Swami Ginmayananda 2006 Results

heyref

Jan 3, 2007, 5:05:43 PM1/3/07
Once again, I am pleased to be able to present the results of last year's
predictions by His Holiness Swami Ginmayananda. This time of year the
media are deluged with predictions by psychics, clairvoiants, entrail
readers, and stock market analysts. What is often lacking are two things;
first, clear, unambiguous predictions, and second, any analysis of the
previous year's predictions by said psychics. The renowned Swami
Ginmayananda differs on both counts. His Holiness makes predicitons
which are clear and not subject to misinterpretation or ex post facto
waffling. His Holiness also makes a point of publishing a year end review
of the previous year's predicitons and his successes or failures. Swami
Ginmayananda is currently in seclusion at his ashram and distillery near
Mumbai recovering from the rigors of the religious services surrounding
the arrival of the western New Year. Accordingly, he has asked me, his
humble cupbearer, to review his predictions from the prior year. If any
unbelievers doubt that these predictions were made before the events
occurred, check Google:Groups.

For those unfamiliar with His Holiness, Swami Ginmayananda is one of the
world's foremost holy men. He is often referred to as "The Drinking Man's
Guru", although he ministers enthusiastically to the Drinking Woman as
well. His Holiness reminds his followers that the Bombay Saphire Martini
remains the accepted form of the sacrament, although chugging straight
from the bottle is acceptable for those living under a Republican, Tory,
or BJP administration. Mixing with carbonated quinine water and ice is
also acceptable for medicinal purposes.

Without further preamble, I present Swami Ginmayananda's predicitons for
2006 (or 5766 [Jewish], 5108 [Kali Yuga], 4703 [lunar], 2062 [Vikram],
1427 [Hijri] as you wish) together with the real-world results:

1. United States troops will remain bogged down in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Still there as I write this

2. North Korea will not start a nuclear war with South Korea.
No war, nuclear or otherwise.

3. The world will not experience a bird flu pandemic in 2006.
No bird flu pandemic occurred.

4. Religious conservatives and creationists will continue to blame all of
the bad things in the United States on the teaching of evolution in public
schools while pushing for the inclusion of creationism and other religious
doctrine in the curriculum.
Still going on. Search any of your favorite news websites.

5. Wigan Athletic will not win the English Premiership, and neither will
Newcastle United, sad to say.
Chelsea won the Premiership. Wigan Athletic finished tenth, and Newcastle
finished seventh.

6. Motherwell will not win the Scottish Premierleague.
Celtic won the Premierleague, while Motherwell finished eighth.

7. Lazio will not win the Serie A.
Inter Milan won the Serie A. Lazio finished sixteenth.

8. The United States will not win the World Cup; neither will Portugal or
Mexico.
Italy won the World Cup. Portugal did well, finishing fouth. Mexico went
out in the round of

16. The US sucked.

9. A magnitude 9+ earthquake will not occur along the Cascadia Subduction
Zone this year.
Did not happen.

10. George Bush will not be assasinated.
This did not happen either. The Shrub bumbles on.

This is the fourth year in a row that Swami Ginmayananda has gone 10 for
10. You could look it up.

I will be posting His Holiness' predictions for 2007 shortly in another
thread. Anyone wishing to contact His Holiness directly may do so at:
bsginma...@indiatimes.com

--
H. Brent Howatt | The deluded are always filled with absolutes
hey...@die.spammers.rootshell.be| The rest of us have to live with ambiguity

John Wilkins

Jan 4, 2007, 1:45:25 AM1/4/07
heyref <hey...@phenix.rootshell.be> wrote:

> I will be posting His Holiness' predictions for 2007 shortly in another
> thread. Anyone wishing to contact His Holiness directly may do so at:
> bsginma...@indiatimes.com

Ask him if Vista will be bug free...
--
John S. Wilkins, Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Biohumanities Project
University of Queensland - Blog: scienceblogs.com/evolvingthoughts

Michael Siemon

Jan 4, 2007, 2:10:35 AM1/4/07
In article <1hrf2ae.gnt6701trstweN%j.wil...@uq.edu.au>,
j.wil...@uq.edu.au (John Wilkins) wrote:

> heyref <hey...@phenix.rootshell.be> wrote:

> > I will be posting His Holiness' predictions for 2007 shortly in another
> > thread. Anyone wishing to contact His Holiness directly may do so at:
> > bsginma...@indiatimes.com
>
> Ask him if Vista will be bug free...

Too easy...

Helios http://members.fortunecity.com/juillet

Jan 4, 2007, 10:41:33 AM1/4/07

Swami Ginmayananda is currently at Santiago, Chile, where a new brand
of wine is being selled and there are 290.000 liters in stock ; Swami
Ginmayananda is here to probe that the new wine its the best in the
world , and to do so he is drinking 10 liters per day , and he is
saying nobody is paying him a peso to do so , but contributions are
necessary . By the way, he announced there will be no earthquake in
downtown Valparaiso this year .

Mike Dworetsky

Jan 4, 2007, 5:29:26 PM1/4/07
"Helios http://members.fortunecity.com/juillet" <merl...@hotmail.com>
wrote in message

Betting against earthquakes in Chile is a bad idea at any time; the whole
country is on a tectonic plate boundary. Could be a bummer for the Swami.

--
Mike Dworetsky

(Remove "pants" spamblock to send e-mail)

chris.li...@gmail.com

Jan 4, 2007, 5:45:29 PM1/4/07

John Wilkins wrote:
> heyref <hey...@phenix.rootshell.be> wrote:

> > I will be posting His Holiness' predictions for 2007 shortly in another
> > thread. Anyone wishing to contact His Holiness directly may do so at:
> > bsginma...@indiatimes.com
>
> Ask him if Vista will be bug free...

I don't know what your problem is, John. It's certainly bug-free. Has
been for quite some time. I mean, I have had one of their cards for
years, first with one bank, then I switched when I got a better
interest rate. They are pretty savvy about security, and actually
stopped my card from working when there were fraudulen-- - -oh, VISTA.
I thought you wrote VISA.

Forget I said anything- especially the security part.

Chris

Message has been deleted

Walter Bushell

Jan 4, 2007, 9:03:40 PM1/4/07
ro

> heyref <hey...@phenix.rootshell.be> wrote:

> > I will be posting His Holiness' predictions for 2007 shortly in another
> > thread. Anyone wishing to contact His Holiness directly may do so at:
> > bsginma...@indiatimes.com
>
> Ask him if Vista will be bug free...

I can predict with confidence, more errors than an early Mets game.

--
Divided we stand!