testing

WolfFan

Nov 25, 2022, 10:55:23 AM11/25/22
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org

New machine. Can I post? Testing, testing...

Bob Casanova

Nov 25, 2022, 11:25:23 AM11/25/22
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Fri, 25 Nov 2022 10:52:27 -0500, the following appeared
in talk.origins, posted by WolfFan <akwo...@zoho.com>:

>New machine. Can I post? Testing, testing...

OK.

--

Bob C.

'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'"

- Isaac Asimov

WolfFan

Nov 25, 2022, 5:15:23 PM11/25/22
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Nov 25, 2022, Bob Casanova wrote
(in article<moq1oh140pflh85la...@4ax.com>):

> On Fri, 25 Nov 2022 10:52:27 -0500, the following appeared
> in talk.origins, posted by WolfFan<akwo...@zoho.com>:
>

> > New machine. Can I post? Testing, testing...
> OK.

Took three tries before it went through.

Bob Casanova

Nov 25, 2022, 5:50:23 PM11/25/22
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Fri, 25 Nov 2022 17:12:52 -0500, the following appeared
in talk.origins, posted by WolfFan <akwo...@zoho.com>:

>On Nov 25, 2022, Bob Casanova wrote
>(in article<moq1oh140pflh85la...@4ax.com>):
>
>> On Fri, 25 Nov 2022 10:52:27 -0500, the following appeared
>> in talk.origins, posted by WolfFan<akwo...@zoho.com>:
>>

>> > New machine. Can I post? Testing, testing...
>> OK.
>
>Took three tries before it went through.

Seems to be working now.

jillery

Nov 25, 2022, 5:50:23 PM11/25/22
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Fri, 25 Nov 2022 17:12:52 -0500, WolfFan <akwo...@zoho.com>
wrote:
Ah, but do you know which one of the three went through?

--
You're entitled to your own opinions.
You're not entitled to your own facts.

Pro Plyd

Nov 25, 2022, 11:05:23 PM11/25/22
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
jillery wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Nov 2022 17:12:52 -0500, WolfFan <akwo...@zoho.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Nov 25, 2022, Bob Casanova wrote
>> (in article<moq1oh140pflh85la...@4ax.com>):

>>> OK.
>>
>> Took three tries before it went through.
>

> Ah, but do you know which one of the three went through?

The wave functions of the other two collapsed when the one (/*The* One?/)
made
it through. Perhaps checking the quantum time signature...

jillery

Nov 26, 2022, 2:05:23 AM11/26/22
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Fri, 25 Nov 2022 21:01:19 -0700, Pro Plyd <inv...@invalid.invalid>
wrote:
Ah, but do you know which two collapsed?

As an Everettian, I would say there exist parallel realities where
every combination did and did not get through. We just happen to live
in this reality where just one went through...

... and we still don't know which one.

WolfFan

Nov 27, 2022, 1:45:24 PM11/27/22
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Nov 25, 2022, jillery wrote
(in article<qeh2ohhpqnl8c82rf...@4ax.com>):

> On Fri, 25 Nov 2022 17:12:52 -0500, WolfFan<akwo...@zoho.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On Nov 25, 2022, Bob Casanova wrote
> > (in article<moq1oh140pflh85la...@4ax.com>):

> > > OK.
> >
> > Took three tries before it went through.
>
> Ah, but do you know which one of the three went through?

Different wording in each post. The one which went through was the third one.
The first two are still Lost In Space.

Bob Casanova

Nov 27, 2022, 3:00:25 PM11/27/22
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Sun, 27 Nov 2022 13:40:10 -0500, the following appeared
in talk.origins, posted by WolfFan <akwo...@zoho.com>:

>On Nov 25, 2022, jillery wrote
>(in article<qeh2ohhpqnl8c82rf...@4ax.com>):
>
>> On Fri, 25 Nov 2022 17:12:52 -0500, WolfFan<akwo...@zoho.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > On Nov 25, 2022, Bob Casanova wrote
>> > (in article<moq1oh140pflh85la...@4ax.com>):

>> > Took three tries before it went through.
>>
>> Ah, but do you know which one of the three went through?
>
>Different wording in each post. The one which went through was the third one.
>The first two are still Lost In Space.

Change of a single variable for purpose of analysis and
troubleshooting! I'm impressed!

Unfortunately, I suspect that no meaningful data was
obtained... :-)

jillery

Nov 27, 2022, 11:55:25 PM11/27/22
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Sun, 27 Nov 2022 12:55:17 -0700, Bob Casanova <nos...@buzz.off>
wrote:

>On Sun, 27 Nov 2022 13:40:10 -0500, the following appeared
>in talk.origins, posted by WolfFan <akwo...@zoho.com>:
>
>>On Nov 25, 2022, jillery wrote
>>(in article<qeh2ohhpqnl8c82rf...@4ax.com>):

>>> Ah, but do you know which one of the three went through?
>>
>>Different wording in each post. The one which went through was the third one.
>>The first two are still Lost In Space.
>>
>Change of a single variable for purpose of analysis and
>troubleshooting! I'm impressed!
>
>Unfortunately, I suspect that no meaningful data was
>obtained... :-)

Any data collected are about as meaningful as the conclusion(s)
derived from them.

jillery

Nov 27, 2022, 11:55:25 PM11/27/22
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Sun, 27 Nov 2022 13:40:10 -0500, WolfFan <akwo...@zoho.com>
wrote:

>On Nov 25, 2022, jillery wrote
>(in article<qeh2ohhpqnl8c82rf...@4ax.com>):
>
>> On Fri, 25 Nov 2022 17:12:52 -0500, WolfFan<akwo...@zoho.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > On Nov 25, 2022, Bob Casanova wrote
>> > (in article<moq1oh140pflh85la...@4ax.com>):

>> > Took three tries before it went through.
>>
>> Ah, but do you know which one of the three went through?
>
>Different wording in each post. The one which went through was the third one.
>The first two are still Lost In Space.

DANGER, Will Robinson!

Bob Casanova

Nov 28, 2022, 11:30:05 AM11/28/22
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Sun, 27 Nov 2022 23:50:09 -0500, the following appeared
in talk.origins, posted by jillery <69jp...@gmail.com>:
Correct; he(?) (apparently) drew no conclusions from the
data collected.

jillery

Nov 28, 2022, 1:15:04 PM11/28/22
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Mon, 28 Nov 2022 09:26:57 -0700, Bob Casanova <nos...@buzz.off>
Consider the likelihood that wolffan doesn't post to T.O. all the
conclusions he draws in real life.

Bob Casanova

Nov 28, 2022, 2:50:04 PM11/28/22
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Mon, 28 Nov 2022 13:12:04 -0500, the following appeared
Of course, which is why I included "apparently".

Ron Dean

Nov 28, 2022, 8:00:04 PM11/28/22
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Nov 25, 2022 at 10:52:27 AM EST, "WolfFan" <akwo...@zoho.com> wrote:

> New machine. Can I post? Testing, testing...

Testing a new machine.

Ron Dean

Nov 30, 2022, 3:05:07 PM11/30/22
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
Testing

peter2...@gmail.com

Nov 30, 2022, 8:10:07 PM11/30/22
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
This post came through, Ron, and another came through at
at 3:05:07 PM UTC-5 today.

Peter Nyikos

Pro Plyd

Jan 3, 2023, 12:50:38 AM1/3/23
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
jillery wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Nov 2022 21:01:19 -0700, Pro Plyd <inv...@invalid.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> jillery wrote:

>>> Ah, but do you know which one of the three went through?
>>
>> The wave functions of the other two collapsed when the one (/*The* One?/)
>> made it through. Perhaps checking the quantum time signature...
>

> Ah, but do you know which two collapsed?

Yes, by having the Observer check the system logs and match sends with
receives ;)

(what, realities have logs? why not!)

> As an Everettian, I would say there exist parallel realities where
> every combination did and did not get through. We just happen to live
> in this reality where just one went through...
>
> ... and we still don't know which one.

I pick - THIS one

jillery

Jan 3, 2023, 5:20:39 AM1/3/23
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
On Mon, 2 Jan 2023 22:45:42 -0700, Pro Plyd <inv...@invalid.invalid>
wrote:

>jillery wrote:
>> On Fri, 25 Nov 2022 21:01:19 -0700, Pro Plyd <inv...@invalid.invalid>
>> wrote:

>>> The wave functions of the other two collapsed when the one (/*The* One?/)
>>> made it through. Perhaps checking the quantum time signature...
>>

>> Ah, but do you know which two collapsed?
>
>Yes, by having the Observer check the system logs and match sends with
>receives ;)

You comment above illustrates why quantum entanglement doesn't allow
FTL transmission; no one observer has access to both send and receive
logs untill the missing log is sent at ordinary lightspeed.

>(what, realities have logs? why not!)
>
>> As an Everettian, I would say there exist parallel realities where
>> every combination did and did not get through. We just happen to live
>> in this reality where just one went through...
>>
>> ... and we still don't know which one.
>
>I pick - THIS one

Like they say, you can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but
you ought not pick your friend's nose.

Pro Plyd

Jan 20, 2023, 10:25:56 PM1/20/23
to talk-o...@moderators.isc.org
jillery wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Jan 2023 22:45:42 -0700, Pro Plyd <inv...@invalid.invalid>
> wrote:
>> jillery wrote:
>>> On Fri, 25 Nov 2022 21:01:19 -0700, Pro Plyd <inv...@invalid.invalid>

>>> Ah, but do you know which two collapsed?
>>
>> Yes, by having the Observer check the system logs and match sends with
>> receives ;)
>
> You comment above illustrates why quantum entanglement doesn't allow
> FTL transmission; no one observer has access to both send and receive
> logs untill the missing log is sent at ordinary lightspeed.

Wipe the logs after each transmission, both observer/receiver and
sender. If a receive log is created, you have a successful event.

>> (what, realities have logs? why not!)
>>
>>> As an Everettian, I would say there exist parallel realities where
>>> every combination did and did not get through. We just happen to live
>>> in this reality where just one went through...
>>>
>>> ... and we still don't know which one.
>>
>> I pick - THIS one
>

> Like they say, you can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but
> you ought not pick your friend's nose.

Otto from A fish Called Wanda was ahead of the times, by asking
what was the middle one, he expected superpositioning. As in, both
states at the same time.