Hossenfelder humor

jillery

Feb 2, 2023, 12:45:11 AM2/2/23
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Sabine Hossenfelder is a certified physicist who also posts a lot of
Youtube videos. Some of her videos discuss recent miscellaneous
science news, such as the following 18-minute video.

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z50kjnZXpXg>

In the above, Hossenfelder mentioned that Chalmers University of
Technology (CUT) in Sweden has offered to make available to industry
one of their quantum computers. From that, she speculates that CUT
would need to setup a help desk for quantum computer noobs:

CUT HELP DESK: Hello. How can I help you?
CALLER: Our quantum computer isn't working correctly.
CUT HELP DESK: Have you tried turning it on and off at the same time?

This is as good as anything I heard on TV's "Big Bang Theory".

--
You're entitled to your own opinions.
You're not entitled to your own facts.

Matt Beasley