You are destroying the USA.
>
>It is absolutely impossible to have a free world, without having people that actually believe freedom is real. Enter creationism, the belief that the entire universe is chosen. So by creationism freedom is real, and, the subjective spirit making the choices is real.
>
>It's not going to turn out ok to throw out creationism. It's not going to be fair play. It's just going to be total chaos, anything goes, and total catastrophy.
>
>Generally most of the conservatives have identified the rot in the USA as coming from universities, and identified it as lack of belief in God, and widespread materialism.
>
>You're a fucking nazi, just a fucking nazi, going out of your way to destroy everything that is good. Going out of your way to destroy the belief in anything spiritual, because of the spirit not being objective, but subjective.
>
>This is what you do, this is what Jillery does, this is what Aber Mintz does, this is what Joe Cummings does, this is what you all do. You go out of your way to destroy everything that is good.

Ahem. Is some loony taking my good name in vain?

f read Mohammed correctly - always a difficult job, he seems to be
ranting about me destroying everything that is good.

Give me an example of that, O Foulmouth, and I'll try to correct it.

'Yopu'll note, dear Mohamed, that I don't swear when I'm allegedly
destroying good, whereas you, on the other hand swear like a trooper
when claiming to do good.

Joe Cummings